Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5Overall Rating 4.85714/5rating 4.85714
Overall Rating 2.14286/5Overall Rating 2.14286/5rating 2.14286rating 2.14286rating 2.14286

2009 Hyundai Azera
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai of Petaluma Service Dept.
The service adviser was helpful and courteous even though delivering bad news about needed repairs.

Each visit to this dealer service department over the last two years has been positive. My initial rating was tainted by my disappointment about the cost of the needed repairs and not the adviser.

Thanks Bryan and Nick for the followup.

03/22/2019 Category: Service
Petaluma Hyundai service
The Petaluma Hyundai service group meet an owner's expectations.

However the surprise report that my 2009 Azera @ 62,600 miles needs new upper and lower control arms on both left and right wheels which they said is not covered by warranty was a disappointing report. Quoted at $2,200.00 (roughly halve the trade-in value stunned me.

Just two years ago both front axles were replaced under warranty. Note I drive mostly around town or on the freeway and as a senior citizen I am a reasonable driver. Apparently Korean steel has been recycled too many times or the process is faulty.

My last car, a Lexus LS400, at 100,000 needed struts but that is reasonable. Japanese steel must be of a better grade.

Cannot see myself owning another Hyundai after this experience. Now, do I pay half the trade-in value for repairs and pray no other expensive components go bad?
NICHOLAS D G. from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 03/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to go over some options for you regarding your lower control arm repairs. I'll be reaching out to you today, my direct line is (707)779-2494.

Scott M.
2016 Hyundai Veloster
08/31/2018 Category: Service
15k service
upon further review - Hyundai Petaluma actually performed more service items than I thought. In light of the service performed, the price seems to be pretty competitive after all. Based on our follow up discussion, I'll be returning for my next service.

08/31/2018 Category: Service
Pretty pricey
I guess it's shame on me for thinking a simple oil change service wouldn't be "dealer" expensive.
BRYAN W E. from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 09/04/2018

Hi Scott,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to go over your last service appointment. I do apologize for the inconvience that has been brought upon you. If you have any questions or further concerns regarding this matter, please contact me at (707)779-2494.  It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning.

ST
Sabrina T.
Penngrove, CA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/30/2017 Category: Service
Revision
The general manager of Petaluma Hyundai reached out to me personally to discuss my recent visit. I felt that Josh really heard what I had to say, he listened to my experience, and was apologetic. He ensured me that action will be taken to avoid future instances such as the one I went through. Because of his great customer service and willingness to work with me I have decided to give them another chance. It’s nice to see that Josh puts his customers first above all else. Thank you for hearing me and for your support.

12/30/2017 Category: Service
Poor communication in all ways
I paid for a service I did not receive. My tires were not rotated. Had to come in a second time to get the service completed. The service department failed to communicate the current state of my vehicle, in fact gave me false information. The first appointment they told me to my face that my tires were in “great” condition. When I came in a second time, all of a sudden I need two tires replaced on my next scheduled appointment for oil change/tire rotation. How is that possible? One day the tires are quote “great” the next day I need to replace tires.
The recipt records Hyundai provides also gives zero information regarding the current state of your vehicle. It states what was done, and that’s it. Doesn’t rate your tire condition or provide any detailed information on anything else at all. How can a customer keep proper and accurate information on their vehicle if the records don’t give any information? And how would they know when they’ll need future maintenance if they can’t properly gage the condition of their vehicle. Hyundai Petaluma needs a series upgrade in all of their communication channels to their customers.
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 01/02/2018

Hi Sabrina,
Im sorry to hear your visit was less than exemplary. I would like the opportunity to resolve your concerns and gain your trust back with our store. Please contact me at 707-765-1900

Sincerely,
707-765-1900

Windsor, CA
08/28/2017 Category: Service
Update
Thanks for reaching out a making things right.

