BEN S.
09/17/2019
My brakes
I’m been their valued customer for yrs already but it’s time for me to move on they just did the oil change for my car and they told me my brakes is halfway and I encountered noise and i need bring it to their shop to get check and I told them that it maybe needs only adjustment .they told me there is no such adjustment and ending up changing my rear brakes and I need to pay 672 for the rear brakes that with the discount. After they changed it I need to return my car due to the noise still there when I step on my brakes. After that I ask them why still the noise is there and they told me my brakes just need adjustment!!!!.
Michael S. from Autowise Car Care responded on 09/18/2019

We are very sorry to hear you are displeased with your service. However, we believe there must have been a misunderstanding:

The reason we could not simply adjust your old brakes to address the noise was due to their age and wear. An adjustment would not have resolved the problem.

New drum brakes often have to be adjusted post-service to ensure optimal performance. However, making the same adjustments to old, worn out brakes makes little differnece.

We sincerely hope that this clears up any miscommunication, and hope to see you again in the future, as you are a valued customer.

Thank you.

Autowise Car Care

PR
Paul R.
Toyota Avalon
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Paul said he's taken his vehicle in a few times for minor things and he always has to bring it back in. He just brought his son in-laws vehicle in and it was in for a few days so he's really lost confidence in them. He will not recommend them.

David M.
GMC Sonoma
10/20/2017 Category: Service
David said this business did not do as promised. He took the car in for an oil change and afterward he noticed they had not put the sticker in the upper-left of the windshield to indicate when he should have his next oil change. When he checked the documents they had written the same thing they had last time. They told him they had topped off of all the fluids and the windshield wiper fluid was almost empty. He then looked under the vehicle to check if they had lubed the chassis and they had not. The oil filter was leaking as well.

HW
HANK W.
Mercedes-Benz E320
01/11/2017
Not Too impressed due to repetition of problems (unsolved) or reoccur. Pls check logs on all my vehicles maintenance done at Autowise.
My review is purely based on service provided by AUTOWISE....in past several years. Service on 2006 Honda Civic - Alternator replacement (supposedly new) failed thus required towing on Freeway which posed personal danger. 2nd Replacement unit makes annoying noise once the engine is heated - brought back in more than 4 times for analysis, but none found according to the technicians, told the unit have 3 YRS warrant. Wait till it fails and bring it back is the message at this time. 2000 Jeep wrangler brought in 3x times or more for Air Coolant problem, the problem exists today, however, afraid to bring the car in since other problems may surface. Few months back, 2000 MBZ 320 was brought in for poor idle and oil change. Was told by technician the MBZ needed brand new spark plugs, all cables replaced, etc., otherwise, the spark plugs could cause back fire, etc. Approved to have synthetic oil change done, however, few days later, "over fill engine oil" light kept popping up. Last month, took car to Mercedes of Pleasanton - oil and filter changed...problem resolved. Why? The problem communicated by technician to change spark plugs, cables, etc., were not the cause of the idling problem. My confidence level in AUTO Wise is very low at this time - possibly NEVER take my cars in unless a warrant purposes.

TN
Tee N.
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Tee said he brought his vehicle to this business for an air conditioner inspection. Later, they said they would contact him with an estimate. They called him later and told him it would cost $120 for them to do the inspection. He refused to have the inspection done. However, when he picked his vehicle up he found that the power door light was on. Now he has find out what this business did wrong to his vehicle. He would tell his friends and family to stay away from them.

AP
ANAND P.
Union City, CA
Volkswagen Passat
07/05/2016
Was great not any more service hac
Keeping car for 1and1/2day and saying we cant repair. Also AW did not bother to call to update repair I hv to call many times

GM
GIL M.
Union City, CA
05/27/2016
I wanted an oil change, when I picked up my car, there was a LOAD noise from the front right tire, that I had never heard before. This is the SECOND time I have brought in my vehicle for service and something else was wrong once I picked up my car!
I have had TWO experiences at Auto Wise, and BOTH were negative! I brought in my car, for an oil change, and I had NO NOISE coming from the wheels (both sides), when I picked up my car, there was a LOUD grinding sound, coming from the right front wheel! I feel there was damage caused by the person who worked on my car, and it was covered up, by saying the wheel lug was missing, and caused the damage! I think that is a CROCK, and I feel that the issue was created by Auto Wise and nothing else! My mom, informed me yesterday, that the same thing happened to them with their vehicle, that they took to Auto Wise. They ended up having to pay almost a thousand dollars for repairs, that they felt were caused by the Technician from Auto Wise! Would I be coming back for service? NOT A CHANCE!!!! I asked for an oil change ONLY, and they ended up trying to rotate my tires and check the brake system! I feel that including an inspection, that I did not authorize, they were trying to CREATE business by recommending or suggesting further service!

JI
JULIAN I.
Tracy, CA
Honda Accord
12/01/2015
I was not happy with my last services
Please take my e-mail out from your record
Michael S. from Autowise Car Care responded on 12/01/2015

Julian,
We truely value your business and apologize you were not happy with your last visit but it is out duty to keep you safe when on the road. Unfortunately the tire and rim was damaged after your accident and it was not safe for both parties to install your damaged tire to a newer rim. The tire had severe cord damage inside which could have blown out when driving if remounted to another rim. We extended our recommedation to have a  new tire installed  to keep you safe but you chose not to replace the tire. We hope you understand our position with keeping you and all parties safe while in your vehicle and also hope you change your mind about your review of our business.

Autowise Car Care