Latest Review about 1 year ago

Eagle, ID
Toyota Tundra
07/18/2017
Air conditioning
I have had my truck in 3 times to repair the air conditioning and it still isn't working correctly and now I'm in the middle of the hot summer and I have to waste time to bring it in again.

Mike B.
Buick Riviera
05/14/2015
Too greedy (in my book)
Needed some pretty simple repairs on a basic GM vehicle....idler pulley, new belt, and radiator hoses. They tried to sell me a tensioner pulley as well, which was definitely not needed. Quoted me about $1100. Got the car fixed a couple blocks down the street for $442 instead and the work was excellent. Many places charge a "diagnostic" fee, but then apply it to the repair work if you choose to have them perform the service. Not Maz-tech.....it's $89 PLUS whatever they say needs to be done (apparently even if it DOESN'T need to be done). Friendly and professional, but not recommended.

Lisa M.
Nampa, ID
Hyundai XG350
03/21/2015
women customers
you told me that I needed the ball joints replaced. Took to mechanic today and they said it was fine. You said I needed to flush power steering pump. I had this done four weeks ago. Thank you for alignment. I did buy new tires today and shaking is gone. You also said I needed new brakes. They are not as dire as you claimed.

My husband says you tried to take advantage because I was a woman. I'm disappointed.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/26/2015

Lisa,

I tried to get in touch with you and left you a message earlier in the week.

I saw the review that you left us. I have also talked to the guys about you.

It was recommended to replace the ball joint with an adjustable one so that the camber on the alignment could be done.  It is adjusted as far as it could go without the adjustable ball joint.  You will wear out the inside edge of your new set of tires just like the ones you took off without having an adjustable ball joint installed.  There is no warranty on the alignment because of this issue.

The brake pads are measured with a tool as is our shop standard for measuring brake pads. We do not guess the thickness.  It was shown that the thinnest points they are at 4mm and 2mm left on the pad.  This is under the minimum spec of 3mm from the manufacture and unsafe.

As far as the power steering fluid goes we have seen in the past when the fluid is excessively dark and burnt it will take 2-3 times of flushing to get it clean throughout the whole system again.  The guys got rid of your sample so without a current sample I will not know where yours is at.

As far as taking advantage of you because you are a women. That could not be further from the truth.  I am a woman and I am the President of this company.  My guys do not do that!  I am proud that they do their best to explain and show women so they understand how their car works and what needs to be done.

Barbi & Mike Marston

Mohyliv, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
Mazda 6
06/16/2014
Almost good
It seamed that I have found a place for servicing my Mazda, squished me in for oil service, great, but then things started unwrapping. No oil required for car on hand, it's Ok, I understand, shortly after, no filter on hand, again, understand, new car. I did not mind 3 hour wait eather. But, a simple check after completion would of earn 5 stars, but , dipstick left out on top of radiator was carelessness!, day drive caused almost half of oil to be blowed out through dipstick tube, soaking up insulatin blanked, dripping onto hot engine, smoke in cab and us breathing burned oil. When I checked for smoke, oil did not register on stick. As for info on amount added? With out checking dip stick, how did you guess amount needed and added. Disappointed? Yes, rating broth me in, and result of my request will guide me in changing rating. All I'd like is to have insulation blanket replaced, might even give another chance to Max-Tech, depending on outcome.

Michael H.
Kuna, ID
Mazda MX-5 Miata
05/19/2014
Timing Belt and Water Pump Replacment on Miata
Hey guys, you have done good reasonable work in the past but I really felt trying to charge $995 for a timing belt/water pump service was way too much. I know you have to make money too but for premium parts online they are less than 1/2 what you wanted to charge me which means the labor cost is very high for a service that you do many of. A couple of other things, you guys replaced the timing belt and water pump on this car only 20K miles ago so I am very surprised that it only lasted this long. Something is not right with that. Water pumps should not go out at 20K miles. As far as further rambling it is hard for me to believe that at 60K mile intervals it is an expectation that a Miata owner comes up with $995 for this kind of periodic service.

AY
Alex Y.
Mazda RX-7
05/25/2013 Category: Service
Alex said the business left him an invoice saying his vehicle would run and idle every time it was driven. The vehicle does not do so, it still runs badly, and everything the business told him does not add up. He said he felt overcharged, and now has to take the vehicle to another business to be fixed correctly. He would not recommend the business for reasons already stated.

AE
Arthur E.
Mazda RX-8
05/22/2013 Category: Service
Arthur said he took the vehicle to the business to have the coolant tank replaced. He said during the repair the connection to the radiator was broken. He was told that he would have to pay for a new radiator. After negotiating with the business, he was partially compensated for the new radiator. He would not recommend the business to others based on this experience.

Ashlee M.
03/23/2012 Category: Service
Ashlee said she needed some dry in her engine to figure out where the leak was coming from and they charged her over $60. She went to another business and they charged her $12, she wasn't very impressed. She mentioned she came in another time and paid $60 for a diagnostic test and she felt like they just comfirmed what she told them about what was wrong with the vehicle and didn't put her vehicle in the air.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/29/2012
After speaking to customer and reviewing history it was found that we charged her $60 for time to go thru the trouble tree and diagnois the 2 codes in the system. She declined the updated part needed to take care of codes set. We did not charge her for checking the oil leaks. In fact we took her into the shop and showed her the leaks while her van was on the hoist. It appeared to be leaking from the timing cover. We do not recommend putting dye into any system without first cleaning off old oil then rechecking it with UV light. We feel this would be the proper steps need to diagnois the leaks before doing any kind of costly repairs.

TI
Ted I.
11/21/2011 Category: Service
Ted said his overall experience with this business was not satisfactory. He said the engine light came on after this business fixed the leak. When he took his vehicle in again the staff said they could not find anything wrong. His engine light is still on.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 11/23/2011
We replaced a faulty seal that was leaking oil after 5 months of doing the repair. When picking up the vehicle the check engine light came on and we took it right into the shop and checked the code then made sure nothing was unplugged, then erased code. We then let the customer know what the code was and what we had done. We have not heard from the customer since. If there is still a problem with the vehicle related to the work we have done we would be glad to fix the vehicle at no charge to the customer. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.