Crabtree Automotive Inc.

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Dave C. on 01/04/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Five stars down to one. "
I had two good experiences with them over the years but the third was unacceptable. My car would only start if I wiggled the key and turned the wheel to the left. I spent $120 for them to look at it. They concluded it was a bad connection within the key cylinder and was going to cost me a grand and a trip to Portland to replace and re-key it. I started to do some research on the web and found there are a dozen ways an ignition system could have issues. I am sure the key cylinder has some wear but was that really the issue?

I called them and asked if they checked all the switches and relays beyond the key. The guy I talked to was defensive and seemed offended that I would question their work. However, the short answer was no, they did not check the entire ignition system.

So I got on the web again and taught myself everything there was to know about my ignition system. I figured out how to pull the ignition switch (took five minutes) and put a $10 multi-meter on it. All the connections worked accept the start connection. The next day I went down to O'Relly's and installed a new $20 ignition switch in their parking lot. So, $30 in tools/parts and 20 minuets labor got my car starting every time.

The paperwork they gave me says the mechanic pulled the ignition switch and it "felt OK." Had he taken a moment to put a Ohm meter on it he would have found the problem. They could have charged me another $80 in parts and labor and I would have been happy to pay it.

That all said, the guy I talked to should have admitted they did not check the entire ignition system and asked me to bring my car back in so they could. If they did they would have kept my future business, the five star rating and made even more money off me.
Service Date: 10/11/2017
Review Created: 01/04/2018 10:57 PM
Mark W. on 12/12/2017
"Craptree"
I'm such a nice guy all I am going to say is don't trust them. Tried to charge me 17hundred for an alignment. Took it to two other mechanics. Both agreed I didn't need the parts or service craptree advised. I will never go back. If I could give them zero stars I would.
Service Date: 12/08/2017
Review Created: 12/12/2017 07:32 AM
Jayne L. on 11/11/2017
"Like Family"

Surecritic logo no tag
SureCritic / Repair Shop / Crabtree Automotive Inc. / Write a Review
Crabtree Automotive Inc.

Word verification response is incorrect, please try again.
Overall Rating
0 out of 5
Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
Review Title
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
Your Review
I recommend you often. Quality care, communication, confidence, go the extra mile. Helps me feel safe in my vehicle and that's everything. Treat you like family. OK to use in your marketing. People need to know where you are and who you are and what you can do for their peace of mind and make vehicle repairs fully. Financing available, but affordable service, fair and honest.

Date of Service
format mm/dd/yyyy
Would you recommend this business to a friend? Yes No
About You
First name
Last name
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
Email address
Your Zip Code
By submitting your review, you agree to the Terms of Service
Review Created: 11/11/2017 06:21 PM
Jayne L. on 11/11/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Peace of Mind - I was so worried"
Review Created: 11/11/2017 06:20 PM
Abraham K. on 10/23/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Overall Experience With My Vehicle Service Appointment"
I requested a quote over email for preventive maintenance service for my Mazda Miata, Justin was prompt with an email response. A month later fixed the appointment over the phone. Car was dropped off. Everyone at the counter was very courteous and professional including the mechanics. Car was ready at the agreed upon time and everything seems to work as expected after service. Justin was great to work with and took good care of his customer. We need more customer centric business like Crabtree Auto in Albany.
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/23/2017 11:23 AM
Jayne L. on 04/09/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Single Lady, We Got Your Back"
Never have I felt such trustworthy, confident, advisors when it comes to my vehicle and finding problems and quickly and efficiently providing solutions in a timely manner. I never felt confusion or less than confident in their advice and direction to reach the best solution for the age and type of vehicle for me. Very grateful and will seek your help along the way and encourage others to do the same, due to competence, friendly service and open honest communication. For my current vehicle and future vehicles. Thank you!

Jayne Lord (you may quote me)
Review Created: 04/09/2017 08:30 PM
Paula C. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/12/2017

Jayne, I am so happy we were able to win your trust and confidence in us.  We will continue to help you along the way so you can make the best decisions for you and your vehicle.

