08/31/2018
It was ready when they said it would.
When I went to pay for my service to my vehicle the man in the air conditioning office acted like I was a bother to him. Even seemed a bit rude. Who was that guy. I really hope he is not the owner. He needs people skills. I am the customer. The manager and the woman was real nice and seemed concerned to help everyone. I didn’t like dealing with the man in the office.

GC
George C.
12/26/2016 Category: Service
George said they told him they would give him a ride home but he had to walk home.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 12/28/2016

George, If you can remeber we were very busy on the morning you dropped your car off. I said I would take you home and I would have if you had been a little more patient. Suffolk Alignment offers rides to our customers as a courtesy. However, sometimes it is not always convenient when we have customer after customer coming in first thing in the morning when we open. Sorry you chose to walk home. We would have driven you home had you been a little more patient with us under the circumstances. Thank you for your business.

LP
LINWOOD P.
Toyota Avalon
11/06/2016
need to return
hello, my wheel balance is not correct, ..this has happen before and i had to bring it back....now i have to return again this week for corrections... maybe different people balance diffently

SL
Very professional

Charisse C.
Chesapeake, VA
09/10/2016 Category: Service
Charisse said they assessed her vehicle and were not able to make the repairs. Consequently, she was charged a service fee. She was not informed of the service fee ahead of time. She wasn't happy with that. She does recommend this business for service, however.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 09/13/2016

Charisse scheduled an alignment on September 8, 2016. After a test drive of the vehicle we inspected the suspension to see why we heard a roaring noise and some popping noise when hitting bumps.  After a thorough inspection we determined that both upper ball joints had excessive wear and both front hub bearing assemblies were worn causing the roaring noise observed on the test drive. We showed the customer the worn parts and provided an estimate to make the repairs. The customer declined the repairs saying she just had those parts replaced along with the brake pads and rotors in July 2016. I showed her that the ball joints and hub bearing assemblies looked aged as compared to the brake pads & rotors which looked new. Charisse says we were not able to make the repairs. That is not true. What is true is that Charisse declined the repairs. On September 12, 2016 Charisse called complaining that her vehicle is now making more noise than when she originally brought it to us for an alignment. We advised her of the repairs she needed from the previous inspection and offered to re-check and show her the parts she needs at no charge this time. She admitted that she didn't really know what we were showing her when we performed the original inspection on September 8. The service fee in question is for the test drive and the inspection of the steering and suspension along with the professional advice provided to the customer about her needed repairs. The service fee may not have been verbally discussed, however it is posted in 3 conspicuous locations in the customer waiting area. An alignment was never performed due to the worn parts on the vehicle. It is our duty as an automotive repair facility to provide services to keep our customers safe while operating their vehicles on the streets and highways. I feel we offered that service although the customer declined.

RL
Ralph L.
Norfolk, VA
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Ralph said it was not nothing spectacular and they got it fixed.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 09/13/2016

I'm not quite sure how to respond. This customer showed up to our shop with a right front brake caliper dragging causing the wheel to get hot and put off a burning brake pad odor. We offered an estimate to make the repairs. He accepted. We replaced the right front brake caliper & hose, added the necessary brake fluid and test drove the vehicle after the repairs. I have not heard back from this customer so I have to assume everything is working as needed. I appreciate his business and hope he returns when he needs further repairs or service.

STARINA W.
Dodge Intrepid
03/23/2016
Friendly but not experienced
Spent 1300 and still didn't get car right. But seemed to be friendly people.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 03/23/2016

I am responding to your review. The $1250.00 you spent was for suspension/steering work and 2 new tires. I don't believe that is an issue toward the review. I believe the issue is the repair for the coolant leak. We replaced the coolant bleeder on top of the engine that was broken so badly that i could stick 3 fingers in the broken hole. The leak was so bad there that we had to replace it. That repair was $267.74. Once that repair was made we also found that the water pump is leaking. It was impossible to verify that until the other leak was fixed. Your Dodge Intrepid has a 2.7 litre engine that has a water pump driven by the timing chain system. It takes special tools and procedures to replace the water pump on that vehicle that we are not equipped to do. We recommended that you take your car to the dealer for that repair. I would like to add that with 185000 miles on your vehicle it is wise to replace the timing chains & guides while the water pump is being replaced as they have to be taken apart any way.
I don't think it is fair to say we didn't get your car right after spending $1300.00. The majority of that amount was for suspension & steering related repairs. We did not completely fix your coolant leak issue. We did explain why we couldn't and kindly referred you to some one who could. I believe we did as much as we could for you given the type of vehicle you own. Independant repair facilities like ours are not always equipped to handle every repair on every vehicle. I do apologize that we are not equipped to handle your repair on the water pump. We hope to serve you in the future. Thank you, Suffolk Alignment.

PS
PATRICK S.
Volkswagen Passat
02/07/2016
Need to work on customer service skills.
Please ask before u perform work. Also I asked the guy to inspect the leak in the windshield washer reservoir twice and it was never addressed.

