4.4

Continue reading recommended reviews

EV
Edward V.
Schertz, TX
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
07/27/2020 Category: Service
Needs improvement in communications
Improvement in communicating with the customer when a job is taking long

EA
Elizabeth A.
Castroville, TX
07/23/2020
Commercials
The woman in the World Car commercials' dresses are NOT appropriate.

LaRaye M.
03/09/2020
trying to find my first car
Went in on a Tuesday to look at a buick enclave, due to my credit I was not able to get the buick. was told if I find something within a certain price, I could still use my same down payment. Found a nice vehicle in my price range,
before I went in I asked my sales person if I was able to get the car
he said yes it's in the price range and as long as I still had my down payment of 2,000 I went in test drove the car, and loved it. so I told my sales person that I wanted the car, got the info on how much my payments would be. I was excited... Then someone came and told me that the owner did not want to arpprove me for that car,but will approve for a 2015 Nissan for 3,000 down. So needless to say I did not have the 3,000. But I did have the 2.000 for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata that I liked. But I had to walk away with out a car, I was so disappointed. But I will give my sales guy Jordan 5 stars he was awesome..

YO
Yolanda O.
01/02/2020
Robert was awesome, the others were sleazy
Typically salesmen/women tend to be rather sleazy. I did not expect to come across anyone that would show me otherwise. I knew what I wanted and was only interested in finding the exact car. I was not looking at a particular dealership. I only ended up at WorldCar because I had seen online that the car I was looking for was there. However, ROBERT WAS GREAT and proved me wrong. He was unlike all the other salesmen/women there or at any other dealerships. He actually listened and heard what I was saying . He understood what I was looking for. He understood that I was not interested in or open to anyone trying to sell me any other vehicles because I had done months of research and knew what I wanted and I was not going to budge. I visited numerous dealerships & encountered many sleazy sales people but after meeting Robert at WorldCar Hyundai in Live Oak (he was the first person that we met there) I refused to work with anyone else whether it was there or at any other dealership. So it wasn’t much the dealership, but the individual that ensured that I give them my business. I stopped looking at other dealerships because Robert was the only salesperson I had come across that I trusted & he did not act like a sleaze-ball, unlike all others that I encountered during my search, including his co-workers that tried to take the sale from him, saying they HAD to work with me, and when my significant other stopped by on my behalf to see if the car had arrived a woman named Yesenia claimed to have been working with me the entire time even though I had never spoken to any sales woman there or any other dealerships. I was annoyed, but Robert had been the only one that didn’t act money hungry so I didn’t want to work with anyone else and I returned to the dealership to complete my purchase. The individual that prepared the financial documents, Javier, was a complete jerk. He was sleazy as expected and tried to add packages without asking & without my consent. He was livid that I was reviewing the documents rather than just signing. He threatened that I take what he said or leave the car in attempt to push me to sign. Javier was completely disrespectful to both me and my partner because we actually read the documents and asked questions about the charges that he was adding. Fed up we left but Robert had made a great impression so we returned the next day. They removed the additional unnecessary packages/charges that Javier had attempted to add without asking/informing us about, but since he, Javier was preparing the financial paperwork, he tried to manipulate/steal from us again when he claimed the monthly fees were higher that what they should be with the corresponding APR. We corrected him and he claimed it was an error [conveniently enough, Javier would have received an additional $1800 with his “minor error” so I highly doubt it was an accident.] After seeing all of Javiers sleazy tactics I was close to going elsewhere, but Roberts helpfulness, honesty, genuineness & excellent customer service had truly stood out and made up for the financial associate’s unethical sleaziness. Because of the impression that Robert had made we decided to stay, just made sure to be very cautious and to review everything before I signed. If anyone is ever in need of a car, I will always recommend Robert, not because of the dealership but because Robert listens and he works hard to help you find what you want/need. [Due to the hassle I received from Javier and attempted manipulation from the other sales people I would have rated the dealership with one star being there is nothing lower, but Robert deserves 10+ stars so it is only because of his EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE that I do not give the dealership the lowest ranking. It’s not the dealership I recommend but Robert, HE IS AWESOME! If anyone is looking for a car and wants genuine honest answers & help instead of dealing with money hungry sleaze balls, make sure you work with Robert!

