Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
BREANNA F. ReScore Review on 06/01/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"took fast action to respond to bad review"
I appreciated that Steve the manager called me the next day and offered me $100 in store credit.
Service Date: 05/31/2016
Review Created: 05/31/2016 08:36 PM

"Bad communication"
Short Version of Story: me: "Oh that quote is very high. I'm going to have to make some calls before you do anything."
Keller Rep (as we're halfway out the door): "Did you still want us to do an oil change?"
Me: "No, hold off. We're not sure yet, we'll call you later."
--CUT TO US COMING BACK A FEW HOURS LATER HAVING FOUND A BETTER PRICE--
Keller Rep: "So here's your total for the diagnostic and oil change."
Me: "But we said to hold off on the oil change."
Keller: "Well, I didn't get a clear answer."

**if you didn't get a clear answer, CLARIFY by calling me before you just do it and charge me. Also, err on the side of NOT doing work you're not sure the person agreed to.

Longer version if you care: I go to Keller all the time for my oil changes because they have a really cheap coupon for it and I haven't had any problems. So when my "check engine" light came on, I figured I could trust them to look at it and do repairs for a reasonable price. I really wish I had gone somewhere else. I dropped it off for a diagnostic, they called me to say 2 things needed to be done to "try and figure out" what was wrong with it, and the price for doing those 2 things would be $393. And that would not even fix the problem. (The problem could be anything from changing fluids out to needing a new transmission. My car only has 60,000 miles on it.) Also, the diagnostic itself alone, before doing any of this, was over $100. After the diagnostic and the oil change we did not want, the grand total was $135 and I have almost nothing to show for it. The worst part is the way the oil change was handled. I also presented a $25 "gift card" I had received in the mail, which they would not take because it was that OR the oil change coupon, which I shouldn't have needed to apply in the first place. Overall review, if you want to come here for ONLY oil changes, go for it. If you have ANYTHING else, go somewhere else.
Service Date: 05/31/2016
Review Created: 05/31/2016 08:36 PM
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 06/01/2016

Thanks Breanna for your bringing this misunderstang on our part to my attention and we are doing our best to rectifiy the situation and make it right for you. Thanks for talking to me today and we will get this taken care. Thanks for number one being our customer and second for giving us an opportunity to make it right.

Stacy L. ReScore Review on 09/22/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Stacy said this business got the vehicle back and diagnosed it. They told him what sensor it was and the rest of the circuit was checked out. He still would not recommend this business to others due to the reasons stated from the first experience.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 09/08/2014
Review Created: 09/10/2014

Stacy said he told the business what was wrong with his vehicle and what systems he wanted diagnosed. He specifically said he wanted the FRS system diagnosed. When he went to pick up his vehicle he found they had checked the wrong system and the rest was not diagnosed to the level he needed. He ended up bringing the vehicle back the next night and the job was done the way he needed. He is overall satisfied with service he received and he would recommend them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 09/08/2014
Review Created: 09/10/2014
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 09/16/2014

Stacy, sorry we dropped the ball the first time but hopefully not charging you was an attempt to say sorry. Thank you for your business.

Crystal S. ReScore Review on 04/23/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Spoke with Lois. She said she did not take her vehicle back to this business because it seemed that they were not being honest. They said her vehicle needed a new transmission. She went to 2 other business' to get another opinion. Neither business concluded the same thing as this business. One business told her she needed a timing belt and another business told her nothing was wrong. She would not recommend this business due to the reasons just stated.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/12/2014

Spoke with Crystal's mother, Lois. She said that she was very unpleased with this business. The prices for this business were way too high. Her daughter had to bring the vehicle in numerous times for the same issue, and they never fixed it. Her daughter has been pulled over by the police on more than one occasion because of the problem that still remains. The staff forgot to put the oil cap back on after changing the oil which resulted in an oil leak and smoking engine. She would not recommend them for these reasons.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/12/2014
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 04/16/2014

Crystal, I want to let you know how sorry I am that your experiance was unpleasent. As store manager I take every opportunity to deliver 100% customer satisfaction and nothing less. I thought we had repaired the issue but if it still exists please give me a chance to make it right. Please call if I can help.

