PG
Paige G.
03/27/2018
Best Customer Service Available!!
We had a unique family situation. Curtis was beyond helpful. In the automotive industry sometimes honesty is few and far between. Everyone here was more than honest and went above and beyond to help us out! I would 100% recommend them to all my friends and family! Thank you so much for all your help over at D K Hardee!

WA
Wyndi A.
03/13/2018
Outstanding service - Trustworthy staff
D K Hardee has an experienced staff of integrity
and outstanding customer service. No matter how big or small your automotive needs are, D K Hardee will get you back on the road safely without breaking the bank.

J. R.
Fort Bragg, NC
02/14/2018
Avoid at All Cost!
Avoid at all costs! I'll provide the short tl;dr version as follows with the details right after:

- was told it would cost $46 dollars to diagnose a suspension issue
- was charged $93.67 instead
- part provided in the invoice is not the correct part for my vehicle
- their "COURTESY CHECK" for $0 apparently consist of driving your car to the bay
- lack proper computer diagnostic equipment, or simply didn't do one
- all for the small price of $93.67

I took my 2005 E46 BMW 330Ci to D K Hardee this morning to get looked at due to wobbling and clunking issues coming from the passenger side of the car and a possible oil leak near the power steering fluid reservoir; I stated these as such to the gentleman in the front office.

Before our meeting today, he stated that it would cost $46 to diagnose the problem, I heard him tell the very same thing to someone on the phone while I was waiting for my car. Now, I knew for a fact that the suspension issue was the control arm's ball joint (possibly the bushing as well) and that it would take a mechanic approximately 10-15 minutes max to figure this out (I replaced the bushing myself a couple of years ago) since these items are not "hidden" or hard to identify. For the curious, youtube these parts and you'll see what I'm talking about.

After a wait of two hours, which seemed odd since it shouldn't take that long to find out what the issue was, the gentleman tells me that the suspension issue is a busted control arm (surprise!), bushing, that the oil leak is from a faulty oil filter housing gasket which "your vehicle is known for them to go bad", and that they performed a courtesy inspection . I thought to myself "Hmm two hours to diagnose something that takes 10-15 minutes and another which my vehicle is known for screwing up? Must be the best courtesy inspection ever. Wait, how come he's not telling me my adaptive headlights are not working?" and went with the flow. He also said the wobble is from the rotors and offered to replace some fluids. He left to get some information from my car that apparently was wrong and came back for the billing portion: $93.67. Which I paid without saying a word.

I looked up the invoice's parts as soon as I got home, and there it was, the control arm was for a BMW without the performance packet, which mine has. Anyone that has dealt with BMWs more than once should be able to tell the difference by looking at it (it even has a sticker near one of the ball joints that labels it as such), anyone that hasn't can tell "one of these things don't look like the other". Not the mechanics fault? Maybe an oversight from the gentleman at the front desk? Maybe, but keep in mind that I paid $93.67 for possibly one of the easiest diagnoses for my vehicle, couldn't even get the right part, and missed the fact that my adaptive headlights are not working (the proper computer reading software should've catch it, if not, there's a little blinking light which means there's something wrong). Not adding the "COURTESY INSPECTION" to the mix since apparently is free. Let's not forget I was told it would cost $46. If you will trust such a place to handle something a bit more complex, like say, an oil change you may go right ahead.

Why did I pay and didn't say a word? Is not because I got $$ like that or I'm a fool, this amount was the price to pay to know I should avoid this place at all cost; and so should you.

Additionally, Mr. Hardee failed to address the overcharge in previous replies.

Brian M.
Spring Lake, NC
10/09/2015
2009 BMW X5 Repair
Very professional, courteous, trustworthy & most of all, they found the problem with our X5 & fixed it. We highly recommend them. Not just us, check out the other nearly 300 reviews!

KT
Karen T.
Honest and professional
I have been a long time customer with D K Hardee. With each experience, they would diagnosis the problem, inform me of what was wrong and fix the problem in a timely manner. Very friendly and professional.

KT
Karen T.
Did a super job.
Did a great job of finding the problem with my van and explaining to me what they were needing to do to fix the problem. Very helpful. Have always been given very good service from D K Hardee Automotive.

