Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5

CJ
Carla J.
01/20/2018
Truth?
This is the second time this has happened....I immediately came home and opened my hood to see if my coolant was full... it was empty. I only wish I would have had my iPhone recording me filling it up! This is a problem with my car that I first noticed after my last oil change with you. After noticing my heater wasn't throwing out heat last fall I stopped in at Auto Solutions on 7th Ave. thinking the worst only to find out I had no coolant. After that I have had to add coolant once and keep it on hand. I think you are calling me a liar.....

01/20/2018
Liquids checked?
This is the second time I have had my car serviced... both times I needed antifreeze. You say my antifreeze "is good for -34". How can this be tested if it is empty?
Nice guys though....fast and friendly.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 01/20/2018

Good Morning Carla
I'm not sure if we miss spoke, I did look back at your work order. Your Antifreeze was tested for -34 and was Full. We did add Windshield Washer Fluid, not Antifreeze also called Engine Coolant.
With the sloppy weather we have been having, we do top off your fluids so you are able to keep your windshield clean.

If you have Questions PLEASE give me a call.

Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 01/21/2018

Hi Carla
By no means am i calling you a liar.
I do believe i now have a better understanding as to what happened.
In your first post you had mention that your antifreeze was empty how can we check it when it's empty. ( not knowing that you had checked it at home, i did not under stand it was empty) I remember mentioning to you that your washer fluid was empty, I thought maybe i had miss spoke and said Antifreeze instead of washer fluid. When we service vehicles, the tire lube techs are to check all fluids and record their findings on our write up sheet, yours was marked 1 gallon washer fluid and the antifreeze was good for -34. I do believe you, when you said you had to add antifreeze. It appears one of my tire lube techs didn't do his job properly, for that i am very sorry for this whole misunderstanding on my part.
In closing, if your antifreeze has gone down twice, your cooling system should be checked for a leak. If you would allow us to, We would do this for free because of the mess we created on this visit for an oil change.
Sincerely David Paulson

TP
Tim P.
Volkswagen Passat
04/28/2017
Absolutely horrible,not only did they blow off my appointment,one of the service manager wasTOTALLY rude to you wive. I have doing business there for years and have NEVER been o up set.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 05/01/2017

Tim,

First I would like to apologize for the appointment timing. I was not here Friday and did not know that there was a vehicle left from Friday that had run into problems completing and that car was promised Monday morning since he had to leave it over the weekend. I should have called you once I found out to inform you of the change in timing.

I am not sure how I was rude to your wife honestly. I was on the phone when she arrived to pick-up the vehicle and did not recognize her to hand her the keys while I was on the phone. There was no intent to be rude in any way and I apologize if she felt I was.

We would like to thank you for your business over the years.

Melissa D.
GMC Acadia
12/22/2016
Dave is the guy who solves problems
Dave called and fixed the problem and made sure we were happy. He was understanding and very nice.

12/22/2016
False pricing
Called ahead of time to get price of oil chance on make ans model of my vechicle and was charged way more. Called to talk to someone and they couldn't tell me why.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 12/23/2016

Good Morning Melissa
Thank you for your feed back on the service we provided for you. Dean remembers a couple of customers calling for a quote on an oil change, a 5 quart oil change runs $28.95 plus tax, not sure if one of them was you. 1st we have to put the proper oil in your vehicle, or it can void the warranty on your engine from the manufacture.
We did explain to the Gentleman that brought the vehicle in, that synthetic oil was required, he mentioned that you had called in and wasn't sure about the oil and we installed the proper spec'd oil for your vehicle. It seems like we have a little miscommunication on this service, so i will give you a call and make it right with you.
Thank you for your business, we appreciate you as our customer.
Take Care, Dave

Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 01/04/2017

Good Morning Melissa
I'm glad we could work this out for the both of us. Our customers mean a lot to us and we want you to be Happy.
With a little more explanation, We resolved this issue.
Thank you for your comments and your future business.
High Regards, Dave

Rick C.
06/18/2016
Problem solved
I have dealt with Dave's for many years with no problems. When I picked up my car last Thursday it was late in the day. I was frustrated by some charges on the bill, but the service writer who was available wasn't familiar with the work order. When I received the " tell us how we did" survey in my e mail, I shared my frustration. I soon received a message from Dave that they would take a look at the invoice Monday morning. First thing Monday morning I received a phone call and we easily resolved the situation. I am very pleased with the work that was done on my car, and I am also pleased that they took my frustration seriously and resolved the matter quickly.

06/18/2016
Frustrating
A mechanic friend of mine diagnosed the clicking in the dash as the heater motor door actuator based on a 5 second video clip I ant on my cell phone. When I dropped this car off to have brakes done I asked for a quote to fix it, and had you go ahead and fix it. I was charged a $47 diagnostic fee. I also asked for a quote to fix the power locks. I was told that when to button is pushed you can hear the motor so there is power there, but the locks don't move so " we assume the actuator is bad". I was charged another $47 for that. On top of the $800 bill I had on Thursday, there was another $100 added to give me quotes. I understand you have a business to run and need to get paid for your services, but I found this to be quite excessive. My friend knew right away what the clicking in the dash was, and I have already pushed the button for the locks, heard the motor and seen that the locks don't move!
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 06/19/2016

Good Morning Rick
Im Sorry for the bad experience, this is not our normal service experience. I know there is more than one mode door motor under the dash. Today is Sunday, when we get back in to the office on Monday and review the work order and talk to the service writer we will call you. Thank you Dave

Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 06/21/2016

Good Morning Rick,

I apologize again that you left frustrated, that is not something we ever want to see happen. The mistake was made on my end and I am glad we were able to resolve the problem and keep you as a great customer and happy.