08/28/2017 Category: Service
Awful customer service
I was told my car would be ready in 2-3 weeks, I had to call the dealership mulitiple times just to get a hold of a service person. My car ended up taking 7 weeks and then when returned to me it had several problems that it did not have when it was brought in.
margaret f., Customer Relations Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 08/29/2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at our dealership. I am sorry to hear that we provided you an unsatisfactory service experience during your last visit with us. I would like to apologize that the communication between you and our service advisor was not as frequent as you would have prefered. Please reach out to me if you have any more questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Maggie Fuhrer
Hyundai Petaluma
707-769-7700

Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 08/31/2017

Hi Ariana,
I apologize that your service expierence was less than exemplary. I've been informed by my Service Advisor that your having trouble with your fog lights. I would like to diagnosis your fog light issue at no charge as a goodwill gesture. We already have you scheduled for this saturday morning 9/2/17. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact me at 707-765-1900

707-765-1900

Silvia S.
10/18/2016 Category: Service

10/18/2016 Category: Service
Excellent Service. Nick emailed me right away with my concern and know I am sch to bring in my car on Monday. Great customer service. ***** five starts for sure.
Nick G., Service Manager from Hyundai of Petaluma responded on 10/21/2016

Hi Slivia,
I apologize for the unfortunate leak on your a/c compressor,
I would be happy to submit a PA request for a Hyundai Goodwill
repair. Please contact us and we can schedule you an appointment to start the Prior Approval process
Sincerely

ES
Edwin S.
2010 Hyundai Genesis
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai of Petaluma
I will not be returning because this location has closed.

Maria R.
07/01/2019 Category: Service
They are very helpful and very attentive

JN
Janelle N.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
06/28/2019 Category: Service
New better than old!
I used to bring my cars to Santa Rosa Hyundai where I bought my car. But I found the service department to clanging dramatically over the last few years. I decided to try Petaluma Hyundai and I absolutely love their service department.

LD
Lynn D.
Santa Rosa, CA
2019 Hyundai Kona
06/28/2019 Category: Service
good place to bring car for service
Very quick. Staff very friendly and helpful.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
06/25/2019 Category: Service
NICK & BRYAN - EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE!!!!!!!!
Since Nick has been the service manager for the Petaluma Hyundai location, I kept returning as a very satisfied customer due to his leadership and team always providing excellent and transparent service without hidden agendas.

I recently learned this location is closing shop and will no longer be providing service to the regular customers. It was disappointing and upsetting to hear as Nick and his team kept me coming back for service instead of looking elsewhere. Further, the lack of communication and transparency to regular customer informing them as such is disrespectful.

It’d be difficult to make recommendation to others, when the “heart” of returning were the staff that worked there.

UJ

David B.
Santa Rosa, CA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/25/2019 Category: Service
Easy and nice people to deal with !

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/22/2019 Category: Service
A+
Always a good experience

Rachele C.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
They treat you right! Nice folks.

JO
John O.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Hyunda of Petaluma
Very friendly and professional, with no pressure to add unnecessary service.

Debra R.
Windsor, CA
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Efficent, polite, caring.
I am very impressed with this dealership, I purchased my car there and have had all of my scheduled maintenance done there.
They understood when I was late due to traffic, keep me informed while they are working on my car and detailed my car to perfection.
Great crew!

Debra R.
Nick was Great!
Nick, the service manager, did an outstanding job in assisting me when I brought my car in for servicing. It was my first service after purchasing my new Hyundai. There were a few things that had problems with and he immediately stepped up to solve them. He did a fantastic job getting my car serviced on time and I even got a car wash! Nick has to follow up with me on a few things so I’m waiting on that, however, he was very competent and I’m sure I’ll hear from him soon. Thanks for all your help Nick!

Hello Debra,

Thank you for taking time to submit a review. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Our company puts our customers satisfaction as top priority and we are happy to see that we were able to achieve that. We are glad to see that Nick did an outstanding job. We look forward to ensuring your Elantra remains in optimal operating condition for you to enjoy. Thank you!

Deborah D.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
Service with a smile
The team greeted be by name when I arrived. I was told how long it would take which was very accurate. Comfortable space to wait. All in all, WELL DONE

Hello Deborah,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customers and we are glad to see that our service advisors were able achieve that. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Thank you!

MA
Mahmood A.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
Oil change service
Made appointment 2 pm due to traffic running late call them they say no problem gat there they even owner my coupon with is say free oil change expired after 60 days they did not charge me anything and they still gat done at the time they promised like one and half hrs

Hello Mahmood,

Thank you for leaving us such a great review. We appreciate your business and are very glad to see your appointment went great. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customers and we are glad to see that our service advisors are always able to achieve that. We look forward to keeping your Hyundai Elantra is great condition. Thank you!

James H.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
06/07/2019 Category: Service
15k Checkup
Great service in a timely manner. Staff very helpful and easy to work with.

Hello James,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and are very glad to see your appointment went great. We take pride in giving outstanding service to every customers and we are glad to see that our service advisors are always able to achieve that. We look forward to keeping your Hyundai Elantra is great condition. Thank you!