Overall Rating 4.46/5Overall Rating 4.46/5Overall Rating 4.46/5Overall Rating 4.46/5rating 4.46
4.5

Overall Rating 4.5625/5Overall Rating 4.5625/5Overall Rating 4.5625/5Overall Rating 4.5625/5rating 4.5625
Overall Rating 2.3125/5Overall Rating 2.3125/5rating 2.3125rating 2.3125rating 2.3125

Oceano, CA
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Communication needs improvement
There was a big communication lapse. Getting in touch with anyone that knew what was happening with my vehicle was hard and required multiple calls. Timeline of repair was not kept.

GS
Gerald S.
Atascadero, CA
03/11/2019 Category: Service
Read review.
Work accomplished that was not required for over $400.

Arroyo Grande, CA
06/30/2018 Category: Service
not waist time
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 07/03/2018

Ms. Clary,

I have left a voicemail regarding your recent SureCritic review. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you, so we can make this right!

I apologize you feel this way about our service department. Our team works very hard to ensure you have a 5-star visit.

Paso Robles, CA
2006 Hyundai Sonata
04/27/2018 Category: Service
Communication is not good
I was very frustrated at the time it took to get this repair done. They are nice, just not what I consider proper customer service.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 05/01/2018

Our genuine apology for taking more time with the vehicle than expected.  We aim to provide 5-star service!

I am so glad Hyundai Motor of America agreed to repair your vehicle under warranty as a one-time goodwill.

Have a great day,

Jane B.
12/17/2017 Category: Service
Inaccurate information
See previous page.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 12/18/2017

Jane,

Thank you for the feedback. I need to know about these things.  I just left you a voicemail.  Can you all me when you have time?

Thanks,

08/03/2017 Category: Service
no comments
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 08/04/2017

Mrs. Clary - I am so sorry you're not please with our service department.  We are always here to talk if you need us.

Barbara H.
Lompoc, CA
07/04/2017 Category: Service
n/a
n/a
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 07/05/2017

Barb,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the SureCritic review. I just left you a voicemail, and wanted to take the time to respond thoroughly to your comments.  Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

06/14/2017 Category: Service
service is terrible
If I have a choice I never do business with Rancho Motors, I can wait till I can trade this LEMON CAR I brought from them an back to TOYOTA cars
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 06/20/2017

Mrs. & Mrs. Clary,

I want to apologize regarding your recent service experience. I reviewed the history and found the rear brakes were worn to metal on metal, which required the replacement of the brake pads & rotors.  This is why the cost of the brake replacement was higher than normal.

We strive to provide great customer service, and use your reviews to improve our department.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
06/06/2017 Category: Service
Follow up greatly recommended.
What should have taken 1 hour took 3 days due to lack of communication with the parts dept and service dept. lack of communication with me caused me to drive from Atas to SLO 3 times only to be told car was still not ready and would take another day, and another day. After 3 days, finally got car back. Just wanted to get out of there. Be sure to call first before arranging a ride to go get your car, even if they tell you car will be ready that day. Take the time to make sure. Also, call ahead before your service to verify they have ordered the part they said they would.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 06/09/2017

I want to apologize that our service department took too long to repair your vehicle.  I would like to take care of your next oil change & tire rotation at no charge.

I will follow up on Monday at the phone number on file.

Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 06/13/2017

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me over the phone today.  I appreciate your time and look forwarding to serving your Tucson in the future!

05/19/2017 Category: Service
worst nightmare buy a car from this dealer
Never have any luck with service always has to back twice for request.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 05/19/2017

Mrs. Clary,

I am so sorry about your service experience.  I mentioned to your husband that my main goal is make sure you're satisfied.  We always encourage our clients opinion about our service department, and use it to make our service better.

Feel free to contact my direct line - 805-597-557

Leavenworth, KS
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/20/2017 Category: Service
Would not recommend the repair shop.
I've made appointments for oil changes that take four hours and not even the courtesy to return your calls for days when your car is in their care.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 03/20/2017

After speaking with you over the phone, this survey is reflecting your last visit.  Since the most recent service went well, would you please consider re-scoring your visit?

Thank you so much!

Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 03/22/2017

Hello again!

After speaking with you over the phone, this survey is reflecting your last visit. Since the most recent service went well, would you please consider re-scoring your visit?

Thank you so much!

03/19/2017 Category: Service
On my personal and friend experience this dealer is one of the worst
I will never recommend any of mine friends or family to this dealer
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 03/20/2017

Mrs. Clary,

I am so sorry about your Santa Fe.  I hope you know we did everything to assist you during your last appointment.  I just left a voicemail to follow up with you.  Please call me as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Morro Bay, CA
2007 Hyundai Entourage
12/27/2016 Category: Service
Service people are in a trance.....wake them up !!!!
Pathetic service experience !
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 12/27/2016

Our most sincere apologies for the frustration during your service experience.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

11/08/2016 Category: Service
The Service Manager ,Tony took charge of the situation and problem was resolved.
Really appreciated his hands on approach to solve the mystery

11/08/2016 Category: Service
The service manager Omar and Tony were very courteous and helpful . But the tech could not identify or correct the problem after a long stay in the serve area.
Same as above
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 11/08/2016

Ann,

We just spoke on the phone.  I wanted to reiterate how much we care about your situation.  The vehicle still continues to start well everytime.  As we discussed, I will drive the vehicle home to tonight to see if the no crank/no start occurs.

