Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Jason C.
07/21/2018 Category: Service
Jason said he was not satisfied with the work done on his vehicle. The business did not explain the issues to him properly. He spent $1300,and his vehicle's problem still is not fixed.
Denise E., Office Manager from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 08/07/2018

Jason,

I'm sorry you are not satisfied with the work you received.  Not quite sure what was not explained to you though.  You brought your vehicle in because the blower was INOP. We verified your concern of the HVAC blower not operating. Tested fuses/relays and they are good. Tested blower motor speed control circuit wiring for open or short and they are good. Tested for voltage from EATC and found there is no voltage coming from EATC module to turn on blower. Ran a jumper wire to command blower and blower works. When the blower was activated the technician noted that no cold air was coming out of vents. Recommend replacing EATC module and then test HVAC system. You were contacted and authorized replacement of the module.  We were then able to test for why it wasn't cooling.  It was low on refrigerant.  After the system was charged, and dye was added, it was noted there were leaks at the compressor, and discharge hose.  You were then notified, and it was recommended that you replace your A/C system.  You declined further repairs. If you have any other questions or we can help you in any way, please let us know. Sorry if there was any miscommunications.

RL
Robert L.
Arizona
08/28/2017 Category: Service
Robert said the business did not do anything to resolve any dissatisfaction. It took a full week to receive a quote but the repairs were fine.

08/28/2017 Category: Service
Robert said the staff stated they would give him a quote the day he dropped the vehicle off. He did not receive a call back, so he called in several days later. They still did not have the quote. It took a full week to get the quote. The actual repair was fine.
Denise E., Office Manager from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 09/25/2017

Robert, we truly apologize for the miscommunication.  Our Driveshaft area was in a quandary as there was a personnel emergency in that department.  We are glad we were able to get you taken care of. Thank you for your business.

520-884-0217
Denise E., Office Manager from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 10/02/2017

Robert I apologize that the situation was a little out of our control, but there should have been better communication on our part.  Glad that you were satisfied with the work, when it was completed.  Thank you for your business.

DA
DAN A.
Jeep CJ5
05/22/2017
Leaks, Leaks and Leaks.
So I bought a Jeep CJ5 that someone spent two years restoring. One of the final things the prior owner did was have Simmons 4X4 install a re-manufactured Jasper 6 cylinder motor. After I bought the Jeep in March 2017, within the first like 1000 miles I noticed oil dripping from the rear of the motor. I took it back and they confirmed what I thought, that the rear main seal was leaking, so they pulled the transmission and the oil pan to fix this. When I got it back, the clutch was not operating correctly, but the jeep was already scheduled to go to another shop to have a fuel injection system installed as I thought the jeep was always running rough, so I thought it was inherent with the carburetor, that was a stock piece. Well when the other place went to put the fuel injection system on, they quickly discovered that there was an intake manifold leak, which would explain why the jeep always ran rough, but I already had committed to a $3100 fuel injection system. The jeep was sent back to Simmons to have the intake leak fixed, which turned out to be the casket. After that the jeep was sent back to the other shop to finish up the injection system. When the injection system was all done, I had to go take the Jeep back to Simmons so they could get the clutch right. All of the Simmons stuff was done under warranty with Jasper, but it was a pain that should not have been encountered with a re-manufactured motor. So I was moving to Colorado within about two weeks after getting the Jeep back so when I got to Colorado, I noticed a great deal of oil all over the bottom of the Jeep, so I crawled underneath to find out that the leak was coming from the front of the oil pan. I proceeded to take a socked to the bolts on the pan only to find out about a third of them were loose and one of the bolts is stripped or the block is stripped where the bolt screws into it. Now I need to find a Jasper repair facility near Ouray Colorado, which I have no idea as to how that is going to go and I'm still trying to clean all of the oil residue from the bottom of the Jeep. I paid a great deal of Money for this Jeep thinking that the motor would be trouble free, but needless to say, this has not been the case.

WB
WILLIAM B.
Jeep Cherokee
09/01/2014
Hmmmm.
My last visit was a strange one. I'm unsure if I provided clear enough needs for my vehicle (in need of, I was sure, a neutral safety switch). It was my only day to have the car worked on before I left on a trip Friday. I was told however, I would get a call around 11 (I provided two working numbers). At 12:30, having received no call, I did ring, and left my name and inquiring about status of the vehicle with someone who said everyone was out to lunch. I did not receive a call. At 4 PM I realized I better call as the shop closes at 5 (I realize perhaps, the understanding was my vehicle was to stay there Thursday, but it's my daily ride so I needed it). The person I spoke with mentioned some miscommunication about the engine cranking when it died (it did not crank, so wasn't sure what that was about). Basically, I had a full evaluation done on my car on what needed fixing, but at that point I was left with no time to actually have it fixed. I wound up taking it to a mechanic friend in my neighborhood as well as to Brake Masters, so my trip was saved. I think communication was lacking in this case.
Jerry S. from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 09/22/2014

My name is Mike Gabrielson.  I am the Service Manager at Simmons 4x4.  I want to apologize for any miscommunications we may have had while your vehicle was in for service.  I have been out of the office for the last month with a health concern, so the staff was a little overworked while I was out.  Communications between customer and shop is critical in the automotive repair process, so it is something we are constantly striving to improve.  Thank you for your feedback!

BC
Brian C.
Nissan Maxima
04/07/2014 Category: Service
Brian said he took his vehicle to another facility and they found more problems with his vehicle.