Land Rover Buffalo

Jennifer H. on 08/23/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Beware"
Terrible dealer. Sold me a 2010 Range Rover with a bad nose cone and timing chain. (Confirmed with Rochester LR). Refused to repair. I took the vehicle to three shops before the NYS warranty expired. Agreed to buy back in March but did not apply for title till June. Took 6 months. These people do not treat customers by the golden rule as their voice mail claims. Beware and go the Rochester instead. Just so people understand how terrible these people are I was in town because a relative had cancer. Moved temporarily but I reside in Colorado. My car was totaled by another driver at Christmas which is why I was buying in New York. They knew I would be driving this car back to Colorado and hoped I wouldn't notice. All shops indicated there was no way they didn't know of this engine problem. There voice mail says they treat you by the golden rule. Not so much. They would have had no concern if I was to get stranded. I paid cash and notified them of the problem in less than 10 days. Had get an attorney involved to get my money back six months later. They had the car and my money. I will have to persue in small claims to get my attorney fees and minor repairs I performed on this vehicle. BEWARE.
Service Date: 01/23/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 11:48 AM
DOUGLAS A PRICE J. on 03/21/2014
"Friendly staff, clean comfortable place to purchase a car"
I stopped to look at range rover evoques. Upon my arrival I was quickly approached by a very friendly salesman named Alex Greno. He completely explained and went through the options and trim levels. He then recommended we go for a test drive. I enjoyed the car. He also suggested we test drive the more truck like land rover. I immediately knew the evoque was what I wanted. We went to his office ran the numbers on my trade and he came back with what I thought was a far price. We shook on the deal and he asked me when I wanted to pick it up. I said tomorrow around 11am. I got there a little late but he had all the paper work ready to be signed he had my new evoque inside the showroom all detailed. We took the car outside he went over everything with me. He hooked my phone up for me showed me how everything worked and off I went. Alex called me Monday to make sure everything was going ok and to see if I had any questions about anything. He gave me his cell number and said call anytime if you have any questions. Alex made purchasing this car so easy and when I left I knew all about the vehicle. Other salesman should take lessons from him. I would do business with Alex again in a heart beat. Thanks for everything. Douglas Price
Sales Date: 03/15/2014
Review Created: 03/21/2014 03:41 PM
Anthony D. on 03/21/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Painless for them, disappointing for me"
I purchased a 2011 Ranger Rover HSE for $60,000. This should be a top of the line vehicle. I was told that the car was to be in CPO ( Certified Pre-Owned) Condition at the time of purchase. The they inspect all elements of it and that it is all original equipment on the vehicle expect for items that get replaced with service( wiper blades...) When I bought the vehicle and when it was delivered to my place in Rochester, there was a lot of snow and I did not notice that the chrome was flaking off of the wheels. When I did buy the vehicle, they told me they were the original wheels that were sold with the vehicle. Since the snow has since melted and I have taken a look at them, the wheels look real bad. I brought the vehicle to Pheiler in Rochester to see if warranty can cover the issue and learned through the deal and Land Rover Rep that the wheels are aftermarket and are not original. I originally addressed this with the sales rep and now with the GM Brian at Northtown, but he has not returned my call. Furthermore, when my car was delivered from the delivership in Buffalo to Rochester, it was not detailed and looked like it was it was in the trade in condition. I called the sales rep at the time and he said that if I wanted to go get it detailed, he would look in having me reimbursed for it. Very disappointing experience overall with a very high-end expensive vehicle.
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/17/2014
Review Created: 03/21/2014 12:25 PM
Michael A., Webmaster at Land Rover Buffalo responded on 03/22/2014

Thank you Anthony for sharing your experience you had with Land Rover of Buffalo.  Our goal is for 100% customer satisfaction regardless of which department you are using.  I'm sorry that this experience was not 100% for you.  I have forwarded your thoughts to the upper management team of our company.
Once again, thank you
Patti Shahin

Michael A., Webmaster at Land Rover Buffalo responded on 03/31/2014

I am happy to hear that you are working with Brian Culligan to resolve the issues you mentioned.  Thank you for taking the time to work with him on this.

