Overall Rating 4.2500025/5Overall Rating 4.2500025/5Overall Rating 4.2500025/5Overall Rating 4.2500025/5rating 4.2500025
Overall Rating 1.7499975/5rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975rating 1.7499975

Acura MDX
07/12/2019
Nice enough people, but we cannot recommend this repair shop
We made an appointment for service weeks in advance, but suggestions for additional related services were made on the day of that work, delaying all of the services by several days. Our car repair work was finished late, and then we had to return twice (so far) to have that work fixed so that our car could continue to operate. The final bill was higher than the original estimate. We will not be taking our cars to this repair shop again in the future.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 07/15/2019

Thank you for letting us know about these concerns your having with your last service with us. We do strive hard to keep our repairs on time and under our quote, however sometimes we miss that mark due to unforseen issue's, your vehicle repairs were exstensive and that is why we stayed at work untill 9:30pm wednesday night in order to get it finished for you and your wife. Unfortunately we did lack in our cleaning of your vehicle and therefore there was residual Transmission & steering fluid . As far as the bill being a little higher there are instances where we can not know that there may be a part that has to be replaced, in this case 3%. Again we are sorry for any incovienece these items may have caused you...Thank You - Wes

RYAN M.
Richland, WA
Toyota Camry Solara
08/18/2018
Late for work
I made a 9 am appointment for just an oil change at least a week in advance. I had to be at work at 10 and I didn't even receive my keys until 10:10. Usually this place gets me in and out - so I'm on the fence about returning.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 08/20/2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience.  Unfortunately sometimes we do run a little behind and we are sorry this affected you.  We were not aware that you had to be at work at 10.  We do hope you will return in the future and if we know you need to be somewhere at a certain time we will do everything in our power to get you there on time.

TK
TERRI K.
06/08/2018
Reserving my review until I see if they back up their work
Originally impressed; got my son's car in quickly when other shops could not squeeze it in. Several up-sells; a couple I agreed to do and was happy to pick up a running vehicle so I scheduled my own car for service the next week. I had been experiencing some minor issues like occasional rough idle and smell of fuel in cab. The day after I picked up my son's car, he was having the exact same problem we took it in for but it would come and go and it still dies in motion, randomly. The day before my appointment, a couple warning lights came on so I just dropped it off the night before. Quite a few more up-sells; of course they sell the service so it isn't like I didn't agree to it but if I had it to do over again, I would ask to have the proximate issue fixed first before we talk about all these extra operations. When I went to pick up my vehicle, I mentioned my son's vehicle has the same problem they supposedly fixed and the response was "oh that's too bad". I was kind of expecting "let's take a look at that" so instantly I realized concern. Then right away, my car's warning light was back on; the "Electronic Throttle Control". I still have to speak with them about it so I have to reserve my review until I see how it goes; I'm hoping better than it did with my son's car. So, I'm into them for just under $2000 and both cars have the exact same problems that I went in with. I do get that to a degree, automotive repair is like human repair, trial and error until you find the real problem and I don't expect anyone to work for free but there also comes a time when you expect shops to back up their work and prove they are really capable and sometimes that means acknowledging that they didn't get it right. I will let you know how it goes from here.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 06/11/2018

We sincerely hope that you will bring your vehicles back so that we can look at them again.  There will be no charge to you for any further diagbnostics.  We do offer a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on any work we do.  Please let us know the most convienent time for you to bring in your vehicle.

Thank You and we look forward to resolving these issues.

PH
Pam H.
04/11/2017 Category: Service
Pam said she spent over $3000 on the repair but it was not done correctly. She was very disappointed.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 04/12/2017

PAM THANK YOU VERY MUCH TIM FOR THE FEEDBACK. ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED, SO WE WON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE. AGAIN THANK YOU FROM ALL OF AT USA BRAKE AND AUTO REPAIR.

