Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6

Faith F. on 02/17/2017
"Two Frustrating Appointments"
My husband has had two recent experiences at Patriot Subaru that have been less than par. First, one car was brought in for an oil change and tire rotation. No comments were made by the technicians regarding the state of the tires. Less than one week later my SUBARU got STUCK in the snow. A local tire store thought my tires were in pretty tough shape. About two weeks later, my husband brought in our other subaru. Except that his appointment wasn't in the system and he was told that the gentleman he had been discussing the appointment with no longer worked there. The loaner car that had been promised to him was not available and therefore he couldn't have the work done that was needed.
Service Date: 02/02/2017
Review Created: 02/17/2017 05:31 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/21/2017

Hi Faith,

I am very that the last appointment did not get saved in our system.  As you mentioned, the individual that made the appointment is no longer with us and it appears this appointment fell through the cracks.  As far as the tires, I would love to take a look at them.  We always try to notify our customers when it is time to start thinking about tires.  That being said, we also want to make sure you get the most out of them.  We have certainly have had our fair share of snow and even some of our vehicles with brand new tores on them got stuck in the snow during the last storms.   Many local tire shops will recommend tires before they are truly necessary.  I would love to measure the current tread depths so we can make an informed decision about replacing the tires on your vehicle.  Feel free to call me at your convenience to set up an appointment for us to look at them.

Kenney:Sean on 02/16/2017
"Issues with extended warranty "
I had several concerns with my recent purchased vehicle and took it in to troubleshoot. Every concern I had was excused by the front counter girl before they even pulled my car in. I've had better experience with this dealer but left very upset and unsatisfied
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 3.
Service Date: 01/23/2017
Review Created: 02/16/2017 05:49 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/21/2017

Hi Sean,

I am sorry you left feeling less than satisfied during your last visit.  I spoke with your service advisor regarding diagnosing in the lane.  I agree, that should be left to the technicians.  I know she was just trying to help, but unfortunately sometimes it can cloud the issue.  I apologize for that.  I checked the history and it appears that they did find an issue with the audio unit in your vehicle and have ordered a new one.  If there is anything else I can do to help, do not hesitate to contact me.

Glen Reed
Group Service Director

Nikos V. on 02/13/2017
"Well They Don't Really Care About You."
We knew exactly what we wanted. We test drove it and loved it. Easy sale. We barely bargained on price, it was already discounted $1K. Still an easy sale. Then we waited for hours to get into the finance office. Others were put in line before us. We left. No concern on the part of office manager or sales person that we were leaving without closing the deal. Did they really not want this easy sale? We told them we would return the following day to close the deal. We showed up. We probably shouldn't have, but we are people of our word who respect and are not rude to people we meet in any part of our lives, even if they are less than considerate of us and our time. We went to the finance office and met with the finance manager to sign our paperwork. And what did he do ??? Tried to sell us warranties, and more add ons and we wasted an hour listening to a sales pitch for all this stuff we didn't want or need. At all. Not respectful, considerate or concerned about customer service.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.0XT
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 01/29/2017
Review Created: 02/13/2017 06:03 PM
Lubelczyk;Rebecca on 02/08/2017
"Numbers don't make sense"
A few months ago, my low oil light comes on before my car is due for an oil change so when I heard that some models are burning oil, I brought my manual transmission Crosstrek in for a consumption test. When I returned it after driving the required miles, I was told that it was found to be burning the right amount of oil, especially since I had gone 200 miles over the miles I was told to go. I explained that I only went 12 miles over. It turns out that the mileage number had 2 digits transposed, making it look like my mileage was 200 more than I went. I was told my oil consumption was still ok and manual transmissions burn more anyway. Then, last month, the oil change light came on 1800 miles before the next service due. I took it in and they said again, it was within the expected consumption for 5000 miles. I told them to check their math again because I hadn't gone 5000 miles but only 4200, which they confirmed and authorized another consumption test since the last one was done incorrectly. I haven't gone for it yet because they topped off the oil and I will do it when my next oil change is actually due. I hope that we do the math right this next time because I do smell a burning element on the passenger side foot area every once in a while.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTR
Service Date: 01/10/2017
Review Created: 02/08/2017 02:52 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/15/2017

Hi Rebecca,

We spoke on the phone, and again I apologize for the math error at your last visit.  Rest assured, we will check you oil consumption rate very carefully at your next visit and move forward with a repair if the consumption rate is excessive.  We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.

