Jim B.
Acura MDX
02/22/2020 Category: Service
Jim said the business always do what they say and do a good job.

GH
Grace H.
Burlington, VT
Volvo S60
02/18/2020
great service!
excellent customer service, honest pricing!

James S.
Saturn Aura
02/18/2020 Category: Service
James said the business had good communication.

JJ
Justin J.
INFINITI Q50
02/12/2020
Always great service!
Bourne’s always provides excellent service and makes you feel like part of the family. I will continue to use them to service all of my vehicles and recommend them to anyone.

Saturn VUE
02/10/2020
As always, we received great service. We live in St Albans, 30 miles away, but it is worth it to bring our vehicles to BournesAuto for service for their honesty and great service & care. I recommend them to everyone.

Colleen C.
Burlington, VT
02/10/2020 Category: Service
Colleen said that the staff is very accommodating. When they found issues with her vehicle that would have caused it to fail inspection, they were able to repair the issues on the spot, without an appointment.

Christine H.
02/04/2020
Kindness and compassion lacking
2nd time trying to leave this review. Left this review on another site as well. To Rene and Staff at Bourne's. Kindness and compassion matter, even in business. Had my first service with you late Fall, despite some little things (lack of response to a f/u email and phone call, grease on passenger seat), it was a good appt. Staff were very friendly and patient and informative. Recently my battery died, was towed to Bourne's and given cost for new battery and installation. I am on fixed income, disabled, and in unfortunate sitch where I had a little over half of the repair fee to give up front and no other means of paying approx $100 balance until February 3rd, only 12 days until my next check. I asked for the 12 day extension; Staff asked owner, he said no. Instead of having a car to get to get to and fro, this long-in-tooth, health-challenged woman had to walk in the coldest part of winter...thankfully pharmacy and grocery store close, but, still, it was painful. I thought of my old garage close by which just closed (Bob's Citgo) and am almost positive they would've worked with me on this. I thought of the times I've helped others and been helped, like recently giving my last bit of cash to someone at checkout who was short, and then maybe a month later was in same situation and guy behind me at checkout gave me at $12. I believe what goes around comes around and I'm guessing this happened to me so I can look even closer at myself and where I can more compassionate in life. But you need to look at your practice. I'm not asking you to be reckless with money. However, times are hard, fewer people can afford cars; servicing them is so expensive and if we can't help each other once in awhile, then what in the world are we here for? I am frustrated that people are so fear-based and cynical they forget to be kind. When I picked up my car a little earlier today, I realized I needed to search for another garage because just being there brought it back. I choose to surround myself with like-minded people. Some people will definitely burn you if you help them out and I'm sure you've experienced this side of business, but MOST people, MOST of the time will honor an agreement. I would have and you and I would've been much better for it.

WM
William M.
Chevrolet Cruze
02/04/2020 Category: Service
William said the service was pretty good and they were prompt.

Christine H.
02/03/2020
Kindness Matters
To Rene and Staff at Bourne’s. Kindness and compassion matter, even in business. Had my first service with you late Fall, despite some little things (lack of response to a f/u email and phone call, grease on passenger seat), it was a good appt. Staff were very friendly and patient and informative. Recently my battery died, was towed to Bourne’s and given cost for new battery and installation. I am on fixed income, disabled, and in unfortunate sitch where I had a little over half of the repair fee to give up front and no other means of paying approx $100 balance until February 3rd, only 12 days away, when my next fixed check was due. I asked for the 12 day extension, Staff asked owner, he said no. Instead of having a car to get to get to and fro, this long-in-tooth, health-challenged woman had to walk in the coldest part of winter...thankfully pharmacy and grocery stores are close, but, still, it was painful. I thought of my old garage close by which just closed (Bob’s Citgo) and am almost positive they would’ve worked with me on this. I thought of times I’ve helped others and have received help, like recently giving what little cash I had on hand to help someone at grocery checkout who was short, but like a month later being in the same boat and a man behind me in checkout giving me $12. I believe what goes around comes around and I’m guessing this happened to me so I can look even closer at myself and where I can more compassionate in life. But you need to look at your practice. I’m not asking you to be reckless, but small actions can make a huge difference. Times are hard, fewer people can afford cars; servicing them is so expensive and if we can’t help each other once in awhile, then what in the world are we here for? I’m frustrated and sad that people are so fear-based and cynical they forget to be kind. When I picked up my car a little earlier today, I realized I needed to search for another garage because, just being there brought it back. I choose to surround myself with like-minded people as much as possible, people who take a chance once in while, who think outside the box and who dare to once in awhile put people over profit. There are people who will burn the nice guy and, no doubt you’ve been there over the years, BUT... MOST people, MOST of the time will honor an agreement. I would’ve been one of them and a loyal customer. We both would’ve been better for it.

SUSAN & SCOTT B.
Hinesburg, VT
01/31/2020
Called them on the way as my alternator was failing and they were able to fix my car same day, which was much appreciated!

01/28/2020
Just a follow up to my previous review of Bourne’s Service Center. We live in St Albans 30 miles from Bourne’s but because of their service and honesty we continue to get our vehicles serviced there. I recommend them to everyone.

ED
Enzo D.
Charlotte, VT
Volvo XC70
01/22/2020 Category: Service
Enzo said everything went smoothly and the staff went out of their way to make sure his experience was a good one. He stated that they explained everything well.

Joe D.
Arlington, MA
01/21/2020 Category: Service
Joe said this place had great service.

Shelburne, VT
01/13/2020
Timely attention
New to VT and heading for a 700 mile drive with my 10 year old car, I went to Bourne’s for a full safety review and an oil change. I ended up with four new tires and a new battery — all of which made sense given tread wear and slow cold weather starts. I felt safe and secure on snowy, icy roads and hugely grateful for a thorough assessment.

Saturn VUE
01/11/2020
As always, great service by Bournes. Had my 2006 Saturn Vue towed to BournesAuto after I videotaped with sound the engine; they said do not drive it but have it towed. Found out that it was the timing belt ( and a few other problems), but I have an extended service warranty that Steve took it upon himself to get everything settled with the warranty company. It’s reasons like this that we continue to have our vehicles serviced by BournesAuto even if we live 30 miles away. I recommend them to everyone.