Timothy M.
Clifton, NJ
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/14/2020 Category: Service
Blah Service
Paid $100 for a regular oil change, and was told the price afterwards. Felt like a sucker but I learned to go elsewhere and not pay as much for a “special oil filter”. When are dealerships gonna stop leeching money off of current customers. Liberty Hyundai needs to take the initiative & set the NEW standard where the customer leaves with a smile instead of walking like the just got financially assaulted. This survey doesn’t matter anyway because it’s gonna be deleted upon receipt by Hyundai, who saves crappy reviews anyway??????
Tim Meyers aka (Dissatisfied Hyundai customer)

GT
Gaetano T.
Midland Park, NJ
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/09/2020 Category: Service
Oil changed turned In a ccrew in my tire
I brought my car in for an oil change service at Liberty Hyundai. As I was waiting, the service advisor informed me my cabin filter needed to be changed and recommended I purchase four new tires. I indicated I would change the cabin filter but declined the new tires because I would need to look at the cost of new tires. I paid for my service, walked out to my car, and saw a screw in the sidewall of my left rear tire. I was never told there was an issue with the tire prior to walking out to my car. If I had not noticed the issue, I could have had the tire blow out, cause damage to my car, or cause an accident. I reviewed the write up from the technician and he initially wrote the tire pressure for the left rear was 35 PSI, then crossed it out and wrote 30 PSI. Also, he indicated on the write up there was an irreparable leak after recommending the new tires.

I walked back into the service center to ask the advisor if he noticed the screw sticking out of the sidewall of my tire, why I was not told, and how did a screw get stuck in my tire at the service center. I was not offered any explanation, only that they could offer me their current tire deal. I asked about providing further discount on the service because of the suspect nature of the screw in my tire, the lack of notification, and questionable paperwork from the technician. The service advisor tried to work with me but could not offer me any further assistance on the price or explanation as to how I suddenly had an irreparable issue with one of my tires.

I have been coming to Liberty Hyundai since I started leasing the car in December of 2014. As a loyal customer they should have been able to provide me with better service. This is the second time I received my car back from them with an issue that could have caused a catastrophic failure to my car.
DN
David J N. from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 05/19/2020

thank you for your comments.  i have read them and spoke to my advisor about this.  please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can try to resolve this situation

David J Nash
dnash@libertyhyundai.com

HP
Hannah P.
Greenwood Lake, NY
04/28/2020 Category: Service
Unhappy
Not happy with the service and maintenance during these difficult times. I’m upset with myself for not waiting longer in the hope things would show signs of improvement at the Hyundai service center in Mahwah, N.J. My advice to people, if it isn’t broke, don’t try to fix it right now.
JI
JEFFREY I., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/30/2020

Hannah,

I am sorry you were not happy with the service and I do apologize. Please get in contact with me so we can further discuss the concern with your vehicle.

Jeffrey Imparato
jimparato@libertyhyundai.com

Suffern, NY
2019 Hyundai Tucson
03/18/2020 Category: Service
You have to work on the timing.
You have to work on the timing.
JEFFREY I., Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/18/2020

Dear Valued Customer,

I do apologize for the time it took to perform your service. Your business is very important to us and would like to cover your next service. Please contact me at anytime and I will assist you

Jeffrey Imparato
201.529.4900
jimparato@libertyhyundai.com

Mahwah, NJ
10/18/2019 Category: Service
Not as happy as I used to be
Didn't get a free car wash like I used to...
Talked out loud in front of the entire waiting room about my vehicle instead of privately like they used to....
My vehicle was blocked in when I went to leave which never happened before....
I wasn't happy with my last service visit because of the things I mentioned. The actual service to the vehicle was ok though...
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 10/18/2019
  • Valued guest ,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey . We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking to you .
    Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

Hillsdale, NJ
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/11/2019 Category: Service
everyone was polite....tech did the normal thing about trying to get me to do additional, out of pocket services which I declined.. but I have to now go back because the AC water line that was leaking still leaks
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 10/11/2019
  • Valued guest ,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey . We appreciate you honest feedback. We look forward to seeing you on Monday to resolve the issue. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai. Enjoy your weekend.

PR
Patricia R.
Ringwood, NJ
2011 Hyundai Tucson
09/24/2019 Category: Service
Recent service
I did appreciate the immediate response to my review from the service manager.

09/24/2019 Category: Service
Service took to long
I had to call numerous times I did not receive any calls from them
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 09/25/2019
  • Patricia,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. It was nice speaking to you and the input was extremely valuable. Thank you for the opportunity and for choosing Liberty Hyundai.
    We look forward to seeing you soon .

David D.
Bergenfield, NJ
09/08/2019 Category: Service
good service
second visit - the problem is being addressed and I got the loaner car while my sonata is being repaired

09/08/2019 Category: Service
need improvement
nice facilities, friendly staff,
but very expensive and did not get correct disgnostics
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 09/09/2019
  • Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate your feed back. We look forward to speedy resolution. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

Janet G.
Wallington, NJ
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Recalls
It was all taken care of professionally. And the staff was very helpful.