WR
Wendy R.
Lincoln Navigator
12/28/2016 Category: Service
Wendy said that while the mechanic she dealt with, Brent, was absolutely amazing, the person at the front desk was rude and condescending. She said he acted like they didn't know anything because they were women. She said they couldn't get the panels back on her vehicle, and they weren't able to find the problem she originally brought the vehicle in for. They advised her of work that needed to be done just because of the age of her vehicle, not because those things were broken or needed to be fixed. Several of the things they told her needed to be done on her vehicle she had actually done the month prior. She would not recommend this business.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 12/28/2016

THE ORIGINAL COMPLAINT WAS AN ELECTRICAL CONCERN WITH THE BLOWER MOTOR STAYING ON WHEN THE KEY WAS TURNED OFF.  WHEN THE CUSTOMER DROPPED THE VEHICLE OFF THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE REMOVED THE BATTERY CABLES,  IN TURN RESETTING ALL THE CONTROL MODULES.  WHEN THE TECHNICIAN WORKED ON THE VEHICLE THERE WERE NO FAULTS NOTED,  CONNECTED THE VEHICLE TO OUR DIAGNOSTIC MODULE,  NO FAULT CODES STORED, PENDING, OR IN THE VEHICLE HISTORY.  THE HVAC SYSTEM AND BLOWER MOTOR WERE ALL OPERATING AS DESIGNED.  IT WAS EXPLAINED THAT WHEN THERE IS A ELECTRICAL CONCERN WITH A VEHICLE IT IS BEST TO LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL A TECHNICIAN CAN REVIEW THE CONCERN,  REMOVING A BATTERY CABLE PUTS THE COMPUTERS AND CONTROL SYSTEMS INTO A RESET MODE.  WE ALSO ADVISED THE CUSTOMER THAT IF THE CONCERN RETURNS TO PLEASE RETURN RIGHT AWAY SO WE COULD REVIEW THE CONCERNS WHILE THEY ARE HAPPENING AT NO FURTHER CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER.  ALL OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE VEHICLE WERE RECOMMENDED FROM OUR FREE VEHICLE AND SAFETY INSPECTION.

Byron M.
02/23/2016 Category: Service
Byron said he was really unhappy with this business. He stated that he felt like they were not treating him well. Also, the mechanic told him his vehicle's brakes did not have air in the line when they did and he ended up doing them himself at home.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 02/25/2016

We are very sorry that your last service was not up to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do the rectify the situation.

Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 02/25/2016

We are happy we could meet an understanding with you over the phone with Mirko the business owner. We will refund the full service performed.  Thank you for being a customer at USA Brake and Auto Repair. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

RO
ROXANA O.
Volkswagen Passat
01/06/2016
Kind of disappointed
There actually good doing oil change in 25 minutes with a appointment but this time they took over an hour
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 01/07/2016

We are sorry that the last visit took a little longer that the last times you have been in. Thank you however for being a loyal customer to USA Brake and auto repair.

MIRANDA H.
Hyundai Tucson
03/30/2015
Came up with new "problems"
Usually a great place for an oil change, when dealing with the owner. However, he wasn't there this last time, and the technician that worked on my car found all of these new "problems" to charge more money. I definitely will not go back unless the owner is there.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 03/30/2015

I am so sorry to hear that Miranda.  We are able to schedule appointments on line .  I look forward to seeing you soon !

Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 03/30/2015

We understand how valuable your time is, and are happy to announce USA Brake & Auto Repair is now accepting Appointments!
Our goal has always been to provide you with top service, and getting you back to your life.

Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 04/03/2015

DEAR MIRANDA,

WE ARE SORRY THAT YOU WERE DISPLEASED. WE PERFORMED YOUR OIL CHANGE AND WHEN THE TECH CHECKED YOUR AIR FILTER THE AIR BOX WAS FILLED WITH CAT/DOG FOOD. WE CONTACTED YOU AND YOU AUTHORIZED US TO REMOVE THE AIR BOX AND CLEAN OUT ALL THE FOOD. WE ALWAYS HAVE YOUR SAFETY IN MIND WHEN RECOMMENDING REPAIRS AND THIS REPAIR WAS NOT ONLY A SAFETY ISSUE THIS COULD HAVE CAUSE ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS. WE ARE SORRY THAT YOU FEEL MISTREATED. I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT YOUR REPAIR WAS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST. WE WILL HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE.

