ReScore Reviews‚ĄĘ (3)

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667
Latest Review almost 2 years ago

Jerad B.
North Salt Lake, UT
09/07/2017 Category: Service
Jerad said the staff was trying to over charge him by $900. They didn't diagnose the problem correctly.

Jenifer H.
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/17/2015 Category: Service
Jenifer said there was a staff member at this business who was trash talking about her to the driver that came and picked up her vehicle. She would not recommend them as a result of this.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 07/28/2015

I have talked with Jenifer telling her that there was no trash talking about them by us. The tow truck driver was upset about the key not being in the car and that the customer was trying to get the tow at a lower price, and that they also wanted to pay the driver with a credit card. I told the driver that we  had dealt with Jenifer in the past and she was great to work with. We are sorry for any misunderstanding that may have happened causing any hard feelings or distrust to Jenifer or her family.

RON H.
Infiniti G35
02/21/2015
We need our car fixed
We previously stated we spend >$800 on our car and after these repairs are car makes a terrible noise which it did not make prior. The manager has called my husband and stated he would take care of however we are waiting for Tunex to call us back to get the repairs done as promised. We have used Tunex in Draper for 10 years.. I hope they keep their promise
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 03/10/2015

I have talked to Ron about his car and he stated that he will bring the car back in at his earliest convenience to have us recheck the vehicle at no charge.

Ron brought the vehicle back in the issues were adressed and the car is no longer making the noises and the customer is satisfied with his service.. We are grateful to our customers for their loyalty and allowing us to make things right.

RON H.
Infiniti G35
01/31/2015
Very disappointed
Unfortunately I am very disappointed in my Tunex experience. My family has used Tunex for 10 years or so. We had several mechanic shops inform us we needed rotors. We decided to use Tunex for this service. Tunex called and stated brakes and rotors were need about $400. Then they called and stated the car was making a noise now. We stated the car had no noise prior to them working on it. They stated the Wheel Bearings needed repair also which was an additional $300. The bill came to $785. When we picked the car up it made so much noise we were afraid to drive it. We returned twice and were told an additional $1600 was needed for struts. Today a week later we took it to another shop ..... they stated struts were fine.. prior work was the issue. I am sorry to say we will never go to Tunex again. or recommend it to our family and friends.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 03/10/2015

I called the customer about the complaint discussed with him that if he wouldl bring the vehicle into me that i would be happy to recheck the vehicle for free. Ron stated that he will bring the vehicle back in for us to reevaluate it at his earliest convenience. I apologized to Ron for the inconvenience this has caused.

KH
karmalyn h.
Riverton, UT
Chrysler Sebring
09/25/2014
I like the people there,
However I have had to bring the car in 2 times because the check engine light keeps coming on. When I get the car back it stays off for a day or two and then comes right back on. I don't think they really know what's wrong with it. I'm just wasting my money on it. I'll have to take it somewhere else to see if they can get the light to stay OFF!!!
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 10/10/2014

The first time Miss Hancock came in she had a code for the evap leak detection pump. The next time she came back the code was for an evap leak. We removed the gas tank free of charge, to  check evap lines. We found that a line had come off. We called and talked to Miss Hancock and she said she will bring it over to have it rechecked as soon as she has time also at no charge.

Kyle B.
Sandy, UT
Nissan Sentra
11/21/2013 Category: Service
Kyle said he took his vehicle to this business and they were not able to repair the issue he had. He took his vehicle to another business and they were able to repair it for $20.

CR
COURTNEY R.
Sandy, UT
10/26/2012
Fixed their wrong
I was able to speak to the manager and he was able to fix the mistakes that were made. Unfortunately sometimes one employee can made an entire business look bad. Big thanks to the manager for fixing what happened. I will return in the future as they are usually knowledgable.

10/26/2012
Unnecessary repairs
I'm extremely UNsatisfied with my Tunex experience. they are very nice people. I will give them that. I got my coils replaced back in May and over the summer one broke, so I went back in and the nicely replaced it. Now, October, my cars starts acting up again. I take it into them and they check they coils "looks great" so they do some valve adjust and I pay nearly $300 and drive off to a car that doesn't make it a 1/4 mile before it starts dying again. It dies all the way home. So the next morning i'm forced to rent a car and leave my car at some stranger mechanic (viking automotive) and they do their check and guess what! A coil was bad! Fixed that and now my car is running perfectly, NO thanks to the $300 valve adjust from tunex. I do have to say that Tunex did send one of their mechanics to where my car was to deliver the coil, which was convenient, but doesn't make up for the repair that had nothing to do with the problem. This is just my story. I had told my family members who were complaining about their service that they'd been awesome to me, so I kept taking my car there. I won't anymore. I will also recommend people take their car elsewhere. With that said, I think this article sums up whether Tunex was sucessful http://bit.ly/S7K63V
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 11/07/2012
Called and spoke with Cortney and we have resolved the issues she had the time of service.