Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Josette W.
03/05/2019
Issues resolved
I was happy that this company reached out and contacted me about my recent issues I was having. They administered great care, empathy and honesty in handling my concerns we were able to clear up the issues concerning my egr as well as the tps sensor and put my worries to rest. I felt very taken care of and I will continue to bring my car back to them in the future I recomend them to anyone looking for a good mechanic shop they can trust.

03/05/2019
Good liars
They unhooked my EGR valve sensor and tried to tell me I needed a new one they kept my car for a week to do a simple relearn on my tps sensor and tried to say that my brand new one was no good I had the sensor checked at another place and they said nothing was wrong with it then charged me 500 for a sensor I didnt even need very shitty place dont recomend it to anyone cost me a lot of time and money just another greedy business with shady mechanics
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 03/07/2019

After discussing Josette's concerns we were truly able to find out what happened and any miscommunication or misunderstandings have been rectified. Thank You Josette for talking to me about this.

KR
Kris R.
01/25/2019
Precision Automotive of Utah Repaired The Problem
The Warranty was honored and all the repairs done. Thank you Craig

01/25/2019
Does Not Support the Warranty on Labor Done
1000 miles after repairs the same issues happening. I received a bunch of double talk of why they would not support the warranty. They did fix several issues, but this wasn't the main problem. Although they did the work. Beware not an honest business!
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 02/02/2019

Thanks for letting us recheck your MItsubishi Galant Kris. After tearing it down again we found leaking spark plug seals that could have been causing a misfire. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Alan M.
06/08/2016 Category: Service
Alan said the business did not give him a call back on the status of his vehicle. He was expecting them to call over the next few days. He sent his sister in to go get the vehicle. They gave her a packet with a few things highlighted, saying these were the possible things wrong with the vehicle. Due to these reasons he would not recommend the business for service.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 06/10/2016

I really don't understand Alan's low review. His sister brought his vehicle in and informed us of his concerns and let us know that he was in no hurry. We performed a diagnostic and spent quite some time researching what we found to be the problem. The next day his sister called in to check on the status and I let her know what we found and that it was possibly a warranty issue through the dealer. She let me know she would tell her brother. The next day Alan came to get his vehicle himself. We showed him the paperwork of what needed to be done and the possible warranty paperwork. I am very confused as to his review. If Alan had some issue with this procedure I would hope he could call me instead of lying on a review.

Eagle Mountain, UT
09/18/2019
Didn’t listen. Performed action with out asking.
I went in for one issue I had going on and then asked about oil change. I asked how much and said that depending on what coupons we had, I would call in and let them know if I wanted it or not.

I was charged 90$ish when I walked in for an oil change I never said yes to and an air filter that THEY felt should be changed regardless of my opinion.

They are also just more expensive than other places that do the same quality work.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 09/18/2019

Caden, you did ask for a synthetic oil change, which we performed. We also spent over an hour testing, driving and checking your concern which we did not charge you for. If the $16.00 for the completely discusting cabin filter was cause for this low score we will happily reinstall your old filter or reimburse you. Please call us if you have any other concerns. Thank You!

PF
Phil F.
06/09/2016 Category: Service
Phil said he took his vehicle to this business to fix his radio and it worked but then, after six hours, it did not work anymore. He thought to himself that it was not a radio store but a service facility.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 06/10/2016

We are sorry to see that you gave us a 2 star review Phil. As you know we repaired multiple wires on or around the battery and the redio started working. As you should also remember our phone conversation before you brought it in when I informed you that we are not a radio repair shop but we would be happy to see if it was something simple, if not it might require a radio shop. You also had rescheduled to run it back over to have it rechecked but then called in to cancel. A return visit would have given us another chance to locate something wrong or reimburse you for the previous visit. Once again we apologize for anything we might have done wrong.

Joe B.
Jeep Cherokee
04/08/2015 Category: Service
Joe said he received a call from the manager to resolve his issues and the manager took care of all of his concerns.

04/08/2015 Category: Service
Joe said he noticed that the harmonic balancer was not right on after he left the business. He plans to have it replaced again. He would not recommend this business for this reason.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 04/15/2015

I really appreciate you talking to me Joe. The belt on Joe's Jeep broke and we installed a new belt but failed to notice the reason that the belt broke, which happened to be the harmonic balancer. I have discussed this with my technician so that these kind of missed things won't happen in the future.