JEFF G.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
01/11/2015
Inconsistent service.
They stated the car was out of oil & recommended a dye test. In reality the car had a fresh oil change & the info confirming it was on the sticker located on the front windshield. They also failed to reset the engine light after a gas solenoid replacement.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 01/13/2015

DEAR JEFF,

WE ARE SORRY THAT YOU FEEL DISSATISFIED WITH OUR. SERVICE. YOU CAME IN AND REQUESTED A BRAKE INSPECTION THAT WAS PERFORMED FOR FREE, AND TO HAVE YOUR PURGE SOLENOID REPLACED. WE PERFORMED BOTH OF THESE SERVICES FOR YOU. UNFORTUNATELY, WHEN YOU REQUEST SERVICES AS SUCH, WE DO NOT DO ANY ADDITIONAL REPAIRS WITHOUT YOUR APPROVAL. WE DID NOT DIAGNOSE YOUR EVAPORATIVE EMISSION SYSTEM. WHEN WE PERFORM A EVAPORATIVE EMISSION TEST ON YOUR VEHICLE A COMPLETE INSPECTION OF THE FUEL TANK, LINES AND COMPONENTS ARE ALL TESTED.  THERE IS A CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. AS PROPER INSPECTION OF YOUR VEHICLE WAS NOT REQUESTED, WE DO NOT JUST CLEAR LIGHTS FOR CUSTOMERS AS THIS WAS NOT REQUESTED OR INQUIRED ABOUT THIS PROCEDURE. WE ONLY RESET LIGHTS THAT WE CAN ASSURE THAT THE REPAIRS ARE CORRECTLY PERFORMED. AFTER REPAIRS OF THIS SYSTEM HAVE BEEN PERFORMED, THE SYSTEM TEST TAKES IN EXCESS OF 20 MINUTES TO PERFORM. UNFORTUNATELY, WE CANNOT JUST DO THIS SERVICE WITHOUT CHARGING YOU AND IT WAS NOT REQUESTED. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM AND RESET YOUR LIGHT AS LONG AS THE INSPECTION AND REPAIR HAVE BEEN PERFORMED. WE ARE SORRY THAT YOU FEEL THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THE PART YOU REQUESTED. AS FAR AS THE NO OIL ON THE DIPSTICK, AND THE RECOMMENDATION OF DYE AND FURTHER INSPECTION WAS A RECOMMENDATION AS OF 4/11/2011, HAS THIS SERVICE BEEN PERFORMED? WE WILL BE HAPPY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVICE RECORDS EVEN IF YOU DO YOUR OWN REPAIRS. PLEASE UPDATE WHAT SERVICES YOU HAVE PERFORMED WITH YOUR VEHICLE. YOUR SERVICE RECORDS ARE BENEFICIAL TO KEEP UPDATED AS OUR RECORDS ARE REPORTED TO CARFAX. IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OR STOP BY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, AND THANK YOU FOR COMING TO USA BRAKE AND AUTO REPAIR.

TYSON M.
Cadillac Eldorado
06/17/2014
Misleading
Got in very quick and got free coffee++. Had coupon for 22.95 oil change. The final bill was doubled. Due to them saying the cost of the oil filter was 9.50. I can't see any other regular oil filters costing less. I was in the waiting room and they informed me a filter was in the way but not about the extra price. Come on I'm sitting right there! On my dipstick it says 5 qrts. I was charged for 6. I don't see how I quart of oil and even if the regular oil filters are cheaper it can't be by much and why the extra qrt? For $44+ I'll just keep my business in Richland
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 06/18/2014

Tyson we are sorry that you misunderstood the oil change on your vehicle.  The coupon is for up to 5 qts of oil and it states on the coupon that it is for most makes and models.  We did tell you that the filter was going to be extra and told you that this vehicle took 6 qts.  We again for the misunderstanding on your oil change and do not want to loose a customer.  If there is anything we can do to fix this please give us a call and we will do what we can.  Thank you for your review.

