White Bear Lake Tires Plus

Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5rating 4.33

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Latest Review about 2 months ago

BROCK S.
Minneapolis, MN
04/13/2016
Long wait time, below average service, poor worksmanship
Waited in the lobby for 2.5 hours for a tire change. The old weights on the rims to balance the old tires were roughly scraped off leaving unsightly glue/residue. Had to ask for a discount for such a long wait time.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 04/20/2016

Brock,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. My apologies on the long wait time. I appreciate you letting us know how we can better your experience for next time. Have yourself a great rest of your week.

DE
DEAN E.
Hugo, MN
04/05/2016
Efficient but not very friendly...
When I walked in the door, the two fellows at the desk did not acknowledge me in any way for several minutes. One person was seated in the waiting area, but I was the only one standing there. One of them was on the phone... the other was busy punching keys on the computer. Later, as I observed the team interacting with each other (shop and office staff), it was clear that they were not real happy about being there. I felt bad for them. I guess work was just work for them that day. The service was otherwise very business like. They did the work quickly. In the end, no serious complaints.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 04/08/2016

Dean,

It was great to chat with you in regards to your situation. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience to help us better things for the future. Have yourself a great weekend and we will see you again soon.

DON R.
Circle Pines, MN
Chevrolet Silverado
01/19/2016
Over committed; left messy
Was in for oil change and alignment. Dropped truck within 15 minutes of open, and left truck for the day. Wasn't done by closing time. Never got a call with an update. Never checked or performed an alignment. Didn't clean up oil from where it pooled on skid plate, so it puddled on my garage floor. Would normally recommend this shop, but not this time.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 02/04/2016

Don,

I am sorry for the lack of communication with you on your last visit. I appreciate your feedback to help us make sure your future visits go smoother. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at any time.

JOSH R.
North Oaks, MN
Acura RSX
04/26/2015
service was great but there was oil everywhere
The oil change was great but I had to spend 30 minutes cleaning out the inside of my car when I left. Whoever drove my car got oil on the inside of my car door, on the door handle, steering wheel and all over the shift knob.

CR
CHRIS R.
Pontiac Vibe
03/24/2015
Lack of communication and experience
I came in for a cooling change for my car that has a Toyota engine and told them the new bottles of coolant are in the back of my car. When I picked up the car and opened the radiator it was full of clear water. If i left for the night my engine would have been ruined in zero degrees. Recently came in to have a front bearing replaced. Mechanic broke the bearing twice and finally the master mechanic put in the third one correctly.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 03/27/2015

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad we could take care of these issues for you. If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me. Thanks and look forward to seeing you again soon.

MA
MARK A.
Kia Soul
03/10/2015
poor sales
I purchased a set of four tires on Monday March 2, 2015. I asked the rep if he had any specials on tires, he just checked out my vehicle and gave me prices, and I swallowed. He didn't tell me about the large leader board outside saying $40 off a set of four tires. I didn't notice the leader sign until later, but was told by neighbor that it was there.
Matt J., President- Operations from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 03/11/2015

Mark,

I am very sorry that pur sales associate missed the promotional discount for you!  Scott is reviewing this with his sales team and will get you your refund ASAP.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention- we will make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you for your business!

LR
LISA R.
Hugo, MN
GMC Acadia
01/15/2015
Takes too long
2nd time in a row, I had an appt scheduled and took well over an hour to get just my oil changed. However, friendly staff.

NH
NICOLE H.
Frederic, WI
11/18/2014
Bad time frame for oil change
I have been bringing my car there for some time but was not happy with this last visit. I dropped car off around 8:45 and mentioned I would be back between 11:30 and 12:00pm to pick car. I didn't get there until after 12:30 and noticed car was just going into stall and when went in side a young gentleman informed me that there has been a two hour to three hour wait all day and asked me if I had a appointment but I said that didn't matter due to the car had been there already past three hours. I did end up getting a free oil change but didn't get to take advantage of the free items with my coupon. I may be looking else were next time my car is due for a oil change.
Matt J., President- Operations from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 11/25/2014

Nicole,

I am very sorry for the slow service.  With the recent snow, our stores have become extremely busy.  We have been running every employee 12+ hours/ day and many of them 7 days per week to try and keep up.  The sales staff should have communicated the wait time better to you when you dropped off the vehicle.  I know Scott, the store manager, has tried to get in touch with you; we would really appreciate the opportunity to make the situation right for you.

JIM G.
10/14/2014
very cold & slow
Made to wait when no cars being worked on.
Almost an hour for oil change, because that is their "standard" wait time.

TK
TOM K.
06/14/2014
Cannot get things done right
Just cannot get things done right the first time, and its simple things - my guess would be poor management/poor training.
DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 06/25/2014

Tom,

I am glad we could talk in regards to your experience and shed some light on solving it. I appreciate all your feedback and look forward to working with you in the future. If you ever have any questions or feedback never hesitate to contact me.

Scott Kennedy

JOHN K.
Chrysler
05/23/2014
Tire Rotation & oil change
Dropped off in AM, picked up after work. I am very satisfied and will be back as usual.
John Kurkoski

05/23/2014
Tire Rotation & oil change
They rounded out one of my lug nuts and then wanted to charge me $70 to fix it. So I did not have it done. Tires Plus caused the issue and then they want me to pay for it. I'll probably go elsewhere from now on.
Matt J., President- Operations from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 05/29/2014

John,

I spoke with Scott and he said you will be in Monday to have the stud repaired at no charge.  I'm very sorry for the communication issue and trust we will be able to get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

President- Operations

DENNIS KNAPP &., General Manager from White Bear Lake Tires Plus responded on 06/02/2014

John,

It was great speaking with you and I am glad we could resolve the issue with your van.

Thanks again,