White Bear Lake Tires Plus

Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5rating 4.33
4.3

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

ST
Steve T.
01/31/2019
Terrible experience
Worse service I have EVER had had in my life. Sat in the waiting area for three hours to have two tires changed out. Not even an apology for the time it took. Worse yet my wife was stranded on the side of the Chaska highway with a “flat” tire eight hours later. NEVER coming back to this shop EVER again!!!!!!

Jose M.
06/23/2016
Unreliable work
Took my boat trailer in to have bearings replaced. Less than 500 miles in the bearings are loud and failing. Store did nothing to review work. Took cap off and claimed I had water inside. Told me I should be adding grease to the bearings which I do.
Their recommendation was to add a bearing buddy. Bearing buddies don't work on sure lube systems. My recommendation is you find a different store.

JOHN H.
Vadnais Heights, MN
Honda Accord
02/28/2016
Not Happy
The main issue I have had serviced is still not fixed after three attempts. Brakes. Need to talk to manager.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 03/03/2016

John,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback so we can make changes to better serve you. I am very sorry the problem was not fully solved on your first visit. I thank you for giving us a chance to resolve the issue for you. Thanks again and we appreciate your patience in resolving this situation. Have a great rest of your week.

SCOTT W.
Hugo, MN
Chrysler
02/18/2016
$300 for a front end alinement!!!!!!
This was obviously you guys just trying to charge me for items I didn't need. Went to another shop and got front end alinement done for $50 dollars. I'm very disappointed by this being a long time customer.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 02/19/2016

Scott,
I apologize for us not properly explaining the reason we asked for the additional dollars to align your minivan.   There are three angles to a normal alignment, camber, caster, and toe.   Your caster was good, your toe was only slightly off, and your camber was out.   The tire wear angles consist of camber and toe, however the camber cannot be corrected without replacing the camber bolts.   These leaves only adjusting the toe setting and as stated your toe was only slightly out of adjustment.   The total toe was actually in specs, but the steering wheel was slightly off center.   This all leads the you only doing true alignment by actually replacing the camber bolts.  If we had properly explained this you had the choice of doing a proper alignment as described, simply setting the toe to straighten your steering wheel, or nothing at all since setting the toe was not going to change any tire wear issues.   Again, we apologize for not properly explaining this.

ROBERT C.
Mercury Villager
02/14/2016
They lied about repairs
I was told my car needed a knock sensor. after my oil was changed it ran beautifully. The engine light never came on. What crooks.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 02/16/2016

Robert,

I do appreciate your feedback in regards to your service on the 6th of February. To make sure you know we only ran the check engine codes at no charge to see what the computer in your vehicle was suggesting to be done. After this we cleared the code for you. This does not mean that the problem is fixed. Eventually the light may come back on causing the vehicle to have the same symptoms yet again. We only suggested to you what the computer in your vehicle suggested to be done. Our goal is to never suggest parts that are not needed. If you have any questions feel free to contact the store. I again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we hope to see you in the future.

ET
ELENA T.
Mercedes-Benz ML320
01/31/2016
Customer service
Terrible appointment scheduling and bad attitude from CSR named Scott. Write up was done by Steve, who was nice and professional, then he left for the day and CSR Scott, who took over the duties, was very abrupt, disrespectful and dishonest, has no people skill, wrong person for the job.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 02/04/2016

Elena,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit. I thank you for reaching out to Steve on the phone yesterday to explain more of what you experienced. My name is Scott as well and I am sorry for the service that our sales rep Scott had given you. It is uncalled for and will never happen again. Again if you ever have any questions please contact myself or Steve and we will be happy to assist you. Again I appreciate your feedback which helps us make changes to better serve our guests.
Have a great day!

CHRISTINA B.
Pontiac G6
07/13/2015
Didn't fix the problem after 4 visits!
I went there 4 times for a leak in my tire, and each time they told me a different story. The third time they told me i needed a new rim, and i got one and my tire was flat the next day. They told me there was no leak and they just resealed it. It was flat the next day, so i took it to another tires plus who said the tire was cracked and had bulges and warrantied it out for a new tire for free. The white bear lake one just didn't want to give me a new tire. Don't go here!
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 08/04/2015

Christina,

My apologies in regards to your experience. There had to be a breakdown somewhere and I hate to see it take time out of your day. I have taken this instance and spoke with my technicians to make sure this never happens again. I appreciate the feedback and hope you have a great rest of your summer.

JEFFREY R.
Infiniti G35
05/14/2015
Only reason i go there is bc i can walk back to aparments
I got an oil change and asked if they could check the front and rear diff. oil and the trans. oil levels. After they were done changing oil they called and mentioned that i should change out all the oils that i asked them to check and it would cost $340. I said no (bc i was going to parents house the next week where i can change it myself) but when i went to pick it up car the said the levels where low and never made any attempt to top them off?? also i asked if they went in greased and zirks while changing oil and they said that they did... nope they didn't when i changed my trans. and diff. oil the next week all zirks were still covered in a thick layer dirt and other build up. Lastly and thankfully when i went to remove trans. oil pan to change gasket, the oil filter was leaking?! luckily when i checked the dip stick for engine oil level, looks like they over filled it anyway bc it was still over the max level point.

JOHN M.
Chevrolet Silverado
02/19/2015
Time???
Why does it take an hour and a half just to change a tire? The tire in question was one I had previously bought from Tires Plus three months ago.It had a big bulge in it. They gave me a $20 discount on a new tire. Why can't they just have a person to do oil changes and tires.It was a two hour wait the time before. I was told discount tires have better service. I will go there next time.

CG
CORY G.
Coon Rapids, MN
Chrysler 300
10/04/2014
Bad service
After breaking the oil dipstick ring off in the tube the tech tried to blame it on me. Even after I explained that the hood hasn't been up since they did the last oil change. They proceeded to tell me that they didn't have those records. "this isn't the 1st time that they have lost my records" After admitting to breaking the ring, the manager starts complaining that this was a dealership item only. As the manager is running to get the part, the tech comes in and explains that he has messed up the stick that's still in the tube and possibly the tube. After the oil was changed I was instructed to come back on Monday, so they could order the tube. An employee contacted me shortly after leaving to let me know that the part wouldn't be in until 10am on Monday and we made the appointment for that time. I received another call Monday morning to setup that same appointment at 10am and the employee then tells me it would be another hour just to get the car in. After all of the bad service and the several attempts to blame me and tell me I was going to pay for their mistakes, even after they said they would pay for it. I'm finished dealing with this location and possibly Tires Plus all together!

PL
PETER L.
Oakdale, MN
Nissan Sentra
10/02/2014
What's a CVT?
Even though my appointment was for a radiator and CVT transmission flush, they could not perform the transmission flush, as Nissan has a "special tool" that we don't possess. Counter clerk didn't even know w hat a CVT transmission was, or whether they had the proper fluid!!! It then took 3 staff to get the check processor to work. The last time I went to a Tires Plus they way overfilled my auto transmission fluid. I think I have finally learned.

MIKE C.
Ford Econoline
08/15/2014
Not happy!
They said there alignment machine was broken. When I picked up my vehicle, I found out there was a bad bearing and they didn't want to fix it because they "don't like doing it".