Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5Overall Rating 4.6666667/5rating 4.6666667

JJ
Joyce J.
Grayson, GA
02/13/2019 Category: Service
Joyce said she likes the employee Mike at this business, he is a good guy.

EB
Earl B.
Stone Mountain, GA
02/12/2019 Category: Service
Earl said the employees were good. They were helpful. They were trustworthy. They provided great service.

MA
Melinda A.
02/11/2019
Always great service!
We always take our car to Holdens. They have been honest with us and always do quality repair.

Kia Niro
02/10/2019
front man is great!
i stopped in by chance to see if I could have my oil changed. The man at the front was so friendly and kind. He was able to fit me in and in under an hour, it was done. He also said they would check all my fluid levels and my tires and brakes just to make sure all was ok. I do not believe the mechanics in the back checked any fluid levels or my tires. I think they simply changed my oil, which was fine because that is what I asked for. But dont say that's going to be done and then you dont do it. I know for a fact because the tire pressures are too high on 2 tires, and they remained that way after service. It did leave me with an insecurity on the level of service from the back. But your front man is wonderful!!
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 02/15/2019

Thank you for your response. It is very surprising that you found the tire pressures were not corrected. We pride ourselves on being that shop that does not overlook anything on the car. As one can see, this is the first review we have ever recieved that mentioned we overlooked something. I have gone through a painstaking process to hire the best crew there is. I will address this with my techs. I know that no one is perfect and mistakes can happen but we cannot let this happen ever. I will be contacting you by phone to personally take care of this. I look forward to speaking with you and earning your future business.

HC
Harry C.
02/09/2019
Rear brakes; oil change.
I was a little curious about the number of quarts of oil for my engine. Looking at price and units I’m thinking 5 ?? I had an older Silverado and it seemed like it took 6 quarts ? I just wasn’t clear about that.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 02/15/2019

Thank you for your response, Harry. Our computer system defaults to five quarts when we enter in an oil change job and before we give the receipt to the customer, we have to manually change the number of quarts we actually put in. So from time to time, we just forget to change it in the receipt to 6 or 7 or whatever number it is. Your vehicle does have 6 quarts, we just forgot to change it on your invoice. Sorry for the confusion.

Buick Enclave
02/08/2019
Services and Smiles
Great service, friendly atmosphere.

Steve B.
Lawrenceville, GA
Ford Expedition
02/07/2019 Category: Service
Steve said that the place was timely, did good work, and had good communication.

GB
Greg B.
Nissan Sentra
01/31/2019
Replaced my Struts
I brought my car in because when I turned my steering wheel I heard popping sounds. I paid $1,000 for you to replace my front struts. The popping sound persists when I turn the steering wheel same as it did before I brought it to your shop. You replaced my rack and pinion a year and half ago and I've no problems. I'm not sure how or why you got this one wrong but that's a lot of money to pay to be left with a car that has the exact same problem now as it did when I brought it in. So I'm not going to answer No to the next question of would I recommend you to a friend, at this point.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 02/15/2019

Thank you Greg for bringing your vehicle back in for us to rectify the noise issue. Although we did hear a noise from the struts, that was not all the issues and we apologize for not catching that the first time. Gary spoke to you after you picked up your car from us the second time and you said that all noises were gone so thank you for allowing us to correct the issue. Although we are not perfect, we are always going to be fair and honest. If there is ever any issue in the future, just commuicate that to us and we will correct it.

TG
Tony G.
Mitsubishi Galant
01/31/2019
Check Engine Light?
The Check Engine Light came-on the Galant. We had the folks at Holden's put the car on the computer, and the diagnostic Code told us it was a *Miss-fire on the number 4 engine cylinder. They recommended replacing the - Coil, Plug Wires and new Spark Plugs. The car has over 180,000 miles - so probably the right-call on replacing these parts. The work was accomplished in a professional manner, and we had the car back around noon on the same day. As always, thanks to Mike and his crew for taking care of our vehicles and knowing the job was done right!

Chuck M.
Lawrenceville, GA
01/28/2019
Friendly, Efficient and Complete
Very good service. Friendly staff. Efficient service. Completed as stated including time frame. Able to complete all tasks as requested even though a couple items were out of the norm.

Mike C.
01/21/2019
Trustworthy and Honest
I can depend on having only the problems that need repaired and not worry about Mike or his mechanics telling us of something that is not needed to be done. Have been using Holden's Automotive for many years now. Gary in the office is efficient and friendly and calls once he knows what needs to be done.

JY
John Y.
Stone Mountain, GA
Lexus ES 350
01/16/2019 Category: Service
John said the tire keeps losing air. They cannot find out what's wrong with it.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/28/2019

Im sorry the tire was still leaking, John. We thought we had found it with the loose Tire Pressure Monitor. Im glad we found the leak today when you returned. Sometimes those extremely small leaks are hard to find. In the future just let us know that you have an issue and we will resolve it asap.

Kelly S.
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Kelly said the customer service was great.

AR
Allen R.
Loganville, GA
Lincoln Town Car
01/12/2019
allen richards
great service
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

Always good to see you Allen. You guys have been great friends over the years.

CL
Charo L.
Ram 1500
01/09/2019
These guys solve problems that other shops will not bother to take on. I definitely feel as though my money is well spent with them.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

Thank you for your kindness, Charo. We strive to just be better and kinder every day. We look forward to serving you in any way we can.

SA
Steve A.
01/05/2019 Category: Service
Steve said this business had good prices, the service was fast, and the staff was friendly.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

Thank you for the nice review, Steve. Let us know whenever we can be of future assistance to you.

TF
Tom F.
Chevrolet El Camino
12/24/2018
El CAmino
Starts and runs good. Now I have heat too.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

As always, Tom, we love being of service to you. Thank you for your loyalty.

TG
Tony G.
Mitsubishi Galant
12/23/2018
"Christmas Starter"
This past week, just a few days before Christmas... my wife got in her car to go to work. When she turned the ignition switch, all we heard was One-click and no start. We had the car towed to Holden's Automotive, and Mike and his crew replaced the Starter same day. We picked-up the car the next morning, and it was cranking like a brand-new Mitsubishi Galant. "They always do great work at Holden's, and we always keep-on going back for our car-care needs!"
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

We appreciate your loyalty over the years, Tony. Anytime we can be of service, as you know, we are just a phone call away.

Darrell C.
Lincoln Town Car
12/23/2018
No notice repair
The "check engine" light on my wifes car came on at a very inconvenient time, she called and Mike told her to bring it in ( we both know how busy they stay). I took the car in and explained that my wife really needed the car that day and Mike got it in, checked it out and repaired all within a couple of hours.
Several years ago, before I actually started using Holden's I had taken this same car to them to get a second opinion on a repair that we had been quoted $600 for. Mike checked it out within an hour, showed me what was wrong (I had not told Mike about already having a quote for the repair), and then fixed the problem in about 5 minutes without any charge ! We have been using Holden's ever since and have found them to be very honest, very good, very fairly priced, and always very courteous. What more could you ask for.
Auto repair shops like this is very hard to find.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words, Darrell. As you know, our business philosophy is very simple; just do what is right and be kind to everyone. We have certainly enjoyed serving you and getting to know you over the years.

BR
Brian R.
12/22/2018
Fast service, quite satisfied.
We've used Holden's for several years, now, and have yet to have anything to complain about. They're always fast, communicative and friendly.
Michael H. from Holden's Automotive responded on 01/15/2019

Thank you, Brian, for allowing us to serve you for several years now. We will continue to earn your trust for many more years to come.