Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Spanaway, WA
2020 Hyundai Palisade
01/19/2021 Category: Service
Service of my 2020 Palisade
Service dept did the best they could

01/05/2021 Category: Service
Engine light
Took my 2020 Palisades in for repair sue to engine light.
NATHAN M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 01/05/2021

We are sorry that you r experience was not positive, and that the service took longer than anticipated. Because of the nature of your service, we needed to work with Hyundai to find a solution to your problem, as this is something that had never before been seen. Our service manager will be reaching out to you in the next couple of days to discuss this more. Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.

KC
Kendall C.
Lakewood, WA
01/13/2021 Category: Service
My Service Advisor is super and I feel her efforts are FIVE (5) Stars
A mistake was made, by me, on my last review as instead of a 4 Star review I should have give a 5 Star review due to the efforts of my superior service advisor Emil Wilson. She went out of her way to give me the very best service on my automobile and even explained certain details on the auto that were unknown to me at the time. I will always request that she be my advisor when my automobile needs service. Korum has some wonderful people working for them and she is certainly one.

12/12/2020 Category: Service
In these stressful times Emily Wilson stood out
Service advisor Emily Wilson very helpful on my recent visit
NM
NATHAN M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 12/14/2020

Thakn you for takng the time to leave us a review. We strive fo provide five-star service during every visit. We hope that next time you visit us, your experience will be five-star.

BR
Bradley R.
Rainier, WA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
11/29/2020 Category: Service
Service Manager Cares
My recent routine service didn't go very well, however, Keith Maurer went above and beyond to determine all the problems we have had in the past and the quality of service my husband and I have experienced with our current Genesis. We have a scheduled appointment for Monday November 30th. We have been treated with the utmost respect and concern for our car and our experience with the service department. We look forward to a better outcome.
Thank you for taking the time to make this a priority.
Brenda and Brad Roland.

11/20/2020 Category: Service
Bad Mechanics
No longer referring people to Korum Hyundai after this last oil change... They've left my cover plates loose so they flutter and make horrible noise.. this has happened twice to witch they don't want to replace it... Sorry, you guys messed it up, own up to it.
This last service was the 2nd time now that the mechanics have "over tightened" the oil plug so it's been replaced twice now... The car was in my driveway when I called hyundai about the issue. They they asked if I could tow it in for them... Sure I can, but I should not have to, it was your mechanics fault... Again, own up to it. Of ALL 4 incidences, Hyundai has failed to own up to their failures.
As for the sales people, they are great people, it's sad to see a dealership sabatoging it's sales people by using sub-par mechanics...
KEITH M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 11/20/2020

Mr. Roland,

I am very sorry, and extremely concerned, to hear about your experiences here at Korum Hyundai.  As the new Service Manager, our quality of service, and customer satisfaction, is my number one priority.  I would like to speak to you regarding your visit, and to see if there is any way we can reearn your trust.  I will be reaching out by phone shortly.

Keith Maurer
Korum Hyundai of Puyallup

Renton, WA
2016 Hyundai Elantra
07/30/2020 Category: Service
Great effort
My service advisor from the dealership called me to resolve my concern the day after I left my original review.
He sincerely apologized for causing me an inconvenience and offered some discount for the next maintenance service.
I do appreciate his effort and offer very much. Thanks.

07/28/2020 Category: Service
Missing 45,000 miles maintenance
I had my car repair at the dealership and I requested to have 45,000 miles maintenance together. When I picked up my car its cost was so much cheaper than the estimate, so I questioned the guy about something missing. I did not even imagine they skipped the maintenance. Now I have to go back to the dealership to have it done, it will cost me extra gas and time.
Gregory B. from Korum Hyundai responded on 07/29/2020

We apologize that your visit was not what you expected. We only do work that is explicitly authorized during your visit. If the 45,000 mile service was requested and we missed it, then that is our mistake. One the we would like to correct. We strive to be the best everytime. We will make this right for you. One of us will be reaching out shortly to find out how.

Have a great day,
Korum Hyundai Service Dept.

TT
Toni T.
Cle Elum, WA
07/17/2020 Category: Service
They were very friendly and excellent to deal with.
I want to thank Keith for the excellent service we got today. they really stepped up to the plate and fixed the problem we had. that's what i call good customer service.I will continue buying and having my vehicles serviced at Korum Hyundai

07/10/2020 Category: Service
customer service awful
I cant say it enough you really need to work on customer service a simple call back would be nice. I don't call you just to see how your doing i call because i need help with my car.
KEITH M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 07/10/2020

We value any and all critisism of our services, as they are how we learn what we are doing well, where we are failing, and where we can improve for future visits.  There are some things, however, that we can not change, foremost being the need to inspect and diagnose a vehicle prior  to ordering parts to replace under warranty.  Unfortunately, the distance you live from the dealership makes that a burden that customers living closer to our location do not have to deal with.  We will reach out to you by phone in short order to hopefully address some of these concerns. Thank you.

