05/17/2019
BMW x5 diesel
Bimmer PHD was very helpful in my car service. They educated me on what they did and were very helpful throughout the process.

Molly M.
South Pasadena, CA
12/16/2018
Unknown
I dropped my car off at 9:30am for an oil change and a battery, I was told that my car would be done by the afternoon. Got a call at 5:30pm saying that the battery was being delivered the next day. Took a day and a half for an oil change and battery. Also, I thought I saw my car being driven in old town after I dropped it off, brought up the issue when I was called with a status update for my vehicle and was reassured that my car hadn’t been taken off the property and that cars are only driven on the freeway to check for problems. When I picked up my car the next day, the gentleman that brought me my car was the same guy that I saw driving my car the day before and the odometer was 13 miles over which is odd considering I was told my car wasn’t taken off the property.

FF
Frank F.
09/05/2018
Thought I found a trustworthy shop that I can refer friends and family
Very disappointed mostly in the fact that I thought I had found a shop that I could trust and build a long term relationship with. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Simply put... I brought my car into the shop with a specific concern. Thousands of dollars later, I still have the same problem. That’s not ok. Customer experience dropping off car and getting a loaner was a nightmare. First I was told that rental cars were not available anymore when booking my appointment. When I arrived, there was a customer in the lobby waiting for a ride to enterprise as he explained that the shop is issuing a rental. The gentleman at the desk asked if they reserved a rental for me and I told him that I was told they didn’t do that anymore. He said that information is incorrect. Hmmm. What’s up with that? I end up getting the shops loaner and 10 min after driving it overheats and the shop tells me to stop and that a tow truck would pick it up. Leaving me and my guests stranded until they picked me up. They first asked me to wait and ride back with the tow truck, but I was with a friend, adding to frustration and embarrassment. If they would have shown as much care for my car as they did Ruth the loaner, I may be writing a very different review.
Simply put... work performed did not resolve the problem. The solution offered is unacceptable... looking for more error codes and spending more money in something that I asked them to fix. I paid for the work and parts to get it fixed. Why isn’t it fixed? Paid but no resolution to my car’s problem. Seriously?!

AJ
Adrian J.
BMW Alpina
10/24/2019
Best shop we work with!
Tim and Johanna's team are the very best! Always a delight to work with them. It's a breath of fresh air to work with an honest and caring car shop.

KH
Ken H.
La Canada Flintridge, CA
10/18/2019
Wow!
Tim takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and knowledgeably, sharing all of his logical and strategic considerations, and philosophical thoughts, about your car and it’s maintenance and performance. He knows what he’s talking about, and his team knows exactly what they’re doing, and they get it done right, underneath the hood.

10/12/2019
We are new customers
This place is the best. Just picked up my 535i. We left the car while on vacation. Came back to an immaculate vehicle clean and ready to go.

TP
Thomas P.
09/27/2019
Everything is explained extremely well.
The level of service is beyond exceptional!

Kim M.
09/11/2019
Excellent Customer Service
After making a first call to determine if I wanted to have my towed there I ended the call confident that Timothy would service my car properly and with a fair price. Well, Timothy was able to exceed my expectations. He outlined the problems clearly and emailed me pictures of the problem parts. Long story short, Tim was able to determine that my problem was still under warranty with the dealer and told me to take it there. I will certainly use Tim again when needed. He and his office staff are GREAT!!!

08/30/2019
Emergency tow
On a Saturday our BMW starter failed. Called BimmerPhd to leave a message knowing the shop is closed. To my surprise Tim answered the phone. I wanted to know if they had time that week to address this so I could arrange the tow. He offered to stay at his shop on Saturday to wait for us . They went out of their way to accommodate us. Fixed the starter fast. Back in the drivers seat on Tuesday. GOOD people. GOOD price.

Altadena, CA
08/28/2019
Always Professional
Have been with Tim & his staff thru four BMWs. Their approach is as if these cars were they own.
Recommendations from future services very specific and priorities detailed if requested.
BimmerPHD makes servicing your car a very positive experience.

Steve M.
Glendale, CA
08/27/2019
This is the best place you can take your BMW for service anywhere in So Cal
The team at Bimmer PHD is first class, and I have had a great experience working with Tim and his crew. They have fixed my 2004 330ci two times and both times I was really happy! And the bill didn't make me pass out lol. They also helped my daughter find a new mechanic in San Diego for her 328i and they worked out really well.

This is the best place you can take your BMW, especially if you are in the Pasadena area. Many thanks to all of them!

Rigo M.
08/26/2019
BMW x5 diesel
My BMW is 7yrs old and over 100k mileage. Tim and his team did a great job explaining my options, to keep the car or get a new one. They created a plan for me to help get a couple more mileages/years out of the car. Very grateful for their honesty, time and plan.

TV
Todd V.
08/23/2019
The Best
As usual, great explanation about what the car needs and why repairs cost what they cost.

Tyler S.
Altadena, CA
BMW Z4
08/07/2019
Best BMW Mechanic on Planet Earth
BPHD shows me more love than my wife. If BPHD was a chick, I'd marry her and divorce my wife at the drop of a hat!

Charaf S.
08/06/2019
Amazing, smooth, easy and fast, as always!
It was oil service and we added spark plugs because, like Tim, I am all about preventive maintenance.
Great service as always, quick and easy, clear and transparent and always a fun convo with Tim!