Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC

DEB G.
Moorhead, MN
03/17/2017
Great place
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/17/2017

It’s always a pleasure being able to assist you with any of your automotive needs, Deb. It’s great knowing you trust us with the maintenance of your vehicles. Thanks for the great review, Deb!

V
Valued Customer
Honda Accord
03/16/2017
Awesome
Love working with these guys!

It’s because of customer like you who trust us with your vehicles that allow us to be successful. Thanks for the great review!

LW
LARRY W.
Isuzu Amigo
03/09/2017
SRSLY ?
I was disappointed with the level of honesty I experienced in my last visit to your establishment. And by last, I do mean last. To start with, the estimate of $25-$28.00 for a simple oil change with filter somehow grew to almost $40.00 by the time I was at the desk with my debit card in hand. Going in, your staff didn't know there would also be hazmat & shop supplies included in the execution of this service? That's just plain ol' fashioned dishonesty, the kind that will not generate repeat visits to your business. Also, included in the printout I received with my bill, along with all the other service items that need attention (which I don't disagree with) was the fact that my "power drive" indicator light was on & service was recommended. Yes, that's true that it was (and still is) on, however, that is a feature of the 4L30E transmission in this vehicle which raises the shift points allowing more rapid acceleration. I wonder, if I was someone who is as ignorant as the average consumer who has never held, much less turned a wrench, how much I would have been charged to have one of your "techs" push the button on my center console to alleviate that problem? In closing, the 20-30 hrs of shop time estimated to weld a couple pieces of scrap flat steel to beef up the frame where the L/R (that means left-rear) lower link attaches to the frame, is quite frankly, ludicrous. If you don't want to/aren't equipped to handle the task, just say so.
Matt L., Owner & Founder from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/09/2017

Larry,
I am a bit puzzled about the statement regarding the price of our oil service, since we have a set price and do not estimate it.  It has been the same price for nearly a year, $31.99 plus tax, shop supplies and disposal.  Your total was just over $37, and we also topped off your washer fluid free of charge.  I spoke with the person who you worked with and he said he told you the price of $31.99, so i am not sure where you are getting this price from.  Its been well over a year since our oil service price was in the $28 range, is it possible you called in a long time ago and that you are remembering that?  You received a copy of our inspection that simply stated what was noticed on your vehicle, and thats it.  It was noted that the power drive light was on when the vehicle came in, we didnt tell you anything further than that.  We note lights that are on so you as the customer are aware, but also to protect us in the event you come back and state the light wasnt on when you came in.  The other items that were recommended were for your information.  It is our duty to inform each customer of the state of health of their vehicle, whether or not you choose to repair it or not.  We pride ourselves being 100% transparent with our customers and educating them on whats really going on with their vehicles.  We believe and stand behind the recommendations on your vehicle 100% and we are sorry that you do not agree with them.  Regarding your comments about adding steel to "beef" up your frame, your frame and body are severely rusted through, and in order to properly attach metal, we have to have good metal to work with, which means taking the necessary time to get to that metal, cutting new metal, welding the new pieces in, and coating them so they do not rust.  This would have been a substantial project, and one we are more than capable of doing, but it would have taken a large amount of time.  I am sorry you think the time we estimated is not correct, but in order to do a job right, and stand behind it, we have to do it in a way we feel comfortable as well.  We also consulted a body shop regarding the condition of your frame and the work that you requested and they agreed that the time we estimated was not only adequate, but very fair.  While we always strive to make each customers vistit an exceptional one, sometimes no matter what we do we cannot make that customer happy, and that is part of life.  We never like to lose customers, and we are sorry to see you leave, but it may be for the best as we might not be able to serve you and your vehicle the way you would like them to be.  We are more than willing to discuss your visit further if you would like, and we wish you nothing but the best for the future!  God Bless!

SF
SHELBY F.
Pontiac G6
03/08/2017
Not Bad!
Excellent customer service! Didn't have a terrible experience but were a few issues that I had. First were the 2 "complaints" I came in with Matt's was "unable to duplicate" One thing they couldn't duplicate was the loud sound that happens when I turn, like a stretching sound. I thought this was odd as I can definitely hear it and the passengers in my car can hear it. So how they couldn't I'm not sure. The other was the 'thumping' noise I hear when I stop and start again, mostly at stop signs and stop lights. I specifically said "not at all when I am coasting or when I'm on the interstate". So they tested this on the interstate and said they couldn't get it to make this sound. I took my car home and not so much as a block away it made that thumping noise as I was at a stop light. This made me wish I could have just driven with someone in my car so I could have just shown them myself. And sure enough I was charged the $35 for this sound though they completely did the opposite as I said and went on the highway trying to duplicate. That is my BIGGEST complaint. I decided to get a 2nd opinion elsewhere for the simple fact there is a lot going on with my car and it will be expensive, not necessarily due to lack of confidence in Matt's. Next place was able to duplicate all complaints and address them. They also disagreed with the finding that there was "play in the arms" and disagreed with getting a power steering flush when you knew I had a rack and pinion leak, which ended up saving me quite a bit of money. Their labor costs were also lower so ultimately I decided to have them fix my car. Good things were again, the customer service. I felt the person I talked to was nice, though may not have fully listened to my complaints, did treat me with respect. Also the financing option is wonderful and I wish more places did that! Almost had me go back due to that, and also their loaner cars. Both great perks! Would I take my car there again? I might, though I would feel the need to price check as many places are cheaper. I do appreciate the service and the time they took into looking at my car. Thanks guys!