DONNA T. on 04/26/2017
"Trustworthy Service with a Smile"
I keep coming back to Keller's because I feel I can trust their recommendations for my vehicle and that they will do what they can to keep my costs reasonable. They do it in a friendly manner ... accompanied by free coffee. Not bad.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 04/26/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017 09:46 PM
Daniel G. on 04/26/2017
Daniel said they did a great job.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
Lori S. on 04/25/2017
Lori said this business did everything she wanted them to do, they were fast and friendly.
Vehicle: Subaru Tribeca
Service Date: 04/22/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
Larry B. on 04/21/2017
Larry said this business did a great job and if he needs any more mechanical work done on his vehicle he will go back to them. Steve was super nice and courteous.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/21/2017
Brandon P. on 04/14/2017
Brandon said Dale and Brett came to terms with the price and the speed of service. He was pleased with the overall care he got.
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017
Linda B. on 04/13/2017
Linda said this business did a great job.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Service Date: 04/11/2017
Review Created: 04/13/2017
Jeff T. on 04/12/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Extremely disappointed"
Until now, I've been very pleased with Keller's service. Sadly that has all changed now because of my most recent experience. Extremely disappointed. Took my vehicle in for oil change service. The vehicle had an aftermarket oil drain plug. Keller knew this because they had performed the oil change in Nov. 2016 (with this aftermarket plug installed.) Back then, the oil change was done with no issues. However yesterday during the oil change, their mechanic backed out the drain plug too far and the nut on the inside of the oil pan fell off into the bottom of the pan. (Aftermarket plugs require a nut on the inside of the oil pan in order to be able to tighten the plug). Keller knew that's how aftermarket plugs are put together. The mgr told me the only option now was to replace the oil pan with a new one. He said with parts and labor it would cost $500. My frustration and disappointment lies with Keller not taking one iota of responsibility for causing the issue, as if it was somehow MY responsibility because the truck had an aftermarket plug? I'm not suggesting in any way they were reckless or careless. After all, mistakes DO happen. But they DID cause the problem. They can't deny that. In fact, the mgr flat out admitted they backed the plug out too far. And not only did he tell me the only option was a new oil pan, he didn't offer to pay for a mistake they clearly caused. He didn't offer to help with the cost whatsoever. So again, because it was an aftermarket plug, somehow they were not liable?? I figure it this way ... they knew about the plug ... if they didn't want to assume the risk they should have told me they wouldn't perform the oil change. I would have completely understood. But they agreed to do it, they made the mistake, they admitted the mistake, they denied any responsibility, and they conveniently passed the entire cost onto me.

So while I was waiting for the repair, I got to thinking "hey, why couldn't they just drop the oil pan, retrieve the nut and re-tighten the plug, and re-mount the pan?". I spoke with the mgr and he said they could do that, but he didn't recommend it. I agreed that it was not the optimal solution, but it was an option that would at least save me $250 for a new oil pan. After all, that aftermarket plug had been there for years and we NEVER had issues with it. But just like our prior conversations, he did not offer to eat the labor cost to remove the pan, demonstrating once again they felt no responsibility for what they had caused.

Later, as they were performing the repair, my wife called the mgr to press him to acknowledge responsibility for creating the issue but he would not accept one bit of it. What he did say though was that the actual labor was less than the "book" stated, and he would be able to "give us a break" on the cost on the labor. So yes, the total cost came down to $445, which we appreciated. But it felt to us like he was trying to play that cost reduction off as them giving us some kind of discount when in reality we paid full price for the new pan and we paid for ALL the labor that was performed, and they paid NOTHING. So where exactly was the "break" they gave us? Was it for not charging me for labor hours that were never performed??

Until this incident, I considered myself a loyal Keller Auto customer and had every intention of using them to perform all future service on all three of my vehicles. They seem like good guys. And perhaps they are. But I feel this issue was handled very very poorly by them. I found their unwillingness to take even the slightest amount of responsibility for a problem they caused very disheartening and disconcerting. I thought I had finally found a repair shop with integrity and honesty. I now have doubts about that notion. Had they simply "owned" the mistake and offered to fix it at their cost (or at the very least CONTRIBUTE to the cost), they'd have a customer for life. Instead they opted to cover their asses and save a few bucks in exchange for the loss of a loyal customer and any of my future business. Very sad and disappointing.
Review Created: 04/12/2017 07:30 AM

convenient, reliable
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Review Created: 04/11/2017 08:26 AM
Heather A. on 04/11/2017
Heather said everything went really well.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 04/08/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017
JANICE G. on 04/10/2017
"Outstanding!!"
Best Customer Service, outstanding job, you can trust Keller's!!
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 03/21/2017
Review Created: 04/10/2017 08:57 AM
SERENA P. on 04/08/2017
"Very helpful"
I went in for an oil change and when I went to pick my car up the man at the front desk said that he noticed my wiper blades were broken. Within 15minutes he'd ordered some in from the warehouse and fitted them for me. Couldn't ask for better service.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 07:02 PM
JULIA F. on 04/08/2017
"Kellers does what I can't"
I use Kellers to do the work I no longer can/want to do on the cars. They are reliable and prompt.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 12:49 PM
ANDREA M. on 04/05/2017
"Great, efficient, friendly service"
Service here is always friendly and efficient. I trust these guys to take care of my car.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 04/04/2017
Review Created: 04/05/2017 01:27 PM
DAVID M. on 04/03/2017
"they treat you like family"
Every time I have to use the services of Kellers in Parker, Steve and his team are outstanding, my family and I have been going their for 10 Years or more and the work they have done has been excellent!!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 03/31/2017
Review Created: 04/03/2017 10:26 AM
JANICE F. on 04/01/2017
"The people, the service, "
Thankful they do an overall check of the car, finding any hidden problem.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/01/2017 09:00 AM
Daniel S. on 04/01/2017
Spoke with Gigi. She said this business was very pleasant and they came out to the waiting area to show her what was going on. They also showed other customers filters that needed to be replaced. She said it was nice of them to show them the filters, rather than just saying they needed a filter replacement.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester