Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5rating 4.85714
Overall Rating 2.14286/5Overall Rating 2.14286/5rating 2.14286rating 2.14286rating 2.14286

TN
Theresa N.
Novato, CA
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
07/19/2018 Category: Service
Unnecessary repairs
He said car was puking oil. Needed all belt replaced. About $1500 worth of work.. Took car for second opinion, mechanic said work not necessary..
BRYAN W E. from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 07/23/2018

My apologies that your service visit was less than exceptional. It was a plessure speaking with you this morning. Thank you for allowing me the time to go over your last service visit. Contact me when your schedule allows it so we can get your vehicle in the shop and go over it together.

Hyundai of Petaluma

ST
Sabrina T.
Penngrove, CA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/30/2017 Category: Service
Revision
The general manager of Petaluma Hyundai reached out to me personally to discuss my recent visit. I felt that Josh really heard what I had to say, he listened to my experience, and was apologetic. He ensured me that action will be taken to avoid future instances such as the one I went through. Because of his great customer service and willingness to work with me I have decided to give them another chance. It’s nice to see that Josh puts his customers first above all else. Thank you for hearing me and for your support.

12/30/2017 Category: Service
Poor communication in all ways
I paid for a service I did not receive. My tires were not rotated. Had to come in a second time to get the service completed. The service department failed to communicate the current state of my vehicle, in fact gave me false information. The first appointment they told me to my face that my tires were in “great” condition. When I came in a second time, all of a sudden I need two tires replaced on my next scheduled appointment for oil change/tire rotation. How is that possible? One day the tires are quote “great” the next day I need to replace tires.
The recipt records Hyundai provides also gives zero information regarding the current state of your vehicle. It states what was done, and that’s it. Doesn’t rate your tire condition or provide any detailed information on anything else at all. How can a customer keep proper and accurate information on their vehicle if the records don’t give any information? And how would they know when they’ll need future maintenance if they can’t properly gage the condition of their vehicle. Hyundai Petaluma needs a series upgrade in all of their communication channels to their customers.
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 01/02/2018

Hi Sabrina,
Im sorry to hear your visit was less than exemplary. I would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns and gain your trust back with our store. Please contact me at 707-765-1900

AA
Ariana A.
Santa Rosa, CA
09/02/2017
Thanks for your "courtesy check"
After you checked my running lights, now my left turn signal is out and that was not out before it was dropped off this morning. You guys also washed my vehicle and knocked off a whole chrome strip down the side and you "can't find it" and will not replace it. Thanks for your awful service I am now getting in contact with my lawyer. Every time my car leaves your dealership it is worse than when it came in.

Scott M.
Santa Rosa, CA
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
06/06/2017 Category: Service
Great service! - FIVE STARS
My one star rating should be a five star rating, the disadvantage of working on a "smart" phone.

I have been servicing my Hyundai vehicles in Petaluma for 4+ years. Every experience at Petaluma Hyundai has been exceptional. My last visit was to locate and fix a rattle on my brand new Ioniq.

It turned out to be a simple fix with the cargo net. I was provided a loaner car and a no charge for the visit. I can't ask for more than that!
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 06/06/2017

Thank for taking the time to respond to the survey. You are correct your Ioniq was not serviced. This was in regards to the rattle noise that was occuring from the rear of your vehicle the day after you purchased your vehicle. We had isolated the rattle to your rear cargo net and resolved the concern. If my records are incorrect please contact me at your earliest convenience. I apologize for the confusion. My direct line is 707-779-2494

Sincerely

Petaluma, CA
05/11/2017 Category: Service
Irresponsible Customer Service
I called the service department 4 times to make a service appointment. I left 4 messages, and NEVER got a call back. On the 5th try, someone answered the phone and I was able to make a service appointment. That is bad customer service. I will give them another try but if this happens again, I will find a different place to take my car.
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 05/17/2017

Sorry to hear your service expierence was less than exemplary. I've already spoken with my service staff and made the needed adjustments to prevent this from occuring again. For your next service visit, you may email me directly to ensure prompt appointment scheduling on a day that is convenient for you.
nickg@petalumahyundai.com

RA
Robert A.
San Rafael, CA
2007 Hyundai Tucson
02/28/2017 Category: Service
Terrible
My appointment was scheduled at 9 am. My car was released to me at 1pm.

It was a simple matter of inspecting the warning light and horn that was sounding spontaneously in the early morning hours.
I will not be returning. The former servicing agent, Auto World, did a superior job.

