Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 1 hour ago

06/30/2019 Category: Service
The service tech lied
I was told my rear brakes were worn to 2mm of life and should be replaced. After I got my car home I pulled the brakes apart to install new brake pads my self. Only to find that I still had almost 4.5 mm of brake life left. When I held the old pad next to the new pad, my best estament was my old brake pads still had 65% life left. They also measured my front brakes and lied about them too. Just not as badly. After calling them about what I found they offered a free oil change. But that doesn’t change the fact I can’t trust them any more. If some one from Kia reads this, I have pictures and measured the brake pads with dial calipers down to the thousandth of an inch.

YM
YVONNE M.
Lakewood, WA
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Recent sevice at Kia of Puyallup
I am very unhappy with the service I received because when I called and made the appointment I was very clear that I needed an oil change first and foremost. I, also, needed the left front turn signal bulb replaced. The person on the phone asked about a car wash and I said yes, I needed that also. I had in my head that the cost would be approximately $125. I will admit that I didn't read the paper before I signed it, but I had told the guy doing the paperwork that I needed an oil change, the light fixed, and a car wash. He took my key, went out like they always do, came back and said, "yes, the light is out." He said "the light", not 3 lights! Neither of us mentioned the oil change but I had made that clear when I called, and when he picked up the paperwork I just thought everything had been documented correctly when I called for the appointment. Then a different guy came to the waiting area and told me that I had several other bulbs out. I thought it was strange because the first guy didn't mention that I had other lights out when he walked around he car. Like a dumb head I didn't tell him that I wanted the bulbs that they exchanged. When he told me it was $119 I said 'oh, good! because I figured it was going to cost me around $125 for the oil change, bulb replacement, and car wash." On the way home I glanced up at my sticker and noticed it had not been changed. I pulled into the nearest parking lot, looked at the receipt and saw nothing about the oil change on it. I thought they had just forgotten to replace the sticker. I called and he guy said "no, we didn't do an oil change." I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I made that clear when I called for the appointment. So now I have to come out there again to get it done. Pay an additional cost. I was floored! Especially when I learned that I could go to O'Reilley's and bought the bulbs and they would have helped me, or shown me how to put them in myself. I'm disgusted!

Shelton, WA
06/27/2019 Category: Service
Ripped off
After having the 60,000 mile maintenance service, our service rep strongly suggested having two other items done on the car. After getting home, we did some research and found out that cleaning or maintenance on the turbo is a common ploy which enriches the dealership and is not necessary for the running of the car. We drive a long way to get to your dealership in Puyallup because of good service in the past but now are very disappointed!!!

Cindy B.
05/26/2019
Financing not needed
Your finance manager lied to us. We came in with our pre approved finance letter, drivers licenses and Usaa insurance card. Our lender. (one of your preferred finance banks) said we could pick up the check from them upon making a decision to purchase. No additional credit inquiry needed. Ryan insisted we had to run our credit again because of the Oklahoma bombing. I said no, he insisted. He said he needed to verify who we were. I said no again. He said he had or we couldn’t buy the car. Lie after lie. I will never purchase from you again and we will tell everyone

MARY R.
05/24/2019 Category: Service
One star for deceptive pricing
I used Kia's online tire purchase special to order and set up my tire purchase after speaking to Puyallup Kia. After tires installed, I was charged additional $91 for labor that was to be included and shows on my online est. as that. Also charged for shop supplies that show as included on my estimate. My bill that should have cost no $619.24 was instead $719.01. Will not use again as This is deceptive advertising.

Kia Sportage
05/24/2019 Category: Sales
Finance
I was already pre approved at another lender. Therefore, it was not necessary to do another credit inquiry. Ryan (your finance manager) insisted he HAD to in order run it again to make a purchase with you. NOT TRUE!!! I again asked him not to run the hard inquiry...he stated “Oklahoma was blown up, it’s the law”. Show me that law! He lied...and am will tell everyone what he said.
Ryan S., President from Kia of Puyallup responded on 05/30/2019

We've reviewed this internally and it appears there was a disconnect between our Sales Consultant and Sales Manager's (not our Finance Manager) regarding how you wanted to proceed. We are sorry for the confusion. Our team is trying to reach out directly to discuss.

Ryan Sawyer, President

04/13/2019 Category: Service
do not go here
they will take your money and ask you to send more and still not be able to fix your car my car has been there three for a misfire and I am out 1200 and with a car that still have is not fixed.

Kia Rondo
04/10/2019 Category: Service
So disappointed!!!
Every trip to Kia Puyallup is a disappointment. Paid them to inspect and fix something, and they didn't fix the problem. Wanted to chat to someone about it and was totally ignored. Why have I gone back so many times? I've learned my lesson, won't be going back.

SL
SHANNON L.
04/07/2019 Category: Service
Didn't get it fone
I left my car for a week for a couple recalls and light issues. Got a call from Andre told me about my fog light being melted he was to order part and have car done by Friday when I got back. When I got back the car was not done the fog light was not finished. This is absolutely ridiculous.

JJ
JENNIFER J.
04/01/2019 Category: Service
Bad brake experience
Basic oil change & maintenance has been good so far, but I will Never have them do my brakes again. Went into service Not making any noise at all. After i approved them to do my brakes. They had my car for 24 hours. I'm very disappointed in the outcome, brakes are grinding & making popping sounds. Now i need a real shop ti do my brakes correctly.

HM
HENRY M.
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Nope ..... Disgruntled
I have done all my service at Kia Puyallup day 1 after buying it from Car Pros Tacoma.

Great service till yesterday. Dont like dishonesty or upselling. I dont like oil on inside of my interior. New service sticker on floor. I asked car not to be washed, that I had done already, they washed.

Might just take to another dealership as well any future vehicle purchases.

MARGIE H.
Sumner, WA
03/13/2019 Category: Service
I was promised free oil changes for as long as I had vehicle. Did not happen plan to let everyone know KIA of Puyallup does not honor promises. Left message for sales to return call. I am still waiting

Renton, WA
02/27/2019 Category: Sales
Unhappy customer
I'm very unhappy with the car i got.
I feel like i got ripped off. They over charge for a ugly used car and said thats the only car i can get. The salesman hold on to my car keys on my trade in and made me feel like i couldn't leave. I dont recommend this place.

JACK M.
Lakewood, WA
Kia Niro
01/13/2019 Category: Service
recall visit
had a recall issued on my Kia Niro. I was given a convenient appointment time, greeted with a friendly smile and when the recall was completed my vehicle was returned really cleaned and vacuumed. Thanks to my service advisor Karsten..

Seabeck, WA
Nissan LEAF
12/28/2018 Category: Sales
Horrible
They are totally inconsiderate of your time, well being and actual service. I will try to be as fair as possible.
One Tuesday night I was shopping for and electric car to replace our old beater sedan and decided on a 2013 Nissan Leaf at this dealership. I applied for financing and was approved, it was after closing, so I was going to call them the next morning. They called me at about 9am, which was impressive. I spoke to the employee and let her know we wanted a specific car and that we were coming from a distance to buy it that day, but we had some errands to run first, so we won't be there until the early afternoon at the soonest.
We show up at around 2:30 PM and we get there and we meet with the employee I spoke to that morning. She brings us to the car she says she has moved from the lot to the building herself, so she would have noticed that the battery was not even close to full. The car had a charger literally behind it. We look over the car and like it, I get in it, turn it on and notice that it wasn't fully charged, but said it had about 45 miles on it, which is enough to get home if it were an actual range. That is entirely on me. I didn't fully understand how it worked. I was annoyed and asked if we could instead connect the car to the charger behind it while we do paperwork. The lady seemed a bit offended I asked and said, "Do you want to see if it charges?" I said "No, I'd like to make sure we can get home." We back the car up and plug it in. I declined to test drive it partly because of the battery, partly because it was an almost brand new car with low miles and still covered under the original warranty for a couple more thousand miles, which will be important later, so will the tow screw we all had a good laugh about because we were sure it would be used as a weapon before we would need it for it's real purpose.
We get the paperwork done and the employees are fine. They couldn't take our trade because we left a bit of paperwork at home, and it wasn't worth our time to deal with it for what they were offering us, so my husband drove that car home and I enthusiastically got to the Leaf. This is where I made my biggest mistake, the car was still not fully charged and I was so eager to get home and so sure that the range was enough. I Should have insisted that it be fully charged before I left, but I didn't even consider that I wouldn't make it.) I let my husband know I'd see him when he got home, meaning that I would likely get there first. Imagine his horror getting home, and not meeting me or hearing anything from me for quite some time. I don't remember exactly the time it was when we left for home, but it was still light out. I would not get home until almost 11pm.
Everything about the process was smooth, the place was clean, I have no complaint other than how they not only how something so critical and simple was overlooked that caused me great terror and anxiety, but how that situation was handled after.
When I left I tried to find a place along the way to buy a cable to charge my phone which had a dead battery because I didn't plan on needing my phone on the way home because I didn't think I'd be driving alone, so I didn't bother to bring a charging cable. I bought one at the Shell on the way towards Tacoma. The cable didn't really work, which was a bit worrying, but I was still not concerned. I got to the exit to Bremerton from Tacoma towards Port Orchard and I really start to panic. The range dropped and it became clear I wasn't going to make it home so I decided to look for a place to charge the car and a phone to call my husband. I try and look for a place where I can pull off to plug the car in, somewhere safe. I had no phone, it was dark and cold, and I'm small lady. I was utterly terrified. I come upon Olalla Foods. It had gotten dark by then, and the car said it had 8 miles left I pull off there hoping I can find an outlet nearby. They had one I could have used, but it was broken and actually was repaired while I was there, but it wasn't finished until about closing time. I walked to the school across the street looking there too, I spoke to two employees I met outside, and they helped me look, but no luck there. I go back to the gas station and they are kind enough to let me use the phone to call my husband to let him know what happened. He called the dealership and was given the number for Nissan. Nissan took care of the tow because the car was still under warranty, but I was quoted a wait of about 70 min, which if my husband came to pick me up it would be pointless because when we got home we would have to turn around and wait for the tow still anyway. The driver had a job to do before he could get to me but got lost. It drug out into a phone tag "A few more minutes", combined with having no clock or concept of time(We tried a few phone cables the store had and they didn't seem to work either, so still no phone.), the kind employees let me stay in the store to stay warm. I was there until it closed. I went to the car and the truck showed up a bit later. We had to give the guy $6 for the toll on the way back to Tacoma.
I talked to someone from the dealership as well about what was happening at the time and it was the worst. He seemed completely unwilling to offer any meaningful help and at the time I didn't know that Nissan was taking care of the tow, and I had a really hard time getting him to agree to take care of me. He tried to blow me off with a "Let's wait and see what happens." Which is customer service grey language that is supposed to soothe an agitated person into agreement without any kind of actual commitment on behalf of the store. He eventually agreed to pay for the tow if need be, but it was not easy. They didn't seem to care. At no point after they had our money did they seem to care about what happened. I talked to another employee "Oh! I'm sorry that happened to you! We'll be sure to charge all off brand electric cars in the future going forward, thanks, bye!"
There was a problem with our paperwork for our plates, and they overnighted it to us, but we couldn't get to it for a couple days(Not intentional), and they called us and they suddenly were concerned about what happened. But I'm sure they have their paperwork now because I haven't heard anything more than the one reminder call so they can get paid, but no followup beyond that.