DO
Diana O.
01/02/2020
ASK FOR ROBERT

Jaime C.
12/26/2019
What's the deal?
Stopped by to schedule service appt. Was told to call a phone #, when I asked to make the appointment there in person was told again that i have to schedule over the phone or on line.been trying on line for 35mins and nothing accomplished, try over the phone & they keep sending me to new car sales.the oil changes & tire rotation included in the purchase of 2 new vehicles at the same time means nothing when i can't get a single person willing to give me a service appt for my vehicles

FR
Francesca R.
Cibolo, TX
11/20/2019
Management needs training
I sold my 2013 Hyundai Veloster to the dealership on a Saturday afternoon. After waiting two and a half hours, I got all the paperwork signed and turned over the title over they told me the business office is closed and I could be paid. The manager promised me on Monday but Monday afternoon I waited an hour and a half for the manager to say that the lady that cuts the checks "called in sick." I demanded to speak to a manager high than him and he said there wasn't one. I contacted them yesterday Tuesday and still NO CHECK! It has been three days and I haven't got a dime so don't sell your car to these people unless the check can be cut after signature.

FC
Frank C.
09/20/2019
All promise until service!
Bought a 2018 Elantra. Love the car not so happy with the dealership.
There is a bubble in the paint on the hood. The service attendant said paint was covered under warranty and he would schedule an appointment to get it repaired. The service manager then came out and told me they did not have a body shop so they will not provide a repair. I said since when did a lack of a body shop negate my warranty. HE WALKED AWAY WITHOUT A WORD.

If you are serious about buying a Hyundai maybe you should talk to Red McCombs dealership!

Meechy H.
09/19/2019
Check engine light misfire
My check engine light came on. But let me back up I’ve been complaining about the same issue with how the vehicle is driving since last December. But since the check engine light wasn’t on and when test driven the issue wasn’t there they couldn’t find the problem. Well, the check engine light finally came on and I dropped my car off and I was “recommended” a fuel engine cleaning because there was a misfire. The cleaning did not fix the issue and I feel because the vehicle isn’t at the recommended miles Or years for the cleaning and I use system cleaner when I fill up they should have went ahead and corrected the miss fire. The check engine light came back on the next day. $400 down the drain for something I knew I didn’t need. Dropped the car off thinking they were going to replace the ignition coil. Nope said it was a computer software update issue. Me, not being the smartest cookie out there, did know the computer couldn’t have told the engine to shake the way it was shaking. They updated the system and guess what.... yep the light came back on again the next day. I took the car back and they finally fixed what the code told them to do the first time. I feel they tell people it’s a misfire to Nickel and dime us. I also feel they need to design some type of tracking system like the pizza deliveries have because no one is available to speak. They have us text and we can’t get any updates in a timely matter. At least have someone who can sit there and read a screen to us so we know what’s going on instead of leaving 5-6 messages before someone calls back. Y’all owe me my money back.

Meechy H.
09/19/2019
Check engine light
My check engine light came on. But let me back up I’ve been complaining about the same issue with how the vehicle is driving since last December. But since the check engine light wasn’t on and when test driven the issue wasn’t there they couldn’t find the problem. Well, the check engine light finally came on and I dropped my car off and I was “recommended” a fuel engine cleaning because there was a miss fire. The cleaning did not fix the issue and I feel because the vehicle isn’t at the recommended miles Or years for the cleaning and I use system cleaner when I fill up they should have went ahead and corrected the miss fire. The check engine light came back on the next day. $400 down the drain for something I knew I didn’t need. Dropped the car off thinking they were going to replace the ignition coil. Nope said it was a computer software update issue. Me, not being the smartest cookie out there, did know the computer couldn’t have told the engine to shake the way it was shaking. They updated the system and guess what.... yep the light came back on again the next day. I took the car back and they finally fixed what the code told them to do the first time. I feel they tell people it’s a miss fire to Nickel and dime us. I also feel they need to design some type of tracking system like the pizza deliveries have because no one is available to speak. They have us text and we can’t get any updates in a timely matter. At least have someone who can sit there and read a screen to us so we know what’s going on instead of leaving 5-6 messages before someone calls back.

