Overall Rating 4.0625/5Overall Rating 4.0625/5Overall Rating 4.0625/5Overall Rating 4.0625/5rating 4.0625
Overall Rating 2.26667/5Overall Rating 2.26667/5rating 2.26667rating 2.26667rating 2.26667

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Go somewhere els not this dealership
They will nickel and dime you till your checkbook is empty. Especial on leases they are crazy out of this world expensive and do not know the market for the cars they are leasing. Go to another dealership anyplace but Zimbrick.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 11/16/2019

I apologize your visit did not go well.  I can assure you  we are not trying to nickel and dime you until your checkbook is empty.  We are trying to provide you with a safe and reliable vehicle and are following Hyundai's recommended maintenance schedule.  I will reach out Monday 11/18/20 to discuss this further.

Dan S.
Barneveld, WI
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/06/2019 Category: Service
I’m done
Love the car but service is inconsistent. Had issues in the past and was told by the service manager we could take our business elsewhere. We did for awhile, but distance was an issue so we came back. Car returned worse then when I brought in. No timely resolution, so I left. Service Manager has yet to return call after 2 days. I’m done

David W.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/31/2019 Category: Service
Not looking out for a long term customer. Actually charging for things I didn't authorize.
Title says it all.

CK
Christine K.
Prairie Du Sac, WI
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Vehicle code overcharge.
I would not even give a one star but it was a minimum

TG
Tracy G.
06/18/2019
Changes in staffing have created a horrible experience
We have historically taken my husband's car here when it was Zimbrick Imports (he has a Nissan), and always experienced the same fantastic service we get at Zimbrick Honda, where I get service. Now that it has switched over to Zimbrick Hyundai, the staff changed over and the service is absolutely horrible!! He dropped his car off first thing in the a.m. to have oil changed and brakes replaced, and got a loaner (which was a fight in itself). He specified he needed his car back at 2:00. By 2:45 he hadn't heard anything (they were going to call with a quote before performing service). Finally, toward the end of the day he heard back. The brakes he needed weren't in stock so he couldn't get his car back until the next day. When he questioned them about this, they basically blew him off, stating, "Well, because you dropped it off, it wasn't an immediate priority." Theres NO reason a standard brake replacement should take TWO days!! Then, when he went to pick his car up the next day, no one talked to him about anything... didn't go over his paperwork, give him a run-down of service provided, etc. They didn't even put in the oil change reminder sticker in the car. And the worst part... no one really seemed to care. After years of going to Zimbrick for service, we will never, ever be back here again!! Time to find a new mechanic.

Jason L.
05/25/2019 Category: Service
After you buy your car from Zimbrick, take it to a different dealer for maintenance
After my 3000 mile oil change, I was really left feeling that Zimbrick is all about making the sale. After that, you're on your own. The people at the service department check-in desks are there to complete forms, enter information into the computer, and move people through the check-in process, and they conduct themselves accordingly. Had the service rep I had focused more on the customer experience, I might have had a positive encounter. As it was, calls weren't returned, I was not given updates unless I was persistent in my calls, Hyundai was bashed (by him) because they have a fix for a recall that knowingly causes a problem with the wiring harness, and instead of making new wiring harnesses available to fix the issue, they use them in new cars and thus create a huge back order for the part. Originally I expected my car to be done in less than a week. After a week I was told it could actually be several; it turned out to be just over 2. Even though my car is a 2018 and just had it's first oil change, the experience was frustrating enough that I will be finding someplace else to take my car in the future.

Good luck.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 05/28/2019

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your visit.  I apologize things did not go well.  Unfortunately the parts for this recall have been on backorder and taking us more than a week to get parts.  I apologize your service advisor did not keep you properly informed on the delays.  I will make sure to address this with all our staff.

I am happy to discuss this further if you would like.  Please feel free to let me know and I am happy to setup a time to talk.

02/25/2019 Category: Service
Disappointing service department
I had a disappointing experience with the Zimbrick Hyundai West service department. Between multiple failed repairs for a rear rattle, lack of communication, and lack of consideration, my entire experience was bad. Calls were regularly not returned and updates were regularly not given on my car. I also was not given paperwork multiple times. During one instance, the car wasn't ready at one pick up, and I had to find it in behind the building with disposable floor protectors still inside the car. I was given the car back multiple times without the car being fixed.

Overall, it was not a good experience. I am hopeful the service team is more considerate to other customers.