Jason S. on 01/21/2017
"Not likely to go back"
There was grease on my dashboard like the tech placed something up there. A week later I was out of washer fluid since I'm guessing that wasn't filled. I'm not likely to go back.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA LI
Service Date: 01/03/2017
Review Created: 01/21/2017 06:20 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/27/2017

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.  I see that you had a level 2 service completed at your last service.  I'm not sure how the tech would have gotten grease on the dashboard, however our goal is to always ensure the vehicle is returned cleaner than we found it.  We apologize for the over site and would be happy to perform an interior detailing as a goodwill gesture for our mistake.  Please call our service department to schedule a time that will be convenient for you.  We will also be happy to top off all of the fluids again.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ruth O. on 01/13/2017
"The Sales process was difficult. Transparent ???/ no way ! not very clear answers, lot's of "I'll have to go and ask" statements . They don't leave you with a feeling of confidence about their dealership."
First off, The car that I saw in an ad on line was different than the car they showed us. On line it was a 5 spd, in person it was an automatic ? On line it had 17" aftermarket wheels and tires, in person they were 15" tires and hubcaps ? They talk about fair price and value and they gave a number of $13,450 as comparative price for the car and they were $1,000 over that price to start ?? We had to sit through a flip chart sales speak presentation from the "non commission based" salesman about what they offered as a dealership. Right down through financing and leasing even though he was told that we were paying cash for the car ? We were then told by the rep that "all our cars ( even the used ones we sell) have an extended warranty to 100,000 miles on the power train, blah, blah, blah...." Only to find out later from Mr. "Upsell" in the office that you have to buy the extended warranty for a car with over 50,000 miles ?? After we agreed to buy the car and put money down we told them that we had to transfer some money and that we needed two days to do so. The Manager then came and told us that he could work it so we could write him a check for the full sale amount, take the car and deal with the paperwork later ? He also was all sorts of apologetic about the mix up with the wheels and transmission information and said he would make thing right for us ...... Then the car wasn't ready on the day it was supposed to be and there were problems with the tire pressure lights and more inside lights in the car etc. This is all after we were told that it was all checked over and "set to go". Later in the day when it was again supposed to be ready it had to go for a Vin check and then had an engine light problem so we were without the car another day and I needed to get a ride to work as I had no car because the registration and insurance had been transferred to the new car. Had we not transferred the insurance we would have cancelled the checks and told them to keep the car....., Not a Fan of Patriot Subaru at all .
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Service Date: 12/29/2016
Review Created: 01/13/2017 12:01 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/19/2017

HI Ruth,
Thanks for sending in your review.  We were aware that the process was not smooth, so your comments were fair, and became the focal point for a team meeting.   Beginning with a data entry error on the transmission/wheels -  Human error, but should not happen. We’ve discussed it with that person, and made them aware that a simple mistake can be costly both in dollars and reputation.   The sales associate was new to the team, eager to do things right.  On one hand it sounds like they missed some cues in your conversation, but at the same time it is to your benefit to hear the finance or lease programs. It was not the right thing for you, but other folks do change their mind after hearing the options.  Still, the presentation needed polish. Lastly, the delays in having the car ready on time was a service issue, and thus we brought the service managers in to go over the issues you experienced. Overall,  we want you to be excited about the vehicle, and it’s on us that you were disappointed. We have high expectations for what we do, so this one was certainly a reminder that even though we have very high ratings,  we must work to improve.
Sincerely,
Patriot Subaru

