KR
KIMBLE R.
Hamlin, NY
07/10/2019
Been a customer about 14 years, and Scott has yet to do me wrong. Nichol's will continue to be where I take my vehicles for repairs till I move away. ALWAYS doing whatever he can for me.
Oops. I put my review above in the title space.
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 07/11/2019

Kimble, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

KR
KIMBLE R.
Hamlin, NY
04/11/2019
no other service station even comes close...
When I have work done there, it's as if I'm asking a (qualified) family member to work on my car. I know I can trust the work, and I will never be taken advantage of. Not to mention, when I ask questions about the work, I'm spoken to in a dignified, respectful manner - regardless of the question - and Scott takes the time to explain even simple things to me in terms that I can fully understand, like my Dad would. In my lifetime, I have surely used hundreds of service stations, no other even comes close.
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 04/12/2019

Thank you for your kind words Kimble!  We couldn't do it without wonderful customers like you! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

ME
MARIBETH E.
Oldsmobile Alero
06/27/2016
Rude receptionist, simple job gone wrong
I brought my car here because I heard from my boyfriend that this shop had a good reputation. My boyfriend does most of my car work, but can't do a state inspection so that's all I needed done.
I made an appointment to drop it off the night before the appointment, planning to pick it up the next evening, as I work 8-5 during the week. The receptionist seemed pretty impatient and pedantic, but I brushed it off because it's difficult to get a true first impression of someone over the phone.

They called me late afternoon to inform me the inspection was over and my car had passed, but they also did a little work it. Surprised they hadn't called me first to authorize the work, I just gave her my payment information and went to move on with my day. She seemed inconvenienced that I would not be able to leave work early to pay in person and pick up my keys, but we settled the matter over the phone. I was called back a few minutes later and I stepped out of my office setting to take the call. The reason for the call back was to ask for my email and address. When I began to give her my address, she loudly interrupts me to ask if I was giving her my college address. I'm an adult who just happens to live in a college town and work full-time downtown Rochester, so I was put off by her pejorative mannerisms.

Later, when I pick up my car, my boyfriend was driving behind me and told me my brake light was out. My invoice said this had been replaced, so I called back the next day. I asked why work was done that was not authorized (NYS DMV law is very explicit that work cannot be done on a car when it was not authorized by the car owner. The lady, again, seemed very peeved replying, "We can't call for every little thing. If it's under $100 we just do it." Again, this is objectively illegal. I was told that it "would not have passed inspection without fixing the light." However, my car passed with a STILL broken taillight. So either they did not fix it, or did not bother to check if their diagnosis of the light's problem was correctly identified. The lady argued with me and refused to speak with my boyfriend, scoffing and handing the phone to the mechanic.

Very unprofessional. Not an ethical operation. Will not go back.
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 06/30/2016

Maribeth,
It was so nice to talk to you Monday! I am glad I could clarify what was going on. It was surprising to me your response to Audrey as it seemed out of character as she is a sweet lady but does have a hearing issue which could explain her getting loud on the phone at times. We appreciate you bring it to our attention, and have since talk to Audrey about hearing aids so she can do her job more efficiently and with out future misunderstandings. As for the work that was done, we do normally call for approval.Most most of our regular customers tell us to do what ever it needs.We have a policy of still calling when needed, even if we know the customer will authorize it. But as I explained,even if we would have gotten a hold of you, the bulbs that were replaced were 2@ $2.89.We were trying to save you money and time as it would have cost you more if we would have failed it for the bulbs and you would have had to have in reinspected.New York Law requires that you would have had to pay the $21.00 for the failed inspection and then pay another $10.00 to get it reinspected, with no additional work done. However as I mentioned if you would like the money back for the bulbs we replaced, I will be happy to refund that cost. As for the brake light that was out when you picked up your car,the bulbs that were replaced were your 2 of 3 of your 3rd brake lights that are required by law to work.The light bulb that went out after the inspection was good for the inspection or it also would have been replaced. I understand that you are very skeptical of garages because of how some in our industry take advantage of young women, but honesty, integrity and taking good care of our customers is something we take pride in, and I hope we have the opportunity to prove that to you in the future.If you ever have any future questions or concerns in the future feel free to call the office and ask for me, as I am the owner and I am very interested in our customers happiness and satisfaction.

Robin Waller

MICHAEL/ JOANNE C.
North Chili, NY
01/20/2020
Customer
Very honest and dependable... I was in and out in no time. I wouldn’t go anywhere else!
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/21/2020

DAVID B.
Bergen, NY
01/16/2020
Always great service.
Had my oil changed and waited for my car. Lydia was friendly and Scott made sure he said hi. The car was ready before I finished my coffee. Great service!
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/17/2020

David, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it!

KL
KARLEEN L.
Kendall, NY
01/15/2020
Oil Change Appointment
I have always been treat with respect and any issues are always explained so I understand what needs to be done.
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/16/2020

AA
ANDY A.
Kia Sportage
01/14/2020
Fast Friendly and Honest service
I have never had a bad experience with Nichols Garage. I always feel they are upfront and honest with any repair. A+++ local business
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/15/2020

Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Spencerport, NY
Nissan Sentra
01/12/2020
Oil change quick and easy
Went to the shop for my oil change, it went fast and they even fixed a leaking tire... Amazing
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/13/2020

CR
CORAL R.
01/07/2020
They helped me out.
I got pulled over for having a headlight out. Scott and his staff squeeze me in and got my new headlights installed. No more tickets for me!
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 01/08/2020

Glad we could help! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

MJ
MARK J.
Holley, NY
Jeep Commander
12/27/2019
The staff is great ! Very knowledgeable , a pleasure to work with very reasonable rates. From inspections to major repairs or towing there the shop to go to have been a customer for many years and will not go any place else.
Robin W. from Nichols Service responded on 12/28/2019