Andy K. on 11/09/2016
"knowledge +"
If you have a mechanical problem or just regular maintenance, this is the place to go. Fair, honest & quick repairs. Will take you back home or to work, while repairs are being done.
Highly recommend their services for all vehicles.
Review Created: 11/09/2016 01:52 PM
David H. on 06/24/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Power steering royal flush."
Crabtree Automotive, Inc.'s state of the art training and dedication to through customer satisfaction lands security to ownership of our vehicles. This staff understands and accepts my high automotive standards. They will work with "picky" if the customer displays a hint of automotive knowledge.
Service Date: 06/24/2016
Review Created: 06/24/2016 09:19 PM
STEVE S. on 05/02/2014
"Great help when the engine light came on"
I brought my car in because the engine light was on. After checking it out, they couldn't find the problem. I was charged a minimal amount for their time, and will come back when the light comes on again. They were courteous, knowledgeable, and very nice. We will be back. Steve and Barbara Shaw
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Review Created: 05/02/2014 01:01 PM
Todd N. on 05/02/2014
Todd said this business did well.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 04/21/2014
Review Created: 05/02/2014
Pat M. on 05/02/2014
Pat said he has always received good service from the business. They are very informative as well as very professional.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 04/29/2014
Review Created: 05/02/2014
Tracy A. on 05/01/2014
Tracy said they are responsive.
Vehicle: BMW 325xi
Service Date: 04/28/2014
Review Created: 05/01/2014
CHARYSE H. on 04/22/2014
"Honest & practical "
This is the second time I've been to crabtree and both times I've appreciated that they're thorough and honest. When I would need a service repeated in a few weeks after other repairs were completed, they recommended to wait, thus saving me $90.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Aveo
Service Date: 04/21/2014
Review Created: 04/22/2014 08:03 PM
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/23/2014

We really do try to save our customers money when we can. Thank you for the nice review Charyse!

KAREN K. on 04/19/2014
"Excellent customer service"
This is the second time I have used Crabtree for my car repairs and I am impressed with the outstanding attention to customer service. They do not try to insult your intelligence like other car shops. I felt like a valued customer from start to finish. They were very open and honest about costs of repairs and labor. My car again works great and I am very happy!
Vehicle: Buick Century
Review Created: 04/19/2014 09:17 PM
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/19/2014

Thank you Karen for taking your time to write such a nice review! The reviews we get are shared with our office staff and technicians. It makes their day!

KATHRYN Z. on 04/19/2014
"Excellent staff! "
I had a headlight go out- the team worked me into their schedule and fixed my car quickly! Exceeded my expectations!
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Review Created: 04/19/2014 08:11 PM
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/19/2014

Thank you Kathryn! We do our best to help people in need of a minor repair like a failed headlight. One of our techs is our "go to" guy for that type of repair and usually we can work a job like that into our schedule.

Don R. on 04/18/2014
Don said the business has good service.The staff members are courteous and explain everything so he can understand.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 04/15/2014
Review Created: 04/18/2014
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/21/2014

Thanks for the nice review Don!

MARY O. on 04/17/2014
"The People and the service provided"
I was extremely satisfied with the service provided to fix my brakes on my 2008 Ford Escape.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 04/16/2014
Review Created: 04/17/2014 07:57 AM
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/17/2014

Thank you for the nice review Mary! I will pass this review on to our staff and technicians.

SHAWNA W. on 04/16/2014
"Amazing service!!"
The crew at Crabtree has always been courteous, efficient and they take great care of me!! I recommend them to all of my friends!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 03/17/2014
Review Created: 04/16/2014 09:17 PM
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/16/2014

Thank you for the nice review and recommending us to your friends Shawna!

Dan P. on 04/15/2014
Dan said the business is honest and friendly. They do what they say they are going to do.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 04/11/2014
Review Created: 04/15/2014
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/17/2014

Thanks Dan!

Jim S. on 04/11/2014
Jim said he has been a long time customer. He has always been happy.
Vehicle: Toyota Pickup
Service Date: 04/08/2014
Review Created: 04/11/2014
Rick B. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 04/14/2014

Thanks for being a loyal customer Jim!