Mike's Auto Clinic

Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5rating 4.33

Brad B. on 06/09/2017
"Classic muscle car"
To whom it may concern,
This is my review of Mike’s Auto Clinic in Nampa, Idaho. I brought my 66 Chevelle SS in for diagnostics on May 24, 2017 after it would not start for me. My original thought was it had something to do with the fuel injection system. When I arrived I checked in with Jesse and explained my situation with my vehicle. Jesse was polite and seemed knowledgeable about my situation with the Chevelle. He advised me they would look at the Chevelle tomorrow May 25, 2017. I left feeling satisfied and comfortable leaving my Chevelle with Mike’s Auto Clinic.
After five days of not hearing anything back from the shop I decided to stop in to check on the status of my Chevelle. Jesse was again my point of contact on May 30, 2017 and he showed me some of the repairs that needed to be fixed on my vehicle. Jesse explained to me they should complete the repairs required by next week. After a weeks’ time and not hearing back from Jesse or Mike’s Auto Clinic. I called Monday June 5, 2017 and spoke with Jesse again. I asked Jesse about the status of my Chevelle and estimated cost he stated that everything was going great and on schedule for completion at the end of the week (June 9, 2017) that he needed figure out cost.
On June 8, 2017 I again had to initiate calling the shop due to not hearing from them again. This time I spoke with the owner Mike and he advised me nothing had been started on my Chevelle. Mike stated he was unaware my Chevelle had a time line that it needed to be completed by. After thinking about my experience with Mike’s Auto Clinic I decided to come get my vehicle without them starting or completing any work on my Chevelle.
To sum up my experience with Mike’s Auto Clinic I would advise others to avoid this shop and do some homework prior to using them. My vehicle was at the shop from May 24, 2017- June 9, 2017 and the whole time I had to initiate the contact and was left in the dark if I did not contact them. In my opinion, I felt the integrity, credibility and lack of communication with the owner and employees towards me was extremely unprofessional. As a consumer I felt worried about the lack of communication as the days went on without hearing anything back from the shop. It leaves me to wonder does the lack of communication towards customers also reside within the shop from owner to employees.

