Latest Review almost 2 years ago

LV
Lisa V.
Pleasant Hill, IA
10/19/2016
Awesome, friendly & reliable service! They are my go-to auto service team.
Awesome, friendly & reliable service! They are my go-to auto service team.

LW
Logan W.
Altoona, IA
08/04/2015
We go there for quality. Not to be called a liar.
We have been going to Smiths for a couple of years for all maintenance on our vehicles, save a few oil changes. Usually the service is top notch and we are fine with paying a little more for the quality of service and honesty of the staff. This trip however failed on both accounts. My wife took our van in to get an oil change and brakes serviced. Bill called back to let us know the brake situation and reccomend new front tires, which we purchased. Upon completion of the services, my wife picked up the van and on the short drive home, a Christmas tree of dashboard lights came on,flickered, and came on again. My wife brought the van back to the shop where she was told that the lights were on when the vehicle was brought in. This was not true. Then someone walked her to the van and showed her the reasons why the lights were going on and off and again stressed that the lights were on when brought in. She was shown the service sheet, and the light was written down as the last entry. This was not explained over the phone as a problem when the other repairs were reccomend. Insinuating that we were lying about the lights Smiths provided the sensor part and repair begrudgingly even thought we would have paid for a repair. We are incredibly disappointed in the customer service and the bush league action the we would expect from the lower quality shops that we thought we were avoiding.