RL
Rachel L.
Des Moines, IA
07/02/2019
Never again
I can't give -0- stars or I would. Blew a rear wheel cylinder on an '05 Dodge Dakota. Quoted me $1300 to replace both wheel cylinders, both sets of shoes and both drums. Told me their shop rate is $107 per hour. (Just shy of a typical dealership rate). Parts for the work would have been $575 with 100% mark up, but another $725 in labor??? It doesn't take 7 hours to replace the rear brakes on ANY vehicle. Disgustingly and obscenely overpriced. "We could reuse the drums and drop the price to $827". STILL too damn high. I thought they would be reasonable since the location closer to home that's associated with it is more reasonable. Big NOPE! Steer clear!

Amy M.
Des Moines, IA
06/05/2019
Wish I never would have had my car towed there
My car stopped running and would not start and I needed to have it towed somewhere to be fixed. Smith's was suggested to me and at first it seemed fine. Until I got the estimate for replacing the alternator. The owner told me he never completed an inspection on my vehicle the first day. The second day I went as soon as they opened to ask about the over 100% mark up on parts. The owner, knowing that he would already be charging $85 for towing and $107.38 for "looking at it", tells me he needs to keep the lights on. Clearly they are having no problems with that and charging what they do I can see why. He then said we don't have to fix it. So now I am into them for $200 and would have to pay to tow it down the road where it would have been nearly $300 cheaper so it would be a wash. Do you think that anyone talked to me about the other things I asked them to look at on my vehicle? Or even inspected it as I was promised - no. I had to call there to find out my vehicle was even done.
This place is a huge rip off and I don't understand why anyone would go here unless they have disposable income.