If the car had been fully charged as a courtesy I would have made it home. I trusted that the car I bought would get me home because they understood I was from a distance out of town, that was remarked on several times during the buying process. Trusting them was entirely my fault, but I honestly feel in the given situation, the car should have been charged as a no brainier courtesy. I would have made it home, maybe even just barely, but I would have a better idea of how the range worked, instead of spending a harrowing journey and 5+hrs waiting stranded for help, nor would I have to deal with their awful service.

JAMES H.
Orting, WA
Kia Sportage
12/07/2018 Category: Service
Was not repaired
Did not fix problem then had a difficult time getting back in for repair. No loaner although I was promised one.
VERY DISAPOINTED

RL
ROBERT L.
Morton, WA
Kia Sorento
11/21/2018 Category: Service
Damages and carelessness
The first time I brought my vehicle in my antenna was broken. (Eventually got you to fix it)

Second time my rear driver door was scratched up, wether from an employees wardrobe or the vacuum is unknown.

This last time I have MORE interior damages.
Called to have it resolved and was told I have to drive the two hours, one way, at my expense so that a manager could see it.

Will not be purchasing from this dealership again due up the above facts and the unwillingness to immediately correct damages done by your business.

Fircrest, WA
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Takes advantage of young customers.
Feel like I was totally taken advantage of. My mom usually schedules my oil changes and I thought just following what she did was just that simple. I scheduled an “oil” change, I was really proud of myself learning to do things on my own. But I was instead of just an oil change I was scheduled for a level one maintenance. I did not see the amount or the work I authorized when handing over my keys. I thought the man at the desk was being helpful holding the paperwork for me as I signed because I was holding my baby brother at the time. I didn’t realize what I actually signed up for until they gave me an invoice of $131. I said $131 for an oil change?! The man said yes. I’m 18, sticker shocked, but okay I’ll pay this but this is not what I wanted done. Their attitude was like well you signed it and left it at that. I will no longer take my car here. Getting my brakes done at another dealership on the 30th. But in the future will read everything and ask questions not assume the right thing was done, certainly a tough lesson to learn.

11/09/2018 Category: Service
Unprepared for appointment
Contacted kia of Puyallup for service on my Kia Soul with flickering headlights. I received letter in mail, issue would be covered, staff at kia of Puyallup had not heard of this recall. Challenged it's validity over phone & only scheduled appointment because I had extended warranty, they said my warranty would cover repairs. Came in for scheduled appointment and they didn't have part to repair it. Now on hold for them to order & will have to be inconvenienced with another appointment when part gets in. Customer service not a priority, inconvenience with another appointment for same issue due to not being ready with part for 1st scheduled appointment. Hopeful this safety issue recall doesn't cause me an accident!

AL
ANTHONY L.
Tacoma, WA
Kia Niro
11/09/2018 Category: Service
Apparently Kia sells cheap products
We bought a oem thule luggage rack for our new niro. Three of the four end caps fell off. I asked parts about it they said they redesigned new ones, I asked for them to be replaced the guy at service asked me where they fell off at. Stupist question I have been asked. Not sure why I have to pay for something that was not our fault.