Patti Shahin
Webmaster
NISHA W. on 03/03/2014
"Very professional"
Excellent !! Martin and Dan are both very easy to work with and knowledgable
Sales Date: 02/24/2014
Review Created: 03/03/2014 06:20 AM
GLENN E S. on 02/26/2014
"Professional Yet Friendly Place"
I had a great experience in purchasing my vehicle and Martin Hares was a great professional all along in the process
Vehicle: LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SC
Sales Date: 02/19/2014
Review Created: 02/26/2014 06:26 PM
DENISE MICHELLE S. on 02/07/2014
"Painless experience."
Everyone was very friendly, attentive, and helpful. Brandon and Dan made everything as easy for me as possible. I’m very happy with my experience there!
Sales Date: 02/01/2014
Review Created: 02/07/2014 06:25 AM
GLOBAL ENVIROMENTAL I. on 02/05/2014
"Inviting "
Very easy to relax and enjoy the car buying experience
Sales Date: 01/30/2014
Sales Date: 01/31/2014
Review Created: 02/05/2014 05:30 AM
JUDITH L D. on 02/04/2014
"salesperson"
Russ Mistretta was always professional, provided great follow up and took care of all necessary arrangements
Sales Date: 01/28/2014
Review Created: 02/04/2014 12:11 PM
F L F. on 01/30/2014
"experience"
Russ showed a vast knowledge and experience about the product that made to very comfortable for me to trust the product.
Vehicle: LAND ROVER LR2
Sales Date: 01/23/2014
Review Created: 01/30/2014 06:32 PM
JACQUELINE A K. on 01/24/2014
"Professional customer service"
Wonderful experience so far!
Vehicle: LAND ROVER LR4
Sales Date: 01/13/2014
Review Created: 01/24/2014 01:49 PM
KELLIE ANN H. on 01/15/2014
"The service was amazing!"
Hello,
I'm a retail manager and I deal with people daily. Customer service is key to the success of any business and Northtown truly delivered it. I worked with your sales consultant Alex Greno and your finance manager Daniel Witkin who both were fantastic and made the experience a memorable one! I will be returning in the future.
Sales Date: 01/10/2014
Review Created: 01/15/2014 06:51 PM
ANDREA LYNNE B. on 01/06/2014
"Range Rover Evoque Purchase"
I recently leased the 2013 Range Rover Evoque from Northtown Range Rover and had an excellent experience. Martin Hare is an excellent salesperson, he knows his car and is not pushy at all. I had many questions comparing the Range Rover to other luxury SUV's on the market, in particular to the Porsche Cayenne. Martin made a strong case that I could have all the luxury I wanted with the Evoque without the much larger price tag of the Porsche. I would highly recommend if you are considering a small luxury SUV you look at the Evoque and that you ask for Martin when you go. An excellent experience and I love my new SUV, which is saying a lot since I had steadfastly refused to give up my 4 door Acura TSX for the last 5 years!
Sales Date: 12/30/2013
Review Created: 01/06/2014 01:37 PM
MARY PATRICIA H. on 01/02/2014
"Love My New Sport"
Land Rover Range Rover Sport that is! Alex Greno was a pleasure to work with when I bought my vehicle and he explained the wonderfulness of the Sport when I picked it up.
Sales Date: 12/24/2013
Review Created: 01/02/2014 08:11 AM
MARLENE D F. on 12/14/2013
"Credibility and follow up"
My wife and I went to the dealershhip just to look at the 2104 Sport expecting to buy it in Florida or Santa Fe where we lived but Geno was so patience and attentive to our questions we decided to buy from him and have it shipped to Florida.
In addition he up sold us to getting an Autobiography which we are pleased with
Sales Date: 11/26/2013
Review Created: 12/14/2013 09:11 AM
SALVATORE ROBERT M. on 11/23/2013
"great guys "
very good service overall, honest and professional
Vehicle: LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT SC
Sales Date: 11/18/2013
Review Created: 11/23/2013 04:21 PM
ANTHONY A D. on 11/22/2013
"Bought expensive vehicle, was not delivered clean"
At this point no. They were more interested in a fast transaction as to getting it right. The close to $60k car was delivered without detailing and when I noticed after they cleaned up the car and called it a CPO, that the chrome wheels where chipping off chrome paint. Also had to sign a ton of forms that seemed exhaustively extra to the buying process that are set to simply protect the owner. If they fixed these small items I would, but have told me they wont. Hard for me to recommend and be positive about Northtown.
Vehicle: LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE
Sales Date: 11/15/2013
Review Created: 11/22/2013 03:43 AM
MARGARET A M. on 11/10/2013
"Great service and sales department"
The Landrover service manager is awesome and Martin in sales was outstanding. Thank you Landrover for a great team!
Sales Date: 10/31/2013
Review Created: 11/10/2013 06:11 AM
LOVULLO ASSOCIATES I. on 11/05/2013
"Russ M does a fantastic job"
Russ M does a fantastic job
Vehicle: LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER HSE
Sales Date: 10/31/2013
Review Created: 11/05/2013 05:09 PM
PREMIUM COFFEE ROASTERS I. on 10/31/2013
"Very professional and curteous"
Very Good!