Priority Hyundai Greenbrier

EM
Elaine M.
11/25/2020
Not real mechanics...
I took my 2012 Veloster in for service. With the problems I described they came up with I need to replace my transmission, to the tune of $3600-$5000. And that was just the estimate, so we all know it would have ended up being much more than that. I decided to get a second opinion from transmission people so I had my car towed to AAMCO Chesapeake. What the figured out was that it was a problem with my actual shifter. And with that and Everton else they did i ended up only paying almost $1500. This leads me to believe that they are not real mechanics or they just don't even know how to read their own diagnostic computers. If I had paid the $4500 PLUS for the new transmission, that still would not have fixed my problem. And I would've still not had a working car. So glad I got a second estimate! I will never go to Priority again!
SARAH T. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/27/2020

We appreciate your business and feedback.

Rhonda H.
11/13/2020 Category: Service
Great job
I would give them 10 stars if I could . I had an issue with my car that was very upsetting to me that didn’t get fixed the first time. When I came back the 2nd time I was treated very well. Thank you Hyundai.

11/13/2020 Category: Service
Didn’t fix my car
I went there for a possible electrical problem with my brake lights. They kept the vehicle for 32 hours, didn’t offer a loaner. Now I have to go back there because the failed to do what they said was done.
SARAH T. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/13/2020

We appreciate your business and feedback. Someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Donald S.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Going the extra mile
Had an issue with initial service appointment. They took the time to contact me to find out what went wrong, apologized, and worked to understand how to make it better for the future. They listened and made me feel like they cared.

Service Department Needs Help
Worst service visit ever. Took too long to replace a tire on a vehicle towed to them. Over two days! Very poor communication. I had to initiate all status inquiries. Only MY service rep could give me a status. Didn’t honor pricing as discussed on phone with service advisor. Advisor was off and could not validate price quote. I was asked if I had price quote in text from MY advisor.
SARAH T. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/05/2020

We do appreciate your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you shortly.

JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/05/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback.

IN
Ikenna N.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
Time wasters
You need to improve
SARAH T. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/04/2020

We appreciate your business and feedback. Someone will be contacting you shortly.

Scott T.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/02/2020 Category: Service
Service Department
While the sales department was exceptional the service department needs to improve their communication skills in explaining why a new vehicle with 320 miles on it takes nearly 4 weeks to repair.
SARAH T. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 11/03/2020

We appreciate your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you soon.

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/16/2020 Category: Service
Thanks
Thank you for listening.

10/16/2020 Category: Service
So so so disappointed
JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 10/17/2020

Thank you so much for talking to me.

