Hello Nathaniel. I am sorry you felt like your experience was bad. You brought us a car that had been wrecked requesting to get the air bag light off so the car could pass a State Inspection. We were told an airbag module had been replaced along with an airbag. The air bag system had 4 active codes, 2 for roof rail airbags, a low battery code and a drivers seat pretensioner code. When we diagnosed the airbag system we found the roof rail air bags deployed and stuffed behind the interior trim. You were contacted as to the problem and we gave you a price to replace the roof rail air bags first and then to further diagnose the issue of the driver seat pretensioner as this could be a connector issue. once the roof rail air bags were installed we found that the driver seat pretensioner was indeed bad. We informed you of this and you told me that i could probably get the part cheaper than you could and to go ahead and fix it. We replaced the seat belt pretensionerand performed a State Inspection on your vehicle. We did not charge for the State Inspection. We feel you were well informed along the way as to what repairs were needed. We do admit that we did not discuss price on the driver's seat pretensioner but you did approve the repair. When your son came to pick up the car he questioned us as to whether or not you had approved the repairs to which the answer was yes.
I believe we have handled this repair in a professional manner. We certainly would not have made any repairs without first discussing it with our customer. I believe there was a communication gap between you and your son. In fact I'm not 100% sure who left the review as your names are the same. I hope we can serve you in the future and thank you for leaving this review.
Gary Barnes - MGR
Shannon brought his Infiniti G35 to our shop to have some suspension work performed. His vehicle had been sitting for about 3 months and he had been trying to sell it. He admitted he was having trouble selling it due to the fact the suspension had been lowered and nobody was inerested in the car with it being lowered. He inquired about bringing the vehicle back to normal ride height. We gave him a couple of options which included replacing the front struts, rear struts, coil springs front & rear along with the mounts front & rear. These would be new parts with a 24,000/24 month warranty. This repair would have cost about $2300.00. Option 2 would be to use salvage yard parts to include front strut asemblies & rear coil springs. Shannon chose option 2. He did ask about ride quality and what kind of warranty would be offered. We told him we could guarantee the parts for 30 days not to come apart or fall off of his vehicle. As for ride quality we could not give a warranty because we would be using salvage yard parts. He asked how long the job would take and we told him that as long as we could get all the parts we should be able to give a one day turn around time. We proceeded checking with the salvage yards in the area. The parts came from 4 different yards. The first two salvage yards actually pulled the parts to find out that the cars had lowering sruts on them. This caused a delay trying to find the right parts. While we were still searching other salvage yards we attempted to contact Shannon. Long story short it took from Wednesday to Friday just to locate the parts we needed. As we received parts we installed them. The last strut we needed arrived Friday but it was missing part of the mounting plate. We called the salvage yard to see if they had the mounting plate but they could not locate it. We searched for a used mounting plate but could not locate one. We had to get a new strut mount and that had to be ordered. Shannon seemed to be in a rush to get his car back the entire time we had possesion of it up until it was ready. I would like to add we had to jump start this vehicle everytime we had to pull it into the shop.
We did the best we could do being at the mercy of several salvage yards. The cost of this repair was $1225.03 which is considerably less than $2300.00.
Shannon picked his car up on Tuesday after being jump started and after being encouraged to go straight to the gas station (the fuel gauge read empty) he turned the opposite way of the closest gas station out of our parking lot. He returned on Wednesday complaining of the vehicle stalling. We advised him we would need to do a diagnosis and he agreed to that. We scanned the engine computer to find 2 codes. One code was for the engine overheating. It turns out the cooling fan doesn't work. The other code was for a large evaporative emission system leak. That could be several things from a loose gas cap to a bad canister vent valve. The main problem though was the battery. Until the computer system has good battery voltage it will never work poroperly. We were able to sell Shannon a battery. The bill for the diagnosis and replacement of the battery was $288.55. The vehicle ran great after that but the cooling fan was still not working. Shannon did not want to make a repair for that however.
I think Suffolk Alignment did the best we could with what the customer was willing to spend to bring his car back to normal ride height, being at the mercy of several salvage yards and dealing with a bad battery the entire time we had the vehicle. I can only hope he reveals all of the hidden problems with the car to the potential new owner when he sells it.
Gary Barnes - MGR