Corey S.
Infiniti M35
01/14/2016 Category: Service
Corey said this business had the alignment done fast, but his vehicle still pulls to the left.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 01/20/2016

We called Corey and asked him to bring his car back to us to see if we could resolve the issue of a left hand pull. We rotated the tires side to side on the front and the car started pulling to the right. This indicated that the tires are the issue and not an alignment issue. After talking with Corey we decided to try putting the rear tires on the front. This cured the pulling issue. Corey told me he had a l/f wheel bearing replaced at another shop and they had damaged the l/f ABS sensor. They replaced the sensor but did not clear the ABS code. While the car was in the shop we checked Corey's ABS light (at no charge) to find a bad l/f wheel speed sensor which had just been replaced by another shop. Corey said he would take the ABS issue back to the shop that had done the repair. Corey, I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve your pulling issue.

BD
Brian D.
Chrysler Town
01/06/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Dana. She said she had an appointment at 11:30 am and she was told it would be ready in an hour so she went and had lunch. She called because she could see that her vehicle had not been moved. They told her a lot of people waited until the last minute to get their inspections done, which was not her fault so her vehicle did not get done until 3:30.

Justin H.
12/15/2015 Category: Service
Justin said this business was not overly friendly and they did not greet him when he arrived.

Joey L.
10/13/2015 Category: Service
Joey said he would recommend this business for an alignment. He brought his vehicle in to have the height changed and they told him it could not go higher. He took his vehicle home and was able to change it himself, so this was a disappointment.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 10/15/2015

Joey, we apologize if we made a mistake in how your lowering kit on your Honda Civic operated. Having made changes to your ride height at home has changed your alignment. We will gladly recheck your alignment at no charge to ensure you get the best tire wear possible for your car. We look forward to hearing from you.

Jerry H.
03/09/2015 Category: Service
Jerry said the business took a bad tire off and put it on the other side of his vehicle. They did a wheel alignment as well and charged him without his consent to do so. When he took his estimate to another business, they told him he did not need an alignment and they did not do all of the work. They should not have done the alignment without his permission, especially if it was not necessary. He would not recommend them over this issues already mentioned.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 03/11/2015

Hello Mr.Howell,
I am responding to the review you left for your recent visit to Suffolk Alignment.  We performed an alignment on your 2010 Ford F150 truck.  The alignment was slightly out of specs in relation to the front toe-in.  Nothing in the alignment indicated the vehicle would have a pull.  Your truck came into our shop with a pull to the right.  We then rotated your front tires from side to side to see if the pull would change. It then pulled to the left. When you picked your truck up I mentioned the issue with the tire and suggested a new set or at least 2 new tires to correct the pulling problem. You returned to the shop complaining that you still had a pull. I pointed out the conversation we had when you picked your truck up and also that the same information was on your repair order/receipt.  I also offered to rotate the tires again to prove to you that the tire is causing the pull in your truck. You said that wasn't necessary and that you didn't need proof.  If you are still having an issue with your truck pulling I will gladly show you why at no charge to you. Your tires are getting some age on them and with that comes ride and performance issues. We have been in this business for 34 years and we certainly didn't last this long doing bad work. We have a good reputation in the area as a repair and alignment facility and want to make things right with you.  If I can be of any further assistance on this or other matters please feel free to contact me.  Thank you for your business and I look forward to some type of response.
Sincerely,

WB
WILLIAM B.
GMC Safari
02/24/2015
4 Wheel ALignment
I came in for a four wheel alignment. It was nice of your mechanic Rep to tell me that my idler arms needed replacement. The quoted price was $333.00. I thought the price was a little out of range and was able to get another mechanic to do it fo$220.oo. I was charged a rack fee of $27.00. I have had work done on my vehicle before and it was great, but this time I was able to get the repair done for $110.00 less. The price of your transmission flush was a great deal , but the idler arms replacement was not. I would still recommend friends for transmission flushes as my car ran better after that service.
Gary B. from Suffolk Alignment & Car Care responded on 03/12/2015

Hello Mr. Benson, I am replying to you and the review you left based on your recent visit to Suffolk Alignment.  Our pricing was for 2 idler arms and an alignment on a GMC Safari van.  We use quality parts with a 12 month guarantee on the particular parts quoted for your vehicle.  We also offer parts with a lifetime warranty but that comes at a greater cost to us and the customer. We feel our prices are competitive with other shops in the area.  I am glad you have your vehicle fixed and that it is safe on the road again.  I don't blame anyone for wanting to save money on anything we may encounter in life. The important thing is your vehicle is repaired. If your repair didn't include an alignment then that needs to be done. We certainly hope we haven't lost you as a cutomer and hope we can serve you in the future. Also, please give us the opportunity to at least price match the competition. I thank you for your business and this review.  Please feel free to contact us further on this matter.
Sincerely,