Huntingtown, MD
Chevrolet Caprice
09/11/2018
Repair work seems to be going down.
Car brought in nearly a month ago; fixed one thing but in the process Town Square broke something else. They made two attempts to fix what they had broken and they had my car for three weeks. I drove it one day and what they fixed lasted about a half an hour's drive and then broke again. Really disgusted and upset.
Paul B., owner from Town Square Auto responded on 10/14/2018

Unfournately customers dont realize that a 28 year old vehicle can develop problems that can make them very hard to repair because of the lack of supporting parts supply.This vehicle was brought in because of a driveability problem meaning hard start running poorly anyway we repaired for around $230.00 dollars the customer brought to our attention that the shift indicator was not working so as always i assume responsibility to take care of the issue we glued a small piece to the mechanisim that makes the indicator work.Twice we tried so anyway in order to fix properly it needs a new steering column to blame us for this problem would be like getting your car painted you pick it up and the transmission stops moving the problem is out of the service providers hands.We tried to fix the car but we were never at fault the customer never tried to offer to pay for the repair or work it out to help esch other no instead you cancel the payment why we are spending valuable time trying to locate a column.All i have to say is you have choices to take your car wherever you wish and i suggest you exercise that right obviously we are not deserving of taking care of your car needs but in closing all local service bussinesses im sure have the same philosiphy as i do that is they will bend over backwards to help but it is a two way street and at the pace this country is going we are doing to be harder to find then all you will have is amazon,ntb,dealerships and malor chains that there employees have no skin in the game and at that point everyone is going to wonder what happened to those guys down the street we trusted so much.

PAUL BRESNAHAN
OWNER
301-832-0937

MATT R.
Toyota Sequoia
11/01/2017
Inexperienced
I took my sequoia in for new tires and tpms sensors to be installed, they found inner tie rod to be worn out. Got it replaced, they did alignment, installed tires and sensors. Had problems with an air leak. Got truck back, I've had the sensors go off on the truck about every two weeks, come to find out the were not tight or they over tightened then and now leak air at stem, one sensor they put some kind of sealant to stop it and a different nut on it. Wheels wobble at normal speeds as well. Never going back, rather pay alittle more to have it done right

JASON R.
Honda Accord
02/23/2016
Town Square is Terrible
Pretty sure they are entirely populated with criminals. Avoid.

Sincerely,
Jason Reese

DEBBIE C.
12/28/2015
Questioning whether to return
We had always gotten good service at Town Square and Paul really helped us out when we had problems with a replaced transmission, but the last couple of services have raised concerns. It seems as unneeded maintenance is being pushed now. The shop called and said the front pads needed to be replaced. I had recently looked at the pads and they were fine. I declined the service. When we got the car home I pulled the front tires and the pads have 50% of the material remaining. This was after not finding the wheel lug key in its packaging in the glove box, I had to call and was told the key was in the cup holder where the mechanic found it. It is always in the glove box. A previous maintenance unneeded repairs were pushed. Finally, we had a coupon for 29.95, but were charged 38 and the charge was done via paypal instead of the regular credit card machine. Not sure why the shop has changed, but it raises concerns.
Paul B., owner from Town Square Auto responded on 12/29/2015

CALLED CUSTOMER THEY ARE BRINGING BACK TO HAVE US SHOW THEM WHY THE BRAKES WERE WORN AND EXPLAINED WHY WE SWITCHED TO PAY PAL I THINK THAT THEY WERE SATISFIED WITH THE EXPANATION