John A. on 01/07/2017
"Very slow and Bad Customer Service "
Came in to report a new car is making lots of noise at the bad-end, affecting the drive of the car on Highway speed. The tire light was also on. They looked and later found the back tire has 2 nails in it. It was established by their sales lady and myself that this light was on before I bought the car and I had asked the services to check and fix the issue. I had also complained about the noise, but it was ignored. Now, the manager, who I spoke to after the front desk person was unable to help, tried to get me to pay for the tire. Before he even came to talk to me, I had waited for a long time. He went to look at the tire, something he should have done before speaking to me, and never came back. The front desk came back to say that they will buy the tire and I will receive a call to come in for installation 4 days after. This is about 10 days after, no calls from them. I then called and I was transferred to Parts and then back to Services before I was scheduled for installation one week ahead. The front desk person Mary needs some training in customer service as well as the manager I met on December 24, 2016 at 10:00 AM. I feel like I was treated like they don't care about my complaints, even though I proved to them that the tire issue was detected before the sale of the car and it was ignored. The stress was very unnecessary and other dealers certainly don't treat customers that way and still expect to be in business.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5
Service Date: 12/24/2016
Review Created: 01/07/2017 07:11 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/26/2017

Hi John,

We are sorry you felt you had a bad experience at our dealership.  When you brought the vehicle in for us to look at, the technician did find two nails in the tire.  We perform a thorough inspection of our vehicles before they are sold and it is unusual that these nails would have been overlooked.   That being said, customer service is important to us, which is why the general manager agreed to cover the cost of replacing the tire as a goodwill gesture.  We apologize that the communication process broke down between our parts and service department.  You should have been contacted as soon as the tire came in.  We have addressed our special parts ordering process and have put measures in place to ensure that this does not happen to other customers. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve our processes to better serve our customers.

Robert G. on 01/06/2017
"2015 Outback drivers door issue"
My drivers side door started sounding like a empty drum when it closes. Although this vehicle is still under the "bumper to bumper" warranty, I was told that this issue was probably cause by someone who's knee or some soft bump (no visible damage) rub up against the door causing the adhesive inside the door to separate. I am 1000% sure this did not happen. I was told that it can't be fixed. I was told to take it up with an auto body shop. Being a Toyota owner for the past 30 years, I was reluctant to purchase anything else. I gave Subaru a try and can safely say I will not be purchasing another Subaru. I am currently in the market to replace this outback with another Toyota. I just don't trust that Subaru will back their product and it seems they want to push the blame on something where they don't have to cover the inadequate design of the door
Service Date: 12/23/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2017 03:27 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/06/2017

Hello Robert,

We can certainly understand your frustration, however it should not be with the Subaru product.  Your vehicle is still covered by the bumper to bumper manufacturer's defect warranty.  This warranty covers all defects in workman ship, but it does not cover damage to a vehicle from an outside influence.  As you mentioned at the last service when speaking with the Service Director, the "tinny sound" coming from the driver's door started suddenly after 33,000 miles of driving.  When we removed the door panel, we saw clear signs that something had struck the door.  the sheet metal was bent around the support braces. Our technician attempted to add sound dampening material to reduce the sound, however due to the impact, the correct fix would be to have the door repaired.  This is why we recommended you contact your insurance company and have the vehicle repaired at a body shop.  Subaru is a product that the manufacturer stands behind 100%.  No manufacturer (including Toyota) will cover damage from an outside influence under the manufacturers defect warranty.  We would be happy to recommend a body shop to complete the repairs if that is a direction that you would like to move.  Let us know if there is any other way that we can be of assistance.

