Michael P.
Mount Washington, KY
05/28/2019
My truck
Company is way to high you have more then half of the amount and yet they won't try anything to work with you worse customer service ever please I'm begging you not to bring your car there
John O. from John Overley Automotive responded on 06/13/2019

We apologize that you are not happy with your experience with us.  However, our prices are comparable to those of other reputable shops.  We also give you quality work done by certified technicians, and we back it all up with a 3 Years / 36,000 Miles Parts and Labor Warranty, which is the best in the industry.

05/13/2018
Starter service
I was surprised at the cost to replace a starter. I wish I had been told the cost before they replaced it. I would have shopped around for a better price. I am usual lovey happy with the work and service at Overley but not recently. I feel they have been very overpriced lately.
John O. from John Overley Automotive responded on 05/14/2018

Hello,

I am sorry you feel the price was too high.  However,I did tell you the price before we did the work.  You had asked if we could just replace a solenoid, and I replied that we could not.  We do give the best warranty in town on all repairs (3 yr / 36000 miles) on parts AND labor.  We only used top quality parts so that we can provide this warranty.  However, I did notice that in the past we gave you a A.A.A. discount of 10% we did not give you on this repair.  I would be happy to refund 10% of parts and labor ($40.00).  We do greatly appreciate all your business and would like to be of service in the future.

John Overley

Beverly B.
Buick LeSabre
12/15/2017 Category: Service
Beverly said as soon as she got home, the light came back on. She said her vehicle has the same problem and she will be taking it back.
John O. from John Overley Automotive responded on 12/22/2017

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.  Making our customer's happy is our #1 Priority.  We would love to take a second look at your vehicle and see if we can get everything working properly again for you.  Again, we are very sorry, and we hope you'll give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Nick Overley

Joe C.
New Lenox, IL
Ford Econoline
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Joe said his experience at the business was bad. The owner had a horrible attitude and tried to keep his vehicle from him by blocking it with another vehicle. Their prices are more expensive than other facilities. It was his worst experience with this type of business.
John O. from John Overley Automotive responded on 09/12/2016

Joe was in Chicago (where his business is located) when the driver in his van broke down a couple miles from here.  Someone recommended us to his driver who called and had us tow it in to check out.  The driver's main concern was if we could get it running the same day (it was @ noon).  I told him we would try, depending on what was wrong.  It got here and we tested several things and isolated the problem to the fuel pump.  The driver called Joe to tell him the diagnosis and Joe stated he just had one put in less than a year ago.  Joe then had the other shop call me about it.  This person questioned my diagnosis and then suggested he would send me another fuel pump.  I explained to him that we did not do work like that...  we give a 2 year / 24000 mile parts and labor warranty on repairs and I only use certain parts suppliers.  Then, later, Joe called me back to say he had found a fuel pump cheaper at a local discount parts supplier here in Louisville (his driver had given him our repair price earlier).  At that point, I explained to him the same thing I explained the the man who had put the last pump in;  we only use certain suppliers for certain parts due to warranty.   Joe got mad and said that my prices were too high and  he would call me back.  His driver talked to him several more times and Joe told him to get the keys back and he would call me on the shop phone to pay and he would just have it towed somewhere else (it was almost 6pm by this time; which is when we close).  The driver told me this, and we waited until @ 6:20 pm and Joe never called.  I told the driver that I had to leave and that I would block the vehicle in overnight if Joe did not call back to pay.  About 10 minutes later, Joe called and payed over the phone with a credit card for the tow and diagnosis. The only reason Joe could think I was rude is because I would not change my standard price or business practices for him.

HL
Hannah L.
Kentucky
Volkswagen New Beetle
06/04/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Hannah's mother. She said she had the vehicle towed to this business Friday night. They were closed by then, so she called them Saturday morning. Their website said they were open until 2:00 PM on Saturdays, but since it was memorial day weekend, they were closed. She left them a message hoping they would check it first thing Monday morning. She asked them to call her so they could talk about the vehicle. At 10:30 AM Tuesday morning she still had not heard from them, so she called them. The employee she talked to said the vehicle was missing a lot of stuff, and she told the employee she knew about all of that. She asked them what they charged, and they said they charge $96 an hour, and that it would take them 2 or 3 hours to figure out the problem. She told them not to do anything to the vehicle and she will just come and pick it up. The next day when she got there and picked up the keys, they handed her a $56 bill. She asked what the bill was for, and they told her it was for the diagnoses. She then asked what was wrong with the vehicle, and reminded her that it would take them 2 or 3 hours to find out what was wrong. She asked them not to do anything to her vehicle, so she expressed that they should have called her back and spoke with her. They also added some anti-freeze because they found it to be a little low. When she looked at the vehicle the anti-freeze was completely empty because of a leak. Nowhere on the bill did it say there was leak, even though the vehicle leaked all of its antifreeze on their lot. She found them to be very unprofessional and discourteous. When she told them about the leak, they took the anti-freeze off the bill. She was not planning on paying for anything, but nonetheless she asked if she could write them a check. They would not accept a check, so she had to use her card to pay $49 for nothing. She would not recommend others to them.
John O. from John Overley Automotive responded on 06/09/2016

Athough we strive very hard to satisfy everyone, sometimes that is just not possible.  Hannah had her car towed in after hours on Friday of the Memorial Day weekend.  We were closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the holiday.  On Tuesday, I had several messages and had not had time to respond to them all when Hannah's step mother called and told me her car had died and possibly over heated (not sure).  I told her we would check it out and call.  She told me to call Hannah when I found the problem.  My tech pulled it in to check it out.  He scanned computer codes and then started checking under the hood.  He found parts missing and looked in the trunk and found some parts.  Assuming someone had tried to fix it, he started to put it back together, but found cut wires under the hood and missing wiring harnesses.  Although the vehicle started, it ran very poorly.  He found the coolant overflow empty and was filling when Hannah's  mother (not step mother) called. I told her what we had found (thinking it was the same person I talked to earlier) and explained what we had found and told her it would take 2 to 3 more hours to straighten out cut wires and find out what was going on with the car. She said "her mechanic" had done that and had parts ordered and for me not to do anything else.  At this point we had all ready spent over an hour on her car. We put it back together and and parked it out front.  She picked it up the next day and was very rude when I explained that we had spent over an hour on her daughter's vehicle, but I only charged her our minimum diagnostic charge of 1/2 hour and gave her a 10% discount.  Her antifreeze was still low because she had told us not to do anything to her car because "her mechanic" was going to fix it. (still not sure why she came to us in the first place if she all ready had a mechanic she wanted to use).  As for the check, we have a sign posted in the lobby and also a sign about a minimum 1/2 hour diagnostic charge.  Her 3rd to last sentence sums it up when she says that "she was not planning on paying for anything".  I don't know why anyone would go to a service facility expecting to pay nothing for service.

CINDY W.
07/29/2015
Lack of communication
You don't want my feed back.