NR
Niya R.
10/05/2020 Category: Service
Correcting a mishap
My first interaction with this company was very questionable but I decided not to leave a review until now because this new incident is absolutely unacceptable! Back in late April early May of 2020 I had my vehicle serviced here. I was informed after running a multi point inspection that I only needed to have my recalls taken care of. I agreed to have all recalls corrected and of course this service was free of charge. After picking up my vehicle and driving home my car remained parked overnight. I noticed the following morning my vehicle was unable to start. I called Hyundai and they asked me to have the car towed in. After sometime they informed me I needed a new battery. This seemed very odd or a questionable coincidence that nothing was wrong with my car but now all of a sudden I needed a new battery. I decided to just pay the $147 for the new battery. Fast forward to Sunday, September 27, 2020 I run into the same issue of my car not starting. I decided to call Hyundai and once again I was informed to have my vehicle towed in & that someone be able to look at it the next day. The next day rolls around & no one reaches out to me so I contact them the following day to find out they are backed up and no one is able to look at my vehicle just yet. Once my vehicle is finally checked out I am informed that I need a new starter. I agreed to pay the $648 for the new starter after being informed they did another multi point inspection and it seems to only be my starter that is causing the problem. Once my car is ready for pick up I arrive on the property and it seems they have some issues locating the keys to my vehicle. Once that is taken care of I head to my vehicle to leave. Not even five minutes down the road the engine overheating light comes on and my vehicle begins to shake. I immediately pull over and call priority Hyundai and they informed me to bring the car back. I spoke with a gentleman and explain the issue. I informed him that I have never had any warning lights come on on the dashboard nor did I drop my vehicle off with any lights on on the dashboard so I don’t understand why the engine overheating light is on now. He went on to tell me that the starter and anything dealing with my engine overheating are in two separate areas and there’s no way they could’ve done anything to cause this problem. I reiterated my concerns to him. He asked me to leave my car once again and that someone would look at it the following day and reach out to me. Needless to say the communication the following days was lack there of. I called multiple times and was told someone would call me back with a answer & they didn’t. Finally on October 3, 2020 I get a call from an employee telling me that my car is ready to be picked up. I told him I would like to be informed on what went wrong. Why did my vehicle start overheating? He went on to tell me that when my starter was replaced a part that transports the coolant to my engine had drained and they failed to replace the coolant in my vehicle. I informed the young man that I would like that to be noted in the system and I would also like a copy of the paperwork for future references. It absolutely saddens me that I can spend $648 with a company and they turn around and allow their careless actions to put me in a dangerous situation. If I wasn’t paying attention to my vehicle it could have absolutely overheated and caused the engine to lock up, other components in my vehicle to malfunction or even could have caused me to get into an accident putting my life and others at risk. My original reason for going to a Priority Hyundai was because I felt this would be a safe place and I could trust their work & judgment. I’m currently left feeling fearful that my car can malfunction at any minute.
** Update 10/8/20
I appreciate priority Hyundai reaching out to me to provide some complementary services to help ease my mind of future problems due to the original mishap. Customer service was at a all time high the 2nd time around & they made me feel much better about trusting my car with them.

10/05/2020 Category: Service
Horrible experience.
I will start by saying my first interaction with this company Priority Hyundai  was very questionable but I decided not to say anything until now because this new incident is absolutely unacceptable! Back in late April early May of 2020 I had my vehicle serviced here. I was informed after running a multi point inspection that I only needed to have my recalls taken care of. I agreed to have all recalls corrected and of course this service was free of charge. After picking up my vehicle and driving home my car remained parked overnight. I noticed the following morning my vehicle was unable to start. I called Hyundai and they asked me to have the car towed in. After sometime they informed me I needed a new battery. This seemed very odd or a questionable coincidence that nothing was wrong with my car but now all of a sudden I needed a new battery. I decided to just pay the $147 for the new battery. Fast forward to Sunday, September 27, 2020 I run into the same issue of my car not starting. I decided to call Hyundai and once again I was informed to have my vehicle towed in and that someone be able to look at it the next day. The next day rolls around and no one reaches out to me so I contact them the following day to find out they are backed up and no one is able to look at my vehicle just yet. Once my vehicle is finally checked out I am informed that I need a new starter. I agreed to pay the $648 for the new starter after being informed they did another multi point inspection and it seems to only be my starter that is causing the problem. Once my car is ready for pick up I arrive on the property and it seems they have some issues locating the keys to my vehicle. Once that is taken care of I head to my vehicle to leave. Not even five minutes down the road the engine overheating light comes on and my vehicle begins to shake. I immediately pull over and call priority Hyundai and they informed me to bring the car back. I spoke with a gentleman and explain the issue. I informed him that I have never had any warning lights come on on the dashboard nor did I drop my vehicle off with any lights on on the dashboard so I don’t understand why the engine overheating light is on now. He went on to tell me that the starter and anything dealing with my engine overheating are in two separate areas and there’s no way they could’ve done anything to cause this problem. I reiterated my concerns to him. He asked me to leave my car once again and that someone would look at it the following day and reach out to me. Needless to say the communication the following days was lack there of. I called multiple times and was told someone would call me back with a answer and they didn’t. Finally on October 3, 2020 I get a call from an employee telling me that my car is ready to be picked up. I told him I would like to be informed on what went wrong. Why did my vehicle start overheating? He went on to tell me that when my starter was replaced a part that transports the coolant to my engine had drained and they failed to replace the coolant in my vehicle. I informed the young man that I would like that to be noted in the system and I would also like a copy of the paperwork for future references. It absolutely saddens me that I can spend $648 with a company and they turn around and allow their careless actions to put me in a dangerous situation. If I wasn’t paying attention to my vehicle it could have absolutely overheated and caused the engine to lock up, other components in my vehicle to malfunction or even could have caused me to get into an accident putting my life and others at risk. My original reason for going to a Priority Hyundai was because I felt this would be a safe place and I could trust their work and judgment. I’m currently left feeling fearful that my car can malfunction at any minute.
JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 10/06/2020

Thank you so much for talking to me and glad we could work it out.

