Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

DAVID R.
Rio Rico, AZ
12/02/2018
not happy
i had a death wobble in my 2010 jeep wrangler,, i took it in and paid over 1,000 to get it fixed
lasted maybe a few months ,, ken your service advisor said it was something additional another almost
300,, again it only lasted a few weeks death wobble was back

i took it to 4 wheel parts and they put and a 320 stabilizer bar and took care of the problem im very upset
i should be refunded for something

david ramirez 520-223-3338
Denise E., Office Manager from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 12/04/2018

David,

Back on 02/19/18 you brought your jeep in for a possible death wobble and wiper repairs. We addressed your concerns and made repairs.  On 09/25/18 which is over 7 months and 6100 miles later, you came in for other repairs NOT related to a death wobble.  Then on 10/30/18 which was over 8 months and 7200 miles after the death wobble was addressed you came in for the death wobble returning.  We did some testing at no charge to you and found a broken heim joint that we replaced at a little less than $135.00, you also had other services that brought the bill to about $200.00.  You called back and made another appointment for 11/05/18 saying there was still a wobble.  You never showed up for your appointment, there would have been no charge for testing.  We are sorry you are upset, but you did not give us the opportunity to address your concern.

Denise E.
Simmons Automotive
520-884-0217

EO
Edward O.
Tucson, AZ
04/27/2017 Category: Service
Edward said this was his first time in and he was told his vehicle would be ready on Friday. That did not happen so he had to miss two days of work.
Jerry S. from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 05/08/2017

I am sorry that your vehicle troubles left you without a way to and from work.  As you are aware, my driveshaft repair technician was out of the office sick, so no repairs could be performed until his health permitted him to return to work.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Thank you for your business!

AMANDA S.
Vail, AZ
Jeep Cherokee
07/14/2016
Over the month my vehicle was at Simmons we had some miscommunication that added to the cost and time the vehicle was there. At the end we were able to come to an agreement. Also the door handle was broken when I picked the vehicle up.
Professionally run but need to listen to customer a little better.

BK
Braden K.
Arizona
Lexus ES 350
02/22/2016 Category: Service
Braden said he was not happy with this business. He noted one of the employees, front desk attendant, was being rude and did not answer all questions when asked. Due to reasons already stated, he would not recommend this business for service.
Jerry S. from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 03/03/2016

I am sorry hear that you were not happy with the service provided at Simmons 4x4 Auto.  In reviewing your concerns I recall that you came in asking for us to work on your vehicle.  Our schedule was full and you could not leave the vehicle so you purchased a battery over the counter instead.  Sorry that our schedule did not allow us to work on your vehicle when you showed up, but pre-scheduled appointments always take priority at Simmons 4x4 Auto.  I hope you were able to get your car back on the road safely.

DENNIS S.
Amado, AZ
08/31/2015
need another smoke test
Looks like I'll need to come back and maybe run another smoke test. It started the 'whoosh' sound after third stop on way home. You were closed already and my ride back south was already back south. I did some testing with my hand vacuum pump, but didn't find any breaks.
Jerry S. from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 09/08/2015

Thank you for making me aware of this.  We have since gotten in touch with you, discussed this problem, and have the vehicle back in the shop being tested to determine what's causing this intermittent "whoosh" noise.   We will get to the bottom of it!

Daniel H.
Tucson, AZ
10/08/2014 Category: Service
Daniel said he was charged for repairs that were never done to his vehicle. He uses them for all his repairs.
Jerry S. from Simmons 4x4 Automotive Repair Center responded on 10/14/2014

I am struggling with this a little bit.  This is a driveshaft only invoice and customer was charged for installation of a carrier bearing ONLY and a carrier bearing was installed.  Do not know or understand what the issue is with this repair.