When there are problems or mistake made we appreciate the concern being brought to our attention so we can correct the situation. Unfortunately mistakes happen but they can also be used as a great learning tool.

Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention and allowing us to correct the problem. We greatly appreciate your business.

RN
Ruben N.
Walcott, ND
Toyota Tundra
08/14/2015
GREAT guys!!
They are very honest. It seems like most places take advantage of you now days. These guys are great!
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 08/14/2015

Hi Ruben and Lori
Thank you for the good review and for taking the time to write it.
We appreciate you as a customer over the years and will continue to work hard to maintain your trust.
Take Care, Dave

JN
John N.
11/16/2012 Category: Service
John said he was not pleased with his recent experience. He dropped his tire off at lunch time. He was told that the work would be done by 2:30 and that they would give him a call. He did not receive a call from them, so he went to this facility the next day. He waited for over an hour for them to put the tire on. He does not know why it took so long or why they did not call him. He has never had problems with this business before. He would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 11/19/2012
Dear John I spoke with Billy, who had written up your tire repair ticket. Billy told me that he did try and call your cell phone, just after the lunch hour but didn't get an answer nor was he able to leave a message. Ryan is the person that you worked with when you came back in the next day. It's my understanding from Ryan that we had a full shop and we were waiting for a hoist to open up to change out your tire. He is not 100% sure but he thought he had mention it would take 30-45 minutes before we could get your vehicle in? None the less, I'm very sorry it took so long and for the lack of communication. (not sure what we could have done there) What can we do to make this up to you ? Dave

Myron H.
Chevrolet Suburban
11/14/2012
service!!
service is always, NO. 1.

Myron H.
01/24/2020
GREAT
So helpful, and UNDERSTANDABLE!

GW
Greg W.
01/23/2020
Great service like always, information on upcoming maintenance or things that will need to be addressed
Dave, Ryan & Dean are always great to deal with and very happy to help & explain what needs to be done & why.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 01/24/2020

Good Morning Greg
Thank you for the Great review and your business over the years.
We like to keep our customer up to speed on up coming maintenance needs for there vehicles to ward off any major breakdowns.

Dan R.
Chevrolet Suburban
01/19/2020
Once again, they found the problem and fixed it.
For a long time this vehicle has experienced battery power drain. First a "friend" who is a qualified, experienced auto repairman checked it over and determined there was a short in a circuit to the dash lights, the temporary fix was to keep a trickle charger on the battery until it could be repaired. The vehicle was then taken to a well known shop where it was determined that nothing could be found wrong. Yet, the morning following that assessment, dead battery. I couldn't even get it to start with jumper box or cables. I called a tow and moved it to Dave's. Within hours it was on the hoist, the problem was detected (starter was toast) and repairs scheduled. The following day the vehicle was returned to us and we haven't had a hint of a problem since. My Point? There are experts and then there are experts. The Crew at Dave's are who I label as EXPERTS. Thanks once again. Now, please get that pastry/coffee bar operational so I can better enjoy my visits.

Dan,

I am glad the problem would happen for us when we got it. It is always nice to have the problem happen so the vehicle can be diagnosed quickly and effectively. I think the problem was an intermittent one, no actual draw just a starter on its way out.

Thank you again for your continued business and for the great review. We always try hard and if mistakes are made we just hope for the chance to correct the problem.

By the way, still looking into the pastry bar!

Thanks,
Ryan, Dave and Dean

Jay F.
01/18/2020 Category: Service
Jay said the business does a great job every time.
Dave, Ryan & D. from Dave's West Fargo Tire responded on 01/21/2020

Good Morning Jay
Thank you for the good review and your business over the years.
Take Care Dave, Ryan and Dean

Mike B.
Nissan Rogue
01/17/2020
Courtesy and friendliness of staff.
This place has always provided excellent service and had always treated me as a valued customer.

Mike,

Thank you for the kind words and the positive review. We appreciate you business and trust in us.

JU
Jim U.
01/16/2020
"A Surprise Walk-In"
I stopped in Wednesday afternoon to make a future appointment for an oil change. Unknown to me, Daves had some open slots and I was told, I could get an immediate oil change right now if I could stay. I agreed and the work was done and I was on my way in about 20 minutes.
It was great for me as I was able to save some time, not having to return later. Daves did a regular inspection like they do with all oil changes and found everything about my Toyota was OK. This was good to hear and I will return in another 3 months for a future oil change.

Jim,

Sometimes timing is everything and that day your timing was perfect. Glad we were able to get you in and out in a timely fahsion.

Thank you for the great review and four your continued business.

Ryan, Dave and Dean

VM
Valeria M.
Fargo, ND
01/16/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Ethan. He said they were straight up about the diverse options they had available.

Ethan and Valeria,

Sorry we had to give you bad new about the tire not being repairable but we will always try to give you options in these types of situations.

Ackzle B.
Ford Police Interceptor
01/16/2020 Category: Service
Ackzle said that they took good care of him and got him in quickly.

Ackzle,

Glad we were able to get the alignment taken care of for you without any problems. We appreciate the great review and also your business.