Orting, WA
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/22/2019 Category: Service
Sonata repair
Intial visit started off rough but the service manager seemed truly interested in my concerns. Recieved follow up email addressing these and steps to prevent any future any issues for all customers

08/21/2019 Category: Service
Sonata repair
Need friendlier service upon checkin. Let customer know that shuttle service is not available during appointment setup. Better communication if repair is going to take longer time. Parts arrival and expected date of repair.
RICH G. from Korum Hyundai responded on 08/21/2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we are sorry that your experience was not at the level that we would like to provide to leave a lasting positive impression.
Our customer service representative will be doing customer call follow ups and would welcome your feedback to allow us to an opportunity to make things right.
We do appreciate your patronage.

Puyallup, WA
08/14/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
I appreciate the follow up provided to resolve my complaint, it’s nice to know the dealer cares about how their customers are treated!

08/07/2019 Category: Service
N/A
I will go back due to the convenience of the location but customer service needs improvement!
NATHAN M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

Hello. Our sales Manager has attempted to reach out to you on multiple occasions to try and resolve your issue. Please contact us at customercare@korum.com so that we can discuss your review and ways that we can resolve it. Thank you.

NATHAN M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Thank you for working with our Service Manager, and for giving us the chance to make it right!

Ruth H.
Roy, WA
05/31/2019 Category: Service

05/31/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service
Mr Griffin provided outstanding Customer Service.
RICH G. from Korum Hyundai responded on 05/31/2019

We are so sorry that we missed the mark on fulfilling the commitments we strive for. When things do not go as planned we want to do our best to correct the cause and assure you our customer that we care and want to be the trusted, go to service department and are committed to doing our best to take care of you and your vehicle.
We will make this up to you and gain your confidence in our service once again.

HD
Henry D.
Spanaway, WA
05/25/2019 Category: Service
Korum Hyundai responds immediatly
I do not believe I have ever dealt with a company that has responded to my concerns as fast as Korum Hyundai and was willing to do what ever was necessary to correct /fix my concerns. I went from extremely unhappy with them to happy and respect for the company with their response. I could not have asked any more from a company that responds as they did. There representative did not down play my concerns but instead wanted to do whatever he could to get things right. I will definitely continue to use this company as they have not lost their great customer service to which I had become accustom but simply, for whatever reason, let it slip upon my visit. All I can say is that if you want a company that stands behind their pledge to give great customer service than you want Korum Hyundai!

05/24/2019 Category: Service
Latest Visit
Not happy. Service was well below previous visits. Per my option the Korum Hyundai service department has greatly deteriorated.
BL
BRYAN L. from Korum Hyundai responded on 05/24/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you did not have a five-star experience at our dealership. We here at Korum definitely do our best to make sure you have a great experience and customer service is very important to us. We would appreciate you contacting us at customercare@korum.com with your name and best way to reach you.  Thank you.

CK
Cathy K.
Randle, WA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/07/2019 Category: Service
Going the extra mile
I appreciate Bryan at Korum Hyundai reaching out to me to ensure that my experience with the service department is top-notch. Bryan went out of his way to make sure that all my experiences at Korum are always the best of the best. I do appreciate it! I really enjoy my Santa Fe Sport! Best car ever! Thank you, Cathy Kane

05/01/2019 Category: Service
Continued frustration
I responded to a Korum email reminder that my Santa Fe Sport was due for its 97,500 mile maintenance by making an appointment. The dealership is about a two hour drive from my home. No Saturday appointments available so I had to take a morning off from work. I called ahead and checked the cost. I have new tires so I did not need the tire rotation. Was told the cost was approximately $45. After I arrive at the dealership, I was told that what I really needed was the 90,000 mile maintenance, which was $300 more than the cost for the 97,500 work, and that the work would take more time. I was not prepared for the added expense and extra time away from work. Two days later, I received an email noting that I was overdue for a 93,750 mile maintenance! I also received a detailed report by email after I returned home from my appointment stating that the cabin air filter needed to be replaced. I was not told this at the time of service. So, I will have to schedule still another two hour trip for maintenance and try to figure out what I need. 90,000 miles or 93,500 miles... I love my Santa Fe Sport - it's my dream car. Really like the sales person who sold me the car. But every time I have to deal with the service department, there is an issue,
RICH G. from Korum Hyundai responded on 05/06/2019

Cathy,
We are so sorry for the circumstances that made you trip and visit with us less that the level of service we strive for. Bryan will be contacting you personally to review your visit and work to restore our faith in us as your servicing dealer.