Sincerely,
Concerned Former Customer and Local Car Enthusiast
Service Date: 06/09/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 10:22 PM
Heather F. on 04/19/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"An ASSET to our community!!"
I can't say enough GREAT things about this business!! When I brought my vehicle in without an appointment Jesse was more than willing to fit me in. I love their rustic/modern designed waiting room with wifi, coffee, TV etc. What I was hoping was simply a worn brake pad ended up being BOTH sets of calipers/rotors and pads needing replaced. They took me out to the shop and showed me all the totally rusted out, deteriorated parts and explained the extent of the damage. They were patient while I called around and confirmed that their rates were very competitive especially considering their superior parts and extensive warranties. The owner Mike was very kind and understanding and tried to work with me but because of my credit I couldn't even do a payment plan. When he realized my plight I was SHOCKED when they came in and said they had discussed my situation and didn't want me driving my children in a completely unsafe vehicle and to protect us and other drivers they had decided to DO THE REPAIRS FOR FREE!!! God is SO good! They had the parts ordered and my car ready the very next day and when I picked it up I realized they had ALSO changed the oil (with high grade synthetic) AND replaced the bearings that I had already been told were shot!!! Use this business!!! They are completely transparent, helpful and courteous and sacrifice their own welfare for the good of others and this community!!!
Service Date: 04/14/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017 09:47 PM
Keri T. on 02/15/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Way overestimated word needed"
Sorry to be the other side of the coin here but I was highly unimpressed with the service at this mikes auto clinic. The number of things wrong with my car when I took it in severely suprised me. I took the car to another auto shop to get a second opinion. They said that a ball pin was getting worn but that it was normal wear and tear and that it needed to be fixed but it wasn't dangerous at that point. Another auto shop that I took it to also said that the ball pin needed to be changed but it wasn't going to fall off at any moment. Mike's Auto Clinic told me that it wasn't safe to even drive it home. I drove it for another month unfortunately, trying to make a decision on if I should change it or not due to the contrary results from this clinic vs. Other clinics (and no, my tire never fell off as this company stated it would). I have gotten work done on my car but I did not do it at Mike's Auto Clinic. I feel that they were trying to rush service so that I would feel obligated to get the work done that day. I feel they were trying to ensure that I gave them my buisness and they did it by telling me a partial truth instead of a whole truth. As far as all the other things that they said we're wrong with my car other clinics came back negative on all accounts. My sister is also a mechanic and she said that the car is perfectly safe and there's nothing wrong with it other than the gas gauge giving false readings.
Review Created: 02/15/2017 09:52 AM
Will S. on 12/29/2016
"Fast and Accurate "
They did good with the repair and did it in a timely manner. Pricing is a bit high at $107.50 per hour and $100 diagnostic but they did get me in and back on the road as quick as possible. I needed a crankshaft position sensor for my 05 Optima and they ordered the part and got it repaired just a smidgen over the estimated time but I was told is was to make sure it was done right the first time and here it is a couple weeks later and no problems so it was. Give these guys a shot if you want it done right and in a timely manner. Maybe try somewhere else if you are on a tight budget and want more of a budget mechanic.
Service Date: 12/12/2016
Review Created: 12/29/2016 11:12 AM
Tiffany R. on 12/08/2016
"Awesome Service! "
Took my vehicle in, and picked it up the next morning. Two gentlemen in front office were very helpful, kind, and explained everything to me very well. They fixed a couple things, and cost was very reasonable. Thank you for your honesty and helpfulness!!
Service Date: 12/07/2016
Review Created: 12/08/2016 12:13 PM
Melissa K. on 11/10/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Horrible people, horrible prices, horrible service"
This place upcharged us almost 100% on parts, then didnt even install all of the new parts. I had them replace my clutch this summer, cost me over $1600. Later found out that it should have cost me half that. Now my clutch is out again because these idiots didn't replace the slave cylinder like they should have. Any idiot who knows anything about replacing a clutch, knows that the slave cylinder is included in replacing a clutch. So now, I am out the $1600 I paid these morons. I am without my car until I can afford the $800 its going to cost me to replace the clutch again. And the men who work here are complete jerks. They have tried to convince me since day one that my transmission is the problem. No, my transmission is fine. As I have been told by two other mechanics.
Service Date: 06/13/2016
Review Created: 11/10/2016 01:02 PM
Luella V. on 02/27/2016
Luella said she had asked for them to look at one problem and they gave her a list. She said they told her the issues goes hand in hand and she feels like they are not being honest with her.
Vehicle: Plymouth Breeze
Service Date: 02/23/2016
Review Created: 02/27/2016
LINDA S. on 02/26/2016
"1998 Dodge Neon"
She just keeps on running and running cause Mike's take good care of her.
Vehicle: Dodge Neon
Service Date: 02/19/2016
Review Created: 02/26/2016 04:09 PM
ANDREW V. on 02/22/2016
"Fuel Pump and Grounding Problem"
Mike's Auto Clinic did a great job. They did they job exactly as quoted and were a pleasure to work with. Prices were fair and work completed in a timely fashion. Will use them again.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 01/25/2016
Review Created: 02/22/2016 08:54 AM
John B. on 02/20/2016
John said the business was very honest and accommodating.
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 02/12/2016
Review Created: 02/20/2016
Monica B. on 02/19/2016
"Honest, Great Service!"
I can't say enough about the honest work and great customer care Mike's Auto Clinic has given us over the last year. My son drives back and forth from Wisconsin and Mike and his crew have always ensured a safe vehicle, going out of their way to help with tires (not usually their service). My son was in a real time crunch to get back to school and Mike's really went out of their way to help! I won't take the car anywhere else! Thank you Mike and Jeff!
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 02/19/2016 01:18 PM
Carolyn S. on 02/17/2016
Carolyn said this business got the vehicle in and they did a good job.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 02/12/2016
Review Created: 02/17/2016
Zachary W. on 02/15/2016
Zachary said the service was good.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/11/2016
Review Created: 02/15/2016
Rodney P. on 02/12/2016
Rodney said he would recommend this business.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 01/26/2016
Review Created: 02/12/2016
Dustin H. on 02/12/2016
Spoke with Stacy. She said the business had good service and the staff was timely.
Vehicle: Volvo C70
Service Date: 02/08/2016
Review Created: 02/12/2016
Dan R. on 02/09/2016
Spoke with Sherry. She said they did a lot and they were up front with everything going on.
Vehicle: Chrysler LHS
Service Date: 02/05/2016
Review Created: 02/09/2016
Wylie M. on 02/06/2016
Wylie said he was happy with the service and how he was treated by the business. He likes that they seem to be very honest and straightforward.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 01/28/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016
Colleen G. on 02/06/2016
Colleen said the business did a good job.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 01/26/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016
Colleen G. on 02/04/2016
Colleen said the business was honest with her and the people were very friendly.
Vehicle: Chrysler Pacifica
Service Date: 01/29/2016
Review Created: 02/04/2016
NICK AND BETH D. on 01/25/2016
"Great Place"
I went to Mike's because I had a coupon and it was close. We have been taking our cars there for a couple of years now. They always get our cars in super fast. We always get coupons and they give recommendations but are not super pushy about getting things done. They are always smiling and friendly when we come in. Great service.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan