Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Broad Brook, CT
Ford Expedition EL
11/03/2019
Disappointed.
Disappointed and frustrated with wasted time and money and not have my mechanical malfunction resolved satisfactorily.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 11/05/2019

We're sorry to hear that, Anonymous. Unfortunately with a vehicle with as many miles as yours has there can be more than one problem causing a symptom. The best we can do in these situations is follow the cause as we make the repairs. We do still have the level sensor at the shop if you would like to move forward with repairing your air ride (which is not a cheap system to repair), all you have to do is give us a call.

BC
BRAD C.
Enfield, CT
06/04/2019
Prepare our older car for a tough trip; they did it to our complete satisfaction.
Had the 94,000 maintenance completed on our 08 Camry just before we took a 700 mile trip. They recommended two new front tires and we agreed. The car ran like a charm on the whole trip and we were delighted. The work was completed on time and obviously to our complete satisfaction. We will return for some break work at the end of the summer when another maintenance is scheduled.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 06/04/2019

Thank you, Brad! We're stoked you are happy with the work we did. We are a bit surprised, however, as it seems you gave us 1 out of 5 stars! Was this an error, or was there something we didn't do to your satisfaction?

Shaik M.
Windsor Locks, CT
11/10/2018
No good
As you seen my vehicle time in was 11/9 2018 at 2:49:35 my time out was 11/9 2018 2:51:50 p.m. it took them 2 minutes to chang my oil that's mean they didnt they didn't drain the oil good.they said that the road test my car but look at the odometer in and out it didnt change .121504 so how did they do drive test? When I left my car was making a loud noise which I didnt have when I came in .they can't change Oil and inspect a car for 2 minutes. My clips was not broken before I came to your store .one the the technician told me that I have to buy a automatic car because of the noise they caused

Shaikmahmoud M.
Windsor Locks, CT
Nissan Sentra
11/09/2018
No good
No good . They broke my air filter clips and they want to charge my to fix it .they didnt inspect my car which is included for every oil change
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 11/10/2018

As we explained, we found the air clips were missing from your vehicle as a part of our inspection. That was the reason we noted it during the inspection you claim we didn't perform. We're sorry you feel the way you do.

LD
Laura D.
Windsor, CT
Suzuki Grand Vitara
06/15/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with David. He said his wife was given an estimate of $1700 to do a catalytic converter on her vehicle, and they went to another business and got an estimate of $900 for 2 parts, so he is not happy with this business.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 06/21/2018

We're sorry you feel that way.  Our estimates are based of factory converters as we find aftermarket catalytic converters tend to fail prematurely.  We try to provide our customers with the best options for their vehicles to avoid trouble in the future.  Going though your history we also see that we didn't charge you for looking at the vehicle.  If you have any concerns feel free to call us.

SA
Steven A.
Windsor, CT
Chevrolet S-10
01/29/2018 Category: Service
Steven said this business is way over priced.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 02/05/2018

We're sorry, Steven, but we're a bit puzzled by this.  We diagnosed your vehicle for a bad transmission; a repair like that is costly.  We didn't charge you for the diagnosis and gave you a quote for the repair which you opted not to move forward with. As far as we can tell you rated us only on our pricing and not what we did to accommodate you.

Thomas B.
Broad Brook, CT
02/01/2017
Not knowing how to give an estimate
Very Very sorry I went to this place can't say the work is bad but the way they run you around is terrible.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 02/07/2017

We're sorry you feel this way, we were asked for an estimate on a vehicle we didn't see, upon starting the job, we ran into issues with the buildup of rust behind your backing plate and seized bolts on your 16 year old vehicle. There was an additonal 2.5 hours of time that we had into the job we didn't charge you for. We remained in touch with you every step of the way, letting you know where we were at with the issues we ran into, and saved you an additional $300 on your seized speeds sensor.  With so many variables an estimate is preceisely that.  An estimate.  Not a final price.

VP
VICKIE P.
Springfield, MA
Chrysler Sebring
10/15/2016
Top notch employees and Service
To receive a free oil change and maintenance on 5th visit gave me strong message of being valued as a customer. Thank you Dons Auto Care for caring.

10/15/2016
You and your expert team.
Not only do you place value on your customers, you put your money where your mouth is. Thanks for your expert oil and lube....on my fifth visit.

Vickie Phillips Chiz
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 10/24/2016

Thank you for letting us know you meant to leave the five stars, Vickie!  We're glad you like our buy 4 get the 5th free lube service program.  We look forard to your next visit!