Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
BREANNA F. ReScore Review on 06/01/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"took fast action to respond to bad review"
I appreciated that Steve the manager called me the next day and offered me $100 in store credit.
Service Date: 05/31/2016
Review Created: 05/31/2016 08:36 PM

"Bad communication"
Short Version of Story: me: "Oh that quote is very high. I'm going to have to make some calls before you do anything."
Keller Rep (as we're halfway out the door): "Did you still want us to do an oil change?"
Me: "No, hold off. We're not sure yet, we'll call you later."
--CUT TO US COMING BACK A FEW HOURS LATER HAVING FOUND A BETTER PRICE--
Keller Rep: "So here's your total for the diagnostic and oil change."
Me: "But we said to hold off on the oil change."
Keller: "Well, I didn't get a clear answer."

**if you didn't get a clear answer, CLARIFY by calling me before you just do it and charge me. Also, err on the side of NOT doing work you're not sure the person agreed to.

Longer version if you care: I go to Keller all the time for my oil changes because they have a really cheap coupon for it and I haven't had any problems. So when my "check engine" light came on, I figured I could trust them to look at it and do repairs for a reasonable price. I really wish I had gone somewhere else. I dropped it off for a diagnostic, they called me to say 2 things needed to be done to "try and figure out" what was wrong with it, and the price for doing those 2 things would be $393. And that would not even fix the problem. (The problem could be anything from changing fluids out to needing a new transmission. My car only has 60,000 miles on it.) Also, the diagnostic itself alone, before doing any of this, was over $100. After the diagnostic and the oil change we did not want, the grand total was $135 and I have almost nothing to show for it. The worst part is the way the oil change was handled. I also presented a $25 "gift card" I had received in the mail, which they would not take because it was that OR the oil change coupon, which I shouldn't have needed to apply in the first place. Overall review, if you want to come here for ONLY oil changes, go for it. If you have ANYTHING else, go somewhere else.
Service Date: 05/31/2016
Review Created: 05/31/2016 08:36 PM
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 06/01/2016

Thanks Breanna for your bringing this misunderstang on our part to my attention and we are doing our best to rectifiy the situation and make it right for you. Thanks for talking to me today and we will get this taken care. Thanks for number one being our customer and second for giving us an opportunity to make it right.

Stacy L. ReScore Review on 09/22/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Stacy said this business got the vehicle back and diagnosed it. They told him what sensor it was and the rest of the circuit was checked out. He still would not recommend this business to others due to the reasons stated from the first experience.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 09/08/2014
Review Created: 09/10/2014

Stacy said he told the business what was wrong with his vehicle and what systems he wanted diagnosed. He specifically said he wanted the FRS system diagnosed. When he went to pick up his vehicle he found they had checked the wrong system and the rest was not diagnosed to the level he needed. He ended up bringing the vehicle back the next night and the job was done the way he needed. He is overall satisfied with service he received and he would recommend them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 09/08/2014
Review Created: 09/10/2014
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 09/16/2014

Stacy, sorry we dropped the ball the first time but hopefully not charging you was an attempt to say sorry. Thank you for your business.

Crystal S. ReScore Review on 04/23/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Spoke with Lois. She said she did not take her vehicle back to this business because it seemed that they were not being honest. They said her vehicle needed a new transmission. She went to 2 other business' to get another opinion. Neither business concluded the same thing as this business. One business told her she needed a timing belt and another business told her nothing was wrong. She would not recommend this business due to the reasons just stated.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/12/2014

Spoke with Crystal's mother, Lois. She said that she was very unpleased with this business. The prices for this business were way too high. Her daughter had to bring the vehicle in numerous times for the same issue, and they never fixed it. Her daughter has been pulled over by the police on more than one occasion because of the problem that still remains. The staff forgot to put the oil cap back on after changing the oil which resulted in an oil leak and smoking engine. She would not recommend them for these reasons.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 04/09/2014
Review Created: 04/12/2014
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 04/16/2014

Crystal, I want to let you know how sorry I am that your experiance was unpleasent. As store manager I take every opportunity to deliver 100% customer satisfaction and nothing less. I thought we had repaired the issue but if it still exists please give me a chance to make it right. Please call if I can help.

THOMAS L. on 08/17/2017
"Great coustoner Service!"
The Guy's at Kellers always do a Great Job! for Me!
Thank you Again!!!
Vehicle: Lincoln LS
Service Date: 08/16/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017 04:06 PM
RICK F. on 08/11/2017
"Helped out in a pinch"
Had a new car and the daughter getting ready to drive back to Minnesota and the serpentine belt is going bad. They got me in and changed the belt and were reasonable on the price. Thanks
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017 03:57 PM
MICHELE F. on 08/10/2017
"What is a Review Title?"
Everyone is friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 07:48 AM
DAVID S. on 08/09/2017
"Friendly & Competent"
I always feel like a valued customer and the car is running great now!
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 06:47 AM
DONNA T. on 08/08/2017
"Positive Experience Once Again"
I have come to expect good service and honest recommendations from Keller's and, once again, was not disappointed. I was told what they would be checking out and approximate charges to expect and was offered a loaner vehicle if needed while my car was being checked out. Charges for the work they did were more than fair. I'll be back.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017 09:15 PM
Andy A. on 08/07/2017
Andy said this business provided good service all around.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/07/2017
RICHARD W. on 08/02/2017
"Great auto service and repair."
They are professional, quick, a great value and know their business.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 06:35 AM
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 08/03/2017

Thanks for the great comments Richard it is always a pleasure working with customers like yourself and we appreciate your business as always.

Rachael K. on 07/29/2017
Rachael said this business was very kind, professional and they did the job well.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon XL
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017
JON P. on 07/28/2017
"Always do a great job....I truly trust Steve and the guys"
Always good...have used Keller's for years
Vehicle: Ford Expedition
Service Date: 07/24/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 05:48 PM
CODY R. on 07/28/2017
"Okay service, but hold onto your wallet"
Keller's does good work, but they are very expensive and do a lot of upselling. On a recent visit, I was charged $120 to tighten a loose headlamp fuse. I was also charged $110 for rotors that AutoZone sells for $50 (same part number). This wasn't the first time I've felt like I'd been hosed by Keller's but it will be the last.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 07/27/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 11:45 AM
Steve E., Manager at Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel responded on 07/28/2017

Mr Robertson, first off let me thank you for trusting Keller's to work on your vehicles. We strive to be the best that we can be in an industry were there are so many repair shops that are not honest. I'm sorry for the fact that it costs money to diagnose an electrical issue, but it takes time to find problems and circut testing is the only way find it. The aftermarket headlight system that had been installed made testing more difficult. The parts used to repair the brakes have a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty and in order to stay in business we have to make a profit. I of course want your business and will be glad to discuss this with you and anwser any questions you have. Thank you Steve Eidson store manager

Mark G. on 07/24/2017
Mark said this business provided really good service. They did as promised and they didn't take too long to get it done. The personnel were nice and informative.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/24/2017
Lora W. on 07/22/2017
Lora said she's had a lot of work done there and they always do a good job. They are good about ordering special parts. They provide loaner vehicles at no extra charge, which is helpful.
Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/17/2017 04:16 PM
Nathan D. on 07/15/2017
Nathan said this business is very helpful. They gave him a rental for him to use while they were servicing his vehicle and the rate they offered was better than what was quoted from other facilities.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017
ED F. on 07/14/2017
"Prompt "
The car was ready when they said. They never do unnecessary work.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 07/08/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 08:01 PM
Julie G. on 07/14/2017
Julie said she was happy with this service.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta Sedan