Latest Review 28 minutes ago

AG
Aaron G.
10/24/2018 Category: Service
Aaron said this was his best experience with a repair business. The business was clean. The staff got him in and out quickly. They were great.

SUE B.
Acura TSX
10/20/2018
The Excellent and Honest Quality of the Service
Cartech Auto Service was recommended by the Auto Club. I am an older person and own a low mileage 2004 Acura TSX. The recommendations for repairs have all involved necessary safety repairs. I am really impressed by the concern for my safety and the courtesy of the owner and his service representatives. When I read the service recommendations to my son-in-law, he strongly advised me to make the repairs so I did. The car is safe, and I can tell the difference in how well it drives. I have recommended AutoTech to a friend.

Sam S.
Ford Econoline Wagon
10/20/2018 Category: Service
Sam said the staff had good customer service.

GF
Ghad F.
Lexus IS 250
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Ghad said they did a wonderful job, they were kind ,got it done quick and they took him in last minute.

MF
MATHILDE F.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
10/09/2018
Not good advices, wrong quotation, very expensive
You told to me to change parts that didn’t need to be changed! Prices more than expensive!!
Would definitely not recommend this place.

Richard S.
Laguna Beach, CA
Volkswagen GTI
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Richard said the service was good.

LY
Les Y.
Ladera Ranch, CA
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Les said the business does a great job.

RICHARD B.
Orange, CA
09/30/2018
Service, Character of employees,
Have used them 2 times both times they have shown NOTHING but the highest quality of service, understanding the costumers predicament! They let you believe in auto mechanic’s again!!

LL
Luz L.
Hyundai Accent
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Luz said the business's staff was nice and they were quick.

SA
SAYED A.
09/28/2018
Best service in Town
I WAS REFERRED BY TRIPLE AAA. OWNER TIM WAS VERY NICE AND HELPFULL. ALSO CHARGES WERE VERY REASOABLE. HE INSPECTED THE CAR AND GAVE HIS HONEST OPINION. I WILL RECMOND CAR TECH AUTO SERVICE TO EVERY ONE.

EA
Ed A.
Mitsubishi Outlander
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Ed said the business did a good job and had his vehicle ready on time.

HL
Hyun L.
Honda S2000
09/27/2018 Category: Service
Hyun said the staff was professional.

HM
HAMELMAL M.
Mercedes-Benz GLE
09/25/2018
Car inspection
There customer service and the job is excellent.
Very clean place...

HG
Hanna G.
09/22/2018 Category: Service
Hanna said she did not know anything about her vehicle and the staff explained it to her. Now, her vehicle is running fine.

LAURA M.
Chrysler 300
09/20/2018
Excellent customer service
Couldn’t be happier to have found such an amazing and trustworthy place to take our cars. Impeccable customer service, fast service, and reasonable prices. Definitely worth the drive!

TH
TAYLOR H.
Santa Barbara, CA
09/18/2018
Customer Service Way Above The Norm
I can't speak more highly of Tim and his staff at Car Tech Auto Service.

I live 2.5 hours away from Car Tech Auto, but purchased a work truck in the Orange County area. An hour after the purchase, the truck died. getting it towed was an arduous process, but in the end I dropped it off at 2 am, at Car Tech Auto, per AAA's recommendation.

When I returned the next day I was greeted by the owner, Tim. From the start he listened to me. He actually LISTENED. He listened to my dire situation, of being stranded with a broken down vehicle, 2.5 hours from home, and immediately began to help. Car Tech Auto is not set up to work on large diesel commercial trucks, but Tim allowed me to keep the truck at his shop while I worked to get the truck up and running again.

Tim truly cares about his customers. He is fair, and has very knowledgeable staff. I wish I lived closer, because I would be a customer for life.

BF
BILL F.
Toyota Sequoia
09/18/2018
SMOG check
I took my 2010 Toyota Sequoia in for a SMOG check. Making an appointment online was a breeze. When I arrived, I was greeted outside the office by a Cartech employee, who welcomed me by name. I was very impressed. The work was performed in about 20 minutes, with all DMV paperwork electronically transferred for me. I could not have been more pleased with the overall experience.

ER
Great customer service and professionalism

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/16/2018
Overpriced and unknowledgeable
Due to the high ratings on Yelp and convenient location, I took my car into Cartech for stalling problems with my vehicle that happened the night before. Initially, I thought Tim was friendly and helpful, including his willingness to take my car in on a Saturday morning without an appointment, and options/steps on how to approach the stalling problem. However, after completing the service he recommended, I went home and entered the information on the RepairPal website, which provided a range of estimates from the lowest to the highest, for the same parts and labor on my vehicle in the local Irvine area. According to RepairPal, Cartech overcharged me by about $60 from the websites HIGHEST estimate, and that was after receiving a 5% AAA discount, which I had to ask for from Tim.

What is most disturbing though, is that I was verbally quoted by Tim an estimate of $1500 - $2000 for a "Timing Belt Package" that was supposedly due on my vehicle. He would not explain what the package included when I asked, which I thought was a lot of money and made me wonder if I should consider trading my car in instead for a newer vehicle. At the suggestion of a good neighbor who also owns a VW, I got a second opinion from his high Yelp rated VW Master Tech mechanic in Huntington Beach. The VW trained mechanic kindly told me that my 2009 Jetta DOES NOT HAVE A TIMING BELT TO REPLACE!!! I could not believe I was told inaccurate information at Cartech, who made me think I was going to have to spend up to $2,000 for an important service on something THAT DID NOT EVEN APPLY TO MY VEHICLE! Whether this was done intentionally or not by Tim, in my opinion it indicates he is either dishonest or at the very least, unknowledgeable about 2009 Jetta's. Thankfully, I found another mechanic to take my business to and was saved either $1500 - $2000, or thousands of dollars more a car loan for a newer vehicle. I recommend always getting a second or third opinion/estimate on your auto repairs, especially if car knowledge is just not your area of expertise. I will never return to Cartech.

AG
AJ G.
09/08/2018
Emissions test.
Fast. Super polite. A job well done.