DENISE S.
03/06/2017
Fast, good work, and no pressure!
I was very pleased with my experience at Matt's Automotive. It was such a nice, clean facility. They were right on time, offered rides, had good coffee supply, and did fast and good work on my car. They give you recommendations on what can be looked at on your car in the near future with absolutely no pressure to make a decision or spend the money now. I will be going there again!
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/06/2017

Denise,
Thank you for your great review! At Matt’s Automotive, we always want you to have a 5-star plus experience and always making sure you’re in control of your vehicle. We look forward to seeing you again!

MATTHEW L.
Mapleton, ND
02/24/2017
Another great experience!
The staff at Matt's are great!

MATTHEW L.
Mapleton, ND
GMC Sierra
02/24/2017
Excellent, as always!
Keep up the great work everyone!

MIKE B.
Cadillac Escalade ESV
02/12/2017
Cadillac Runs like a Charm
Quick Reliable service as always.
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 02/13/2017

Mike,
Thank you for your review and for allowing us to build a strong relationship with you over the years. We strive to make each experience a 5-star plus experience for our customers.

Mike,

RACHAEL M.
Buick Park Avenue
02/11/2017
Wonderful people! (Vern is the bomb.com)
My car recently broke down in the middle of the night and had to be towed to Matts. When I arrived the next morning it was already in the shop and Vern greeted me and asked about what was going on with the car. He worked with me all day while my car was being fixed and took the time to explain in detail what was wrong until I understood. This was honestly the best experience I've ever had at an auto shop, and really everyone I've encountered here has been wonderful. Whoever worked on my car not only took the time to fix it, but to drive it around and make sure the problem seemed fixed, they were thorough and my car has been running smoothly since! 10/10 would recommend.
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 02/15/2017

Rachael,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing review. We know how important your vehicle is and how one relies on it. That is why we take our job very seriously and want to ensure that when it leaves Matt’s that it’s running smoothly!

P.S. We agree that Vern is the bomb.com

WL
WES L.
02/10/2017
Knowledgeable and respectful
Awesome customer service
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 02/10/2017

Thanks for the great review, Wes! We strive to make each new customer feel they’ve made the right choice when they come to Matt’s Automotive. We look forward to working with you in the future!

KA
KALI A.
Chevrolet Cruze
02/07/2017
First time experience
Although I just had an oil change and a brief experience with Matt's, I was very pleased with the service and friendly staff!
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 02/08/2017

Kali,
Thank you for your great review! Whether a service is $30 or $300, we take our customer’s experiences very seriously and strive to ensure that they are well taken care of. We can’t wait to be able to work with you in the future.

AL
ASHLEY L.
02/03/2017
Great place to go!
Affordable and friendly. Awesome place to go.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, Ashley!  We hold the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our customers above all else.  We are so happy you had such a great experience and thank you for trusting your vehicle with us!

KH
KAATRIN H.
Chrysler Cirrus
01/21/2017
Kind staff
Very friendly and understanding staff!

MIKE B.

CAROLYN B.
Chevrolet Traverse
01/15/2017
Wonderful customer service
I had my car in for a lot of repairs they explained to me everything they did real well before performing anything! They gave me cost before doing it as well! Very friendly staff!
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 01/16/2017

Because we value our customers so much, we always want them to be informed and know they’re in control when it comes to their vehicles and repairs. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, Carolyn!

EN
ERIN N.
Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
01/10/2017
Courteous and reliable service.
I have had a lot of service done at Matt's, and they are always incredibly professional and incredibly thorough. they are very good about telling me what needs to be done and what can wait,and they are always careful to notice problems that I may not have been aware of. I would highly recommend their services.

It’s important to us that our customers know they’re being well taken care of and informed. Thank you for your great review and your recommendation!

SD
STACY D.
West Fargo, ND
GMC Yukon
01/08/2017
Fast Service
Great service great price
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 01/17/2017

Stacy,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We always want to stay competitive with our prices while still providing our exceptional customer service. We’re glad to hear your visit was just that. Thanks again Stacy!

RN
RICK N.
01/08/2017
Continue with the good service
Just another oil change. No new issues with the vehicle.

DEB G.
Moorhead, MN
Ford Expedition
01/07/2017
Service, atmosphere
Always do a good thorough job

Deb, thank you for the positive review! We are always striving to give our customers the best experience each and every time they come in. We look forward to being able to help you again in the future.

BETHANY S.
West Fargo, ND
Kia Optima
12/23/2016
Awesome Service
I brought my car in with zero notice because I slid into a curb. I feared the worst that something was bent badly and it would cost a fortune. Thankfully it was a simple alignment. Matt's Auto is always so helpful and has very friendly service. I never fear I'm going to get overcharged. The owner and employees are very trustworthy. They were able to fix my problem in a very reasonable time frame. Very happy with my experience.
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator from Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 12/28/2016

Bethany,
We know that when it comes to vehicles, unexpected things can happen. Because they can, we want to be able to get those unexpected circumstances taken care of for our customers in an effective and timely manner. We appreciate your trust in our team and thank you for leaving a great review! Happy New Year!