Carl W.
Grandview, MO
04/15/2019 Category: Service
Carl said at first, his experience was so bad, but In the end it was corrected. He stated that Andy worked with him to clarify the issue and it meant a lot to Carl that he did this and was the reason why he brought his vehicle back for the service.

GN
Gwen N.
Lees Summit, MO
Acura MDX
04/02/2019
Service Appointment
My service request when I brought my vehicle in was to have an oil change, tire rotation, and balance I had an appointment for 9:00 am and I dropped my vehicle off the night before but after my vehicle had been there the whole day I received a call stating that I needed so much service and I agreed to the mile service which I was told included an oil change and tire rotation. I honestly don't remember which mile service was said, but I think he said 30000 mile service and not 150000 mile service. Now after spending $529 I still need the same services that I originally brought my vehicle in to have taken care of.

Margarita R.
Blue Springs, MO
02/27/2019
We are not sure about that
We checked with others mechanics and we concluded that we overpay for the last service since it was just maintenance and not a major repair like transmission or engine and we still with the light problem ! hope the repairs are under warranty ! our 2006 CRV is getting old and we may need to replace it soon.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 03/03/2019

Thank you for the feedback, Margarita. We know that your vehicle is an investment, which is why we truly invest in our customers. We take pride in providing not only highly qualified techicians to work on your vehicle, but ones that are trained to work specificially on Hondas. We also take pride in having a 2 year/ 24,000 warrenty on all new parts and labor. We have the tool and equipement need to work on your Honda and have specialized in them for over 43 years. For these reasons our prices may be higher compared to some facilities, but it is an investment that will keep your vehicle running strong. Your safety is our number one priority, so we stand behind our work and our service. We hope you choose to continue to be part of the Otto Service family because it is an honor to have you as part of the family. Stay safe on the road, Margarita!

Lenexa, KS
Acura TL
08/17/2018
Prices getting to high
Went to the shop I have been going to for years. Pricing is getting out of hand. Tranny fluid now only 10-20 different from Acura. I drive to far to pay dealer pricing. I am sure it is not on everything but fluid change as an example is now over a 100 dollars way to much when I can get the fluid for 8 doolars a quart online. That business will now be done by myself. I went expecting to spend a couple hundred walked out at near 500 too much lower pricess sell more. Raise prices sell less and loose business. No way costs have gone up 35 percent. I see pretty new cars out front with ads on them don't make me pay for those it is a business cost. I like everyone here but the prices are to to to much. Change it or lose me.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 08/19/2018

Let me start off by saying thank you for being part of the Otto Service family all these years. We appreciate your loyalty and the fact that you drive to see us. Cost going up over the years is unfortunately something that happens in all industries. We want our customers to have the best and sometimes that is not always the least expensive option. We strive to have highly trained technicians that have the knowledge and training to get repairs done correct the first time, as well as the fact we use OEM parts to help ensure quality for the life of your vehicle. We have never had new vehicles for loaners at our facility. The vehicles you are mentioning are actually wraps on our older vehicles to help them look nicer for our customers to drive. Very cost effective. We are excited to hear it looks new though! We strive to make our business the best we can for our customers because we truly do care. While we would be sad to lose you as part of the Otto Service family, we understand that it does come down to price for some people. We hope to see you again, but if you chose to move on we hope where you go treats you like family and keeps you safe on the road while meeting your financial needs as well. Thank you for being a valued member of the Otto Service family. Have a blessed day!

Deana M.
Missouri
05/21/2018 Category: Service
Deanna said they always do an excellent job.

05/21/2018 Category: Service
Deanna said that she is happy with the business. She is not happy with whoever took her headphones out of her vehicle.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 05/22/2018

Deanna,

Thank you for taking my call today, i hope you are able to find your pink headphones. Thank you for being a great customer and i look forward to seeing you next time you come in.

Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 06/01/2018

Thank you for the 5 stars, Deana! We appreciate having you as part of the Otto Service family and will always strive to do our best for you. At Otto Service we do not just care for your vehicle, but we care about you because you are family. We appreciate any feedback to make your experience better. Thank you for choosing Otto Service and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Jason H.
Excelsior Springs, MO
08/20/2017 Category: Service
Jason said the business had a problem fixing the brakes on his vehicle, but they adjusted the price.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 09/11/2017

Jason,

I remember this problem you were having with your brakes, the brake calipers would fail causing premature brake pad replacement. Anytime you drive a vehicle with a brake caliper that is frozen that means the brake caliper is squeezing the pads at full force (usually it only happens with one out of the four) then you run the risk of the brake pads wearing out so thin that it damages the rotor (the disk that the pads squeeze) and as a result it is a very costly repair. This actually happened 3 individual times to your vehicle so we tried to work with you in regrades to the price. I hope you continue to bring your vehicle here to get serviced and we will always try to take care of our customers however we can.

Cynthia M.
Acura 3.2TL
06/21/2017
Dissappointed
I have always had good service until my last visit on Monday 6/19/2017, when I was quoted one price over the phone but when I picked up my car I was charged a higher price.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 06/23/2017

Cynthia,

We Have Reviewed our process and precedure from when we contacted you, and come to the conclusion there was a miscommunication on our end over the phone. we would like to correct this mistake and will be adding a credit  to your account for your next visit. i would like to extend our grattitiude in understanding and look forward to seeing you soon

Donald P.
Honda Accord
02/27/2017 Category: Service
Donald said the business was not able to determine why his engine light keeps coming on but the employees are good people and he will continue to go back. He likes that they are Christian-based, and that they gave him a ride home when he needed one.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 03/04/2017

Thank you very much for the feedback, Donald. We appreciate your kind words. We strive to always do our best and fix any problem there may be with your vehicle. Unfortunately, we were unable to get your check engine light to come back on when you came into our facility, so therefore were unable to determine the problem. Please call us if the light comes back on so we can get you in and help you determine the problem. The diagnostic scan you paid for is good for up to 90 days. Thank you for trusting us and continuing to come back to see us. We greatly appreciate you! Have a blessed day.

Derrick H.
Pleasant Hill, MO
Acura MDX
12/10/2016
Not clear follow thru
Arrived to drop off car and get loaner and didn't have loaner. Eventually met at my work to trade cars. Told would deliver my car completed back to work and trade but didn't. Ended up coming to shop and get informed I needed a fuel receipt for filling up car. First time I heard that. Didn't ask shop to do full inspection of car but it was done without notification
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 12/12/2016

Mr. Hartley,

I apologize for not communicating the way that we should have we usually do not pick cars up or drop them off, however we are willing to do what it takes to accommodate everybody's individual needs. As you know we had already dropped the loaner vehicle off to your work so it would not have been a problem to pick the vehicle up after the work was completed. Now about the inspection, being a AAA aproved facility we are required to do a multi point safety inspection on every vehicle to insure that your car is safe to drive, all at no charge to the customer. You see it is our goal & responsibility to make sure that when our customers leave our facility we are confident that whoever drives or rides in your car can rest easy knowing that your car is safe.

John D.
Raymore, MO
10/27/2016
Oil Change
Trying to understand why my oil change was so expensive. Went from about 45.00 to almost 60.00 since last time.
Oil prices are down. 7.50 qt seems a little high. Love this company, but won't go back for oil changes. Customer since 1986
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 10/28/2016

John,
Many of the newer cars now require full synthetic oil, unfortunatly full synthetic oil does cost more than conventional. I understand oil / gas prices are down however the cost to purchase oil has not changed. Kind of like a gallon of milk prices went up when fuel prices went up but hasnt come back down. We are always reviewing our parts cost on oil changes, parts continue to cost more but we have maintained the same oil change price for many years. Our only option to reduce the cost would be to use a less quality product and we are not willing to do that. Some customers choose to use the quiklubes for that option since they offer a less quality product.

KC

KC
Kelly C.
Honda Accord
08/12/2016 Category: Service
Kelly said there was a lot of miscommunication during her experience with this business.
Andrew O., Owner from Otto Service Of Kansas City responded on 08/15/2016

Kelly, we are sorry for any miscommunications during your visit.
We have hired a second service advisor to share the work load. We strive for a five star rating and hope that since we are now fully staffed your next visit will reflect that.