Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52

Dan G.
Portland, OR
11/03/2018
Long-term customer
I'm not sure how a business that's been around for so many years only has 1 negative review, but my guess is you have to pay YELP to have the good ones stick? Anyway, here is my story:

What can I say? Here it goes: I bought a 1994 Suburban and a 2003 Dodge Caravan in the same month. Financing was easy on the Caravan through Oregon Community Credit Union, and I paid cash for the Suburban. The owner noticed a "tick" sound in the Suburban and offered to replace the exhaust manifold (which he did later at no cost). Although I have had to replace quite a few items on my Suburban, it has never left me on the side of the road dead. The van, I gifted to my wife, who has driven it "lightly" for quite some time now. Both vehicles had 180,000 miles on them when I bought them, and both vehicles are still running. The Suburban just flipped 200,000 last week, so I figured this would be a good time to write my review

The sales staff is fairly laid back and not pushy like I have experienced at other places on Mcloughlin, and I never felt pressured on either purchase. In fact, I was allowed to stay long after closing when I purchased the van, and also was offered to spend a week or so driving the Suburban to see if I wanted to keep it (due to the fact that I bought the Suburban for my wife and she didn't want it). So, I kept the Suburban and then bought the van a few days later. One thing I noticed, is the price is the price, and you don't have to haggle. Since the credit union checks the Kelly Blue Book for me, I know it was a fair price, because I bought it with ZERO down at less than 5% for 60 months.

I noticed some plaques on the wall from a local grade school that Brooks Motors had donated to, so I even felt better about my purchases.

I also referred my dad, Lee, to their service center, and they were able to completely reconstruct a 1991 Dodge Stealth that was slammed into by our local power company. We were amazed, and even when we pointed out that there was a small blemish in the new paint and we THOUGHT the window used to be tinted, the owner rushed the car right back to the body shop, fixed the blemish and tinted the window (this was outsourced). I feel the need to point out this car was basically totaled and I don't think any other shop would have or could have done this kind of work. They literally located a "back end" from another Stealth and shipped it in from out of state. A week later (after getting the Stealth back), it was backed into again, and we brought it straight back to Brooks to have it fixed again. No problems at all on the second fix.

I usually don't give a "5 star" rating, but after buying two cars that are still running, having another fixed at the shop/collision center, and considering the fact that all 3 are still on the road, I feel very confident to recommend this dealership. Are they used cars? Yes. Are they absolutely perfect? No. Was I treated fairly and honestly in a professional manner? Yes. Would I buy from Brooks again? Yes.

Myriah G.
Portland, OR
04/18/2018
Trustworthy Sales
Last year I bought a car from them. I went to several car lots in the area and each one of them slimy and tried to get me to sign my life away and lied to me. Not this place. They were extremely calm and collected and didn't speak to fill the air. They were friendly and it felt genuine. So did their answers when we asked questions. I'm still happy with my car and there is no doubt that this is the car lot I will buy from again and will recommend.

GB
gary b.
Beavercreek, OR
10/27/2017
skilled techs
this shop has invested in high tech equipment and hired the best mechanics they could find. they do great work and stand behind everything they do

Shawn B.
01/28/2013 Category: Service
Shawn said everything went well. This business has excellent service.

GH
Gary H.
Geo Metro
01/26/2013 Category: Service
Gary said this business did a really good job. They didn't try to add on any extra work that he did not need.

PS
Pat S.
Chevrolet Suburban
01/15/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Scott. He said the business did a good job and they finished the work on time. He said he will be back when he needs work.

Michelle H.
Volkswagen Passat
01/15/2013 Category: Service
Michelle said she went to this business because her battery kept draining and it wouldn't hold a charge. She said they installed a new battery, but 4 days later the new battery lost it's charge. She said she went to another auto business that her family recommended and she was told she needed new fuses. She won't recommend this business based on this experience.

CK
Corina K.
Honda Accord
01/15/2013 Category: Service
Corina said everything worked out fine. She said this business did the work in a timely manner.

Ron M.
01/11/2013 Category: Service
Ron said this business gave him a quote, stuck to it and repaired the vehicle in a timely manner.

PS
Peter S.
Scion xB
01/11/2013 Category: Service
Peter said he was happy with service at this business.

TA
Tom, Laura A.
Volkswagen Jetta
01/10/2013 Category: Service
Laura said the cost was incredible and the service was really good. When she purchased her vehicle from this business it was pleasant and she got a good deal.

SP
Stephanie P.
Mercury Cougar
12/28/2012 Category: Service
Stephanie said they were really helpful.

Larry B.
12/22/2012 Category: Service
Larry said he had no problems with the oil change this business performed.

Dynasty P.
Dodge Caravan
12/19/2012 Category: Service
Dynasty said this business was quick and always been great.

LT
Linda T.
OR
12/13/2012 Category: Service
Linda said she has dealt with this business and they are local.

KH
Ken H.
OR
Chevrolet Pickup
12/13/2012 Category: Service
Ken said this business is very helpful.

DJ
Diana J.
12/10/2012 Category: Service
Diana said she is a long time customer here and said they are very good.

Jerry S.
Chevrolet Silverado
12/10/2012 Category: Service
Spoke with Jerry's wife. She said the business never disappoints and does the work.

BL
BILL L.
Oregon City, OR
12/07/2012
Fast Turnaround time.
Very excellent service. Have used Brooks every since they moved to Beaver Creek. Loved them since they serviced the GEO. They still have the Thank You card on the wall.

MN