Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6
Robert G. on 01/06/2017
"2015 Outback drivers door issue"
My drivers side door started sounding like a empty drum when it closes. Although this vehicle is still under the "bumper to bumper" warranty, I was told that this issue was probably cause by someone who's knee or some soft bump (no visible damage) rub up against the door causing the adhesive inside the door to separate. I am 1000% sure this did not happen. I was told that it can't be fixed. I was told to take it up with an auto body shop. Being a Toyota owner for the past 30 years, I was reluctant to purchase anything else. I gave Subaru a try and can safely say I will not be purchasing another Subaru. I am currently in the market to replace this outback with another Toyota. I just don't trust that Subaru will back their product and it seems they want to push the blame on something where they don't have to cover the inadequate design of the door
Service Date: 12/23/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2017 03:27 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/06/2017

Hello Robert,

We can certainly understand your frustration, however it should not be with the Subaru product.  Your vehicle is still covered by the bumper to bumper manufacturer's defect warranty.  This warranty covers all defects in workman ship, but it does not cover damage to a vehicle from an outside influence.  As you mentioned at the last service when speaking with the Service Director, the "tinny sound" coming from the driver's door started suddenly after 33,000 miles of driving.  When we removed the door panel, we saw clear signs that something had struck the door.  the sheet metal was bent around the support braces. Our technician attempted to add sound dampening material to reduce the sound, however due to the impact, the correct fix would be to have the door repaired.  This is why we recommended you contact your insurance company and have the vehicle repaired at a body shop.  Subaru is a product that the manufacturer stands behind 100%.  No manufacturer (including Toyota) will cover damage from an outside influence under the manufacturers defect warranty.  We would be happy to recommend a body shop to complete the repairs if that is a direction that you would like to move.  Let us know if there is any other way that we can be of assistance.

Regards,

Glen

Jessica O. on 12/12/2016
"misogynistic"
Mechanic only addressed my husband and not me, despite it being my car and despite me standing right next to my husband.
Service Date: 11/26/2016
Review Created: 12/12/2016 11:44 AM
Marcus D. on 11/28/2016
"Service with a smile end result hurt"
I recently came in to get my tire repaired as it was slowly leaking. I asked if I needed to get a new tire or if it was repairable. The tire was repaired and I went on my merry way until I went to go back to visit family in northern Maine and my tire blew out (same tire). I was stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow for 2 hours.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Service Date: 11/14/2016
Review Created: 11/28/2016 05:33 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/28/2016

Thank you for the feedback.  We are very sorry to hear that you had another incident with the tire.  As you are aware, tires can be very expensive to replace.  Depending on tread depth, in some cases it is necessary to replace all four tires if one can not be repaired.  At Patriot Subaru, we will always try to remedy the situation with the customer's best interest in mind.  If we feel that the tire can be patched, we will always attempt that method to save the cost of new tires.  I am not sure if the repair did not hold, or if another issue happened with the tire.  in any event, we are sorry you were left stranded and will help in any way that we can.

Regards,
Glen

Kara R. on 11/11/2016
"Purchase of new Outback"
Our salesman Chis was very professional, knowledgable about Subaru models, and was good about letting us shop the car and discuss it without pestering us. The sales part of the experience was very good and I would generally recommend his assistance if you go to Pilgrim. However, the experience starting with the finance/payment area and preparation of the car prior to pick up was not great. Make sure to familiarize yourself on what current rates are being offered by Subaru and your bank and local banks in light of your credit score and what rates are offered for what timeframes you are looking to pay your loan within. And be ready for a LONG financing process coupled with a super uncomfortable sales pitch for insurance/protection coverage. Felt like I was in the 1950s. I will leave it at that!
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I LI
Service Date: 10/20/2016
Review Created: 11/11/2016 01:56 PM
Janice W. on 11/05/2016
"over charged for oil change"
disappointed i received a coupon for an oil change for 29 dollars but forgot it and was charge 63. I bought my car from you and feel I should be given a credit.
Service Date: 10/22/2016
Review Created: 11/05/2016 05:57 PM
Donald S. on 10/22/2016
"I don't know what kind of oil was put in my car"
The girl at the counter told me regular oil and the sticker on my car said return in 6,000 miles?
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 3.
Service Date: 10/08/2016
Review Created: 10/22/2016 08:14 AM
Kiki M. on 10/16/2016
"Problem still not fixed"
Cystomer service has improved, however this was the second visit for the same problem (caused by a previous visit), and still was not solved. Vehicle is back in currently. Maybe third time will be the charm?
Service Date: 10/01/2016
Review Created: 10/16/2016 12:19 PM
Kiki M. on 10/10/2016
"Probem still not fixed"
While the customer service aspect has gone up, this was the second time my vehicle was in for a leak that started right after the AC in my car was fixed. The problem still wasn't fixed.....still leaking away.
Service Date: 09/26/2016
Review Created: 10/10/2016 04:19 AM
Karen M. on 09/12/2016
"Specifically stated I would require use of a loaner car. Arrived at service 9am time of appt. no loaner cars available . Option given was to wait 2 hours or make an appt. for another day"
I had visited Patriot service dept.2x over the last 4 mos. unfortunately, both visits were below average.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY OTB
Service Date: 08/29/2016
Review Created: 09/12/2016 05:14 AM
Michael P. on 09/09/2016
"Recent new car purchase"
While I did get the exact car I was looking for at the price that fit our budget, I wish my experience with the sales and management team was better. One manager that I worked with was a huge help in tracking down the exact car I wanted but during the process never called me with updates when he said he would. The salesperson gave us the wrong information about the vehicle and process multiple times. When taking us through pricing and payment options she repeatedly used figures that didn't apply to us. A manager stepped in and took over telling us that "she just drives cars around". To purchase the car we worked with another manager that was very condescending to my wife. I then drove the car off the lot and had to stop for gas as the tank was nearly empty. When I brought the car back for the inspection they realized there was an issue with the registration paperwork they submitted. Our salesperson said that the manager who did the registration was "new and doesn't know what they're doing yet". After our salesperson took the car to get inspected I found that she had opened all the windows and sunroof, changed the radio and had the air conditioning on high, clearly enjoying her ride in my car to get it inspected. I love the car but again, would have hoped for a better experience with the people we worked with.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA LIMITED
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 08/14/2016
Review Created: 09/09/2016 05:34 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/20/2016

Hi Michael,
Your review was received last week. We should have responded sooner, but we took your comments and addressed them at our staff meeting yesterday.  As per our policy, we address concerns as a team, so we all can see and learn.  With that, we do owe you an apology for not providing service that meets our goals and standards.  There were several items as you noted, and we have moved to correct them.  Thank you for taking the time to write, and know that it did make a difference.
Best regards,
VJ Donnelly, General Manager

Elizabeth K. on 07/15/2016
"Unhapy"
Your serviceperson is consistently disrespectful to me. This visit he ignored my request not to wash my car. I didn't want it washed because I had just had it detailed. Then he performed a front-end alignment without asking my permission. I don't appreciate this. I don't believe my car needed an alignment.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 07/01/2016
Review Created: 07/15/2016 02:55 AM
Ronald D. on 06/21/2016
"Never to return."
Started request online.
Filled out everything in detail.
Friday before memorial day.
First available appointment
Had to repeat all I submitted online, this process lost the windshield washers
Was talked out of getting plugs and wires, told that it was better to
get the lvl3 service, which I thought included all costs and was never informed otherwise.
Called around 3:30 and told my car has not been viewed. I said I
understood, we rescheduled for first thing Monday, Memorial day.

Came in memorial day, alex had me repeat all, no carry forward from prior
Still forgot the windshield washers
On Memorial day I cant get an inspection.
I forgot the inner wheel well, called later to ask to have that put
in again to look at.
Alex called and said I had some issues they found, was going to be
about 1,000 in repairs, would fix my brake shake.
I asked her about my AC, she said they tested it and said it was
blowing cold. I said to make sure they test it again, she said
recharge 125.
Alex said a manager would be needed, he would be in at noon.
Noon came and went, around 4 alex said she would check and let me know
when I arrived.
I had to ask about it yet again, I was told a manager would be calling me.
When I arrived to get my car, I was told the manager that had come in
at noon was now gone by 3pm and would call me.

The next day my car shook on the highway, I was not happy. It rained
too to boot.

No call from said manager on this date

I drove back to the dealership, talked to the service tech from my
first appointment, he remembered me, apologized and offered to install
the wheel well at cost.
He said I would get the first appointment and we chose a tuesday
because he said that way I was assured to be serviced and out first.
He ordered my part and we shook hands.

I came in today at 8, I was second in. I stayed until 9, I talked to a
sales person about a new WRX, took his card.
Around 9 I realized I didnt have my phone, my car was still in the
lot, grabbed my phone. Clearly not being serviced first here.

I called at 2:30, asked for status on my car, was told no one was
available to help me and alex would call me back.
Alex called me at 3:20, almost an hour later to let me know they just
started taking a look at my shaking while braking issue, but the
wipers and inner wheel were done.

When I got to the dealer I was asked to wait 20 minutes and my rotors (found to have an issue last visit) would be addressed.

Now my brakes are fine, but my front right wheel well was put on was put on wrong and a part of it had been left off.
I returned, colin attached the missing piece but didint fix the incorrect install that was existing. This piece rattles now.

My car fresh from its 250 point inspection, with 4 new tires, all wheel alignment and smooth as baby's bottom rotors - isnt perfectly smooth at 65 and slightly wiggles over 80, unless thats the WRX way, I dont think its correct still.

I all through this process was talking to your associates about ordering a 2017 WRX because it had this great lifetime warranty, I have two cards.

