MZ
matt z.
Austin, TX
03/28/2019
charge you more than dealership
he charge me $75 for oil change

JZ
JAY Z.
12/06/2011
Everything seemed great...
I recently took my Ford F-150 in for some work after my check engine light came on and it started driving rough. While my truck was there, I also asked if they could take a look at a rear door which was stuck and quote removing the dealer installed after market alarm. I was very impressed with the professionalism and the communication of the staff. They did what I believe to be good diagnostic work to correct my main problem. It wasn't until last night that I lost my faith. When I spoke with them about my main repair, we also spoke about the quote for the alarm removal and what it would cost to fix the door. The main repair ended up being a little more than I expected so I told them to hold off on the other two items. I could live with the door for a while. They said there was a broken cable assembly that needed to be replaced and it would cost a couple hundred, so I figured I'd just take care of it later. Well last night when I picked my sons up from daycare, they found some toy gears that I had beleived my oldest had dropped into the door and caused the problem. After finding those gears, I checked the rear door and would you believe that it worked? So either J&C automotive specialists floated me a $130 cable/latch assembly and $70 worth of labor, or they were they weren't too honest with their estimates (which I had them print out for me). It makes me wonder if I can trust the work they did on my main repair. They were recommended by a friend, but I'll have to think twice about taking another vehicle to them.

TYREE B.
Mazda Protege
11/20/2012
Horrible service
These guys did fix my rear caliper adjustment screw at no charge, but this was the longest i have ever had to wait for an alignment job (over 3 hours!!) First, they were unable to see that my kw coilovers came with slotted strut holes. Then, they didn't even give me the correct camber specs i asked for, so now im having to spend twice as much to get the correct settings from another shop. My alignment is nowhere near correct for a street car. The car feels very unpredictable and has way too much rear camber.

ROSE ANNE M.
Cedar Park, TX
Infiniti G37
10/18/2012
Not for Tire Installation
At shops suggestion, I ordered tires from TireRack.com. The order was delivered to your shop but during installation, a valve stem/sensor was broken as a tire was being removed. A new sensor was ordered and replaced the following day (this took 5 hrs) but the light continues to indicated "low air pressure". Before leaving the shop, I said to the manager that if the light came on again I would be taking the car to Infinity and have the tire sensor repaired and send the bill to Automotive Specialists for reimbursement. It was agreed that would be the right thing to do. I'm hoping they keep their word and reimburse me.

ALAN S.
05/01/2012
unsatisfied
The recommended work performed on my Corrolla did nothing to correct the problem I reported. Also, I would like to hear the Service Advisor read back what he has recorded for the problem(s) I report on my vehicle. Problems can be very specific and it's good to know for sure that he has understood correctly. This is now the second visit in a row, over a twelve month period, in which the problem I reported for my vehicle was not corrected.

CARYL S.
Georgetown, TX
Volkswagen New Beetle
04/12/2012
A bad Experience
Poor job and much less than what I had come to expect.

Joseph B.
01/25/2012 Category: Service
Joseph said he went in for work and the cost was $700 and struts were installed at that time. He was told the struts were too big so he had to make another appointment to go back and have them cut down. He is wondering why this business did not cut them to fit on the first visit. Besides the size he was charged another $100 for the second visit. Joseph said if this is the way this business does business he cannot recommend them to others.

MARCIN G.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
12/28/2011
Scheduled maintenance
I took my car for scheduled maintenance which included costly timing belt replacement. They did it, but did not perform the rest of maintenance - oil and other liquids weren't even topped up! Also over the phone they wanted me to agree on spark plugs replacement for additional $250 and radiator replacement for $450, which other garage offered to fix for $30.

AL
Adrian L.
Hutto, TX
Pontiac Grand Prix
06/16/2012 Category: Service
Adrian said a great job was done, but he thinks he didn't get a discount. It was towed there through Triple A.
Jeanette L. from Automotive Specialist responded on 06/19/2012
In reviewing the invoice for this customer, it was verified that the AAA discount of 10% off labor WAS applied to him and he did receive the discount.

VB
Vincent B.
02/06/2012 Category: Service
Vincent said this business did not fix his vehicle correctly on his first visit. He had to bring his vehicle back and this business fixed it to his satisfaction.

JAMES H.
09/07/2011
Pretty Good
Overall good experience.

GW
GARY W.
11/23/2012
honesty, integrity, good work.
very pleased with the service

MICHELLE R.
Taylor, TX
Toyota ECHO
11/01/2012
Good guys
good guys, wish they'd had the part that I needed in stock, took two days instead of one that it should have. They honored their warranty which was nice.

GJ
GENE J.
10/11/2012
The service was prompt, efficient and complete. I was provided detailed and clear information.r
the service was prompt and efficient.

GW
GARY W.
10/09/2012
Good Service
Good service, dependable and honest!