Jessica O. on 12/12/2016
"misogynistic"
Mechanic only addressed my husband and not me, despite it being my car and despite me standing right next to my husband.
Service Date: 11/26/2016
Review Created: 12/12/2016 11:44 AM
Marcus D. on 11/28/2016
"Service with a smile end result hurt"
I recently came in to get my tire repaired as it was slowly leaking. I asked if I needed to get a new tire or if it was repairable. The tire was repaired and I went on my merry way until I went to go back to visit family in northern Maine and my tire blew out (same tire). I was stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow for 2 hours.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Service Date: 11/14/2016
Review Created: 11/28/2016 05:33 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/28/2016

Thank you for the feedback.  We are very sorry to hear that you had another incident with the tire.  As you are aware, tires can be very expensive to replace.  Depending on tread depth, in some cases it is necessary to replace all four tires if one can not be repaired.  At Patriot Subaru, we will always try to remedy the situation with the customer's best interest in mind.  If we feel that the tire can be patched, we will always attempt that method to save the cost of new tires.  I am not sure if the repair did not hold, or if another issue happened with the tire.  in any event, we are sorry you were left stranded and will help in any way that we can.

Kara R. on 11/11/2016
"Purchase of new Outback"
Our salesman Chis was very professional, knowledgable about Subaru models, and was good about letting us shop the car and discuss it without pestering us. The sales part of the experience was very good and I would generally recommend his assistance if you go to Pilgrim. However, the experience starting with the finance/payment area and preparation of the car prior to pick up was not great. Make sure to familiarize yourself on what current rates are being offered by Subaru and your bank and local banks in light of your credit score and what rates are offered for what timeframes you are looking to pay your loan within. And be ready for a LONG financing process coupled with a super uncomfortable sales pitch for insurance/protection coverage. Felt like I was in the 1950s. I will leave it at that!
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I LI
Service Date: 10/20/2016
Review Created: 11/11/2016 01:56 PM
Janice W. on 11/05/2016
"over charged for oil change"
disappointed i received a coupon for an oil change for 29 dollars but forgot it and was charge 63. I bought my car from you and feel I should be given a credit.
Service Date: 10/22/2016
Review Created: 11/05/2016 05:57 PM
Donald S. on 10/22/2016
"I don't know what kind of oil was put in my car"
The girl at the counter told me regular oil and the sticker on my car said return in 6,000 miles?
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 3.
Service Date: 10/08/2016
Review Created: 10/22/2016 08:14 AM
Kiki M. on 10/16/2016
"Problem still not fixed"
Cystomer service has improved, however this was the second visit for the same problem (caused by a previous visit), and still was not solved. Vehicle is back in currently. Maybe third time will be the charm?
Service Date: 10/01/2016
Review Created: 10/16/2016 12:19 PM
Kiki M. on 10/10/2016
"Probem still not fixed"
While the customer service aspect has gone up, this was the second time my vehicle was in for a leak that started right after the AC in my car was fixed. The problem still wasn't fixed.....still leaking away.
Service Date: 09/26/2016
Review Created: 10/10/2016 04:19 AM
Karen M. on 09/12/2016
"Specifically stated I would require use of a loaner car. Arrived at service 9am time of appt. no loaner cars available . Option given was to wait 2 hours or make an appt. for another day"
I had visited Patriot service dept.2x over the last 4 mos. unfortunately, both visits were below average.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY OTB
Service Date: 08/29/2016
Review Created: 09/12/2016 05:14 AM
Michael P. on 09/09/2016
"Recent new car purchase"
While I did get the exact car I was looking for at the price that fit our budget, I wish my experience with the sales and management team was better. One manager that I worked with was a huge help in tracking down the exact car I wanted but during the process never called me with updates when he said he would. The salesperson gave us the wrong information about the vehicle and process multiple times. When taking us through pricing and payment options she repeatedly used figures that didn't apply to us. A manager stepped in and took over telling us that "she just drives cars around". To purchase the car we worked with another manager that was very condescending to my wife. I then drove the car off the lot and had to stop for gas as the tank was nearly empty. When I brought the car back for the inspection they realized there was an issue with the registration paperwork they submitted. Our salesperson said that the manager who did the registration was "new and doesn't know what they're doing yet". After our salesperson took the car to get inspected I found that she had opened all the windows and sunroof, changed the radio and had the air conditioning on high, clearly enjoying her ride in my car to get it inspected. I love the car but again, would have hoped for a better experience with the people we worked with.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA LIMITED
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 08/14/2016
Review Created: 09/09/2016 05:34 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/20/2016

