Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667
Latest Review almost 2 years ago

Jerad B.
North Salt Lake, UT
09/07/2017 Category: Service
Jerad said the staff was trying to over charge him by $900. They didn't diagnose the problem correctly.

Jason K.
Lehi, UT
Honda Accord
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Jason said the business told him he needed a new fan and thermostat for his air conditioner to start working again. However, the next day he noticed a wire was unplugged from a fan and everything worked fine when he plugged it back in.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 08/11/2017

Jason I do have to apologize about our mistake. I have talked to my technician. He said that he checked the fuse and relay and had power on the circuit for the fan. he did not notice the fan was unpluged. He recommened the thermostat because the car had been overheated. I do apolagize for the mistake and any inconvenience.

RQ
Rodoigo Q.
Salt Lake City, UT
06/05/2017 Category: Service
Rodoigo said the business was quick but they were too expensive.

Jeff M.
11/29/2016 Category: Service
Jeff said the business took a long time. He stated he does not think the service was done correctly because the vehicle still pulls to one side. He had an alignment performed.

LW
Lance W.
Salt Lake City, UT
Nissan 300ZX
07/14/2016 Category: Service
Lance said the business got the job done, but the employees were poking around his vehicle and doing things he did not ask them to do. He would like them to talk more about what they are doing to the vehicle before they do it.

John D.
Chevrolet Blazer
04/06/2016 Category: Service
John said the service he received from this business was too expensive. He stated he would not recommend the business for this reason.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 04/18/2016

John brought his vehicle in for a diagnostic. We checked over the vehicle and found several issues the customer declined to repair the vechicle at this time.The customer was charged a diagnostic fee for looking over the vehicle. We strive to be very competitive with our pricing at the same time to provide the highest quality parts and service available to our customers

Jenifer H.
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/17/2015 Category: Service
Jenifer said there was a staff member at this business who was trash talking about her to the driver that came and picked up her vehicle. She would not recommend them as a result of this.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 07/28/2015

I have talked with Jenifer telling her that there was no trash talking about them by us. The tow truck driver was upset about the key not being in the car and that the customer was trying to get the tow at a lower price, and that they also wanted to pay the driver with a credit card. I told the driver that we  had dealt with Jenifer in the past and she was great to work with. We are sorry for any misunderstanding that may have happened causing any hard feelings or distrust to Jenifer or her family.

Brook H.
Ford Expedition
07/02/2015 Category: Service
Brook said he did not think the prices were right. He did some checking on fixing his vehicle, the parts needed cost no more than $300 total. They were billing him for $1,200 which is telling him they are charging him $900 in labor. He knows it only takes two hours to fix. He does not think it is right. Unless they get their labor rates down, and quit trying to take advantage of their customers, he would not recommend them to others. As far as courtesy goes, the staff member he was talking to was satisfactory.

RON H.
02/21/2015
We need our car fixed
We previously stated we spend >$800 on our car and after these repairs are car makes a terrible noise which it did not make prior. The manager has called my husband and stated he would take care of however we are waiting for Tunex to call us back to get the repairs done as promised. We have used Tunex in Draper for 10 years.. I hope they keep their promise
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 03/10/2015

I have talked to Ron about his car and he stated that he will bring the car back in at his earliest convenience to have us recheck the vehicle at no charge.

Ron brought the vehicle back in the issues were adressed and the car is no longer making the noises and the customer is satisfied with his service.. We are grateful to our customers for their loyalty and allowing us to make things right.

RON H.
01/31/2015
Very disappointed
Unfortunately I am very disappointed in my Tunex experience. My family has used Tunex for 10 years or so. We had several mechanic shops inform us we needed rotors. We decided to use Tunex for this service. Tunex called and stated brakes and rotors were need about $400. Then they called and stated the car was making a noise now. We stated the car had no noise prior to them working on it. They stated the Wheel Bearings needed repair also which was an additional $300. The bill came to $785. When we picked the car up it made so much noise we were afraid to drive it. We returned twice and were told an additional $1600 was needed for struts. Today a week later we took it to another shop ..... they stated struts were fine.. prior work was the issue. I am sorry to say we will never go to Tunex again. or recommend it to our family and friends.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 03/10/2015

I called the customer about the complaint discussed with him that if he wouldl bring the vehicle into me that i would be happy to recheck the vehicle for free. Ron stated that he will bring the vehicle back in for us to reevaluate it at his earliest convenience. I apologized to Ron for the inconvenience this has caused.