TT
Tim T.
09/03/2015
Great service, helpful team in fixing my car.
The guys found my problem and explained to me what was needed and why.Very happy to get this taken care of.

Jason H.
12/09/2014
Nice guy but not so nice results...
BMW 328i, wouldn't start. New starter 2 months old so didn't understand what was causing this. Had car towed there, diagnostic ran on car and was told the starter and crankshaft positioning sensor was bad. Charged $150 for this information which in the case of the starter is impossible to know unless it is removed and load tested, and it was not. Was quoted a price tag of over $1100 for the starter replacement (which is under warranty so that part was free) and a new sensor replacement. That sensor is literally 3 inches and 1 bolt away from where the starter is positioned and it retails for $36-$60...told them to stop work immediately! Got the car and me and a buddy pulled the "bad" starter and had it tested and put back on in 2 hours. Starter was good and it literally took 6 minutes to replace the sensor. So somehow 2 hours 6 minutes of work, a lie about a bad starter, and a $40 sensor COST $1100 AT DK HARDEE AUTOMOTIVE:) Guess they saw the car and saw $$$ instead of a chance to earn a customer, and I was recommended here by my neighbor so they really had a chance to impress...I work 50+ hours a week as a manager at Macy's so saving time was my reason for paying a mechanic over doing it myself. Never again!

Jason H.
12/09/2014
Nice guy but not so nice results...

TV
theodore v.
06/27/2014
Great work!!
This place had great customer service, and fixed everything that was wrong with my vehicle for a reasonable price, and kept me up to date on when it would be finished. Awesome place to go if you need any enine work.

06/03/2014
Honesty, good character, fair price, family atmosphere
D K Hardee Automotive is a Christian based business. Honest people, very knowledgeable in their field and a great family atmosphere. Their work is always excellent and professionally done.

06/03/2014
Honesty, good character, fair price, family atmosphere
D K Hardee Automotive is a Christian based business. Honest people, very knowledgeable in their field and a great family atmosphere. Their work is always excellent and professionally done work.

Jermaine M.
05/28/2014
Terrible place to take your vehicle
Overpriced, did a basic diagnostic on transmission and paid almost $500, other repair shops will do the work for free, so if your not willing to pay the over priced amount go elsewhere!!! I'll insure this gets out to my fellow Soldiers!

GH
G H.
Charlotte, NC
04/11/2014
Poor communication and no accountability
I was referred here but I will not be referring. Promised to do a short list of things including a diagnostic. 5 days and parts in stock yet did not complete. Charged double for the part and company I found and problem not solved. In 20 minutes they total price dropped back 500 then up again to 300. Very combative in responding to their short-comings. They will finish the work but the trust and respect is gone. Fayetteville is a difficult place to find quality work completed on time. If you can accept good old boy policies and procedures then this place probably will meet your standards.

11/03/2013
Honest very good service
Honest, friendly service. They keep u informed with whats going on with your vehicle while its in their care. Wouldn't take my vehicle to anyone else for major repairs.

VB
Vicki B.
11/03/2013
Great Service.
DK Hardee Automotive is the place where I trust to take all my vehicle needs taken care of. Fast and friendly service at a fair price in a family atmosphere.

Joyce B.
Stedman, NC
10/31/2013
Professional & courteous customer service & top notch technician!
My car required extensive diagnosis to determine the problems. Keith Harde & Manuel Corona worked non stop until the repair was complete! I really appreciate their hard work & dedication to ensure quality customer service. The front desk guys were great as well! With Friendly & professional attitudes, they kept me informed of the work in progress at each stage of the repair. Great place to go if you need automotive service!

Jenn H.
Raeford, NC
10/31/2013
The service and skill of the staff.
I took my car to a local dealer and they could not figure out what the problem was. The team at DK Hardee was not only able to find what was wrong but fix it for far less then I expected.

Jenn H.
Raeford, NC
10/31/2013
The service and skill of the staff.

Great Service.
Very professional, they always do a great job. Have been doing business with Keith and his staff ever since he opened the business.