Overall Rating 2.79/5Overall Rating 2.79/5rating 2.79rating 2.79rating 2.79

09/02/2016
costly parts
I recently dropped my 2006 explorer that I purchased
from Riverside Ford in Sumner. I noticed oil on the floor and
wanted to have it looked at. I was called later in the day to
be informed that my radiator had a crack and needed replacing.
They informed me that it would cost me $1,400.00 to repair.
I drove over to another shop near the dealership and they would do the exactly same work for $630.00 total. I went back and payed for the oil change and and moved my to the other garage. Why is Ford trying to screw the their customers???
Stephen Sumrall

JU
Judy U.
Juneau, AK
08/30/2016
we were treated horribly
Look elsewhere for a vehicle unless you want to be treated poorly, rushed, and feel like a complete inconvenience.
One week ago, we flew all the way from Alaska to pick up our 2016 ford explore with 17k miles. When we went to pick up the car, it appeared to be in great condition except it had VERY visible water spots covering the entire car including the windows. I asked our salesman about it (Jack Yager) and he said "it's due to very hard water in our area." We walked the lot together to see if other cars had this problem. Not one single car did. Jack finally agreed to rebuff the car to try to fix the spots. When we came back over an hour later, the spots were still there. Jack said they worked on it, they were busy, and they were sorry. Good as it gets I guess.
Upon our return to Alaska, we took it in to get the car detailed here (over $300) The shop here in Alaska said it was definitely ACID RAIN. We called Riverside and asked to talk to a manger (JEFF) and he was rude right off the bat and interrupted me and said "let me stop you right there and just tell me what your problem is." I asked him if he was in a hurry and he cut me off again asking what I wanted. NOT the way to talk to a customer. Said "let me just stop you right there. We aren't paying anything for your car detail." We weren't even asking for the dealership to pay for the car detail. JUST the portion of the buffing that needed to be done. He was so rude, inappropriate, treated us horribly and was just downright unprofessional yet accused us of the very same thing. Never been treated this way at any type of business. Especially one we just spent $36k at. Take your business elsewhere if you wanted to be treated with respect because YOU WILL NOT GET THAT AT RIVERSIDE in Sumner!

JU
Judy U.
Juneau, AK
08/30/2016
Go elsewhere if you wanted to be treated with respect

QZ
q z.
06/27/2016 Category: Service
Avoid them and try the other Puyallup Ford service center
Riverside Ford in Sumner, WA performed and charged me for a service I did not request and tried to charge me for a rental car that I did not use.

The car was dropped off to diagnose an warning on an activated temperature light. Fortunately, before paying, the charge for the rental car was noticed and disputed, which they then removed without issue. However, after paying the revised bill and leaving the service department, it was noted that they had also added a charge for an oil change that was not requested or needed.
The following business day the service advisor who originally helped coordinate the services was contacted. This person insisted that the unnecessary service was requested. They first tried to say the person dropping off the vehicle requested it. When that was disputed, the advisor then revised their claim and said that the person setting the appointment requested it. However, that flat-out never happened. The vehicle's oil had literally been changed the day before dropping it off to diagnose the temperature light coming on.

Finally, they agreed to a refund and said that it would be in form of a credit. I requested it to go back on the credit card since we would not be back. They then put me on hold and gave me the run around for about ten minutes, before telling me I would have to call back if I wanted be refunded.

Kyle B.
Seattle, WA
06/14/2016 Category: Sales
Focus Placed On the Relationship!
So, I had this theory I wanted to test when purchasing a new car... does customer service increase, the farther you travel from the "city?" In the case of Riverside Ford... without hesitation I can say, yes it does! After reading countless positive reviews about Riverside, and Stacey Boyer in particular, I decided to take a little trip to Sumner. From the time of our initial meeting, Stacey was absolutely fabulous! Not only did she help facilitate a fun and fair transaction for my beautiful Fiesta ST, she went out of her way to ensure that we could complete the purchase and trade within my limited time frame.

In my humble opinion, a car purchase should be as much about building relationships as it is about receiving the best deal. The friendship I have built with Stacey will last a lifetime, and I will definitely look to Riverside Ford for any future car purchases. If you are looking for a relaxing, no pressure purchase experience... I can't recommend Stacey and Riverside enough!

TH
Tim H.
Margaret, AL
05/26/2016 Category: Service
Worst experience ever
Where do I start? First, I don't trust them one bit, especially after bringing my truck into another Ford service shop. I scheduled a 9AM appointment, arrived at 8:55am. I had a scheduled oil change service and a "check coolant additive" which is basically a quick test on my current coolant. All said and done a max 1.5 job MAX, if they are slow. Anyways, ended up getting air filter replaced which is typically something I do since it is such an easy job and very fast. This time due to travel scheduke I asked them do go ahead and do it. Anyways, long story shorter I was there 3.5 hours. Yes, 3.5 hours. Part of the reason? Well, thru were going to wash and vacuum my truck. After waiting on truck over 2 hours I was told after asking "your truck is being finished up being washed, should be any second." 40 minutes later I walk outside and see my truck in a line in back. I ask the service rep what it means if truck is in line (the same rep who old me it was being finished named Desiree Conlon) and she tells me "that means they havent touched it yet." Really? Well, I ask them to just bring truck to me. When I get truck, guess what, a check engine light is on. It wasn't on when I got there, but they tell me it was. Funny that when I was called (I'll get into that soon) they never once mentioned "btw, engine light is on...should we run code?" Nope! Anyways they take it back into shop after treating me like an idiot, after I've waited over 3 hours. Guy comes back and says; it was because you were low on DEF. Mind you, low def triggers in cab and I was just under 1/2 tank prior to bringing. In fact, when they filled def I was given a container of remaining fluid practically full! Anyways, service manager just apilohozed, nothing more. The issue that really gets me is the call about "you have a coolant leak." Mind you, I just had the truck in for past inspection and rear differential rebuild and no issues, then left it parked (without driving) for a month! Suddenly I have a coolant leak? Anyways, they are telling me 5 hours of diagnostics (this seems standard for them) but I talk to repair tech and he says, "just minor dripping down bell housing." What does they repair sheet say? "Massive coolant leak!" Think about that... anyways, glad I didn't trust them. I leave, no refund for time left sitting around, just a "we are sorry," and I pull a trailer 7 hours through mountains, buying coolant just in case, always watching temps, and guess what...when I first left there was some coolant dripping (quarter size after almost and hour) but after trip and since then...zero drip, zero bell housing...nothing. Checking levels over a week later...nothing. Rememver, their service sheet said I had a massive coolant leak. Suddenly I felt like, perhaps someone just poured coolant down engine, which would indeed show dripping and pooling, and I'd say... "Oh no, let's fix it..." Then, 2,000 bucks later, after all the exhaustive diagnostics (basically removing intake and hose) they would have it fixed. Worst Ford dealer I have ever had service done. Called to manager of ford, left message and no returned call. Don't go there...I don't trust them. Also, if you do go...and they say something is wrong with truck take to another Ford dealer nearby; trust me...Have them look at your car...you'd be surprised at the difference in service, kindness, and perhaps diagnosis...I already informed multiple people in the area to let anyone and everyone know to take to another Ford shop...it is already happening...

M C.
11/23/2015 Category: Service
Worst new truck purchase ever
I bought a new F150 Lariat and driving home got "system charging"message. Shut down in my garage, battery almost dead. This was Saturday, couldn't drive the truck for fear of getting stranded and no service dept open. I hooked a charger up from Sat to Mon. Took it back to Riverside Ford on Mon. It took them 2 hours to put a battery in and when they did, they put a 13 month old battery in. Lucky I caught this before I left. I wasted 4 hours there and still waiting for a new battery to come in. Dean the General Manager could not care less about wasting my day or about the fact that they tried to put an old battery in my brand new truck or the fact that I couldn't drive it for 2 days while I was trying to charge it. Again, BRAND NEW TRUCK. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP. I do feel bad for the salesman and finance guys, they were very pleasant and I was happy with them. I hope the owner reads this and asks his General Manager, Dean if he thinks abusing customers who just spent $45k is good for business.

Doug S.
10/02/2015 Category: Service
sub-par service
I took my 2012 Ford Fiesta in for what I believe is my fifth recall in 3 years. It was just a software update, but it took nearly an hour and a half. The gentleman who checked me in at the service department was nice enough. But, when I went to leave I had to deal with a sarcastic, condescending young woman. In the process of updating the software, they left a residual "oil change" dashboard alarm light that was clearly caused by the software change. My oil was not due for a change. I didn't catch the woman's name as she stormed off after insulting me personally. To summarize, if you want to pay way too much for sub-par, slow service, and top it off by being treated badly, then Riverside Ford is the place for you!

AC
ANGELA C.
FORD EXPLORER
04/14/2015 Category: Sales
Chase was a great salesman
I was pleasantly surprised with my experience at Ford. Purchasing a car is always stressful and Chase was very informative and friendly. I also appreciated that he didn't make me feel pressured.

MICHAEL G.
Olympia, WA
FORD F-150
03/31/2015 Category: Sales
Riverside Ford treated us fairly
Riverside Ford had the truck I wanted. We worked out a reasonable trade price and used truck price for their rig. Price was a bit higher than I'd wanted, but the deal was fair. Sales staff were polite and so far the dealership is responsive to requests.

Brian B.
Lynnwood, WA
03/28/2015 Category: Sales
Great Buying Experience
My wife and I just bought an Edge from Chase B. Great experience from start to finish. He gave us a great deal on the car and worked with us on our trade-in. No high-pressure sales tactics, just an overall friendly atmosphere, which is rare these days. Highly recommended.

AR
ANTHONY R.
Lithonia, GA
DODGE CALIBER
03/25/2015 Category: Sales
Great Service, Great Communications
It was a pleasure doing business with Riverside Ford, the service was top notch, the communication was excellent, and a very friendly staff throughout the process.

TP
THOMAS P.
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT
03/25/2015 Category: Service
I love my Ford and my complimentary oil change!

DAREN H.
Tacoma, WA
FORD F-150
03/24/2015 Category: Service
customer service
Great customer service, and great service techs. Each time my tuck was in for service or warranty repairs service writers great you with a smile and an introduction. When service is completed the service writer messages me and finds me wherever I maybe at the dealership. Very, very happy with sales and service staff. Will be buying my third vehicle from them in the near future.

CD
CHARLES D.
FORD FIESTA
03/24/2015 Category: Service
Service was fine, customer attention can improve
I had a recall issue from the dealer that needed to be fixed so I dropped my car off at the same dealer I purchased from. They took me right away and I was called well within their expected window of time to complete the work. My only problem was going to pick up my car. I was told the keys and paperwork would be waiting with the cashier; she had neither. As we waited a while to have the keys brought in, another service worker came by and asked if I needed help. After explaining to them the issue, they simply looked up the attendant working on my car and called them to get the keys over ASAP. They were the one person to really help me out. I like this dealership but the attention they give to customers is still needing improvement.

KENNETH B.
FORD FOCUS
Employees that care!
As always great services!

ROBIN S.
Graham, WA
FORD EDGE
Riverside Ford Experience
Customer service is outstanding. I appreciate receiving service credits/rebate which amounted to about $25.00. $9.00 for tire repair was very reasonable considering they gave a coupon for free Elephant Car Wash since it was raining on the day of the service. It was very disappointing, however, to have to pay $25.00, due to shipping, for a part that costs less than $10.00 & could probably have been sent via US mail for less than a buck.

IC
IONA C.
FORD PICKUP
Must be a new guy
Usually I have no issues, recently when I took one of our diesel trucks in for oil change the service guy handed the paperwork for me to sign and said it was just over $100. Not good when you have to correct them about amount of oil he was charging me for.

BRIAN H.
FORD SUPER DUTY F-350 SRW
Customer Service!
Always gets the job done right the 1st time! Thanks. .

JJ
JULIENNE J.
Buckley, WA
FORD FUSION
03/22/2015 Category: Service
Fast service
I came in for my oil change expecting to have a long wait but was surprised at how quickly I was out of there. They even parked my car out of the rain so I didn't get poured on.