RON C.
Riverside, CA
Ford Escort
10/02/2019
Disappointed
My car still is in no better shape after $242.00.

AC
Abhishek C.
Costa Mesa, CA
08/29/2019
It's a scam!!!!!
Charged me $50.00 bucks for smog test and said their system couldn't communicate with my car, and asked me to go to a Ford dealership to get it fixed, I had to spend 2 hours of my time and another $150 bucks at Ford to hear that everything is working fine, there wasn't any issue.

After all of this, I took my car to a different place for the smog check and guess what, my car passed the test.

I believe these guys are just running some scam to fool around customers

Santa Ana, CA
08/29/2019
It's a scam!!!!!

I believe these guys are just running some scam to fool around customers.

JOYCE H.
Chrysler Fifth Avenue
12/05/2018
Did not perform service requested.
Over the phone I was told Cartech could do a diagnostic test on my 1987 Chrysler. I emphasized that my car is 1987. When I arrived at the shop the next day, I was told the diagnostic could NOT be performed because my car is 1987! This was a source of not only inconvenience, but anger and frustration. DO NOT SAY YOU CAN DO SOMETHING WHEN YOU CANNOT!

MF
MATHILDE F.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
10/09/2018
Not good advices, wrong quotation, very expensive
You told to me to change parts that didn’t need to be changed! Prices more than expensive!!
Would definitely not recommend this place.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/16/2018
Overpriced and unknowledgeable
Due to the high ratings on Yelp and convenient location, I took my car into Cartech for stalling problems with my vehicle that happened the night before. Initially, I thought Tim was friendly and helpful, including his willingness to take my car in on a Saturday morning without an appointment, and options/steps on how to approach the stalling problem. However, after completing the service he recommended, I went home and entered the information on the RepairPal website, which provided a range of estimates from the lowest to the highest, for the same parts and labor on my vehicle in the local Irvine area. According to RepairPal, Cartech overcharged me by about $60 from the websites HIGHEST estimate, and that was after receiving a 5% AAA discount, which I had to ask for from Tim.

What is most disturbing though, is that I was verbally quoted by Tim an estimate of $1500 - $2000 for a "Timing Belt Package" that was supposedly due on my vehicle. He would not explain what the package included when I asked, which I thought was a lot of money and made me wonder if I should consider trading my car in instead for a newer vehicle. At the suggestion of a good neighbor who also owns a VW, I got a second opinion from his high Yelp rated VW Master Tech mechanic in Huntington Beach. The VW trained mechanic kindly told me that my 2009 Jetta DOES NOT HAVE A TIMING BELT TO REPLACE!!! I could not believe I was told inaccurate information at Cartech, who made me think I was going to have to spend up to $2,000 for an important service on something THAT DID NOT EVEN APPLY TO MY VEHICLE! Whether this was done intentionally or not by Tim, in my opinion it indicates he is either dishonest or at the very least, unknowledgeable about 2009 Jetta's. Thankfully, I found another mechanic to take my business to and was saved either $1500 - $2000, or thousands of dollars more a car loan for a newer vehicle. I recommend always getting a second or third opinion/estimate on your auto repairs, especially if car knowledge is just not your area of expertise. I will never return to Cartech.

VD
Van D.
Garden Grove, CA
10/30/2017 Category: Service
Van said he took his vehicle to this business for them to put Freon in it. They charged him $105, and they did not do anything. They tried to put Freon in, and the compressor would not kick in. They told him the compressor needs to be replaced. He stated they needed to vacuum it out, but the technician could not do it due to lack of experience. The technician did a poor job. He was supposed to check for leaks, but he could not get to it.

KC

CL
CHRIS L.
Parker, CO
11/17/2017
A unfortunate pattern that seems to recurring...
I took my truck in for a standard oil change. A heater part that was replaced last year and was under warranty needed replacing again. During another oil change visit my heater stopped working. Additionally I now have a rattling in my engine they claim is due to the tensioner; my truck is older but I am very meticulous in maintaining my vehicle and this sound was not there when I dropped it off. . Since this was the end of the day and drivable, the front desk said they would talk to the owner and get back to me. So far no phone call a day later and I expect a discussion I won't like about how to deal w this. In fine w work to maintain but I can't deal w a pattern of leaving my vehicle for standard work and having this happen. I've been working w them for nearly four years but that relationship may soon come to am end. I know Sam at the front desk is leaving and because I trusted him completely and the front desk has already dropped the ball it might be time to move on.

RICHARD H.
06/09/2020
Rec’d service not required by manufacturer
I took my car to Car Tech for the manufacturer scheduled 60,000 mile service. I was told that I needed to replace the radiator fluid because conditions in California warranted it. After agreeing to that, I looked into it and discovered that the manufacturer does not require that service until 120,000 miles. No mention was made that any special conditions existed for that service. So I spent needless money on something that wasn’t required for another 60,000 miles. That is not appreciated. I normally receive great service from Car Tech, but I can’t say the same for this visit. I will probably continue going there, but will be more vigilant at what I agree to in the future.

Tustin, CA
04/02/2020
CarTech has been servicing my for years. The work is very good; they are mindful of your budget.

I highly recommend them.

JERRY A.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
08/25/2019
Jetta 8/23
Work was good but again cost is to high.

IS
Ismail S.
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
06/25/2018 Category: Service
Ismail said he sent this business a message on Facebook and they didn't reply, so it was poor customer service.

AP
ARMANDO P.
12/05/2017
Took my car in for an oil change.

Friendly service, but it was slower than expected (2 hours with an appointment), quotes for work needed were more expensive than the last shop I went to, and they somehow managed to activate a "kid safety" feature on my car (Ford MyKey) which I can only deactivate by going to the dealership which is a huge waste of time. I get that accidents happen, but they did not even mention it to me.

Oil change was fine, but I don't plan to come back.

LA
Liban A.
Costa Mesa, CA
Mitsubishi Lancer
10/26/2017 Category: Service
Liban said this business just repaired the problem with his steering wheel in May, but he had to take the vehicle back because it stopped working again. However, he didn't have any problems during his visit and the owner is an awesome guy. He was very helpful and was super nice.