KH
karmalyn h.
Chrysler Sebring
09/25/2014
I like the people there,
However I have had to bring the car in 2 times because the check engine light keeps coming on. When I get the car back it stays off for a day or two and then comes right back on. I don't think they really know what's wrong with it. I'm just wasting my money on it. I'll have to take it somewhere else to see if they can get the light to stay OFF!!!
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 10/10/2014

The first time Miss Hancock came in she had a code for the evap leak detection pump. The next time she came back the code was for an evap leak. We removed the gas tank free of charge, to  check evap lines. We found that a line had come off. We called and talked to Miss Hancock and she said she will bring it over to have it rechecked as soon as she has time also at no charge.

KG
Kody G.
Subaru Impreza
05/14/2014 Category: Service
Kody said this business quoted him a very high amount for what he needed done to his vehicle, so he went somewhere else to get the job done. He would not recommend them for the reason mentioned.

Jacob T.
Chevrolet Colorado
03/25/2014 Category: Service
Jacob said the price was high. They said his vehicle was unsafe to drive. It took 1 hour to change the pin rods and they charged $90. He stated he could do it in 30 minutes and felt ripped off. He would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.

LO
Lauara O.
Utah
Hummer H2
01/24/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with John. He said there was no resolution. He chose not to elaborate on the issue. They gave him honest response and did a nice job.

01/24/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with John. He said Lauara was disappointed because they could not resolve the issue and they referred her to another business.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 02/01/2014

Contacted customer they were referred to us from another shop. When taking the survey the customer thought that they were surveying the other shop. Customer stated he would be happy to fix the misunderstanding and redo the survey.

Kyle B.
Sandy, UT
Nissan Sentra
11/21/2013 Category: Service
Kyle said he took his vehicle to this business and they were not able to repair the issue he had. He took his vehicle to another business and they were able to repair it for $20.

Steve M.
Toyota ECHO
10/21/2013 Category: Service
Steve said he went in to have them repair his air conditioner at 8:45AM. He initially was told the work would only take one and a half hours but this business ordered the wrong part, which made his wait longer. He finally got his vehicle back at 12:30PM. He got a better deal because the part they wound up using was more expensive but they charged him the price of the original part that was wrong. They did not communicate to him about the delay and he had to go ask them what was going on. He would not recommend them to others based on this experience and the reasons mentioned.

Justin L.
Pleasant Grove, UT
03/12/2013 Category: Service
Justin said the business charged him twice as much as they quoted. He said the alignment they completed doesn't seem to be correct, because now the vehicle is pulling to the side. Justin would not recommend or return to the business based on the previous reasons.
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 03/27/2013
Do to partical aftermarket lift kit adjustments to alignment were made as close to manufacture specification as possible. Customer was notified of additional charges to make adjustment prior to alignmet. note:Customer needs aftermarket upper control arms to correct any more issues or adjustment to vechicle.

CR
COURTNEY R.
Sandy, UT
10/26/2012
Fixed their wrong
I was able to speak to the manager and he was able to fix the mistakes that were made. Unfortunately sometimes one employee can made an entire business look bad. Big thanks to the manager for fixing what happened. I will return in the future as they are usually knowledgable.

10/26/2012
Unnecessary repairs
I'm extremely UNsatisfied with my Tunex experience. they are very nice people. I will give them that. I got my coils replaced back in May and over the summer one broke, so I went back in and the nicely replaced it. Now, October, my cars starts acting up again. I take it into them and they check they coils "looks great" so they do some valve adjust and I pay nearly $300 and drive off to a car that doesn't make it a 1/4 mile before it starts dying again. It dies all the way home. So the next morning i'm forced to rent a car and leave my car at some stranger mechanic (viking automotive) and they do their check and guess what! A coil was bad! Fixed that and now my car is running perfectly, NO thanks to the $300 valve adjust from tunex. I do have to say that Tunex did send one of their mechanics to where my car was to deliver the coil, which was convenient, but doesn't make up for the repair that had nothing to do with the problem. This is just my story. I had told my family members who were complaining about their service that they'd been awesome to me, so I kept taking my car there. I won't anymore. I will also recommend people take their car elsewhere. With that said, I think this article sums up whether Tunex was sucessful http://bit.ly/S7K63V
Michael J F. from Tunex Draper responded on 11/07/2012
Called and spoke with Cortney and we have resolved the issues she had the time of service.

BV
Bruno V.
Land Rover Range Rover
12/08/2017 Category: Service
Bruno said the business was great.

NS
Nicola S.
Hyundai Santa Fe
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Nicola said she was very happy with the service. She came in unexpectedly, and the staff told her to come back in the morning. When she dropped her vehicle off they gave her the price of the service before working on the vehicle. They did what they said they were going to do and they called her when it was done.