Hi Michael,
Your review was received last week. We should have responded sooner, but we took your comments and addressed them at our staff meeting yesterday.  As per our policy, we address concerns as a team, so we all can see and learn.  With that, we do owe you an apology for not providing service that meets our goals and standards.  There were several items as you noted, and we have moved to correct them.  Thank you for taking the time to write, and know that it did make a difference.
Best regards,
VJ Donnelly, General Manager

Elizabeth K. on 07/15/2016
"Unhapy"
Your serviceperson is consistently disrespectful to me. This visit he ignored my request not to wash my car. I didn't want it washed because I had just had it detailed. Then he performed a front-end alignment without asking my permission. I don't appreciate this. I don't believe my car needed an alignment.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 07/01/2016
Review Created: 07/15/2016 02:55 AM
Ronald D. on 06/21/2016
"Never to return."
Started request online.
Filled out everything in detail.
Friday before memorial day.
First available appointment
Had to repeat all I submitted online, this process lost the windshield washers
Was talked out of getting plugs and wires, told that it was better to
get the lvl3 service, which I thought included all costs and was never informed otherwise.
Called around 3:30 and told my car has not been viewed. I said I
understood, we rescheduled for first thing Monday, Memorial day.

Came in memorial day, alex had me repeat all, no carry forward from prior
Still forgot the windshield washers
On Memorial day I cant get an inspection.
I forgot the inner wheel well, called later to ask to have that put
in again to look at.
Alex called and said I had some issues they found, was going to be
about 1,000 in repairs, would fix my brake shake.
I asked her about my AC, she said they tested it and said it was
blowing cold. I said to make sure they test it again, she said
recharge 125.
Alex said a manager would be needed, he would be in at noon.
Noon came and went, around 4 alex said she would check and let me know
when I arrived.
I had to ask about it yet again, I was told a manager would be calling me.
When I arrived to get my car, I was told the manager that had come in
at noon was now gone by 3pm and would call me.

The next day my car shook on the highway, I was not happy. It rained
too to boot.

No call from said manager on this date

I drove back to the dealership, talked to the service tech from my
first appointment, he remembered me, apologized and offered to install
the wheel well at cost.
He said I would get the first appointment and we chose a tuesday
because he said that way I was assured to be serviced and out first.
He ordered my part and we shook hands.

I came in today at 8, I was second in. I stayed until 9, I talked to a
sales person about a new WRX, took his card.
Around 9 I realized I didnt have my phone, my car was still in the
lot, grabbed my phone. Clearly not being serviced first here.

I called at 2:30, asked for status on my car, was told no one was
available to help me and alex would call me back.
Alex called me at 3:20, almost an hour later to let me know they just
started taking a look at my shaking while braking issue, but the
wipers and inner wheel were done.

When I got to the dealer I was asked to wait 20 minutes and my rotors (found to have an issue last visit) would be addressed.

Now my brakes are fine, but my front right wheel well was put on was put on wrong and a part of it had been left off.
I returned, colin attached the missing piece but didint fix the incorrect install that was existing. This piece rattles now.

My car fresh from its 250 point inspection, with 4 new tires, all wheel alignment and smooth as baby's bottom rotors - isnt perfectly smooth at 65 and slightly wiggles over 80, unless thats the WRX way, I dont think its correct still.

I all through this process was talking to your associates about ordering a 2017 WRX because it had this great lifetime warranty, I have two cards.

I have never had a good experience here, someone smoked in my car during one trip and my pre scheduled oil changes take longer than an hour so I gave up going here for oil a long time ago.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WR
Service Date: 06/07/2016
Review Created: 06/21/2016 12:06 PM
Kerriann D. on 06/10/2016
"Disappointed "
I read so many great reviews before choosing this dealership, and my purchase experience was great, but this service visit was a let down. I understand safety recalls are difficult, and applaud Subaru for taking quick action, but the customer service experience was not what I expected. I hope it is not an indicator for future service visits.
Service Date: 05/27/2016