08/16/2019 Category: Service
Recalls
Too many recalls
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 08/19/2019

Janet ,
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It was nice speaking to you and giving me the opportunity to make it right is the icing on the cake. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

Monsey, NY
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Not the best experience
What's the point of making an appointment if I get my car back after hours for simple maintenance.
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 07/03/2019
  • Valued guest thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

GM
Gary M.
Park Ridge, NJ
04/22/2019 Category: Service
Even low expectations were not met
I brought in my 2014 Sonata for Oil change and tire rotation, as well as a recall. I asked them to see if there was anything else that was under warrantee but they told me, they don't do that since it would appear they were looking for work. I also told them that the 3 rear bumper cover brackets were broken and to give me a price on repair. I dropped the car off at 7:30 with an appointment and a request to have it done before 1:00. Since I had not heard from them, I called at 12:50 and was told that they were still working on it and would call shortly. I got the next call after 3:00 . They couldn't find anything else wrong so they told me the technician said I needed a Cabin filter, for $69.99. The problem with that the only way to know it needed to be replace was to take it out. Why would they be looking for work? Also, I just changed it 4 months ago ( $8.99 on Amazon and 3 minutes of work) what a rip-off. Also, I was told that the bumper cover needed to be replaced ( for around $800!). but I found the brackets on the Hyundai parts web site for $1.91 each! Are you kidding me! Final straw was that when I picked up the care at 4:30 that day ( so it was there for 9 hours), the FREE car wash that I was promised, never happened. When I pointed that out , I was told it would take another 15 minutes....... Horrible customer service
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 04/22/2019
  • Hello Gary ,

Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate your business and honest review. I look forward to speaking to you soon in hopes of speedy resolution. Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai .

Mahwah, NJ
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
I received a call from Danny (service manager) after posting my review during which he was extremely apologetic regarding my prior experience. He was also very generous in offering me the opportunity to come back in to address the issue with my vehicle at a discounted rate as well as provide me with a free loaner car for the day. The entire gesture was very much appreciated and, in my opinion, above and beyond what was required.

03/19/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Service
The communication was good and efficient, however, one of the issues I brought the car in for was not addressed although I was told what the fix was, how much it would be and agreed on the price. After being told my car was ready for pick-up I was called back again to be informed that there was another fix still needed to address my original concern. It was apparent that the test drive showed the tech that the issue still persisted and that, most likely, the fix that was done was unnecessary to the cost of $350. Now, the same issue still persists and I was informed that the next "fix" would be another $350.
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 03/20/2019
  • Valued Guest ,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey . We appreciate your business and honest review, I look forward to speedy resolution.Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai.

Suffern, NY
01/14/2019 Category: Service
Still a 2
After speaking w a representative from Hyundai about the last /First service appointment. I still ended up paying almost 50 for a oil change and tire rotation, when the first service was supposed to be free. Here is the disclaimer- as long as it’s done prior to 3500 miles.. so the oil change and tire rotation cost upwards of $90 (conventional oil ) since they credited me $35

01/14/2019 Category: Service
Coupons - not honored
Bought a new Hyundai, in November, went in for my first oil change and the coupon for a free oil change wasn't honored! bate and switch. Paid $50 for the conventional oil change. Ask for synthetic oil - request denied! Dont waste your time and money - Will not be back.
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 01/14/2019
  • Valued guest,

Thank you for taking my  call. I have attached a copy of your most recent bill. If you look you can see that the discount ($34.56) was in fact applied to your cost of the service. The service schedule is in 3,750 intervals. The first free service is recommended @ 3,750 miles.   The mileage that you had during this visit @ 7,910 is actually closer to second service suggested at . I apologize for the misunderstanding . I look forward to the opportunity to service you soon.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach me directly . Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai .

Hawthorne, NJ
2011 Hyundai Elantra
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Wanting to make it right!?
So far so good!!!

12/03/2018 Category: Service
Does it matter
When you have no choices
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 12/03/2018
  • Valued  guest ,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate your business and honest review. We are working hard to establish a line of communication to expedite resolution . Thank you for choosing Liberty Hyundai .

Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 12/05/2018

Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 12/08/2018

Bonnie S.
Bloomfield, NJ
1998 Hyundai Accent
10/27/2018 Category: Service
Used to be a reliable place
Liberty Hyundai used to be family owned. It may not be anymore. I have noticed a change in the quality of service and the personnel. They act as if they don't want your business. They make customers wait a very long time for simple services. My car still needs some work so I will have to keep an eye on things.
Manager, Service Manager from Liberty Hyundai of Mahwah responded on 10/27/2018
  • Hello Bonnie,
    Thank you for taking the time out to complete the survey. We appreciate your business and loyalty.  It is a shame that we have left the impression that we don't have your interest in mind. I look forward to speedy resolution.  I will be in contact. Thank you for always choosing Liberty Hyundai.