Susan H.
Canyon Lake, TX
08/15/2019 Category: Service
Standard oil rather thaan synthetic used/New car sales bait and switch
Site keeps deleting my posting. Oil used was standard rather than full synthetic as recommended by manufacturer. Writer put on the form that I had requested standard rather than full synthetic. Lied.
New car being purchased with cash two weeks ago. Had purchased five new Hyundai's previously from World Car. Salesman, grandson and I agreed on price when person who said he was floor supervisor insinuated himslf into discussion. When I asked for total price of car (already agreed on with salesman) pus the tax, title and license, the floor supervisor took off like his pants were on fire and came back with a price that added $1,600 to the price of the car (price had already been agreed upon). Negotiations had to start all over with this floor supv. Bait and switch.

IP
Irene P.
San Marcos, TX
05/31/2019 Category: Service
Never again
My experience here was not so great. No floor mats, no spare key, no owners manual, and no service contract; all of which my salesman said I would have.

05/01/2019 Category: Service
Never Again!
The gentleman with whom I spoke in the sales department as I attempted to purchase my leased vehicle apparently viewed me as an 'easy target' worthy of being fleeced. That gentleman produced a purchase order in the amount of $18,707 which he said was a figure gathered directly from Hyundai, and that "Hyundai Financing AND any other dealership in the country" would cite the same amount. Dealing directly with Hyundai Financing, I purchased my vehicle for $15,819. That entity advised me my vehicle belonged to them, and not World Car Hyundai North. The payoff figure cited in my lease agreement was $15,964 which the aforementioned gentleman said was not correct, but stated the above figure ($18707) instead. Was this his tally, or was it the tally of the sales manager, I do not know. Question: had I merely nodded and paid the $18707, who would have put the difference in his/her/their pocket(s)?
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/05/2019

The purpose of this survey is to offer feedback on your service experience. I do not believe this rating is a direct reflection of that, but rather an unpleasant experience with the sales department. My team does not deserve a low score because of that. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

James McArdle
210-579-0159

MA
M A.
04/29/2019
Poor customer service
The service manager James treated me with no respect. Lied to my face refused to speak to me to address my complaints . I was also ignored upon entering the service area and made to feel like I was inconvenient The rating should be 0

Dennis M.
Kerrville, TX
01/22/2019
Unkept Promise to Provide two Keys for used car.
Bought a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate. We put $3000 down and drove it home that night. We got one remote key fob. I asked for the second and was told I would get it when we came back to sign final registration papers.
After they had the check in hand for the balance, we signed the remaining papers and I asked the finance guy for the key. He said see the sales person. She said there is no second key. I would not drive with no spare tire or a second key available. So I had one made. Cost for the key was $508. I asked later for a reimbursement on the basis that the missing key was not made known before the sale, it was promised and two keys are the industry standard.. No go.
Best advice is to make sure two keys are written on the purchase order before paying for the vehicle. I do not recommend this dealership.

Larry M.
11/11/2018
Horrible service after the sale
Last Saturday, I purchased a 2017 Nissan Rogue from the Hyundai Used Car dealership (World Car Nissan Hyundai North in San Antonio, TX). It had approximately 8200 miles on it and 1 owner. The sales rep, Akeem Mercer, did a perfectly fine job and the process itself is not necessarily the issue, although I did walk in with an approval of 3.79% and they assured me they could match that interest rate. When I got to the finance side of the house, the interest rate jumped to 3.94%. I could have sat there another hour or 2 to get my percentage rate but I was willing to overlook the "mistake". Little did I know...

