BK
Barbara K.
Chevrolet Cruze
07/19/2019
Like a new car
This was my first visit on a recommendation from a co-worker. I went in for a check engine light and they were able to take car of the issue as well as routine service I needed. At 206,000+ miles my car runs like it's new again! Who knows, maybe I'll get another 206,000+ miles! I definitely will return for any additional service I need.

Debra P.
Albany, NY
07/19/2019
First Timer
This was absolutely painless. I called for an appointment and the next day I was in. They serviced my car, did what needed to be done and NO sales pitch for additional work. What a relief to find a car service company who listens and does the best. Thank you

John M.
Ford Windstar Wagon
07/18/2019 Category: Service
John said they are the best and he recommends them.

BK
Bernard K.
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Diane. She said the business does very good work.

CF
Claire F.
Subaru Impreza Sedan
07/11/2019
Simply the Best
Tim and Kirby offer the best customer service and car care. They are totally honest. Never hesitate to recommend them.

Delanson, NY
Volkswagen Tiguan
07/10/2019
Breakdown
My car broke down... I left it at Advanced over a weekend ... without an appointment.... Timm.called and advised me of the problem... advised Mr. Of the solution and proceeded with repairs. Great job

RK
Ruth K.
Selkirk, NY
07/09/2019
Inspection
Very confident in the service of my vehicle. Very prompt service. We bring all our cars here.

PZ
Pavel Z.
06/27/2019
Poor customer service. Do not want your business. Overcharging. Incompetent
Bottom line: They are too busy and do not want your business. They are by appointment only – do not expect prompt service. Read your bill carefully - they overcharge.

Went to them to get the state inspection, oil change, and have my car engine light fixed and exhaust shield replaced.

First problem. They said, we cannot take your car right now, come back in a week. I get promotional mailings from them regularly, and not a single one said - by appointment only. Their website does not say, by appointment only, either. The owner Timm Baldauf, however, told me that you usually need to call for an appointment a week ahead.

Second problem. OK, I came back in a week. Left the car with them. They charged me for the repairs I did not authorize: rotating tires, replacing cabin filter and engine air filter - for the total of $150. They also charged me $174 for the just "diagnosis" of engine light, which takes all of 5 minutes. The owner Timm Baldauf claimed it takes him 1.5 hours to “diagnose” engine light.

Third problem. They still did not repair the exhaust shield. In the beginning, they could not find the place where it fell off. Then they found the place, but could not repair it the same day. They told me they will give me a quote next day, but never called. A day later, when I called them to ask about the overcharging, they still did not know the price of the exhaust shield. The owner Timm Baldauf claimed, “he is waiting for the quote from Toyota”; I think he was lying because nowadays you can get the price online in minutes.

After my request conversation, Timm Baldauf agreed to refund $100 in unauthorized repairs but refused to refund $174 for the “diagnosis” of the engine light claiming this to be the correct charge because it takes him 1.5 hour at $115 to diagnose the engine light.
Timm B. from Advanced Auto Repair Service responded on 07/16/2019

We are sorry any miscommuication & that we could not take the car right away. A full estimate was given before the work was performed. A PROFESSIONAL disgnosis takes more than five minutes.

AC
Anna C.
Schenectady, NY
Ford Fiesta
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Anna said her experience is always great.

Richard H.
Schuylerville, NY
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Richard said he has used this business for 13 years and never had a problem. He really trusts them. Also, he's happy he found them.

Matt C.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Matt said the business has great customer service. Everything that was needed on the vehicle was completed. They did a wonderful and he will recommend them.

BL
Beth L.
Albany, NY
Subaru Crosstrek
06/02/2019
Great communication
Had a service done for 30000 miles. Everything done was thoroughly explained and I was given a loner car for the time I would have had to wait. The car drives wonderfully! Thank you!

MK
Michael K.
Duanesburg, NY
05/29/2019
Another excellent service appointment
Yes, another excellent service appointment at Advanced Auto. It was my service to switch out my winter tires for my summer tires (and an inspection and oil change). Thanks to their heads up last season, I knew ahead of time that I needed new summer tires. When I ordered the new tires I had them shipped directly to the shop - a convenience they offer. Fortunately for me, the guys checked out the tires prior to my appointment and realized I had ordered the wrong size tires. Thanks to their diligence. I was able to have new tires shipped in time and not have to reschedule my appointment. Another example of the quality of the service. Just amazing. Where do you find this level of service anymore???

PC
Pat C.
New York
Saturn Ion
05/23/2019 Category: Service
Pat said every thing gets done the way he likes it at this business. Its done on time and the guys are nice.

Karen S.
05/23/2019 Category: Service
Karen said they seem to always do a really good job on repairs, they keep her informed and perform the work in a timely manner.

Arthur S.
Delanson, NY
Volkswagen Tiguan
05/01/2019
Maintenance visit
A visit for oil change and tire change —- found rear brakes were worn out —- great safety check

CL
Chris L.
Delmar, NY
Ford Cab
04/29/2019 Category: Service
Chris said everything was excellent. They did a great job.

PB
Patrick B.
04/10/2019
I have been going to Advance Auto Repair for over 13 years and have always received great service at a fair price. I would recommend them to anyone for a repair or maintenance service on their car or truck.

NR
Newton R.
04/06/2019 Category: Service
Newton said the service was good and he was satisfied. He said he feels they are a little expensive.

PM
Pam M.
Nissan Frontier 2WD
03/20/2019 Category: Service
Pam said that the place is excellent to do business with, they are great people and personal service is hard to find in this world today.