Hang in there!  We will do everything in our power to duplicate your intermittent no start concern on you Elantra.

Thanks again for talking with me,

RL
Robert L.
San Luis Obispo, CA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/28/2016 Category: Service
Terrible customer service.
When I called to get an oil change for my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe, they quoted me $55 and the guy told me it included tire rotation and balancing. Of course when I have my wife take in the vehicle, they tell her the price will be $120.00. I would expect this bait & switch tactic when they see a woman from a two bit mechanic shop, I didn't expect it from the Hyundai dealership. I believe the mechanics name Gene. I plan on contacting Hyundai Corporate to file a complaint. Very disappointed customer.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 01/30/2016

Mr. Lafica,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to personally apologize for your dissatisfaction.

Your invoice reflects a $40.86 total for and oil & filter change.  It seems the tires were not rotated when your wife came in for service.

We definitely had a disconnect in communication.  We have an oil change & tire rotation for $55.00.  It seems the additional recommendations for the cabin air filter ($86.00) and wheel balancing ($69.95) were made at the time of check-in. I hope there was no pressure from our service advisor regarding the recommendations - his name is Gene Cantrell.

If you were told the balancing was included during every oil change, that information is incorrect!  Again, I would like to apologize for the confusion and perform this service at no charge for you and your wife at your earliest convenience.

We are in the process of training some new staff, and it is possible that you may have been mis-informed.  Again, my most sincere apologize for the confusion & frustration.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience!

KH
K H.
San Luis Obispo, CA
01/01/2016 Category: Service
Horrible experience!
Rancho Grande had car 1 month. Never fixed three problems, although very polite when corresponding. Hyundai product is not backed by company, as stated. Multiple problems with engine, steering wheel , brakes , paint. Nothing fixed satisfactorily. Rancho says trying, but needs to step up and work with Hyundai International to help resolve lemon issues. Offered chunk of money and my car for new one, Rancho put it on International to accept, International says Rancho should negotiate this deal with me for International. Sales not willing to work with me. All goes in a big cycle, meanwhile I don't have a safe or reliable car.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 01/04/2016

Mrs. Hale,

My apologize for the horrible experience.  Hopefully we can get the vehicle back to a satisfactory level for you.  Regardless whether or not it's on a corporate, or dealer level - we care that you are not satisfied with your vehicle and we will do everything we can to make it right!

JOHN D.
Pismo Beach, CA
11/03/2015 Category: Service
Problem Hyundai or Rancho Grande?
I previously posted because Rancho Grande had indicated that the warranty did not cover my broken windshield washer. I contacted Hyundai, made a fuss, and Rancho Grande sent someone to pick up my car at my home, fixed it, and then returned it washed and clean (a nice touch). Reportedly, Hyundai asserts that this is not covered (they made an exception for me). However, it appears to occur frequently in their cars (the dealer was able to tell me what was wrong even without inspecting it), and appears to be some sort of design flaw, and is something which should be covered. Anyway, it is fixed and I am satisfied.

11/03/2015 Category: Service
Don't Trust Rancho Grande Hyundai
I took my 2013 Sonata (48K miles) in to have a broken windshield washer fixed (I purchased the car new and it came with a 60,000/5 year warranty). They claimed it wasn't covered by the warranty. I later checked the warranty, and it is covered.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 11/05/2015

Mr. Donegan,

Thank you so much for your SureCritic review!  We genuinely appreciate your feedback and look forward to correcting this concern right away.

After speaking with my regional Hyundai representative, we have come up with an immediate solution!

Call me as soon as you have time

Arroyo Grande, CA
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/09/2015 Category: Service
Bad service
Since a week ago I wait for Tyler send to the main office the miles on my car for the rewards program of course like everytime I visit the dealer I have too back again for the reason.
Tony L., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 11/05/2015

Hello!  Rancho Grande Motors service department is under new management.  My name is Tony Leonardo.  May I assist you?

Paso Robles, CA
12/24/2014 Category: Service
customer service sinks
Horrible follow up
Daniel A., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 12/24/2014

I am so sorry that your experience was so poor, Tracy.  We try very hard to ensure a high quality of service, but unfortunately we must have fallen short on your visit.  We hope you have a good holiday season and again please accept our sincerest apologies.

SK
SANDY K.
2008 Hyundai Veracruz
11/23/2014 Category: Service
Won't fix problem cause by employee
Will not return to Rancho Grande Motors again.
Daniel A., Service Manager from Rancho Grande Hyundai responded on 11/29/2014

I am very sorry of any lack of attention my staff may have provided you during your most recent visit.  I have attempted to reach out to you to see if there is anything I can do to help, but have been unable to reach you.  I see that you have been happy with our service since 2008 returning on several occasions.  I hope there is something I can do to regain your trust and loyalty.