AK
Ahren K.
Stoughton, WI
2012 Hyundai Elantra
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Horrible service avoid this dealer
Two weeks with no loaner offered until the second week. Vehicle under extended warranty and they tried to charge twice. Even after explain several times that the car was under extended warranty. It took calls both my originating dealer and Hyundai to resolve this. Then because of the extended warranty, I was told that they could not install the factory parts, and had to order aftermarket... which extended the time to get my vehicle back. I would not recommend this dealer to anyone.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Very disappointed
Will not be going here again. Very disappointed with the service.

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Dont iike writing reviews
Don't wish to comment further.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you for bringing your vehicle in for service.  I apologize if things did not go well.  If there is anything we can do please feel free to contact me directly.
These surveys/reviews are optional.  While we always enjoy getting feedback, either positive or negative, please don't feel obligated to fill out the review.

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/07/2018 Category: Service
The car wash sucks.
So now we are not getting the entire service because your car wash sucks. Have talked to others that have had similar issues with the car wash.
They said they would order a new hitch cover for us to replace the lost one. So far have not heard any thing on that.

06/07/2018 Category: Service
Get rid of the roller car wash
sick and tired of having our Santa Fe's beaten up by that car wash!
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 06/11/2018

I apologize for the damage that was done to your vehicle's by the car wash.  We have made a note in our system to make sure we do not put your vehcile through the car wash.

KN
Kenneth N.
Jefferson, WI
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Still VERY Dissatisfied!!!!
Your follow up was the same quality that I experienced before. When we scheduled the last free oil change, we should have been told prior to the service being complete that it was not going to be covered under the 1 year or 15,000. In addition, when a customer has a complaint, you should never leave the "ball in their court" to contact you if they wish to discuss the issue further...you and Zimbrick should be going out of your way to ensure that the situation is resolved and that they are happy. You and or Zimbrick should take it upon yourself to reach out to a customer via phone directly to remedy the situation...that would actually convey that you really care. We own a family based business and I can assure you that this is not how we would treat a dissatisfied customer. The condescending tone that we received on the day that service was completed is unacceptable. We were treated like we were idiots for not knowing the 1 year 15,000 Maintenance Contract. In addition, I can assure you that the weather on the day that my wife came in for our third oil was conducive to a car wash and if that was not the case or if your system was down for the day, we did not receive a voucher for a free wash. What is more upsetting is that we contacted Zimbrick several times after our third oil change to discuss the car wash and no one took the time to call us back. Again, another example of lack of true concern for your customers. These incidents may appear to be small on the outside, but it is just a true reflection of where your hearts are with regards to your customer loyalty. It is because of this reason that we wish to be taken off of your email list so that we receive no further communication from Zimbrick. Not only will we NEVER purchase a vehicle or receive services from your company from this point forward, but this whole experience has tainted our view of Hyundai as well. In the future, rest assured our business will be going elsewhere.

04/24/2018 Category: Service
Never will return for future purchases or service!
We will no longer be doing business with Zimbrick West. They did not perform services as promised and as indicated in the after service summary and we were charged for our last "free" oil change because we were 1,000 miles over their limit. When we contacted Zimbrick to express our concerns we were not taking seriously! We are VERY disappointed to say the least and will never give them another dime!
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 04/26/2018

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback.  I apologize we were unable to perform the oil change at no charge.  The maintenance contract through Hyundai expired after 1 year or 15,000 miles which ever comes first.  Hyundai does not allow us any room on those contracts.
I apologize your vehicle was not washed or vacuumed at your previous visit.  I will make sure to address this issue with my staff.  The only time a vehicle is not washed is when the weather does not allow or the car wash is down for maintenance.  If either of those things happens you should have been provided with a voucher for a free wash.  I apologize that did not happen.

I would be happy to discuss these issues and any others that you may have directly with you.  Please feel free to contact me directly.

Marcelle S.
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Worst Service Ever
My experience with Zimbrick Hyundai West was not a good one. The engine on my 2013 Elantra blew at only 55,000 and was mistakenly towed to Hyundai West by Hyundai Motor Assistance so this was my first and hopefully last encounter with Hyundai West. I was handed down from one service manager to another because I apparently asked too many questions or questions in general about why the engine of my car completely died. My vehicle was there for approximately two weeks. Not a word was said to me when I picked my vehicle back up after the repairs were made other than to show me where to sign for my vehicle repairs. Now I just noticed that the interior of my car was damaged and left filthy after being at that dealership. I took pictures and sent them to Clint, the service manager so he could see what I was talking about. I have not received a response from him regarding that latest discovery and I doubt he will respond to my email. Hyundai West didn’t want to deal with the issues when my car was there and I’m sure they don’t care now either. It’s bad enough when you have a 4 year old vehicle that you purchased brand new and the engine blows up but it’s even worst when the dealership can’t and won’t answer any questions you have AND on top of it leave your car in worse condition than it was when it was brought there in the first place.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 04/04/2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and provide us with your feedback.

