4.6

Joseph S.
11/15/2019
THE WORST EXPERIENCE!!
WORST EXPERIENCE.... I ever had with a vehicle repair shop! Surgical Auto Repair specifically advertises that they SPECIALIZE in repair of specific luxury cars. The 1st name specified is BMW to which I own and brought to Surgical Auto Repair for an issue concerning my car shutting off and failing to start. After leaving my car for 24 hours, I had to call the shop, and pay them a visit just to get a follow-up/response about what was being done, because NO one reached out! The answers were very Vague and undetermined even after 2 to 3 days for a shop to claim they SPECIALIZE in such cars. MANY EXCUSES were given during correspondence like : Our Internet was down so we didn't our information to contact you. Our SCOPE machine that diagnoses your particular car is out for repair, leaving me to WAIT a few more days for my car, (while their shop equipment is being serviced elsewhere.) Another time there was a Family emergency to which NONE of my calls were returned for 2 days. And EVERY TIME my car was in their possession/care they kept it parked on the STREET instead of securely in their facility UNACCEPTABLE AND CARELESS. Finally after picking my vehicle after 4 days and paying Surgical Auto over $1500.00, the car STALLED after 20 minutes of driving, and was NOT DRIVE ABLE!!! HUGE INCONVENIENCE AND DISAPPOINTMENT! They picked up the car, kept it another few days, and when I picked it up the 2nd time, in another 3 days IT STALLED AGAIN, leaving me stranded AGAIN! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SURGICAL AUTO REPAIR! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have any issues with the work performed under the 1 year warranty because I DO NOT wish to return to that shop to be jerked around again! I've since been to another repair shop to "winterize' my car where they had Excellent sense of urgency, efficiency and much more reasonable prices. That should be a given!

Kate M.
05/29/2019
Don’t go
Moved to area and encountered issue with our steering. Took it to them and it was a huge repair to steering and Sandra must have called me 5 times with all sorts of other repairs. I agreed to do another major repair (shocks) simply because the steering issue was such a big job I asked wouldn't my labor costs be less if you have to go so far in to the car. She asked husband and agreed that it would take time off! So I had to ask.

Then we finally pick up after delays on estimate. Drive off and there's an awful noise. Took it back and "oh we put wrong screw in".

3 months later another issue with original complaint. Steering! Sandra claims this is a different issue. though her receipt tells us to watch the steering fluid ? Well guess what there's a hole in hose. How is it she cautions that and then within a short time I have that problem. Was the first $2,000 repair even necessary?

Kate M.
05/29/2019
Terrible $2,000 and still have problem

John F.
Yonkers, NY
10/21/2018
Avoid this auto shop
This phony mechanic shop is run by two women that sit at a desk and talk on the phone all day long. When I called them and ask if they can fix my Chrysler Crossfire they said sure no problem. I come to find out they do not have any mechanic at least I've never seen one in the three months my car was there. When they get a car that needs repairing they call in a mobile mechanic. My car was there for a simple fix, ignition jammed and key broke off in the cylinder. For 3 months I waited for them to find the correct parts with no luck. I went on eBay and found the part in one day. They installed the part and I told them to take the chip out of my old key fob and put it in the new key fob and don't program it. Of course these two women think they know everything and they try to program a chip that has already been programmed to my car they ruined the module and the chip, $2,200 worth of damage. I can't prove that they broke in it and so I can't sue. The best I could do is ruin there reputation.

UM
Uqm M.
New City, NY
06/04/2016
Bait & Switch
I went for an oil change based on an advertised special. I called and told the receptionist I wanted to take advantage of the special and told her the year and brand of my car. I also handed in the flyer when I arrived for my appointment and was assured that everything was included. Their special specified a tire rotation with an oil change which I wanted. <br> <br> I showed up promptly at 9 am for my appointment. After an hour's wait my car was finally attended to, then I was slapped with a bill 75% more than the advertised special. I paid, then objected and was offered a discount on my next oil change as refunding me would cost them $35. If doing business means gouging your customers, I certainly won't be returning. I know many mechanics who charge less for an oil change and tire rotation and certainly don't claim it costs them an arm and a leg to do a refund -nobody would do refunds if it cost that much. Thanks for a terrible experience. Never going back.