Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

Honda Civic Si
07/02/2018
I thought they were helpful
I went there june 2018 to see why my vehicle was running hot and they told me that i had a blown head gasket and told me it will be about 2,000$. I decline the service and took it someone else and they told me that it was thermostat and they will charge 40$ now it works perfectly. I feel like they used me because i was a female. I used to think they was helpful but the more i went the more they try had stuff that i didn’t need fixed.Midway you just lost a customer!
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 07/10/2018

We perfomed a block test and it did fail. This car does have a blown head gasket. The themostat may have fixed an overheat issue, but without question the head gasket problem will resurface likely sooner than later. Here at Midway Tire we take pride in treating all customers the same regardless of gender or anything else.

BK
Bob K.
North Carolina
10/09/2017 Category: Service
Bob said the service is all right but they are a little expensive. He needed a $12 tube replaced on his tire and they charged him $10 for the labor.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 10/30/2017

Our labor charge for a tire tube is $10 which equates to 11 minutes of labor for the installation. This has been the same price for the last 10 years. We're sorry Mr Kennedy feels we over charged him.

DANIEL W.
10/05/2017
Scam artists
They told me $430 to replace a starter, I got the started from the local auto parts store for $70 cheaper than what they told me. Then they told me it was gonna be a couple hours till my truck was done, until I told them I had bought the starter and wanted them to put that one on, THEN all of the sudden my truck was already finished. THEN they told me the quarter mile tow I got was going to be $50 but on my bill it was $60.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 10/09/2017

I spoke with Daniel to resolve the issue he had with us.The price difference in the starter includes our 1 year nation wide warranty.We are a certified auto repair dealer so it covers him parts and labor.The time issue was just a misunderstanding.When he brought his starter to us we already had his old one off.So it was only about 20 minutes to finish the repair.We charge a standard $65.00 fee to tow in town and that is what he was billed for.

OC
Oscar Jack C.
North Carolina
11/07/2016 Category: Service
Oscar said he spoke with Craig, an employee at the business, sometime during the week. He was extremely happy and satisfied.

11/07/2016 Category: Service
Oscar said this business did what he wanted them to do.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 11/10/2016

Spoke with Oscar and found out he thought 1 was the highest score on a 1-5 scale.

CYNTHIA C.
Asheboro, NC
Jaguar XJ6
04/16/2016
Disappointing service visit
First of all, everyone makes mistakes. It is how they are handled that is the issue. When the minor problem I took my car in to have corrected was left in an inoperable condition by the service technician and when after leaving the repair shop I discovered his mistake, I immediately returned to have to deal with a long wait time and problems with the acceptance of responsibility. Although Craig, who finally got the part to partially work so the car could be driven but not as well as it had before their technician worked on it, was polite and seemed to want to try to resolve the issue. But what made the trip disappointing enough for me to feel I wanted to respond to this request for feedback was that no one wanted to admit the technician's work had been the cause.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 04/19/2016

I tried to call Cynthia about her issue but have not heard back.She orginally came in because her sunroof was leaking.My Tech looked at it and suggested cleaning the rails which had a lot of debris in them.He operated the glass back to clean the rails and then closed the glass.He did not see that the shade did not close back.Cynthia had told me that there was a part of the shade missing after another shop had done repairs on the roof.When she left she tried to open the glass and it would not open.She came back and my tech within a couple minutes looked at it and said the fabric on the shade was hung up on the glass not allowing it to close.I went out and got the shade to close but explained and showed her that the shade would not operate properly because  of the damage caused by the other shop.I did not blame my tech for causing the problem because the damage was already done but did explain to him and her that he should have cycled the glass more then one time and he would have caught the problem.I am sorry she had this problem and I know there was very little wait time when she came back and we tried to resolve the problem as quick as possible.

JAMES 3 M.
03/10/2016
Happy with resolution. Good companies make things right when problems occur.

03/10/2016
Oil Change Cost
Went in to have tires rotated. Decided to get oil changed. Told Dean I wanted to use regular Mobil. When I went to pay the bill was $68.00 for an oil change. The extra cost of the oil was never discussed in advance. If the cost had been brought to my attention beforehand, any misunderstanding could have been cleared up.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 03/10/2016

I spoke with James and figured out what happened.We called the parts store and asked for Mobile One conventinal oil.They sent a different brand the first time and the second time they sent synthetic and we did not catch it.We take full responsability for the mistake and will make it right for James.

LH
LANE H.
Pontiac Grand Prix
04/14/2014
misinformation about tires
I had at least two or three conversations with Lewis regarding the purchase of new tires for my Olds. They were good tires which were purchased elsewhere, but I did not like them. My son's car was ready for new tires, but I did not want to put expensive ones on it. Lewis told me I could buy new tires for my olds and put my old ones on my sons car as they were the same size. I did purchase new tires for the olds and took my sons car there for my old ones to be put on. They started putting them on his car and I was told they were not the same size. I would have NOT bought tires for my olds if I had known that!!! Lewis told me the news and said he had a used set he could put on the Pontiac. I asked him if they were better than the ones on it and as good as the ones he took off my olds. He said yes. Maybe so, I have no idea. All I could do was trust him. I could have kept my tires on my olds and just bought used ones for his had I known this. Not a good experience!!! This was not good. I am marking no here because of this instance, but Midway and Lewis have been wonderful in helping me in the past.

Michael M.
Cadillac Seville
12/03/2012 Category: Service
Michael said the price was right, but his vehicle is still shaking with vibrations. He won't recommend yet, due to this experience.