John M.

Marco R.
Baldwin Park, CA
BMW 335i
05/18/2017
Comited to doing good work
Ever since I bought my car here to bimmer Phd. It's never ran so good. They are extremely trust worthy.

RY
Robert Y.
04/30/2017
Phd bimmer is an honest place super competent
I took my used 2008 X5 for post purchase eval and Tim was completely honest. Against his best interests he told me it was a lemon. Tim has die hard BMW fans he meticulously cares for. I would never go elsewhere if I kept this car. But I think BMWs are too touchy for me. Tim is absolutely the dude and I really appreciate how I was treated.

YV
Yolanda V.
San Gabriel, CA
BMW 528i
04/20/2017
Just like new again!
For seven years I have take my 2010 528i to the BMW dealer for service. I purchased an extended warranty so it was a obvious choice.
The last two years a waste of money.
I am so happy that BimmerPhd got under the hood and it drives like new!
Highly recommend you!

Jonathan M.
Bakersfield, CA
BMW 135i
04/13/2017
Best customer and service you can find!
Too many things to say about this place! I come here for all my bmw needs becuase they know exactly what they are doing. I drive 2 hours literally just to bring my bmw here for seevice and everytime i come out happy knowing my baby(car) is in good hands:)

Jonathan L.
BMW Z4
03/31/2017
Check them out.
TL;DR You have to bring your vehicle here if you have a BMW and it needs repairs or servicing.

First and foremost, I am getting a PhD in biomechanics and I say this because I appreciate meticulousness and learning. These guys spot all of the details and don't miss anything. I had a pre-purchase inspection performed on a future car I was interested in. The car looked IMMACULATE on the exterior and the engine bay, but they spotted small things that the dealership tried to cover up but couldn't: differential needs servicing, oil was found in the coolant, struts were leaking, expansion tank is ballooning, thermostat hoses are worn, brake fluid at 3% moisture and a whole slew of other things. Trust me, they don't miss a beat.

Secondly, Tim was really awesome. He explained everything in great detail and spent over an hour discussing questions, concerns or car parts with me. I have a fair amount of theoretical car knowledge (the part names, how they work, etc.) but I have about 3% practical knowledge (spotting it immediately in the car). Tim pretty much made my day. We were there about an hour after they closed and he showed me all of the areas of the car that had issues. We identified every piece of the car that he addresses had problems and I got to explore the car while it was raised and had an amazing learning experience.

As I said before, they are the most thorough car shop I know. For pricing - my observations are simply this: 1.) you'll pay less money if you go to a regular car mechanic than you will at BimmerPhD, 2.) you'll pay a lot more money if you go to a BMW dealership, 3.) BimmerPhD is somewhere in the middle, but probably leans towards the cheaper side and it will be well worth your money. IMO- most mechanics "identify" a problem and "fix" and hope they were right (unless it was a really obvious problem). Dealerships don't do anything really, they are the worst. BimmerPhD will charge a little more than your dealership but they will keep your car in better shape and save you money in the long run.

TG
Terry G.
BMW 330i
03/30/2017
They care
It's hard to find people who actually care about their work and whose mentality isn't "this is broken, just buy a new one." I very much appreciate this in Bimmer PHD.

HU
Heather U.
Altadena, CA
BMW 328xi
03/22/2017
Always Excellent
I can't say enough good things about this repair shop. They are thorough, transparent and top-notch. After I drop my car off and they take a look at it, I receive an email with photos and an explanation of the problem, and Tim always then elaborates on what is needed and why. I actually feel like I have passing knowledge about how a car functions at this point simply because Tim gives such in-depth explanations about the repair work. Everyone who works there is friendly and customer service-oriented, and like the dealer they will get you a rental car if your repair takes longer than a day.

With car repair, you get what you pay for. I bought an expensive car, and I'm not surprised or upset that repairing it is sometimes costly; I've tried cheaper mechanics over the years and wound up having ongoing problems because of shoddy work and/or replacements parts. I want the job done well, and with Bimmer PhD I have peace of mind that when they say something is fixed, it is truly fixed. Three years of service on my car has demonstrated the quality of their work. My car is now over 100,000 miles and running smoothly, largely thanks to their staying on top of potential problems.

Derek B.
Los Angeles, CA
BMW 745Li
03/22/2017 Category: Service
Derek said the business is flexible and they work with his schedule.

CP
Carla P.
Arcadia, CA
10/29/2011
Tim is honest and reliable
I am so lucky to have found these guys. I lost my job a while back and thought about getting rid of my car after my warranty ran out, I had no idea what I was going to do. Tim has been there for me every time. He worked with me to bring the car back to amazing working condition a little bit at a time, working on the most important parts first and always making sure he's within my budget. I highly recommend them for honesty and reasonable prices.