Kenneth B.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/17/2020 Category: Service

09/17/2020 Category: Service
I appreciate the guys who check you in before going into customer service .I want to thank Jackie for doing a great job .
JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 09/17/2020

Thank you so much for the feed back. I have resent the survey as we discussed.

TG
Thomas G.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
09/01/2020 Category: Service
rescore
Everything went very well and appreciate the work that was done in a very timely manner

09/01/2020 Category: Service
Not fun
Had an early morning appointment for inspection and oil change and spent over 6 hours waiting with no one communicating to me as to any problems or delays or anything! Second time this has happened. There won't be a third.
JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 09/01/2020

Thank you for speaking to me today and I look forward to making it all 5s. If you get a chance to rescore us that would be amazing.

AW
Anthony W.
2020 Hyundai Tucson
08/07/2020 Category: Service
The service department is horrible!
The service department had our vehicle for almost a month. We had to reach out to Service Advisor through our sales representative since the service manager did not return any of my calls after a week to find out status and, to ask for a loaner vehicle. It took multiple communications with Consumer Affairs to finally get a status on when our vehicle would be done. The service managers excuse for not calling me back was "he was short staff and did not have time to check his messages". I do not know any manager that does not have time to check their messages for a month. When my vehicle was returned, there were multiple scratches on my vehicle. I now have to take it back on a weds to have it fixed.

LK
Lynnette K.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
07/23/2020 Category: Service
Nothing
Worst place ever, work being done on cars not needed , dirty and the customer service sucks!!!

NH
Napoleon H.
07/13/2020 Category: Service
Customer Swrvice
Poor customer service.
JOESPH W. from Priority Hyundai Greenbrier responded on 07/20/2020

Thank you so much for talking to me this morning, cant wait to earn all 5s from you.

SR
Sarah R.
07/13/2020
No point scheduling an appt
I have always had issues at this location with small things like an oil change taking forever, but there was a time when I could bring my car in for an early am drop off and be out in a couple of hours (still a long time for a simple oil change with an appt. in my opinion). That last couple of times I scheduled my oil change at this location, I brought it in the morning and was told it wouldn’t be ready until about 5. I think it’s ridiculous that a simple oil change/top of the fluids appt leaves someone without their car for the entire day. There’s got to be a better way of working your appointments. I try to go to other priorities if I can to avoid this issue because it’s not easy to take my entire day off of work to be without my vehicle and arrange to be picked up so I’m not sitting at a dealership for 8 plus hours. To make matters worse, there’s been a transmission recall on this vehicle since I got it and it causes specific issues that they know about. I’ve had these issues with it for the entire 4 years I’ve had it and every time I tell them it’s having those issues again, they blame it on a different issue of some kind and try to charge me for something I don’t need. For instance, I got the call at 4:00 this afternoon that they were just now looking at my vehicle, it needs different things that they can’t do today and wanted to know if I could leave it overnight to be looked at and then was told they couldn’t even do the oil change without me paying for some cleaning service in the engine (they called back and changed that statement bc I said I’ve never heard of such a thing) Absolutely ridiculous.

HS
Heather S.
07/10/2020
Poor customer service and time management
After being a customer for 12 years, I will no longer return to priority hyundai. I have had several incidents over the past year with poor and slow customer service, not honoring appointments in a timely manner, and rude responses from employees including the manager. After a particularly poor experience at my last appointment, I have decided to look elsewhere for service.

2019 Hyundai Elantra
07/02/2020 Category: Service
Poor communication
Poor communication and service.