Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Ernest D. on 02/05/2016
"Let me know whats up"
Like the service here they always tell me whats up with my vehicle cant wait to return i gotta see if this car can head outta town but thank you D.O.E.A
Vehicle: BMW 330Ci
Service Date: 02/03/2016
Review Created: 02/05/2016 09:14 PM
Greg W. on 02/05/2016
"very honest and great service"
Change the oil service
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML350
Service Date: 02/04/2016
Review Created: 02/05/2016 08:56 PM
Thomas G. on 02/04/2016
"Good Service. Friendly & Helpful Staff"
I always have a good experience at Desert Oasis - but I am a little concerned with a couple of estimates provided on work that may need to be done: 1. A front headlight that needs replacing? because low beam doesn't adjust $639, and 2. passenger side front window that may need a new regulator $487. Is this the best you can do?
Vehicle: BMW 528i
Service Date: 02/03/2016
Review Created: 02/04/2016 10:10 AM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair responded on 02/11/2016

Dear Mr. G,

I looked over estimates personally. Headlight adjustment is the whole headlight assembly that needs replacing. The gears in your headlight assembly are broken and will not adjust. The gears are not sold separately. We cannot simply adjust them as we did with your right side headlight. The part alone is $470.52 and takes over an hour to replace.
Your window regulator Malisa priced because you mentioned it was making a noise. In this repair the whole door panel needs to be disassembled and windows aligned. We will only use BMW manufactured regultors, aftermarket regulators, in our experience, are not quality and will break again within a few months. This part is $290.00. If you would like a lessor quality part for $50 less we can do that but I cannot warranty the job. Our team has been told not to offer this less quality parts because George and I choose quality and value over thriftest price.
I do want to let you know a Valentine's special for loyal customers was sent to your inbox (check your spam folder) This is for 14% off recommended repairs. Check the promotion for details & restrictions. It is valid for a limited time only. If you would like to call and make the appointment mention FEB14 as promo code to schedule repairs in. Thank you for bring pricing to my attension. Our mission statement is as follows: Always do quality repairs at a fair and honest price with intergrity.
Sincerely, George, Jacki and Team Oasis
P.S. This question and response will be published on our surecritic review platform. This is why your response was a bit delayed.

Ralph R. on 02/01/2016
"Great prices "
Service Date: 01/25/2016
Review Created: 01/26/2016 09:00 PM
Jeff A. on 01/25/2016
"Take your car to these guys"
Desert Oasis has been great to me. I've been working between AZ & NV for decades, but until recently didn't need my car in NV. That changed last year & I needed a local mechanic. Desert Oasis was straightforward, fair and was able to accommodate my funky travel schedule. I couldn't be happier with them.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ8
Service Date: 01/08/2016
Review Created: 01/25/2016 01:11 PM
Leabert U. on 01/21/2016
"Expensive"
Brought my car in because of an ABS light on my dashboard. They did a diagnostic test and inspected my car for an hour. They said the rear left ABS sensor needed to be replaced. They didn't have the time to fix it so I needed to come back next week. Estimate was $340. I just replaced the two right side ABS sensors in October in Hawaii at Capitol Auto Service. The total labor cost was $146.18. That's about $70 labor to change one sensor in Hawaii. So, $340 seems very expensive for parts and labor to change just one.
Vehicle: BMW 528i
Service Date: 01/20/2016
Review Created: 01/21/2016 12:28 PM

Hi Mr. L.U.,
I welcome all viewpoints from my customers and yours is one of complete value to me and our team. I have reviewed your rating and your original complaint, invoice and estimate for your recommended repair. I have available to me, the time your car was clocked into our shop and clocked out. This time my technician put into it was one hour eighteen minute. My team explained the cost and time it will take to repair your vehicle, they trustingly made an appointment for you at no charge first visit. We use only OEM parts and our labor charge for specializing in the European automobiles is among the lowest in Las Vegas. I am not sure of charges on the island but this is what we built our value on here in Las Vegas. Thank you for your opinion.

Donald R. on 01/20/2016
"Great mechanics, and customer service!!!!!"
Love the service and will bring back my vehicle again!!!!!
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E320
Service Date: 01/18/2016
Review Created: 01/20/2016 12:53 PM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair responded on 01/22/2016

Thank you for the feedback. Hope to see you soon but not to soon.
George, Jacki and Team Oasis

Thomas F. on 01/19/2016
"Just Routine Maintanence"
They were friendly and quick. Before I knew it, the oil change was finished. I've been taking the car here since I bought it new. Never had a problem with any service they performed on my car.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 01/18/2016
Review Created: 01/19/2016 10:14 PM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair responded on 01/22/2016

Thank you for your review. I am glad to here your experiences have remained consistantly positive. It is very important to George and I. Our staff is passionate about these German vehicle this is why we hand picked them to be part of our staff.
Drive safe, George, Jacki & Team Oasis

