Danielle P.
Gary, IN
Pontiac Grand Prix
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Danielle said she had to do all the work that this business was supposed to do. They could not find the correct part for her vehicle so she had to go to auto zone and purchase them herself. They claimed that a part was damaged and wanted to charge her over $200 to replace it, but she went and found the part for only $40. When she showed a second facility the part they said needed to be replaced they advised her that there was nothing wrong with it and they didn't know why she had been told that it needed to be replaced. They waited until the end of the day to tell her that the part needed to be replaced as well. In addition, with all the other businesses in the area, if a vehicle is towed in and the customer chooses to have the work done at that facility they wave the tow fee. This business still charged her for it even though the vehicle only had to be towed 2 blocks. She would not recommend this business.

KC
Kathy C.
Highland, IN
Dodge Caravan
08/11/2018 Category: Service
Kathy said she had a problem with her service. The employees did not install her oil filter tightly. Her vehicle leaked oil. The service issue caused her vehicle to be stranded on the road.

Larry S.
La Porte, IN
06/04/2018 Category: Service
Larry said when he got home the engine in his vehicle was already overheating, so his visit to the business made the problem worse.

DAVID H.
South Holland, IL
Pontiac Sunfire
03/20/2018
Head gasket
Took car in they said it was a head gasket. They offered to buy car but i declined. Went to pick up car next day and it wouldnt start. Which we were told it was hydraulic lock. Got the car towed back to the house. Car started up everytime. Tow cost 100 which wasnt needed but not sure what was done to prevent it from starting so i could drive off. When i didnt sell it possibly this was done to persuade me to sell it. Not a good feeling and wont ever go back
Bill R. from Kennedy Auto Service responded on 03/30/2018

We ary sorry that your visit was unpleasant. Your vehicle was brought in with a complaint  of a coolant leak and the vehicle had been overheated 4 times. We performed a cooling system test and did find the head gasket was leaking externally and internally into the combustion chamber. This did cause the engine to become hyraulic locked. We infomed you of our findings and gave you an estimate. Due to the cost of the repair we offered if you did not want to put the money into it we would purchase it for scrap. Once you got the car home and it sat, the coolant drained past the piston rings, clearing the hydraulic lock. Nothing was done to your vehicle to stop it from starting by us. The vehicle overheating multiple times did.

Kennedy Auto Service

LA
Lynn A.
Portage, IN
02/25/2018
Dishonesty doesn’t win the race
Used my debit card here on Thursday. On Sunday my debit card company reported fraudulent charges which they stopped. Now I have to get a new card. The last time I used my card was at McDonald’s a week and a half ago. Kinda funny! South Carolina Furniture was the culprit. I’ve never been there. I live in Indiana .

LA
Lynn A.
Portage, IN
02/22/2018
Never Again
I had to pay $93.65 for a diagnostic check. I already had one a week before and had the paperwork with me. I went here for convenience. I wasn’t informed about the diagnostic charge until after it had been done. I also didn’t know they were going to do another one. I assumed they would go by my paperwork. Never assume. I was told they don’t waive this fee even if I have them do the work. I chose to go elsewhere. If I had been told upfront, I wouldn’t have left my car in the first place.

MK
MIKE K.
01/30/2018
Oil leak
Looks like we have an oil leak. That ain’t good boys. $7800 and an oil leak. I’ll check the driveway again when I get home but I left the truck with you an extra day to make sure everything was good. Please make sure that Bill sees this because if there’s an oil leak he and I need to talk.

AW
Alli W.
Indiana
Dodge Stratus Sdn
11/07/2017 Category: Service
Alli said she had a horrible experience at this business. The guy at the front desk was rude, disrespectful and had a bad attitude. He was rude when she asked questions about the repairs that were done on her vehicle. He told her he was not the person that did the repairs, it was cold outside, it was 5 pm and he was ready to go home. She will never go back to this business for service.

RE
Rev E.
Michigan City, IN
Plymouth Voyager
12/09/2016 Category: Service
Rev said his vehicle is back at the facility because it started rattling and vibrating. It stopped all together and had to be towed.

LW
Larry W.
01/07/2016 Category: Service
Larry said he is not happy with the fact that he was overcharged. He will not recommend this facility to anyone.

SG
SANDRA G.
11/17/2015
cold servicemen
new service men at the desk is very very cold doesn't smile or nothing plus the service men over there doesn't talk to you anymore like they used to time to look for another service bring back the other guy