Scott H.
Buick Century
08/10/2016 Category: Service
Scott said the employees at this business worked on his radiator, but the next day he noticed there was radiator fluid all over his garage. He checked the vehicle and found they had forgotten to hook the radiator hose, back up.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 08/18/2016

Scott, we want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. This kind of over sight is truly not acceptable here and we want to assure you that more procedures are being implemented to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thanks again for stopping by and showing this to us.

Jared M.
06/10/2016 Category: Service
Jared said this business has poor parts availability. Nothing has changed.

06/10/2016 Category: Service
Jared said during his visit to this business there was poor part availability and long wait times. Based on this experience he would not recommend them for service to other people.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 06/13/2016

wow, I am trying to understand Jared's low score. Jared has come here quite a bit. His main reason to visit us is oil changes which we do schedule. One time we did special order a trailer hitch for him, called when it came in and waited for him to schedule that in. I truly don't understand his low review.

Dave H.
04/07/2016 Category: Service
Dave said he likes the business, but right now he is having issues with working out what is wrong with his vehicle.

DT
Deette T.
Chrysler Sebring
02/22/2016 Category: Service
Deette said the business forgot to call her to give her a bid on the work before doing it.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 02/23/2016

Thanks for the response DeEtte, I know that we had an electrical problem causing issues, no start, idling etc... so we replaced the shorted out battery to determine if that was the whole problem, which in basically it was. We do apologize that that was the course of action we took on this repair and we will in the future attempt to relay that these kinds of repairs are necessary in the diagnostic procedure sometimes.

Renee M.
Honda Accord
03/18/2015 Category: Service
Renee said this business took longer than she expected, but it was not their fault because they were sent the wrong part.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 03/30/2015

We are very sorry about the time it took to get the correct part Renee. We take great pride in the time that it takes to get a vehicle in and out. Sometimes when we deal with the parts suppliers they do send the incorrect part. Thanks for your response and please call us if there is anything we can do in the future for your vehicles.

BY
Bill Y.
07/19/2014 Category: Service
Bill said they spoke with the manager and cleared up any confusion regarding extra charges.

07/19/2014 Category: Service
Bill said he was given a price and when he picked up the vehicle, the price had gone up. He said he thinks the business should have called him when the price changed.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 07/31/2014

We have talked to Bill about the price increase and know where the communication failed. We appreciate Bill's loyalty and look forward to years of continued friendship.

GR
Glen R.
Herriman, UT
Mazda 626
05/14/2014
Exceptional "Come Back"
All of the previous issues had been taken care of or explained clearly as to what action needs to be taken in order to reconcile the situation. I am highly satisfied with the outcome.

05/14/2014
Tune-up So-so
The car was idling rough, so after the replacement of the timing belt, the spark plugs and the cables, it should have run smoothly. But it still idles rough. The squeak in the driver's door is as bad as ever, and the muffler seems quite loud, even though we asked for it to be checked.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 05/19/2014

After talking with Glen, and reinspecting the vehicle we have determined that there is also a bad engine mount causing a vibration, or roughness. We also have reinspected the exhaust and determined that the muffler is just a little louder than Glen is used to with his Honda that he used to own. We relubed the doors and the squeek seems to have gone away too. We appreciate Glen talking to us to resolve any issues we might have had with the repair of his newly purchased vehicle.

EH
Eseta H.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
01/25/2014 Category: Service
Eseta said they treated her nicely.

Bart H.
08/24/2013 Category: Service
Bart said he did not with to elaborate about what this business did to resolve any initial dissatisfaction. He said they did very good work.

08/24/2013 Category: Service
Bart said this business did unnecessary diagnoses, which cost him money. He would not recommend them because of the reason stated.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 08/28/2013

Fortunately our customers are understanding and when I talked to Bart about this diagnostic charge he and I agreed that it was not necessary to test the starter on his Saturn. Sometimes we get too busy to be the best we can be and I appreciate Bart for bringing this to my attention and will fix it asap.