Douglas F. on 01/15/2016
"Maintaining my 97' Jaguar VDP "
The team at Desert Oasis is very good and I highly recommend them for your European vehicles. My 97' Jaguar is in great condition with the skills of their mechanics.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ6
Service Date: 01/15/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2016 08:12 PM
Ryan S. on 01/06/2016
"a bit frustrated..."
I went in asking for them to let me know what was wrong with why my seat back wasn't adjusting properly, why my windshield wipers wouldn't work and an oil change. Quoted $240 after this was my 10th-ish time bringing my car in, Melissa still had no clue who I was. My car just needed a computer reboot, the windshield wipers still do not work, after they diagnosed them working, and they changed my oil. $200 later and 10 visits later I still feel I get taken advantage of.... also with the recommend this place to a friend, I am unsure. That is not an option
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C230
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016 09:27 PM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair responded on 01/22/2016

Ryan George and I both reviewed your check in statements, Technician notes and invoice. We talked with your vehicles technician. We found out the full synthetic oil change and seat renormalized with the Autologic issues were in fact completed and this is what the invoice charges were which came in $50 less than the original estimate. The wiper blade intermittent problem could not be duplicated and there was not a fault code stored in your vehicles computer systems. So we did not charge diagnostic or any fee associated with the wipers. The $109 was for the re-initializing of the seat. This takes one hour of diagnostic (with the computer hook-up to your vehicle and going through test plans) which I can see you may mistake it for doing both wipers and seat. This statement on the invoice is very unclear. It is difficult to address an issue we cannot reproduce and we have instructed our staff not to do guess work and replace parts and not to charge if nothing is fixed. This is our policies and is what happened with your car and the wiper blades. If your blades are inoperable at this time, please bring the car in and we will diagnose the problem at no diagnostic fee. You are a valued customer and we feel you are questioning our business integrity which after being here for 5 repairs you should not happen. But in reviewing the invoice we have had a revision of how the breakdown on the invoice to avoid this confuse ever again. Wiper and seat re-initiation should have shown as separate jobs to avoid this mistake in billing. Thank you for bring it to our attention. We have corrected this for the future.
As for Malisa not recognizing you, I am very confused by this statement. George and I both were in office when you picked up your vehicle. I feel Malisa was professional, courteous and friendly. She asked you about your honeymoon or trip you were taking and wished you a safe trip. (to Tahoe and Maui) We talked about where you were working and where you are currently working. In our eyes it was the perfect customer interaction. But I do see where the unclear invoice may cause some frustration. We always welcome customer’s viewpoints and would like to make this last visit up to you if you would allow that. George called the number on file first thing when we read the review, he left you two messages to resolve this discrepancy. I believe George spoke to you and we are waiting for your return visit.

Sean S. on 12/31/2015
"Oil Change and Brake Fluid Flush"
I usually go to this place for my BMW. Only took about an hour for an oil change and brake fluid flush. Fantastic service once again!
Vehicle: BMW 335i
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 12/31/2015 03:35 PM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto Service & Repair responded on 01/22/2016

We are grateful for your feedback. Thank you letting me know we are remaining consistent with our services.
George, Jacki & Team Oasis

David T. on 12/30/2015
"Friendly and knowledgeable service techs and staff"
The people at Desert Oasis were very kind and accommodating to me in regards to my 2005 Audi A6 which is very tempermental. Melissa was very sweet to me and I appreciated they're timely responses and communication. Thanks again and I will definitely be back.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Service Date: 12/23/2015
Review Created: 12/30/2015 07:43 PM
Jeff T. on 12/23/2015
"Good work fair price shop you can trust"
See above
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E430
Service Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 10:10 PM
Samantha A. on 12/21/2015
"Great"
The staff is wonderful and my work's always done on time.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 12/18/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015 09:36 PM
Michael L. on 12/18/2015
"Thorough"
Hands down the best experience I've ever had , thank you so much for taking such great care of my BMW M5, you guys are the best
Vehicle: BMW M5
Service Date: 12/17/2015
Review Created: 12/18/2015 09:02 PM
Donna H. on 12/14/2015
"Great service...repair done expertly....delivered when promised!!!"
It is so awesome to have a dependable, honest place to keep my older car running like a new one. Their work is top notch.
Vehicle: BMW 525xi
Service Date: 11/20/2015
Review Created: 12/14/2015 09:44 PM
Chernell H. on 12/05/2015
"Perfect!"
Super friendly staff, timely service, and most important affordable.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/05/2015 03:46 PM
Richard H. on 11/25/2015
"It is the only facility to go to -- to fix your car"
Great team, smart pricing, excellent work
Vehicle: Jaguar X-Type
Service Date: 11/23/2015
Review Created: 11/25/2015 03:05 AM
Dan G. on 11/24/2015
"Had trouble with the car, they got it in, did what had to be done professionally. Evan gave me a ride home. Family run business who take pride in what they do. "
Had an issue with a rear light, fit me right in when they had a spot. Was in and out within 30 minutes. Will have all my car service with Desert Oasis.
Service Date: 11/20/2015