TC
THOMAS C.
Mercury Capri
06/16/2013
it just to be better
you could have fixed but didn,t even try
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 06/17/2013
Thomas we are sorry you feel that we didn't try and fix your vehicle. We looked all over to try and find the hose for your vehicle. We would have to have more time with your vehicle to try and get it fixed properly. We thank you for your business and hope we can make things better next time. If there are any questions please feel free to contact us anytime!

LEANNE S.
Hyundai Accent
01/22/2013
They took the time to explain
I was unhappy at first glance at the bill buy once the cost were explained to me I understood what the charges were and the wookmanship is very reliable. I believe that USA auto is an honest merchant and a good place for the inexperienced auto maint & mechcanical person to take a car just pay close attention to the details that are explained regarding the bill and you will be happy!

01/22/2013
I wonder
I received an estimate for about five different things needing to be done on my vehical . I choose to have three completed the two left off were about $200. but when I pd labor cost remained the same . No these were in no way connected to each other
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 01/23/2013
Leanne we are sorry that you were unhappy with the service. As I explained to you when you picked up your car, the labor charges were for the 30k service, which included spark plugs, labor for the spark plugs, cabin air filter, and labor to replace the cabin air filter which the total for that was 93.16 plus tax in labor charges. There are no labor charges for the Fuel Injection service and the power brake flush, these services are at a set price. The two items you did not want done was the coolant flush and the tranny flush and those are a set price and there are no labor charges for any of these either. Your total on your invoice was $352.21 for everything stated above. We tried calling you yesterday to talk to you about everything but you have not called us back. We are sorry if you misunderstood what was done and we here at USA Brake strive to make our customers happy. If there is anything we can do please feel free to contact us and hope we see you again. It would be nice if you could rescore us. Thank you for your business and again sorry for the misunderstanding.

OG
Olton G.
06/05/2012 Category: Service
Olton said he did not like the manager. He said he will not be coming back.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 06/09/2012
I'M SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY. YOU CAME IN WITH YOUR BMW AND WANTED THE $24.95 OIL CHANGE. YOUR VEHICLE REQUIRES FULL SYNTHETIC, I WOULD NOT RISK DAMAGING YOUR VEHICLE. AGAIN WE HERE AT USA BRAKE AND AUTO REPAIR ARE SORRY ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL.

BA
Brittney A.
WA
05/23/2012 Category: Service
Brittney said there was no initial dissatisfaction with the business.

05/23/2012 Category: Service
Brittney said when she dropped her vehicle off for repairs she asked this business to check her fluid levels. She explained on her way home to Tacoma today her vehicle blew up because there was no oil in it. She pointed out the oil was bone dry, her vehicle died, and she had to take a train the rest of the way home. Brittney added, she doesn't blame this business 100 percent for her vehicle blowing up, but they didn't check the fluid levels as she asked them to do. Because of the above, she won't recommend this business.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 05/30/2012
WE ARE SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY BRITTNEY. WE DIDN'T WORK ON YOUR ENGINE, WE SOLD YOU 2 USED TIRES FOR $30. YOU WERE 3 QTS LOW ON OIL SO WE TOPPED IT OFF, YOU WERE ALSO 2QTS LOW ON ANTIFREEZE SO WE TOPPED THAT OFF AT "NO CHARGE". WE EXPLAINED THAT THERE WERE NUMEROUS OIL LEAKS THAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED. YOU DECLINED TO DO ANY REPAIR AND YOU EVEN REFUSED AN ESTIMATE FOR THE REPAIRS NEEDED. BUT AGAIN WE ARE SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY.

TL
Tim L.
Richland, WA
01/23/2012 Category: Service
Tim said he did not like the way he was treated by this business. He would still recommend them.
Mirko M., Owner from USA Brake and Auto Repair responded on 01/28/2012
Hello Tim. We just want to apologize for the way you were treated here at USA Brake and Auto Repair. We had a slight miscommunication which in result effected you. We promise to do better in the future, hope to see again - from all of us at USA Brake and Auto Repair.