Silvia S.
Rohnert Park, CA
10/18/2016 Category: Service

10/18/2016 Category: Service
Excellent Service. Nick emailed me right away with my concern and know I am sch to bring in my car on Monday. Great customer service. ***** five starts for sure.
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 10/21/2016

Hi Slivia,
I apologize for the unfortunate leak on your a/c compressor,
I would be happy to submit a PA request for a Hyundai Goodwill
repair. Please contact us and we can schedule you an appointment to start the Prior Approval process
Sincerely
Hyundai of Petaluma

Jeanne F.
Larkspur, CA
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/20/2016 Category: Service
Poor service from booking to payment
As a first time customer to your service center on a vehicle I purchased from you in July I am severally disappointed in the level of customer service I received from start to finish:
1. Scheduling an appointment online I was offered a “rewards program”, which I signed up for only to find that my vehicle was registered to someone else, presumably the first owner and the VIN was never cleared at the dealership- so stated he CS at the rewards program.
2. Once item 1 was cleared up, I registered and then made an appointment on line. Have to rescheduled the appointment I found no was to do so online, so I called the number on my confirmation – which is not your number and was informed when the line was answered that “this happens all the time, but it’s not Hyundai’s number” yes its listed on your confirmation.
3. I then tried to call your dealership and ask for service as I wanted to let them know that as I couldn’t reschedule or cancel an appointment online, I had made a new one and wanted to let them know the other appointment time was open; I was transferred to service and went right to voicemail, I called back and explained that I needed to let someone know about the appointment change as it was 24 hours away and I wanted someone to know (I thought I was doing you a curtesy) I was once again transfer and went straight to voicemail. I called back a third time and being transferred right to voicemail left a message to call me – that was Thursday 9/15 to day I have yet to receive a call back.
4. I called late Thursday and spoke to someone on the sales floor and he checked to make sure my rescheduled appointment was okay and left word that that original time was open. I asked the cost of the oil change, and how long it would take – he has no answers,
5. I arrived for my appointment, the very friendly young women welcomed me but could not tell me how long it would take, exactly how much it would cost, why I should use synthetic and when I asked about the reward program she stated she had no idea.,
6. I waited while my service was done which took one hour and 45 minutes which seems long for an oil change and this was an 8:30 appointment so you were busy yet.
7. Upon checking out I again asked the young women, she still had no idea and walked me to the cashier to pay.
8. As soon as I walked up the phone rang and the cashier took the call and preceded to make me and the gentleman who walked up behind m wait while she walked through what seemed to be a very confusing call for her rather than ask the caller to hold or that she would call her back as she had a line in front of her waiting to check out. I again asked about the rewards program and was again told I have no idea. I asked if the services were captured automatically and she stated she didn’t know and said she would get me someone who could answer my questions. Enter the young woman who couldn’t answer the question the two times I asked her.

All in all are any of these life shattering, no. As a completely unsatisfactory front facing customer service experience, yes is was. I believe in keeping my car serviced at the Dealer and I am happy to drive the extra distance as I live in Marin to do this but this sort of service or lack of is disturbing and makes me question if I will ever bring my car back to Petaluma for service. If it were any one of these incidents I would take it in stride, with disappointment at each step it’s a bit much to overcome.
As a new owner of a Hyundai and one who is thoroughly enjoying her car and happy to recommend it to friends, family and colleagues I can’t recommend the service center.
Kat B. from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 09/28/2016

Good morning Jeanne ,

Hope your doing well. I did some research on the Hyundai points.It looks like your car is not registered for the rewards. I have the link for you to get your car set up for that.(If you’re already a myHyundai.com member, just log in to your account, click on the Rewards link, and enroll in Hyundai Rewards.myHyundai.com/Rewards or Hyundai-Rewards.com. Then, click on the Rewards link and enroll in Hyundai Rewards.) I will also send the link that talks about how the points work. (https://hyundai-rewards.com/Rules) I really hope this was helpful. It was to me. Have a beautiful day and enjoy.Please feel free to call me or respond to this email with any further questions . (707-765-1900)
Kat Barry, Service Advisor
 Hyundai Petaluma.

Steven S.
Petaluma, CA
07/27/2016 Category: Service
They are incompetent.
Every time the Petaluma Service Center touches the car, they fix one problem and create another. Each time they refuse to acknowledge they were responsible even though the new problem always occurs in the vicinity of the old one. The costs to fix the new problem are always exorbitant. Avoid this dealership.
Randy T., service director from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 08/09/2016

Hi Steve,
Sorry for the disatifaction, currently attempting to get a goodwill gesture from hyundai for approval on your spiral cable and cruise control concern.

service director

Rohnert Park, CA
07/24/2016 Category: Service
Mediocre at best
Check in time was exceptionally long. Was told someone would check in to give me a cost estimate within an hour-I had to wait 3 hours and then call repeatedly myself. Service desk seemed short staffed and rushed. Not professional. The employees were nice and kind, but I don't think the service was worth the high price tag, especially when there are many other service stations in town.