Cambridge, WI
02/12/2018 Category: Service
Tire Rotation
When I pay $25 to get my tires rotated I expect them to inflate the tires to the correct inflation.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 02/15/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  I apologize the technician did not properly inflate the tires for you.  I will make sure to review this with my staff to prevent it from happening again.  I would be happy to discuss this issue with you directly and try to find a resolution.  Please feel free to contact me directly.

2017 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/16/2018 Category: Service
Poor service
Avoid this place like a bad disease.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 01/18/2018

Thank you for the taking the time to fill out the survey.  I apologize the service advisor you were working with made a mistake and things did not go well.  I will make sure to work with him and coach him on better ways of ordering parts.

2013 Hyundai Genesis
12/12/2017 Category: Service
$75 quote for replacing cabin air filter. Coolant flush recommended at 25k miles instead of factory-recommended 120k miles
I can't really trust the service department anymore. For one, the Factory Severe Driving conditions service schedule says coolant replacement is not needed until 120k miles. Zimbrick Hyundai West tried to push this on me at 25k miles. Second, they tried to do a cabin air filter replacement for $75 which is just a bit absurd.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 12/14/2017

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your last service.  I apologize your last visit did not go well.  I apologize the service advisor recommended the coolant flush on your vehicle.  All other Hyundai models require a coolant flush at 60k miles or 5 years, the Genesis, which uses the same coolant as all the other vehicles, is the only Hyundai that does not.  I have reviewed that with my entire staff so we do not make this mistake again.  Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

I did check the notes on your vehicle for replacing the cabin air filter, it was noted that there was debris or rodent nest starting to form on the cabin filter.  Typically the cost to replace a cabin filter is $49.95 plus tax.  The additional cost was quoted in case we needed to remove the blower motor to remove other debris.

I do apologize the service did not go well.  If you would like to discuss anything further I would be happy to speak with you.

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/28/2017 Category: Service
Worse now than before
I was hoping to have a long life from this car, but now that I let Zimbrick Hyundai touch it I am concerned it won't make it through the winter.
Whatever, this "recall work" was, my car now vibrates at highway speeds. Maybe it was the oil change that they did since it was in their shop that is the cause.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 08/28/2017

Thank you for the feedback.  I apologize your vehicle vibrates at highway speeds.  We would be happy to look at your vehicle for no charge and figure out what is causing your vibration.  If it is anything related to the oil change or the wax we applied to part of the frame we will correct the concern.

BR
Barbara R.
Blanchardville, WI
08/10/2017 Category: Service
Need to coordinate better
People very friendly, but scheduling process needs improvement.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 08/11/2017

Thank you for the feedback.  I apologize the special ordered parts were not available when you came in for your appointment.  We would be happy to come and pick the vehicle up from you and deliver it back once the part arrives, so you don't have to make another trip into the dealership.  Please let me know if that would work or if there is anything else we can do.  Again I apologize for the confusion on our end and we will work on correcting our process.

Randy S.
Dodgeville, WI
07/29/2017 Category: Service
Did check cooling on seat when I asked when making the appointment. Couldn't answer how to get the mirrors from moving when backing up.
I would hope that you would make this right so I would feel comfortable in recommending you
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 08/01/2017

Thank you for the survey.  I apologize for the lenght of your appointment, you are correct that is way to long for an oil change service.  I will work with my staff on correcting the length of your appointment and getting you out in a timely manner.
We would be happy to look at your seats to correct any problems that might be occuring.  We are able to come get the vehicle from you to save you from making another trip in if that helps.
To change the mirrors from tilting you need to switch the mirror adjustment switch to the middle of switch so neither mirror is selected to adjust.  That should stop them from tilting.  I believe you can also turn the function off in the settings on the steering wheel.
If you have any other questions or concerns I would be happy to help.

JJ
Judith J.
Monroe, WI
2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/06/2017 Category: Service
Very poor service. Problem not fixed although assured it was. 2nd time with
I won't return. I will not recommend.
CLINT K., Service Manager from Zimbrick Hyundai West responded on 07/06/2017

Thank you for filling out the survey.  I apologize the tire is still leaking air.  Like we talked about on the phone we are happy to try and figure out why it is still leaking and repair it properly.  Also willing to provide you with 2 free oil changes because of the trouble we have caused.