Puyallup, WA
2014 Hyundai Tucson
05/10/2019 Category: Service
My issues were addressed and the mechanical issue was dealt with.
The Service Manager Bryan Lynch. He cleared up the confusion I had after my last service visit, and addressed the dashboard light issue that returned after the software update. As to the general staff morale, he said he would address that and from his direct assurances to the specific concerns I am sure he will. I have been in customer service and there is a general "making a client happy" gloss versus a specific address to a specific issues.

Thank you. I hate giving negative customer service ratings - I prefer to go out of my way to give positive ones. Leaving the former one ended up instilling lost confidence in this service department.

04/24/2019 Category: Service
Make the staff happier?
The service seems to be ok. Ii was surprised to see there was no express lane for oil changes. In fact when booking appt
U have to specify at time of booking if u r leaving the car or waiting. I assume this must be about manpower which would explain the general lack of friendliness. I do miss Subaru"s service dept
NATHAN M. from Korum Hyundai responded on 04/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that you had a less than positive experience during your visit. We want to ensure that all of our customers receive excellent customer service, and we are sorry for falling short. It isn’t enjoyable to hear that we provided less than exceptional service, and we will be using this as a training experience to ensure that the issue is fixed. We hope to be able to earn your business again in the future. If there is anything we can do sales or service-wise, please let us know. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Washington, DC
2011 Hyundai Tucson
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Proactive Service Manager
I recently had a less than stellar customer service experience at this dealership. I shared my experience on a customer survey and was quickly contacted by the service manager that asked me to explain my experience. He listened and acknowledged that they have room for improvement. He expressed that they will be making some changes and asked me to return in the near future to experience the changes first hand. I will definitely return and am eager to see what they put in place.

03/29/2019 Category: Service
Just okay
The diagnosis and repair was accurate, but the service team personnel isn't knowledgeable when you try to probe more into the diagnosis and they don't offer a great customer service experience. They didn't remember that i requested a courtesy shuttle in advance on the first day I was there so I had to wait an hour. Then on day 2, they had me arrive an hour before the shuttle was even available, so i paid for an uber. I had to give them my address multiple times even though they had already added it to their system. The lounge had a TV, but no snacks. All they had was popcorn. Korum Nissan is way, way better and could have diagnosed and repaired my Hyundai...I should have gone there.
James M K. from Korum Hyundai responded on 03/30/2019

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with Bryan regarding your experience.  We are so appreciative of the opportunity to learn and improve our operations and are excited to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.  Thank you again for being a Korum customer.

Tacoma, WA
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Nice
Friendly guy

01/21/2019 Category: Service
Scheduling
Usually very happy with Hyundai but a schedule computer mishap had me waiting for an oil change for over an hour and a half.
Lori E., Executive Assistant from Korum Hyundai responded on 01/21/2019

Thank you for the feedback. We truly appreciate your comments and definitely want to look into your concerns. We strive to deliver quality service and apologize for not reaching that expectation. At your earliest convenience, please give our Service Department and call or send us an email at customercare@korum.com. We look forward to the opportunity to find a fair resolution with you and hope to regain your confidence in us.

Lori E., Executive Assistant from Korum Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to rescore your review and giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue, .  We hope to have the opportunity to continue serving you in the future.  Have a great week!

Tacoma, WA
2005 Hyundai Elantra
01/04/2019 Category: Service
They take good care of the Customers
Their customer service department is on top of every single concern that you have.
The are very professional and take care very well of your needs.

01/03/2019 Category: Service
Great place but time needs improvement.
Oil change should no take 3 hours unless something is wrong.
Communication should be also improved.
Lori E., Executive Assistant from Korum Hyundai responded on 01/04/2019

Thank you for reaching out. We strive to deliver quality service and apologize for not being able to reach that expectation during your visit. We would definitely like to investigate your situation further to see what happened while you were with us. At your earliest convenience, please give our Service Manager (Rich) a call at (253) 841-7606 or send us an email at customercare@korum.com. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Lori E., Executive Assistant from Korum Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

Thank youi for taking the time out of your schedule to rescore your review.  We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to correct any issues.  We hope to continue serving you in the future.  Have a wonderful week!

Dustin B.
Edgewood, WA
10/09/2018 Category: Service
Good service, they do whatever it takes to help the customer.
Good customer service. Took care of my issue, even outside of what they were obligated to do. I will return as well as recommend to friends.

10/09/2018 Category: Service
Service Lacking
Service Lacking.
RICH G. from Korum Hyundai responded on 10/09/2018

Dustin, We apologize for the circumstances that left you feeling this way, certainly not the level of caring and service we want to provide, we will be contacting you to get more details and see what w can do to restore your faith in us. We appreciate your business.