My issue has to do with the service or support after the sale. When I had the car delivered and the keys handed over to me (Intelligent keys), I realized there was only 1 set. Recognizing that should the battery die or we lose this set, my wife could be stranded with no way to get the car going, I immediately reached out to the rep via text who stated he would look for a 2nd set. He later replied that there was no other set and he could "order one for me for a couple hundred". I did not understand why I had to be the one to purchase a second set of keys and was shocked at this point. Why was this becoming my problem? I then looked in the glove box for what to do if we did have a non-functional set of keys and there was no Owners Manual. This just made me show there was not much of an attention to detail.

The following Monday at 8:29am, I received an email from the store Sales Manager at that location:

"As a manager here at World Car Hyundai North I wanted to make sure your expectations have been met. Has my team answered all of your questions? Is there anything you are still looking for? Please let me know. I am here if you need anything.

John Virkus
World Car Hyundai
mobile:XXX-XXX-XXXX
Sales Manager"

I responded at 11:46am that day with all of the issues I stated above, expecting to get resolution for my problems. I did not hear back from him so I sent another email at 12:19pm asking how he was going to rectify the situation. I still received no response so I sent another email at 8:09am the next day (Tuesday) asking if he really wanted to know about my experience or was he just going thru the motions - he responded at 10;30am that he truly wanted to know about my experience at his store (which says he never saw the first response) so I resent my original message at 11:05am. I still did not hear back from him so emailed him again at 4:55AM that morning asking what he was going to do about my situation. I called him Wednesday morning at 10:17am to inquire as to what he was going to do and he said he would call back. He did call a few hours later (at 1:42pm) and said he had a Manual for me but could not get me a 2nd set of keys. He stated it was not unusual for a used car not to have a second key for the vehicle and my only resolution would be to buy it. I told him that was not my issue as had I been aware during negotiation, I would have handled it differently.

At this point, I was beside myself. The fact that they did not get the 2nd key from the original owner was and should not be my problem and they should replace it at no cost. I went on to explain that had this been brought up during the negotiation of the sale, I would have either asked them to drop the price to the amount I would have to buy the 2nd set for or I would not have signed the "As Is" paperwork. In other words, I was never given a chance to know that this 2nd key was missing so how could I have been able to negotiate properly. I feel as if I have been misled by not having this conversation. Not to mention that when I buy that 2nd set of keys, I am paying OEM MSRP pricing whereas they could most likely get it at cost which would be significantly less.

Early on Friday morning, I went to the dealership to get the book but the one they had for me was for a Rogue Sport. I told them I had a Rogue and not a Sport that same manager came out and said it was the same book and that depending on when it 2017 it was, they had gone to an "online version of the Owners Manual". I told him I wanted the correct one and we once again discussed the replacement key issue. After he tried to explain again about the key and I restated my point, he was still not willing to get me a 2nd key. I went to the Nissan dealership in an effort to get an Owners Manual myself and to ask if it was true about the "online version". It was not true so now he had lied in an effort to get me "resolved". I then took up the issue of the key with a local Nissan Sales Rep. Long story short, the local Nissan rep tried to help, going back and forth with his management and finally informed me the GM from the Hyundai shop was coming over to discuss this with me. Who did it turn out to be? The same Sales Manager. We went thru everything again until he finally said "I will get you a replacement manual but I WILL NOT get you a second key" - just as adamant as it is written. At this point, I left - disgusted with their sales tactics.

This dealership is only concerned with the immediate sale with no care of the service or support after the sale. Once they had my money, they were no longer interested in my situation that they had technically created. Had I known that this was going to occur, I promise you I would have walked out of the store because I would have known then that this was how they treat their customers.

I will make sure none of my friends go to this location. This is now about the principle of how a vendor treats its customers after the sale is complete. The reality is we are talking about less than $100 at their cost. Even if I DO have to pay for a 2nd key, I promise not to purchase from World Car Nissan Hyundai North.

FH