I have never had a good experience here, someone smoked in my car during one trip and my pre scheduled oil changes take longer than an hour so I gave up going here for oil a long time ago.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WR
Service Date: 06/07/2016
Review Created: 06/21/2016 12:06 PM
Kerriann D. on 06/10/2016
"Disappointed "
I read so many great reviews before choosing this dealership, and my purchase experience was great, but this service visit was a let down. I understand safety recalls are difficult, and applaud Subaru for taking quick action, but the customer service experience was not what I expected. I hope it is not an indicator for future service visits.
Service Date: 05/27/2016
Review Created: 06/10/2016 04:40 AM
Thomas R. on 06/08/2016
"Not very cautious"
Although they were friendly and tried to help, we picked up my wife's car and she noticed a small gouge in dash. The manager stated that they wouldn't have gone in that way. Although not clean (dusty)..my wife knows her car and that was the only cleared spot on dash. Then veh. wouldn't start. They said door must have been open too long and we should replace battery. They jumped it and we have had no issues since???
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY GT
Service Date: 05/25/2016
Review Created: 06/08/2016 05:50 AM
Dayna G. on 05/31/2016
"Quick but not up to par with other dealers"
First time taking my vehicle here, service was quick but they did not vacuum or wash my car, as all other dealers provide complimentary. The cost of the service was the same as the other dealers, so I feel like I'm missing a big benefit of going to the dealer.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 05/17/2016
Review Created: 05/31/2016 11:26 AM
Gregory D. on 03/26/2016
"It was fine but $100 for a oil change and tire rotation? You don't need to respond but I'll have my oil change locally. "
What do you fix under my warranty?
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTR
Service Date: 03/12/2016
Review Created: 03/26/2016 03:17 PM
Anne S. on 01/19/2016
"Something not quite right. Satisfied in end but lost a day"
So. I had a flat on one of four brand new tires but from patriot. I called ahead to see if I could bring the car by to get a new tire after AAA put on the donut. They said sure, but did not ask about the tire or look up my records in advance. The result was that when I got there they did not have the right tire and I had to return the following day , which meant postponing a trip I was about to take. The reason they did not have the tire, they told me, was the just after they put the 4 new tires on, the company stopped making the tirEs. I am hoping that there will not be another flat that means I have to buy two to four new tires and I wondered whether I got those tires to run down stock when Subaru knew there would be a change.

Which brings me to the second problem. The service e manager felt certain I had caused the flat (the tire was shredded all around the rim) by running up against a curb. The technicians was less sure of this, and I have no memory of such an event. I suspect that the tire was defective and hope that the others are not also prone to the same problem. At any rate the manager did defer to me on this and did not charge me, which I definitely appreciate.
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 01/19/2016 05:12 AM
Maxine P. on 12/05/2015
"Issue with gas door "
Our gas door kept on getting stuck and would not open. We were extremely disappointed that this was the third time we had to come for this issues when it was supposed to have been fixed each other time. We live 40 miles away and we did purchase a outback from somerset Subaru in 2014( which is only 15 miles from home) and decided to get our legacy from you. Thank goodness it was fixed this time because if it wasn't we would not do any business with patriot Subaru again. Honestly the only saving grace was you newer employee in customer service , I don't even know his name but he is from Colorado, was EXCELLENT!!! He tried to ease our frustration and did. What made us even more frustrated was when we purchased the 2015 legacy we were told we could have a loaner car and if we asked days ahead and this was the second time a loaner was not available after they said one would be.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5
Service Date: 11/20/2015
Review Created: 12/05/2015 06:51 PM
Gail P. on 12/01/2015
"Customer Service is not that great."
The sales person as well as the guy that went over the cars electronics were very good. However, I bought a $31k car with not even a handshake or thanks from the sales manager. I have bought many cars in my lifetime and have also been thanked by the sales manager. Also, I agreed to an option as part of the negotiation and several months later I still do not have it. The back up camera is my car also doesn't work half the time as it is very fuzzy. I brought it in and was told that the car needed to be warm. I knew at the time it was just a line to get me out of there. I know the back up camera has nothing to do with whether or not the engine is warm. Also, since they are a mandatory safety feature it should work 100% of the time. If car dealers like Hyundai and Kia can have high performance on their cameras I would think a dealership like Subaru would far exceed theirs. Overall the sales person was great but that was it. Unless customer service improves I am not sure I would buy another car from there
Service Date: 11/03/2015
Review Created: 12/01/2015 03:41 PM
Jason P. on 11/17/2015
"frustration"
I took my subaru in for a rotational noise, almost grinding that I heard on the highway, around 70mph. They diagnosed and I spent $2,070 fixing various stuff, they said this would take care of the noise. The noise did not go away and so I brought it back 3 months later, spent another $1,954, again they said the noise would be taken care of. The noise is still there...and I have no more money to spend, so I live with it.. Don't get me wrong, for the most part, the car runs great. I mean, it should after dumping $4k into a car with under 100k.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Service Date: 10/28/2015